Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,550 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by NicoVolta
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f065c571-4d48-42b0-bb09-3c0eba12b3f0_e45adf5f6bc0c5c2a30a39868f44eab6 (resized).jpg
    19C29A43-E7DC-4936-A608-01E5A7E8BAC5 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7FE4CBEA-7690-41A8-B236-48E4A0FCC6B9 (resized).jpeg
    maginot (resized).jpg
    coway6 (resized).jpg
    coway5 (resized).jpg
    coway4 (resized).jpg
    coway3 (resized).jpg
    coway2 (resized).jpg
    coway1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1298 3 (resized).jpg
    Untitled 43 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1196 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1074 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beergut666.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#242 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

And closed at 5pm sharp. I hope these measures help and they don't have to extend the March 27th 5pm reopening. Stay safe everyone !
    LTG : )

I'll be one of the first through the door when you reopen, thanks LLoyd for all you've done for the pinball community.

4 weeks later
    #477 4 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

So I have to just document my truly craptacular experience that is the Payroll Protection Program, and the SBA for that matter. Sorry, vent about to commence so look away if you must.
    First I applied for the EIDL program thru SBA.gov the moment my state opened up for that. At the time lovely words about how we can grant loans up to $2M depending on collateral for 30 years, low interest rate.
    Next try to apply for the Payroll Protection Program, Bank of America won't let me apply because I have a business account with them but not a credit card
    A day later the rules change, now I CAN apply with them, and I do so. It says be ready to submit bank statements and such
    Three days later they inform me that some documents are needed to document my payroll. Now my first year 2019 I paid via 1099 rather than W-2, but its all good, 1099 included and submit. Waiting for check.
    One day later, I'm thanked for my EIDL application by SBA, BUT if I want to be eligible to receive the one time $10K advance I NEED TO COMPLETELY REAPPLY. I do so.
    Two days later informed that I need to refill the documents out because the rules changed. 1099 no longer allowed, they have to file themselves as independent contractors. BUT they are now on my W-2 payroll, how are they supposed to do that ? I am supposed to provide as documentation my 2019 IRS form 940. Umm there isn't one. No bank statements required now though I already submitted them. So by the rules of calculating how much of a Payroll Protection Program loan I can have, we basically come up with ZERO. I wrote a letter as part of the application explaining the rather large crack we fall into, and that I am still paying my employees and have been doing so for the last 5 weeks even though we aren't open. I can guess with government bureaucracy how far thats gonna get me.
    One day later I go to check on my original EIDL application. Hmm, all mention of 30 year loans up to $2M disappeared from site. Can't even pull up original application. NOTE THIS IS A MONTH AFTER I FILED IT without them contacting me at all.
    Today start reading to figure out WTH is actually going on. Its NOT GOOD. First that lovely $10K payment, umm too many people applied, they are reducing it to $1K per employee. Second, that EIDL loan ... well funny thing, they have a total of $7.3B to fund the entire program for the entire year for all affected businesses. Forgot to fund that in the bill. Its gone because the money is gone. Possible $2M has now turned into a loan of $15K max, maybe until thats gone too. And I suppose that is if you talk to them nicely. And the allotted PPP program money. In 7 days (on a first come first serve basis mind you) half the entire $350B allocated is already gone.
    SOOOO our wonderful government who rang up a $2.2 TRILLION DEBT and patted themselves on the back, handed so little of that to small businesses that they can't handle the applications and can't even fund the damn program with enough money to do pretty much anything. 50% of people are employed by small businesses (well ... not anymore). And out of $2.2 TRILLION DEBT they gave 16% of the funding total. Because hey why not throw small businesses a bone here finally. So the companies that keeps half of you employed, the same companies that have pretty much received almost no actual dollars so far due to a completely uncoordinated incompetent response, and the same companies that are trying to madly dash for a small foodbowl with not enough food in it, got 16% of the total funding designed to help pay every employee who was affected by this (which I can guarantee you disproprotionately fell on small businesses who have no reserve ... well except if you were unfortunate enough to work for morally bankrupt Hobby Lobby or their ilk who have the money but just don't want to give any of it to you).
    This is a total joke. I mean complete and total joke. And meanwhile the markets soared last week because the stimulus package had propped the economy back up. Whose economy ? Not any economy I recognize supported by small businesses.
    RANT OFF.

How insanely frustrating, unfortunately it's not shocking that things are shaking out this way for the little guys out there busting their asses every day. Small business that treat their employees like family and contribute to their local economy are once again going to get screwed in favor of huge corporations, the wealthy, and the grifters.

1 week later
    #622 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

They closed & removed it. At this point there isn't much else to talk about in the world of pinball (or the world itself), so they may as well shut down the forum if they don't want to moderate Covid chat.

That thread has been active again for two days.

#678 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I remember when pool halls were more popular around here 25-30 years ago. My dad and I would go, and I was pretty young...maybe 12-13. Any given place may have 10-15 tables or so. The first couple times you went, you got put on one of the ratted out tables in the front, and if you proved you were not a bunch of hacks, the next time you got put on the nicer tables in the back with new felt. Sadly, I do not think there is a pool hall left around here. They turned into drama factories with gangs eventually ruined it.

I managed bars for a good portion of my life, and pool tables were a constant source of unwanted trouble in every bar that had one. Worst offense was when a guy drove his car through the wall because of an argument over a pool game.

1 month later
    #873 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I can reopen SS Billiards next week Wednesday June 10th with precautions most of which are already in place.
    LTG : )

Excellent! Things were getting desperate here and I was about to start looking at buying a Dialed In. I'm gonna come play yours instead!!!

#876 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

A bunch of workers tried that where my wife works. It's Job abandonment. No unemployment insurance payments for several weeks. Once eligible, the $600.00/week bonus ends (maybe it gets renewed though) and they are quite behind money-wise.
    Once it was explained, all but one came back. There's one in every crowd. He insisted he was going to be able to continue getting his unemployment uninterrupted. Two weeks later he came Crawling Back whining and crying when his plan didn't pan out.

We are dealing with this here with all of the bars and restaurants opening back up. Bar owners and managers are calling their employees back to work and they are refusing to come back. I'm telling them to make a schedule and send it to the employees, any one who doesn't show up is terminated, bye bye free money. We've had enough permanent closures of businesses around here (some not directly covid related) that there are going to be plenty of opportunities for those who actually do want to work.

5 months later
    #1315 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

But there's no reason the government can't say, "Customers can't go into Walmart. If you need something, order curbside, just like you have to do with a restaurant." But they won't.

Grocery stores are struggling with accommodating the amount of curbside service as it is. There is no way they could ever move to a 100% curbside pick up model in a such a short amount of time. This sucks for bars/restaurants/entertainment venues, but let's be realistic here.

4 weeks later
    #1360 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Looks like extended me ( SS Billiards ) to January 11th before I can reopen.
    LTG

I would love for someone in this state to explain to me why a gym can be open on Saturday and you can't.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beergut666.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-temporarily-closed-my-arcade-thread-?tu=beergut666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.