Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,550 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by NicoVolta
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f065c571-4d48-42b0-bb09-3c0eba12b3f0_e45adf5f6bc0c5c2a30a39868f44eab6 (resized).jpg
    19C29A43-E7DC-4936-A608-01E5A7E8BAC5 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7FE4CBEA-7690-41A8-B236-48E4A0FCC6B9 (resized).jpeg
    maginot (resized).jpg
    coway6 (resized).jpg
    coway5 (resized).jpg
    coway4 (resized).jpg
    coway3 (resized).jpg
    coway2 (resized).jpg
    coway1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1298 3 (resized).jpg
    Untitled 43 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1196 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1074 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StoneyCreek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1379 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

I just posted the below on my page. I truly am happy that our performing arts and indie theaters may have a lifeline to stay open. But yeah, sour grapes here that we get boxed out of any of this relief funding. I think this once again proves the coinop industry just has terrible lobbying. While there ARE a few arcade venues that are listed as museums and even have non-profit status ( I was hoping Roanoke Pinball Museum might at least qualify), it would seem there is a tack on here that as part of being a museum you have to have a theater attached to show a video on I don't know what. Again fantastic news for many but can't help but feel somewhat deflated at the end of the year that we remain kicked to the curb again.
    "There is a bit of good news to end the year. As you know your concerts, live venues, independent movie theaters, performing arts, museums, comedy clubs have all been severely hurting as they have been mostly shut down over the last year and struggling for survival. There is now $15B to help them out (targeted to small businesses less than 500 employees) with up to 6 months of lost income. It is great the arts community has been given a lifeline here, and many of these venues were on the brink of bankruptcy.
    I would love to tell you that it includes other entertainment venues like arcades (where we are unfortunately 90% down in income year over year right now) .... but sadly it does not. My standard comment to people is that the only worse business to be in right now than running an arcade is running a movie theater. I am officially revising that list ... arcades now win as the worst business to be in in a pandemic.
    However, this isn't a pity party and we are open this weekend, still committed to being the safest indoor space you will find in town. Come on by if you are looking for some family fun activity to engage in a safe way and help keep us limping along until the vaccine becomes more widely available and everyone feels more safe coming back. Here's to 2021 being a much better year than 2020 was."
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2020/12/21/covid-19-relief-bill-how-save-our-stages-act-help-concert-venues/3989056001/
    https://variety.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Save-Our-Stages-Bill.pdf

Can you tell me the name of your arcade in Charlottesville? I visit friends there from time to time and will definitely make time to come by and support as best I can. thanks and good luck.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StoneyCreek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-temporarily-closed-my-arcade-thread-?tu=StoneyCreek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.