Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,550 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by NicoVolta
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f065c571-4d48-42b0-bb09-3c0eba12b3f0_e45adf5f6bc0c5c2a30a39868f44eab6 (resized).jpg
    19C29A43-E7DC-4936-A608-01E5A7E8BAC5 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7FE4CBEA-7690-41A8-B236-48E4A0FCC6B9 (resized).jpeg
    maginot (resized).jpg
    coway6 (resized).jpg
    coway5 (resized).jpg
    coway4 (resized).jpg
    coway3 (resized).jpg
    coway2 (resized).jpg
    coway1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1298 3 (resized).jpg
    Untitled 43 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1196 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1074 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ferret.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1072 3 years ago

Sigh. Here we go again.

Properly wearing a face mask is one facet of a multi-faceted approach for reducing the spread of diseases like Covid-19.

Many people use face masks incorrectly... as described by others here, they wear the mask below their nostrils or on their chin. Or even if someone is wearing a mask properly part of the time, perhaps they go to a club in close proximity to tons of people for a few hours, then carelessly remove the mask to have a snack or a smoke without washing their hands. That's not gonna end well.

There is a very strong CYA tendency on the part of manufacturers of face masks, and rightfully so. Are the mask manufacturers going to say that the masks prevent Covid -- having no idea if you're wearing them properly, or washing your hands, or anything else -- and then be subject to a barrage of lawsuits when "wearers" of those masks contract the disease? Or will they disclaim all responsibility to try to avoid the problem? Ooh, I bet I know what answer they'll choose for their 25 cent masks.

Just because the mask makers are denying responsibility doesn't mean that masks aren't helpful.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ferret.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-temporarily-closed-my-arcade-thread-?tu=ferret and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.