Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,550 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by NicoVolta
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f065c571-4d48-42b0-bb09-3c0eba12b3f0_e45adf5f6bc0c5c2a30a39868f44eab6 (resized).jpg
    19C29A43-E7DC-4936-A608-01E5A7E8BAC5 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7FE4CBEA-7690-41A8-B236-48E4A0FCC6B9 (resized).jpeg
    maginot (resized).jpg
    coway6 (resized).jpg
    coway5 (resized).jpg
    coway4 (resized).jpg
    coway3 (resized).jpg
    coway2 (resized).jpg
    coway1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1298 3 (resized).jpg
    Untitled 43 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1196 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1074 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 31.
    #351 4 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Ok there is something really weird going on with the universe. I searched everywhere, the entire web, even going back years to see how often these popped up on Pinside or anywhere else for that matter (EBay). Unobtanium. Literally within 10 minutes of this post this is listed on eBay for $20. It’s mine now.

Too bad you didn't wish for something bigger/better/expensiver for cheaper. Or winning lottery numbers.

LTG : )

#352 4 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

There are several go fund me efforts in several cities including mine to donate for furloughed restaurant workers. Trying to do what I can to support local businesses that are doing whatever they can to stay alive for a while

That's all we can do. This is going to be painful so support people how you can.

#353 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Too bad you didn't wish for something bigger/better/expensiver for cheaper. Or winning lottery numbers.

Yeah really ! I’d drive down to the local grocery store for a lottery ticket but with reciprocity being what it is end up with coronavirus instead

#354 4 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

I'm glad you know the motivations of everyone whom rules over you. For me, I believe a lot of people want exactly what is going on.. a complete shutdown of the economy. The bankers needed it because the banks failed over the last week (as evidenced by the over-prescribed discount window activity) and the never-trumpers see it as an attack vector (as evidenced by the attacks when the incoming flights from China were banned and constant focus on the COVID-19 test fairy's absence).
    Now this isn't a political post. It's a response to naivety.

You need help.

#355 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballNewb:

You need help.

dude 100% has a tin hat and lives in a caravan at yellow stone! I called it first lol

#356 4 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

dude 100% has a tin hat and lives in a caravan at yellow stone! I called it first lol

Nah, lives under a bridge, or in the middle/under a Medieval Playfield.
    So obvious that all he tries to do is incite people, should be banned.

#357 4 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

While I’ve played lots of games on my Stern Monopoly, I can’t remember the last time I partook in real Monopoly with my kids. Different world for sure.[quoted image]

We opened up a 2003 NIB KISS-OPOLY yesterday. It was awesome.

16A18B50-72C3-49EE-9EB8-4DD536F12692 (resized).jpeg16A18B50-72C3-49EE-9EB8-4DD536F12692 (resized).jpeg2732A0C2-5903-43F3-B790-7AE8B572AA43 (resized).jpeg2732A0C2-5903-43F3-B790-7AE8B572AA43 (resized).jpeg7076F73B-E98E-417E-9107-748D69F47549 (resized).jpeg7076F73B-E98E-417E-9107-748D69F47549 (resized).jpeg73170253-EABF-4D7B-BFA2-E92BCCE9F49A (resized).jpeg73170253-EABF-4D7B-BFA2-E92BCCE9F49A (resized).jpegA5EEE31F-296B-4A75-A3C2-33EC9F5157BE (resized).jpegA5EEE31F-296B-4A75-A3C2-33EC9F5157BE (resized).jpeg
    #358 4 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

When you know it ain’t your day, your week, or your month of the year. Just got out the Hyperball plunger. Yeech ! Well time to move onto another project for now. Think this is unobtanium.[quoted image]

From what I remember of a recent conversation with a long time distributor, he said those Hyperball plungers wouldn't last more than two weeks of constant use on location before they needed replacement. Add that issue to the loudness factor and Hyperball games weren't at too many places very long.

#359 4 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

We opened up a 2003 NIB KISS-OPOLY yesterday. It was awesome.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Totally cool but not entirely appropriate for my 10 yo !

#360 4 years ago
    Quoted from BrianBannon:

From what I remember of a recent conversation with a long time distributor, he said those Hyperball plungers wouldn't last more than two weeks of constant use on location before they needed replacement. Add that issue to the loudness factor and Hyperball games weren't at too many places very long.

Gonna have to see if we can modify in some manner to make it last longer. I like what Ed Cheung did here
    http://www.edcheung.com/album/album07/Pinball/hyperball.htm

#361 4 years ago

Our little arcade, closed down and very dark... Hoping we can get back on track soon....

Arcade-Kiddie Rides-2020-03-24-12-03-49 (resized).jpgArcade-Kiddie Rides-2020-03-24-12-03-49 (resized).jpg
    #362 4 years ago
    Quoted from GGBGROUP:

Our little arcade, closed down and very dark... Hoping we can get back on track soon....[quoted image]

At least spiderman Is enjoying himself

#363 4 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

We opened up a 2003 NIB KISS-OPOLY yesterday. It was awesome.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love how they have KISS Meets the Phantom as the lowest level property on the board!

#364 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Love how they have KISS Meets the Phantom as the lowest level property on the board!

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    #365 4 years ago

Soooo looking at Facebook last night with nothing better to do. What do I see but Arcade Monsters in Florida streaming many people playing in their arcade. Several responses were of the WTF variety. Same ol same ol: states that all the grocery stores can be open so they can too, and trotting out statistics on the flu as a justification for whatever perceived bad behavior. Used to respect those guys and what they did. Not anymore.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/24/trump-again-downplays-coronavirus-by-comparing-it-seasonal-flu-its-not-fair-comparison/

“ But if you simply want to get things back to normal by Easter, you might take some solace in the fact that so many more people die of the flu each year than have died of the novel coronavirus so far. You might just convince yourself that, hey, we go through infections like this all the time.
If you’re inclined toward that line of argument, you might notice something else about Trump’s tweet from March 9 in which he compared the coronavirus to the flu. Since then, the number of coronavirus deaths is 27 times bigger. The number of confirmed cases is 85 times as large.
In the past 15 days.”

#366 4 years ago

I am really especially scared for all of my American friends.

#367 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

I am really especially scared for all of my American friends.

Don't be, we'll be just fine.

#368 4 years ago

Don't worry, Corona sniffles or not, America is turning back on come Easter.

#369 4 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

America is turning back on come Easter.

There have been hints of Easter in Minnesota.

Effectively screwing me. Not killing me. Yet.

#370 4 years ago

I just had a guest in my arcade. Didn't get much coin drop though.

#371 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Don't be, we'll be just fine.

I really hope so, with all my heart. But I have worry.

#372 4 years ago

The governor of Minnesota increased the shut down to May 1st at 5pm.

So I've now reached the point of this sucks.

LTG : (

#373 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I just had a guest in my arcade. Didn't get much coin drop though.

I'm overdue for a visit. I don't have anyone sick at home and I won't bring Thuc lol

#374 4 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

Don't worry, Corona sniffles or not, America is turning back on come Easter.

#Fakenews

#375 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I want to buy an SS Billiards membership.

#376 4 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I want to buy an SS Billiards membership.

Standard or Official ?

I'm running a special right now.

#377 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Standard or Official ?
    I'm running a special right now.

I’m in for the Official, VIP, Champagne room membership. Only because you have good looking girls named Prada hanging around

#378 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blenderhead:

I'm overdue for a visit. I don't have anyone sick at home and I won't bring Thuc lol

Bring your brother, but you can leave the dog at home.

#379 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

This is starting to turn into some real BS. I know there is a virus going around and all and we need to be safe but there is a another side to this token...err quarter....that can't be ignored.

I just saw the announcement on the 5:00 news with a "stay at home" between 3-27 to 4-10 I'm guessing this is outside of the "social distancing" that keeps businesses in these crappy situation?

I was planning to get some of my games arranged in the house for proper power distribution so they could all be played at once and do some get togethers this summer but maybe do something a little sooner to help out some of our local businesses and operators to see pinball through the tough times. But then again we can't socialize.....this really stinks!

#380 4 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

This is starting to turn into some real BS. I know there is a virus going around and all and we need to be safe but there is a another side to this token...err quarter....that can't be ignored.
    I just saw the announcement on the 5:00 news with a "stay at home" between 3-27 to 4-10 I'm guessing this is outside of the "social distancing" that keeps businesses in these crappy situation?
    I was planning to get some of my games arranged in the house for proper power distribution so they could all be played at once and do some get togethers this summer but maybe do something a little sooner to help out some of our local businesses and operators to see pinball through the tough times. But then again we can't socialize.....this really stinks!

The whole point of it all is to stay away from people. If people aren't doing that, it's just going to prolong it.

#381 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

The whole point of it all is to stay away from people. If people aren't doing that, it's just going to prolong it.

.......and that's why it stinks we can't do the things we would otherwise prefer to do.

#382 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Aren't you eligible for any of the government handouts they are working up?

#383 4 years ago

Sad news is, this will be around for a while. I'm thinking end of April at best.

#384 4 years ago
    Quoted from jj44114:

Sad news is, this will be around for a while. I'm thinking end of April at best.

Highly optimistic. Mid April should be when we see shit hitting the fan because more than 1/2 the US didn't heed any kind of shutdown. The CEO of our massive global company said he doesn't expect people to start trickling back in the office till June at best.

#385 4 years ago

When you think you are being overburdened with being shut down read this, it might change your mind that we are overreacting

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/25/nyregion/nyc-coronavirus-hospitals.html

In several hours on Tuesday, Dr. Ashley Bray performed chest compressions at Elmhurst Hospital Center on a woman in her 80s, a man in his 60s and a 38-year-old who reminded the doctor of her fiancé. All had tested positive for the coronavirus and had gone into cardiac arrest. All eventually died.

A refrigerated truck has been stationed outside to hold the bodies of the dead.

With ventilators in short supply, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the city’s largest systems, has begun using one machine to help multiple patients at a time, a virtually unheard-of move, a spokeswoman said.

This isn’t China, this isn’t Italy, this isn’t Iran. It’s here in the US, right now

#386 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Aren't you eligible for any of the government handouts they are working up?

Might be. And a month or two, or later, after the fact.

I'm contemplating the here and right now.

#387 4 years ago

I wish you the best LTG.

#388 4 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

All had tested positive for the coronavirus and had gone into cardiac arrest. All eventually died.

No good solutions. Do you want millions to die sooner than they otherwise would or tens of millions living in poverty for the next generation or two?

#389 4 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

No good solutions. Do you want millions to die sooner than they otherwise would or tens of millions living in poverty for the next generation or two?

This coming from someone named Ye”Old”PinPlayer...

#390 4 years ago

Hopefully NY will have some good news regarding the meds sent there and administered supposedly Tues.

#391 4 years ago

The brewery where I have my pins on location is take out only now. Having pins on route was a great side job and I loved to see people enjoy them. The staff enjoy playing them, so they are getting some use. I may bring one home to play- my wife really wants Stranger Things

#392 4 years ago

is this parody?

#393 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

my wife really wants Stranger Things

Well. She did marry you.

#394 4 years ago

No good solutions.

It's a crap situation anyway you look at it. Listened to that speech the Governor of NY had yesterday, his proposed solution made a lot of sense. Regardless it's not going to happen till they are able to test people for the antibodies and the hospitals are able to keep up.

#395 4 years ago
    Quoted from hocuslocus:

It's a crap situation anyway you look at it. Listened to that speech the Governor of NY had yesterday, his proposed solution made a lot of sense. Regardless it's not going to happen till they are able to test people for the antibodies and the hospitals are able to keep up.

I've been wondering about this as I have not heard much. Any idea why they haven't figured out a test for antibodies yet?

#396 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Any idea why they haven't figured out a test for antibodies yet?

They are on it.

They need to make sure this test would be as close to 100% accurate as possible with what they have in mind.

#397 4 years ago

My hope is with quick & plentiful testing we can get our arms around this thing and at least not have people walking around infecting others, and get this to a level with can live with.

#398 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I've been wondering about this as I have not heard much. Any idea why they haven't figured out a test for antibodies yet?

They are working on it. From what I have heard an antibody test is about to roll out.

This virus is almost perfectly designed to kill 2-5% of the world's population. The estimates are that 30-40% of the people who have it never develop any symptoms. They just spread it. The next group (maybe half of the people with symptoms) only have very mild symptoms... things that they can power through. About 15% get incredibly sick and need hospitalization (compared to 1% for the flu). This overwhelms the hospitals and patients that would normally live end up dying (not just the virus... but heart attack, stroke, and cancer patients too). It is like the ultimate game of Russian Roulette... it just happens to have 1 bullet in one of its 30 chambers.

I say that to say this... an antibody test would be very helpful to find out the % of people who were symptomless.

#399 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

The whole situation sucks!
    Wishing you the best LTG

#400 4 years ago

Wishing you all the best in the USA but don’t count on a quick fix to this or a quick turnaround to normal life.
    There is no reason to believe the virus will act any differently at your side of the pond then it has over here in Europe and if so, I am afraid you have yet to experience the full effect of this.
    For everyone running their own business I hope you will find a way to stay afloat until you can see your business thrive again.

There are 1,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-temporarily-closed-my-arcade-thread-/page/8?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.