Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,550 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by NicoVolta
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f065c571-4d48-42b0-bb09-3c0eba12b3f0_e45adf5f6bc0c5c2a30a39868f44eab6 (resized).jpg
    19C29A43-E7DC-4936-A608-01E5A7E8BAC5 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7FE4CBEA-7690-41A8-B236-48E4A0FCC6B9 (resized).jpeg
    maginot (resized).jpg
    coway6 (resized).jpg
    coway5 (resized).jpg
    coway4 (resized).jpg
    coway3 (resized).jpg
    coway2 (resized).jpg
    coway1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1298 3 (resized).jpg
    Untitled 43 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1196 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1074 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fytr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#820 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

While I am no huge fan of Disney, I actually respect this. Agree that read one way you could say they absolve themselves of any responsibility (and we know they will do that wherever possible). Read another way, it’s basically saying “If you expect by crossing our entrance that we can protect you completely from catching this ... we can’t”. I plan to put something like this up, mainly to inform people of risk. Legal disclaimer/ informed consent .... it’s kinda both.

Well I'm sure Disney has similar language on their tickets for all risks while in the park, but if the rides had a 3% death rate, or even a 0.03% death rate, nobody would ride them.

Beware the invisible killer. You buys your ticket and you take your chances...

4 months later
    #1142 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I was drinking banana daiquiris (I was young and dumb), but I swear they mixed the husks or whatever in the drinks, and later I was very sick.

Yeah, it was the banana peels that made you sick.. lol.

Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

That one time I was there also ticked me off that little kids were walking in, but they carded me at the door.
    I was like what is up with that, 6 year olds are walking in here and you are going to card me?
    Yeah, it will not hurt my feelings if that place goes away.

Reminds of a time when I was like 17 and some friends and I tried to go to this family pizza place called "Moose Mequire's" where they had a restriction that anyone younger than 18 couldn't in without a parent. So here we are a group of 17 year olds being carded and turned away at the door by a 14-year old dressed in a Canadian Mountie uniform. Humiliating.

2 months later
    #1338 3 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

I can’t sell concessions in good faith right now, so I’ve been making up the difference with merch. Good merch. As a smaller museum we focus upon maxing out quality... we don’t have the floor space of huge venues.
    Hats turned out really darn good.
    [quoted image]

I'll buy one if you can find a way to ship to me in Canada for less than the cost of the hat!

3 months later
    #1448 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

I guess because they can talk to one another and if you come to public hours people must just play in silence they figure.

This does make a degree of sense, if the group all know each other it is much more likely they will all be interacting with one another in close quarters than small groups of random strangers would.

2 months later
    #1469 2 years ago

Here in Alberta (Canada) we just re-opened yesterday, 30% capacity limits, masks required, and 6ft distancing rules apply. We have 1/2 the normal number of games setup, 6ft apart. It's been 6 months since we shutdown, so really nice to see some progress.

Assuming we meet our vaccination target (70% with at least 1 shot) we should be able to fully open without restrictions sometime in July.

2 years later
    #1540 9 months ago
    Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Just to clarify, the "downtown mall" in Charlottesville is an actual street lined with historic buildings that has been closed off to vehicle traffic (as opposed to a Dawn of the Dead-style shopping mall).[quoted image]

That's a great location for casuals because they are already there with strolling/shopping/dining in mind, basically not just to stop and pick up a single item or something. Of course, if you wanted to run leagues or something regular, parking/access might be more of an issue if it's always full of tourist types.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fytr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-temporarily-closed-my-arcade-thread-?tu=fytr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.