Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,550 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by NicoVolta
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f065c571-4d48-42b0-bb09-3c0eba12b3f0_e45adf5f6bc0c5c2a30a39868f44eab6 (resized).jpg
    19C29A43-E7DC-4936-A608-01E5A7E8BAC5 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7FE4CBEA-7690-41A8-B236-48E4A0FCC6B9 (resized).jpeg
    maginot (resized).jpg
    coway6 (resized).jpg
    coway5 (resized).jpg
    coway4 (resized).jpg
    coway3 (resized).jpg
    coway2 (resized).jpg
    coway1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1298 3 (resized).jpg
    Untitled 43 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1196 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1074 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

As a physician

You have another job. I don't.

I'm open. Provide disinfectant wipes to anyone wanting them here.

And I'll keep an eye on things here. The severity of it. Or if the government closes businesses.

Any amount of time closed would be the end of my business.

LTG

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Nothing said above meant as a judgement

Sorry, I meant no offense.

Everybody has their own realities to face.

LTG : )

#24 4 years ago

Getting close. Minnesota governor is closing all schools this coming Wednesday.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

Lloyd, and others.....

If it comes to the point of being forced to close. Maybe you could sell some pre-paid gift cards here on pinside? I have friends in the Twin Cities and I would be happy to buy them some gift cards for when this whole thing blows over. It wouldn't need to be anything fancy. Almost like redeeming a paypal receipt when they arrive.

I definitely want to find a way to help support local arcades that may run into issues from lack of business and/or closures.

Time to trot out my old Official Memberships in the SS Billiards fan club. Limited number available. Don't delay.

Don't worry about me. I've never known anything except get back up when you get knocked down. This is just another f*ck up the a** I'll have to get through.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

I thought people learned a little from 911.

Every situation is different. A love affair, a war, a depression. They don't always follow the rules of the last one.

The 1929 depression people saved wrapping paper and string. They didn't do that in 2005's downturn.

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Memberships might be a good idea

Official Membership in the SS Billiards fan club. Limited number available. Don't delay.

#122 4 years ago
    Quoted from stooped:

Lots of pinball being played at home while we hunker down.

I wondered about this part. I haven't seen it yet. I have wondered if tech support calls will increase ?

#131 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

If you don't mind me asking, how much of your business is house calls?

No, I don't mind you asking.

None.

My arcade ( where I do tech support from ) is open 12 hours a day ( 10 on Sundays ) That is enough. Though some days I start earlier or run later. Telephone ( 4 phones ) and email ( two email addresses ) PM's here and on Facebook, and people stopping in. Is enough.

#136 4 years ago

Don't forget your Official Membership into the SS Billiards fan club can also gain you entry into the secret circle which makes you entitled to all honors and benefits occurring there too !

Signed : LTG : )
    Counter Signed : Pierre Andre'

loa (resized).pngloa (resized).png
    #139 4 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

Is it in ink?

Pencil, ink, or blood. Depending which category your membership puts you in.

#142 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

How do I buy a membership?

That's a good question.

Disclaimer : There is no Official SS Billiards fan club. It's been a running gag for about 40 years. One day I had a little kid come up to the counter, and looked at me. Usually they have money or something and tell you what they want. He just stood there. So I told him for $1200 dollars he could be an Official Member in the SS Billiards fan club. He went wide eyed and said "really ?". He was all excited. It's become part of the SS Billiards lore. Along with the tool fund, speaker fund, muffy fund, etc. etc.

#176 4 years ago

I'm still open. A mile north of me on Main Street in Hopkins, some bars/restaurants have closed due to lack of business. My health club in Minnetonka is closed through March 31st. No sauna/hot tub this morning.

If government shuts me down. I'll still be here everyday doing tech support stuff with only some overhead lights on.

#186 4 years ago

Minnesota is closing restaurants, bars, arcades, etc. etc. starting tomorrow at 5pm until Friday March 27th at 5pm.

This includes SS Billiards ( me )

LTG

#198 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Something like this might help...you have a lot of friends on Pinside.

Nice shirt.

My friends on Pinside chipped in 6 1/2 years ago for the refresh. Once was enough.

#224 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Is it dangerous to touch/play the games

Not sure if they have an accurate measure on exactly how long the virus exists not on a body but on a thing. Wash your hands a lot and don't touch your head.

#226 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Please PM me to get a few dozen memberships #LTG. I support those that support others.

Quoted from frolic:

Lloyd, we're all in this together. Let us help you.

Thank you both for the kind words and support.

I hope I won't need help. Not my first rodeo. 1981 video fad bubble burst, went from huge income to no income. Mid 2000's when the economy tanked along with my industry, which used to thrive on bad times because cheap entertainment. I sold games to stay open.

I'll get through this. Somehow, someway. The only thing I've ever known is to keep getting back up, no matter how hard I'm knocked down.

#237 4 years ago

And closed at 5pm sharp. I hope these measures help and they don't have to extend the March 27th 5pm reopening. Stay safe everyone !

#243 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Lloyd, is there a way to forward phones to home? So you don't have to stay at workplace.

Possibly. But also moving the computer and all my resources. And I'm comfy here. Besides tech stuff, I'll find stuff to do. Freshen the place up a bit for when I can reopen.

A little short on parts, was getting a big order ready. But thought I better wait, once things slowed and then the closings were announced. Some things are necessary, some things can or will have to wait.

#245 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

You can use google voice for free to forward calls - I think it does cost if you tell them it's for business, but they may wave it under the circumstances.

At least three of my four phones I believe I can forward.

I need a little distance. Home is for home. Work is for work

Worst couple years of my life was when my Mother owned a 3.2 bar in NE Minneapolis. There were apartments upstairs. So we moved into one. Problems from home go to work. Problems from work go home. It was a vicious circle.

Thank you for the advice. But I need a little distance between the two.

#257 4 years ago
    Quoted from GGBGROUP:

Question for other operators. I was just notified by my landlord that the 'mall' will be entirely closed as part of the state ordered shut-down. In such circumstances, should the landlord expect to continue to receive rent payments from their tenants/merchants during the time the mall is closed?

Ask your landlord. He may be screwed too with on going expenses and potential no income.

Quoted from pookycade:

While it is not a long term solution, and there is worry about taking on more debt, arcade owners may wish to apply to an emergent low interest loan to stay afloat.

I wouldn't do that. Right now the last thing I need is a new bill.

#261 4 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

Idea for business owners that own their pins: explore renting out each of your pins to people in your local community for a few weeks or one month while your business is shut down. You get some cash for your pins to offset lost coin drop / entrance fees. Local pinheads get a pin at home to play while they're isolated.

Be careful you aren't dragging the virus with you, or get exposed to it there.

#290 4 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Anyone have an estimate on what a fair price would be to rent a modern game like MB or EHOH for a couple weeks, I've never even thought about it before?

Check this thread for some idea.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rental

#296 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

I was informed that if the forced closure bankrupted me, the lease is still in full force and, due in full, on demand.

Penalties will be enforced.

So, no relief from the landlord lol.

I'm sorry.

LTG : (

#308 4 years ago

Things have been interesting so far. A little over two days into closed.

I'm here anyway for tech support, and though closed, trying to keep similar hours so I don't mess up my noon to midnight schedule.

Tech support has been light. With people staying home, I thought it would be busier. Scammer phone calls are about normal. A fair amount of people calling to see if I'm open. Apparently not everyone knows that most businesses were shut down by the state. They seem surprised or don't believe me ?

I vacuumed the pool tables yesterday, they will need recovering this year, and started mopping the winter off of the floor. A slow process.

My dog is confused. She doesn't know what happened to all her fans and chest rubs. She's barking at people more, trying to get them in I think.

Been a few inquiries if I'm selling any machines yet. Several offers to run gofundme's for me. And several have paypal'd me money, which I have no way to retrieve it. So I hope they get it back eventually. Otherwise I'm involved in a gofundme for paypal.

I'm hoping to be back open soon and I hope everyone stays health and safe, their loved ones too.

#314 4 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

I would not be particularly happy about people asking if I’m selling games. There is a vulture like aspect to it isn’t there ?

The ones that have contacted me. Don't bother me. After all I have posted about it recently. I've done it in the past. And is a possibility if things don't get better now.

They weren't gathering like vultures, were offering help. And if I decide to sell anything, they have interest.

I do agree if they came at me like clearing off the carcass, then I'd feel different.

#325 4 years ago
    Quoted from longwetsocks:

For operators who don't want to sell their games off right away, I saw some arcades around the US renting their games out on a monthly basis. If you can rent your games out to collectors you trust, it's not the worst way to minimize losses while we all go through this troubling time. I know I wouldn't mind tossing a few hundred at a Chicagoland area arcade to help out and have a new game to play for a month or two.

This has been covered here :

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rental

Myself. I wouldn't do it. No way of knowing if you are delivering it to a house with infected people or not. Or if you spread it and they trace it to you.

#345 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I’m back from my ban hiatus to wish Lloyd and the rest of you guys my best.

Glad to see your triumphant return my friend !

In other news : Around 5 days of captivity. Not going crazy. Yet. Cleaning continues. Getting rid of the winter build up. Have concluded scrubbing and mopping 1800 square feet of floor sucks. Only way to accomplish this amazing feat would be sitting on a chair. Having an ice cold beer. And watching someone else do it. Front third left and a patch up the middle and out the back door. I'm dead. Might not accomplish much more today. Tech support is real slow. Maybe more people playing games and less people modding them or trying to fix them ? Prada is in the dumps. She really misses her fans. She doesn't understand what happened to her world. I should have gotten one of those riding hard floor cleaners years ago when times were good. I'd be done in fifteen minutes, if I didn't crash into anything.

#351 4 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Ok there is something really weird going on with the universe. I searched everywhere, the entire web, even going back years to see how often these popped up on Pinside or anywhere else for that matter (EBay). Unobtanium. Literally within 10 minutes of this post this is listed on eBay for $20. It’s mine now.

Too bad you didn't wish for something bigger/better/expensiver for cheaper. Or winning lottery numbers.

#369 4 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

America is turning back on come Easter.

There have been hints of Easter in Minnesota.

Effectively screwing me. Not killing me. Yet.

#372 4 years ago

The governor of Minnesota increased the shut down to May 1st at 5pm.

So I've now reached the point of this sucks.

#376 4 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I want to buy an SS Billiards membership.

Standard or Official ?

I'm running a special right now.

#386 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Aren't you eligible for any of the government handouts they are working up?

Might be. And a month or two, or later, after the fact.

I'm contemplating the here and right now.

#393 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

my wife really wants Stranger Things

Well. She did marry you.

#402 4 years ago

I've been giving this a lot of thought since my ten day closure got extended by five weeks yesterday.

First is no income during this time. I don't really want to sell a game currently in use on the floor. The last decade has been spent increasing the number of games after the last bad time when the total number of games was in decline.

So since the Bill Paxton pin died. The CPU needs to be reprogrammed, which I have the files and don't know how to do. It needs a computer nerd. And once running again I'm not sure I want to run it commercially anymore. I have thought of selling Bill as is.

And since I don't have gift cards to sell. I did get to thinking there is a way to send donations to my email address via Paypal. I could ask local customers to contribute. And easy to track who and how much. Then when I open again. When they come in. I could give them the money back so they could play games or shoot pool.

This could help me two fold. Short term help. And also help rebuild my customer base. Get my customers used to coming here again after such a long time.

I remember when the refresh went almost three weeks instead of one week. It took awhile to bounce back.

I've got a lot to think on right now.

#405 4 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Here's some thoughts,

I sincerely appreciate your input.

I am mindful that about seven years ago a lot of people stepped up and contributed to the refresh Kris ran for my business.

I'm trying to avoid going to the well again so to speak. The 2nd year of Pintastic when guys wanted to raise money to send me there. Unbeknownst to me. Sure enough I caught some crap for begging for money again.

I do have a rough month or so to deal with. That is why I was thinking similar to the gift card idea that places are using. If people donated. When they came back in I could return their money for them to play games.

Or sell a game.

#406 4 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

But I feel bad for whoever (presumably LTG) has to keep track of the above. I just can't imagine him running around his business with a wheelbarrow of quarters and notepad deducting peoples tabs.

That brought back memories. My 30th Anniversary and Goose Party. I had friends helping. They get a box of quarters rounded up and they'd have sold them before they got back to the counter with them.

#419 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’d be in for a package, as I’m sure many more would be, LTG has donated a lot of his time to helping many, and it’s ok to let the community give back, that is in essence what a community is.

Thank you for the kind words.

I sold a game. Crisis averted as long as I reopen May 1st.

Thank you all !

#422 4 years ago

More people are asking for gift certificates to use when I reopen. I will make them available. But please intend to use them. PM me for info.

#427 4 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Is it not possible to open an arcade for a single family to enjoy for an hour ?

No. Too great a risk. In Minnesota goes against the shut down. No idea what the penalty might be.

And, someone in that family contracts the virus and they trace it back to your arcade, that was supposed to be closed. No idea of penalty, but I would bank on lawsuits flying.

#432 4 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I think this will be a good offer for when businesses are allowed to open but people are still afraid of coming out and the place is sitting empty.

It's going to be hard to rebuild a business. This is a good idea to get your players back in.

#436 4 years ago

I have no worries now. A guy that won $150 million in the Powerball wants to send me $2 million.

All he needs is my info.

I'm on easy street now. Swimming pools, movie stars.

Disclaimer : I know it's a scam. But a new twist. Made me laugh. I'm still smiling when I think of it.

#439 4 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

but I'd share the ideas ESPECIALLY when they are not the established ones.

Right you are.

What works for one, may not work for others. Or vice versa.

And what may not work today, may work tomorrow.

Much of this is uncharted territory. And the rules are continually changing.

For me I went from closed for 10 days, before that was over increased to almost 7 weeks. And don't know if that will be increased.

This added more thinking to my plan. Get by. Okay now can't get by. Okay after that long, how to get customers back ?

1 week later
    #455 4 years ago

The governor of Minnesota yesterday extended the stay at home and non essential businesses to May 4th.

Which wouldn't surprise me if the non essential business closures gets extended.

And the hits just keep on rolling.

#462 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

#LTG just write the governor and remind him the definition of social distancing Is a pool hall! Players around the table are always 6 feet apart by design. Lol. Wish you the best my friend.

I'll get right on that.

Actually I've been thinking if and when I can reopen. If I'll have to limit number of people in here at a time ? Already been thinking to spread people out use every other pool table or every other pinball ?

Quoted from Yelobird:

Wish you the best my friend.

Thank you. I'd hate to end up living in your basement. Oh, wait. You remodeled that didn't you. Hmmm..., that might not be so bad.

Thank you my friend. I hope you and your loved ones stay safe. Everyone that reads this too !

#469 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

I am a bit curious what an indoor Nerf arena is

https://www.nerfedshawnee.com/#/

They are on Facebook too. More pictures there. Looks like fun.

75380367_2631560163593472_8614841536846233600_o (resized).jpg75380367_2631560163593472_8614841536846233600_o (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #508 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_M:

D&D Pinball Arcade in Tucson just shut down for good.

Terrible news. And a loss to their customers and pinball fans.

I hope we don't see more of these.

1 week later
    #564 4 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

-Will not share it with anyone, door will be locked.

Well there is the first problem. Check with your fire marshal. In my city ( Hopkins, MN ) if people are inside, doors must be unlocked.

Not saying it's a bad idea. Just think through all parts of it.

#590 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

So here’s a question for operators with games in someone else’s business, like a pizza shop, bar, etc. If that business goes under, and they padlock the doors, what happens to your equipment? Can you get it out, or does it become embroiled in a lengthy bankruptcy proceeding?

That could be a problem. You'd have to prove ownership and go through the legal process. Takes time and money. You should be able to get them back. Eventually.

#676 3 years ago
    Quoted from PBFan:

I am just wondering why an arcade operator thinks that damage to exterior pin surfaces would be KEY to reopening an arcade. You are an operator not an anal HUO collector

As an operator I take the view if you don't have messes, wear and tear, you don't have any business.

Many years ago after I recovered the pool tables. They looked so nice. My Mother remarked that she wished they'd stay like that. I told her hell, then we ain't got any business. I wish I was recovering them four times a year.

Stuff built for commercial use. Expect it to get used.

I am talking normal use here. Not abuse done intentionally.

1 week later
    #763 3 years ago

Looks like I can open at noon on Monday May 18th. Limit of ten people or less. And social distancing. So likely one or two pool tables with only one or two on each. And if pinball players can't adapt to a two game space between players. I'll have to disable games or move them or something. This will be a learning experience to try and keep my customers and me safe.

#765 3 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Will everyone be required to wear a mask?

Right now I don't know. I'm sure the printed form will go into more detail past what the governor said.

#768 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Looks like I can open at noon on Monday May 18th. Limit of ten people or less. And social distancing. So likely one or two pool tables with only one or two on each. And if pinball players can't adapt to a two game space between players. I'll have to disable games or move them or something. This will be a learning experience to try and keep my customers and me safe.

The rules for reopening are up. Looks like June 1st for me. Sorry for jumping the gun with the earlier news that made it sound like Monday was it.

2 weeks later
    #842 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Looters were allowed to run wild in Oakland last night storming Starbucks, Banks, and bars in which housed operated pins.
    I understand the frustration, but these acts are icing on the cake for local businesses already struggling to reopen.
    Terrible.

Sadly this will be the end of many of them ever reopening.

#871 3 years ago

I can reopen SS Billiards next week Wednesday June 10th with precautions most of which are already in place.

4 weeks later
    #950 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

We are going to assess where this all goes on a week by week basis. It was July 4th, alot of people didn't know we were open probably. I am prepared to go another $20K in the hole this year, but if yesterday was any indication, that wasn't gonna be enough, hence the alarm.

One problem is, with being closed, and what is still going on. You have nothing to gauge it by.

For instance in my business. Super hot days or super cold days, heavy rain, or heavy snow. Drives in business or keeps it away. Well now I'm starting over fresh, years of experience doesn't come into play. My business has been all over the map. Busy days, dead days. No pattern no rhyme or reason. And I have no idea what to expect.

Best wishes to everybody in these crazy times !

1 week later
    #969 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chrizg:

Modern Pinball in NYC closing at end of month =/

Crap.

#978 3 years ago

My business has been all over the map. And being closed for three months threw over 47 years of experience of what to expect out the window.

Add in days like last Friday. Not a single customer for the first two hours. Then three people came in to play pinball. Oh boy, I'm excited. Twenty minutes later the power in my area goes out for almost two hours. Refund their money, apologize.

I love this business.

#984 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Another one down unfortunately. Pinball arcade museum Petersburg FL http://pinballarcademuseum.org/

Bad news. I'm sorry to hear.

#991 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Sad times. A few friends with locations say they are only earning 25% of what they were earning pre covid. There will be a lot more locations closing if they can’t make enough money to pay bills.

The next half year or so isn't looking good.

And may be forever changed.

#993 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Of course Fall usually sucks for us, so I still consider this precarious beyond belief.

I don't know how it is for you.

For me. 47+ years of experience is meaningless after being closed for 3 months. Basically starting over. Which will take years. What works. What doesn't. What to expect. What not to expect. All the basics out the window.

I never dreamed that I'd be relearning a business.

#1000 3 years ago

Minneapolis MN lost a little.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/07/29/mayor-jacob-frey-announces-bar-areas-must-close-again-due-to-covid-19-spread/

No standing, or sitting, or walking up to bars to order.

Hope it doesn't get worse.

1 week later
    #1029 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Your weekly not so good report.

Best wishes my friend.

I wish I knew the answers to help you.

4 weeks later
    #1108 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I have to ask, do you guys really believe all this shit is necessary that covid is that much of a threat

Yes.

I care about my customers.

3 weeks later
    #1156 3 years ago

I'm sad.

Every time I check this thread it might be another obituary.

1 week later
    #1172 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Last week was just godawful,

Mine was a disaster too. Really slowed down once mask wearing became mandatory awhile back, wasn't any where good after I reopened. And 47 1/2 years of experience out the window when I was closed for three months. So no knowing when I might have some business or not.

A new game would help about now. But I don't see that happening either.

Best wishes to everybody struggling through these times.

#1192 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

So can’t you sell one and bring in another new ?

I don't have the money difference between selling old one and buying new one.

#1193 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I don't have the money difference between selling old one and buying new one.

My hope right now is PPS/CGC comes out with something soon.

#1196 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

It’s too bad that pin companies won’t place games on location at a nominal rate as some kind of advertisement to home buyers. Also too bad that operators can’t band together at some group rate discount buy. My suspicion is that places like yours encourages home pin buying, but I’ll fully admit that is just my supposition with absolutely no proof behind it

I do tech support for two companies. And show off their games inside and out to people looking to buy and refer them to distributors or manufacturers.

That generally hasn't been a benefit to my business as competitors in my area get the new titles a month ahead of me, or more. So by the time I get the game. People wanting to rush out and play it or are used to playing it elsewhere. So it just becomes another pin that if someone were here they might drop money in it, the same as pins already here. They aren't coming in just to play it.

So I've seriously been rethinking things this year.

#1198 3 years ago
    Quoted from hocuslocus:

Why wouldn't you get the game ahead of the crowd since you do tech support?

Good question.

I've never got an answer. It's been brought up. But nothing ever changes.

Besides it's more fun doing tech support on a game I haven't seen yet.

#1209 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

The reason he added "JJP tech support" to his name is because one night 6 or 7 years ago, I decided to have a couple of adult beverages and accused him of being a shill. (I've always felt bad about that.... I was an A-hole)

Please don't feel bad about that.

You had a valid point. And brought up something others may have thought. I've always respected your opinion or posts. Back to RGP days.

And I've never hid who I was or what I was. I'm not a key board warrior. Anything I do or say I'll say to your face. So I want to make it as clear as possible that while it may be my opinion. If I post about Planetary Pinball Supply, Chicago Gaming Company, or Jersey Jack Pinball. I am affiliated with those companies so anyone reading what I post can take that in consideration.

Thank you my friend !

4 weeks later
    #1241 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_ric:

How are things up in your neck of the woods LTG?

Slow when I reopened. Slowed more when masks were required.

Hanging on. Hope I don't have to sell a machine to get by this winter. And hope things improve.

#1245 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_ric:

Just went and looked. Doesn't look good for ltg
    - Patrons must be seated at tables
    - No bar games that require standing

Where did you see this.

Everything I read up on said I can't sell pop or candy from 10pm to 4am. Or have it consumed here during those hours.

Thank you.

#1247 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_ric:

Just went and looked. Doesn't look good for ltg
    - Patrons must be seated at tables
    - No bar games that require standing

What a mess. Some places say I can't sell pop or candy or have it consumed on the premises from 10pm to 4am. Some say no games you have to stand at like pinball or pool. Effectively shutting me down again.

#1249 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oaken:

Holding out hope for you LTG.

Thank you my friend.

It's over. 10pm on Friday I'll be closed again. No idea for how long.

Quoted from pinball_ric:

I'm more than happy to chip in some cash so you don't have to do that and I know others on here would do the same.

I hate to ask. If anybody could help. I can use it.

LTG

#1253 3 years ago

Apparently I can be open. Starcade sent this screen shot to their Facebook page.

Starcade is a video game place opening soon in Roseville.

covid (resized).jpgcovid (resized).jpg
    #1256 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_ric:

but I sent some money your way just in case you can't. I hope you don't actually need it and can use it towards something else instead of just trying to keep afloat.

I saw your PM. I'm good for right now. Thank you for thinking of me.

Quoted from pinball_ric:

I also bumped the thread from the beginning of all this.

Thank you,

#1259 3 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

I hate to ask. If anybody could help. I can use it.
    LTG

You earned the respect of many pinsiders. You contribute, problem solve and basically make the whole website better. Do everyone a favor and set up a go fund me. If everyone you helped solve an issue donates 10 bucks, you will make it thru covid just fine.

I'm good for now. When I posted that it looked like I'd be closed again.

After sifting through all the pages that are up about this from the state. I can be open. A little more reduced occupancy ( not a problem ) and no consuming soda pop, candy, or food, after 10pm. Pop or candy I sell or that people brought in.

Thank you for all the caring and support !

#1262 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Lloyd is FULL of hot air!!

I'm giving Fred Young your phone number so he can in detail, explain to you all the voices he used in all the games he is in.

#1283 3 years ago
    Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Last Monday was my one year anniversary of opening Now Here Pinball. Sad to say, but I don't see business improving anytime soon. I think it's time to make some difficult decisions.

Best wishes my friend. During these trying times.

#1310 3 years ago

Tonight Minnesota finds out what next. School sports, gyms, and bars/restaurants take out only. No idea yet if I'm in it or not.

#1316 3 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

Grocery stores are struggling with accommodating the amount of curbside service as it is. There is no way they could ever move to a 100% curbside pick up model in a such a short amount of time. This sucks for bars/restaurants/entertainment venues, but let's be realistic here.

I have no problem with grocery stores. I don't agree with Walmart having the whole place open. If other businesses have restrictions. They could be held to just the grocery/food part being open.

#1320 3 years ago

And starting Saturday I'll be closed for at least a month.

#1335 3 years ago

After an absence of too many years the Christmas Lights are coming back to a window at SS Billiards. The project started before the current shutdown. I was thinking of tossing them back in storage. I decided to move forward with them. Rebuilt the PVC frame, restrung the lights and added a few new strings. I hope to be reopened on December 19th and crank them up. If not open for Christmas. I plan to have them in the window and light them for Christmas Eve and Christmas day.

XMasLights (resized).JPGXMasLights (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #1347 3 years ago

I have my Christmas lights ready to go. If I can reopen on the 19th.

cokeb (resized).JPGcokeb (resized).JPGxmas2020a (resized).JPGxmas2020a (resized).JPG
    2 weeks later
    #1359 3 years ago

Looks like extended me ( SS Billiards ) to January 11th before I can reopen.

LTG

1 week later
    #1377 3 years ago

In spite of the year. My Christmas and Hanukah lights are on Christmas Eve night and Christmas day. In hopes this year is soon behind us and I'll be open again.

1 week later
    #1383 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Running an arcade is a funny business. I think I understand my customer and trends. I am here to tell you I do not.

Up until my first closure in March last year. I had a good idea what to expect, and when. Patterns for holidays, weather, seasons, etc. etc.

3 months later when I reopened. I realized that over 47 years worth of experience went out the window. No rhyme or reason anymore.

Now tomorrow I'll find out if I can reopen again on January 11th. And after that what is all in store for me.

#1386 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Now tomorrow I'll find out if I can reopen again on January 11th.

Looks like any announcement was pushed off until Wednesday at 2pm CST.

#1389 3 years ago

Great news. I can open again on Monday the 11th. Same restrictions as before the recent closing.

I am one happy camper !

#1391 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_ric:

That's great news! Will still be sending you some cash here in the near future anyway though. Probably after the 15th after I get paid and pay my current CC bill. I've decided I'm sending you any stimulus money I get from the government. I have been and continue to be employed with a very well paying job so I definitely do not need it and it should go to someone who does need it.

I appreciate it. Just don't short yourself.

#1392 3 years ago

In minutes less than 12 hours I can reopen. Guidelines the same as went into effect two weeks before the last closing.

I'm excited to start a new season of pinball and pool.

With 617 days until my 50th Anniversary party. I hope this was the last closing. And with the vaccine rolling out. I hope we get COVID behind us.

Thank you all for the support and kind words !

3 weeks later
    #1410 3 years ago
    Quoted from v8torino:

Following,
    Have sent some unsolicited $$ here and there to my haunts and wish all of you the best !! Keep on pluggin away,the last few posts give us pinball crew hope.

Thank you for all your help in these trying times !

3 weeks later
    #1423 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Ok, posts are becoming less frequent from me which is probably a good thing.

For me things are kind of an even keel. I can hang on and hopefully with time things will improve.

When the video game fad died. It took 3 or 4 years to get rolling again.

I am hoping for a shorter time frame this time.

2 months later
    #1455 2 years ago

Today the face mask mandate was lifted by Minnesota.

Now I hope for light at the end of the tunnel. And no relapse and everything goes bad again.

#1458 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Shame, you look better behind a mask!

You know besides making mods and posting on Pinside. You could be funny too.

1 week later
    #1460 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I’m sad to say that I’ll be helping a friend pack up his 9 pins (and a few arcade games) to move them to storage this week.

I'm sorry.

#1465 2 years ago
    Quoted from srt-8:

.... still hanging in there

Best wishes my friend !

1 week later
    #1471 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_ric:

LTG How are you doing? Haven't checked in on you in quite awhile.

Right now not good. Opened up back in January with restrictions. Had some okay days and bad ones, no great days.

Over time restrictions were lifted more. Things plugged along.

Now the recent opening up more and hot weather killed me.

48 years of experience is gone. No idea or planning when I might be busy or not. Makes bills real fun. And trying to plan things. My computer is being a major pain, if things get better it's going to be replaced with an Intel NUC. Expo is out. Two big reasons. Expenses. And after being closed twice last year. No way I'm going to close for 3 or 4 days in October.

It took about 4 1/2 years to recover from the video fad flop. And we aren't out of the virus crap a 100% yet.

So I guess everything is normal. How are you all doing ? Good and healthy I hope !

Disclaimer : I am a happy camper today. Did my good deed for the day before I even opened up. What a great day !

#1476 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

What’s your current mask policy?

I still keep an eye on Minnesota rules.

Not needed if vaccinated.

Honor system for people to decide if they need them or not.

1 month later
    #1485 2 years ago

Looks like things are heating up again in my area. Masks may soon be required, not up to the individual.

Which is fine with me.

As long as I don't get closed. Again.

2 weeks later
    #1505 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Bottle washing automation that (mostly) ensured a clean drink.

Unless one with a mouse or something slipped through the inspectors.

#1510 2 years ago
    Quoted from PlanetExpress:

“Yeah. OK, well, uh, we found, uh, this mouse in a bottle of YOUR BEER, eh. Like, we was at a party and, uh, a friend of ours - a COP - had some, and HE PUKED. And he said, uh, come here and get free beer or, uh, he'll press charges.”

No, for real. At my Father's arcade every once in a great while we'd find something in a bottle. Usually Mountain Dew, it was easiest to see when loading the pop machine. This would be mid to late 1960's.

I had one with a plastic straw in it I saved. No idea where it ended up. When I lost the house a lot of stuff disappeared.

Those days we didn't think of suing.

1 year later
    #1530 9 months ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

What’s my take home ? Perseverance to exist, great personnel who all have a passion for what we do, combined with fortuitous luck can take you places. You just have to be patient, in it for the long haul, and let it unfold organically. And yeah luck, don’t ever forget luck. You aren’t as smart as you think you are, your decision making isn’t nearly as good as you believe it is.

Glad you keep the ball rolling. Best wishes on a promising future.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-temporarily-closed-my-arcade-thread-?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.