Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,550 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by NicoVolta
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f065c571-4d48-42b0-bb09-3c0eba12b3f0_e45adf5f6bc0c5c2a30a39868f44eab6 (resized).jpg
    19C29A43-E7DC-4936-A608-01E5A7E8BAC5 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7FE4CBEA-7690-41A8-B236-48E4A0FCC6B9 (resized).jpeg
    maginot (resized).jpg
    coway6 (resized).jpg
    coway5 (resized).jpg
    coway4 (resized).jpg
    coway3 (resized).jpg
    coway2 (resized).jpg
    coway1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1298 3 (resized).jpg
    Untitled 43 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1196 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1074 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hocuslocus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#233 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Thank you both for the kind words and support.
    I sold games to stay open.
    I'll get through this. Somehow, someway. The only thing I've ever known is to keep getting back up, no matter how hard I'm knocked down.
    LTG : )

I'm in the same boat as you and I respect this, its cool selling gift cards or merch if you have to. Not sure I can get behind the patreon or go fund me just because though. I'd try everything else possible before asking for straight cash donations... even then. Maybe that's just me, because it feels like I see GoFundMe's for everything nowadays.

#236 4 years ago

dupe

1 week later
    #394 4 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

No good solutions.

It's a crap situation anyway you look at it. Listened to that speech the Governor of NY had yesterday, his proposed solution made a lot of sense. Regardless it's not going to happen till they are able to test people for the antibodies and the hospitals are able to keep up.

#447 4 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

I am sure most of you have already talked to your accountants or other local small businesses to get options. The option I have seen others take is selling off games. Great option, liquid assets, no debt, but hard to recover those games if you dig yourself out.

Here in Texas the TWC (texas workforce commission) is allowing unemployment claims to go out without it affecting the companies rates. Not sure if its nation wide or not. We told all of our employees to file, pretty sure as an owner you can file as well since your still on the payroll.

If your a sole proprietor or even an LLC, probably the best solution would be like you said, to get an SBA loan. Even if you don't need it right now, there is no telling how long this is going to last. It's first come first serve, so if you haven't done it already try to get it done soon. Best case - you don't use it and pay the loan back. Worst case - your have a loan, but at least you still have a business to pay it back with.

1 month later
    #689 3 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

I managed bars for a good portion of my life, and pool tables were a constant source of unwanted trouble in every bar that had one.

Im a part owner at two bars, decided it was best not to even bother with pool tables at the second location because they bring to much drama. Sucks because most people are great, it's the few that mess it up for everyone. That and they take up tons of room for what they make. I have an air hockey table at the second location that makes/made more then all three pool tables at the first. Thinks it's more a bar staple, like darts more than anything.
    On the other side, you might make it up in alcohol sales, because pool people tend to drink more.

#701 3 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

We have a lot of pool leagues in our area.

We had 3 different pool leagues for a long time, on 3 different days of the week. All I can say is good riddance. There was a reason the second and third one weren't playing at slick willies (pool hall chain in Houston) anymore. Fights never broke out around pinball, darts, arcade or the golden tee people.... Seems like its always the pool table people.

2 weeks later
    #819 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Definitely not just you. Barcades (or bars for that matter) are going to have some interesting times figuring what the new normal is.

They announced the requirement for us on monday for opening friday. The bar itself can't be used, 6 people to a table max (6ft. apart), hand santizer at the front door, arcades still have to be shut off, dancing is discouraged?, and masks aren't required but recommended. Would be difficult to open if you were a barcade with games in every nook and cranny.

2 weeks later
    #874 3 years ago

Lot of employees are staying on unemployment, rather than coming back. I know we lost about 4 out of 30ish, heard of a few places that had 90% turn over.

#877 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

A bunch of workers tried that where my wife works. It's Job abandonment. No unemployment insurance payments for several weeks. Once eligible, the $600.00/week bonus ends (maybe it gets renewed though) and they are quite behind money-wise.
    Once it was explained, all but one came back. There's one in every crowd. He insisted he was going to be able to continue getting his unemployment uninterrupted. Two weeks later he came Crawling Back whining and crying when his plan didn't pan out.

I'm not sure how strict they are with that in Texas, I know pre-covid we had 2 people that were justifiably fired ( sadly we didn't have each incident documented) and they won their case. They were working somewhere else and still getting unemployment, for the full term. Doubt they ever got in trouble for it. At any rate we reported all the names that were eligible to come back, so now its btwn. them and the Texas workforce commission.

2 weeks later
    #912 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

There is a strong suspicion that we will be last to open and first to close in Virginia. I give us 2 months before the numbers get too high and we go back into hiding. We will do our part requiring masks for entry, but we obviously can’t control the rest of the world around us. I suspect arcades in Florida, Texas, Arizona wont remain open for long unfortunately.

I don't know they are such a small part of the equation. Almost seems like they were an after thought in Texas when they reopened everything else.

2 months later
    #1082 3 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Seems the “neck gaiter” issue -MAY- not be as critical as once believed.

That's pretty much the only thing I wear. Those regular loop masks get super annoying after a while, when I'm working on stuff. Figure they all do about the same thing as far as coughing and droplets going everywhere. I've seen valve masks all over the place... not sure what to think about those.

1 month later
    #1195 3 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Derp, I knew you were a flat fee/free play location.
    I’d like some more info on your card reader creation, so please post a link here if you make a thread about it.

I'm looking into a card type system also. I asked the blizzard mountain owner about his. He said he programmed and sourced all the parts himself, which was pretty cool indeed. Seemed like a fun project, but I'd probably take a year implementing it, with everything I have going on. Finding something ready made seemed like a better idea. Would of never dawned on me to use an Arduino or raspberry pi for something like that.

The only time I've used an Arduino for pinball was to do a soft shutdown on the computer for RFM/SWE1 when the power goes out. Otherwise scores don't save, had to have a battery backup on the computer and boards. This is using pinbox on a newer gen computer, not the original.

#1197 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I do tech support for two companies. And show off their games inside and out to people looking to buy and refer them to distributors or manufacturers.
    That generally hasn't been a benefit to my business as competitors in my area get the new titles a month ahead of me, or more. So by the time I get the game. People wanting to rush out and play it or are used to playing it elsewhere. So it just becomes another pin that if someone were here they might drop money in it, the same as pins already here. They aren't coming in just to play it.
    So I've seriously been rethinking things this year.
    LTG : )

Why wouldn't you get the game ahead of the crowd since you do tech support?

#1199 3 years ago

That sucks, seems like you could at least have the benefit of getting the game earlier then the masses. Since the first few months are when it's going to get the most play usually. I hope that changes for the next CGC release, I guess it's to late for GnR since some places already have it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hocuslocus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-temporarily-closed-my-arcade-thread-?tu=hocuslocus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.