Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,550 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by NicoVolta
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f065c571-4d48-42b0-bb09-3c0eba12b3f0_e45adf5f6bc0c5c2a30a39868f44eab6 (resized).jpg
    19C29A43-E7DC-4936-A608-01E5A7E8BAC5 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7FE4CBEA-7690-41A8-B236-48E4A0FCC6B9 (resized).jpeg
    maginot (resized).jpg
    coway6 (resized).jpg
    coway5 (resized).jpg
    coway4 (resized).jpg
    coway3 (resized).jpg
    coway2 (resized).jpg
    coway1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1298 3 (resized).jpg
    Untitled 43 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1196 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1074 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#216 4 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

if all the cases of the virus are isolated to one area why close businesses that are 100s or miles away that may never have contact with the infected areas?

That's incredibly short sighted. Think about it: they have to shut down a wide radius because people roam far too easily and nonchalantly, even beyond "affected" areas.

You're over a hundred miles away from Louisville... but LAX was probably a draw to many others further than you!

My brother lives nearly 1,000 miles away but drove up last week - before the mass closings began, let me be clear - so we could work on his truck. We had travel to various stores rounding up needed supplies... we finished and he drove back yesterday. So I hope he didn't catch something while here to bring it back there. And hope he didn't bring here it with him in the first place!

Now that's just two people going about their preplanned lives keeping mostly to themselves. But Multiply ten (or hundred) thousandfold and you can be sure others come from and go to infected areas both known and unknown across even greater distances.

Last weekend we were supposed to attend a large regional archery tournament for my daughter. We would have traveled 50 miles to get there and others would have come from double and possibly even triple that distance. It was ultimately canceled of course, but I'm sure you can figure out how the ripple effects for spread would overlap. From just one tournament. For one interest. So again, multiply that across all the other sports / hobbies / professions / interests having their own events... then all those people go back home to the small hardware store, bar, church, or whatever...

#219 4 years ago

"One size has to fit" because for sake of argument, let's say that tournament did go on as planned and my brother decided to attend to support his niece since he happened to be here. Big tournament = higher than likely chance something is in the air. D'oh, he got it, but of course has no idea.

He then drives 1,000 miles back home. And goes to the small local neighborhood pub... (hey, why should that have been closed when the closest known hotspot is XYZ miles away?)

1 month later
    #733 3 years ago

Alternating day scheduling makes the most sense.

As a player I'd be livid if I was in the midst of a good game as the "scheduled hour cutoff" hit and powered off the game.

As an operator I could see having to police and allow grace periods for that on one or more games at once, would be a nightmare. Plus you'd have people itching to be first on "Game Z at 5:00" hanging too close to the neighboring active game at 4:59...

Every other day simplifies things greatly and is easy to understand. Flick on that day's power circuit once, and go.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-temporarily-closed-my-arcade-thread-?tu=goingincirclez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.