Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,550 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by NicoVolta
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f065c571-4d48-42b0-bb09-3c0eba12b3f0_e45adf5f6bc0c5c2a30a39868f44eab6 (resized).jpg
    19C29A43-E7DC-4936-A608-01E5A7E8BAC5 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7FE4CBEA-7690-41A8-B236-48E4A0FCC6B9 (resized).jpeg
    maginot (resized).jpg
    coway6 (resized).jpg
    coway5 (resized).jpg
    coway4 (resized).jpg
    coway3 (resized).jpg
    coway2 (resized).jpg
    coway1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1298 3 (resized).jpg
    Untitled 43 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1196 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1074 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pismoarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#976 3 years ago

I was listening to The Pinball Show and they brought up an interesting point that illustrates exactly what's going on around my area.

More places are shutting down than we hear of. There used to be a few places around that had anywhere between 2 and 5 pins. (pizza places, deli's).

Since California has gone back to shutting down, not only are those places closed, but the operators have removed the machines, probably permanently.

#977 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

One thing you WILL NOT see me do is put up a damn GoFundMe (unlike that other thread). As long as I have games to sell, no call for any charity here.

That guy is one of the most loathsome people I've ever seen in the hobby and I bought my first pin in '79.

2 weeks later
    #1020 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

How is a gas pump or ATM any different that a pinball or arcade game? Everyone touches the same gas handle. Everyone touches the gas pump keypad numbers for zip code. Everyone touches the touchscreen.
    I don’t see any gas attendants or bank tellers wiping down these things between every customer. Granted, these are outside....but everyone’s fingers are touching the exact same spot over and over again.
    And restaurants? So..we wear a mask to go in and walk to the table and then everyone takes them off immediately when seated to eat. Even if people are sitting every other table, there is a half full room of people breathing and coughing and sneezing inside the same HVAC area.
    It’s a mess

The gas station thing always blows my mind. I don't know about the rest of the world but here in California gas pumps are self serve and there's zero hand sanitizer or wipes. I douse myself in the stuff after pumping my gas.

2 months later
    #1188 3 years ago

Love hearing Tim's take on all of this madness. Didn't know that he was being picketed or the other stuff.

I love PHOF. I've travelled 7 hours to Vegas dozens of times just to make playing pinball the highlight of my trip.

I can't even imagine arguing about the mask issue. I've seen you in action with people over running kids or abusing machines. I promise never to get on your bad side.

#1202 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Do the 2 companies pay you ok?
    You already help so many people here, if you are just working for free for companies that needs to end.
    Techs in my area get 125.00 minimum for a house call.

If they are not paying you well and helping you with what you need that just sucks.
    You may do a lot better to make house calls.
    BUT, I do get it is important to enjoy what you do and money is not everything.
    I wish LTG and all the operators the best!

Lloyd has been extremely loyal to JJP since WOZ.

The reason he added "JJP tech support" to his name is because one night 6 or 7 years ago, I decided to have a couple of adult beverages and accused him of being a shill. (I've always felt bad about that.... I was an A-hole)

I doubt he gets paid by JJP, but who knows. I'd want Lloyd on my team if I was a manufacturer. Terrific ambassador for pinball and all around great guy.

#1210 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Please don't feel bad about that.
    You had a valid point. And brought up something others may have thought. I've always respected your opinion or posts. Back to RGP days.
    And I've never hid who I was or what I was. I'm not a key board warrior. Anything I do or say I'll say to your face. So I want to make it as clear as possible that while it may be my opinion. If I post about Planetary Pinball Supply, Chicago Gaming Company, or Jersey Jack Pinball. I am affiliated with those companies so anyone reading what I post can take that in consideration.
    Thank you my friend !
    LTG : )

Thank you Lloyd...that really means alot to me.

7 months later
    #1456 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Today the face mask mandate was lifted by Minnesota.
    Now I hope for light at the end of the tunnel. And no relapse and everything goes bad again.
    LTG : )

Utah also dropped ours a few days ago.

It's so nice to see smiling faces again!

My prediction: SS Billiards is coming back stronger than ever!

2 years later
    #1538 9 months ago

Thank you to the OP for the update! I love when good things happen to good people. I've been following your story and am very happy for you.

Such a contrast from the other arcade owner that stiffed the landlord, treated longtime Pinside hobbiests with contempt and eventually had to close down.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pismoarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-temporarily-closed-my-arcade-thread-?tu=pismoarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.