Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,550 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by NicoVolta
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f065c571-4d48-42b0-bb09-3c0eba12b3f0_e45adf5f6bc0c5c2a30a39868f44eab6 (resized).jpg
    19C29A43-E7DC-4936-A608-01E5A7E8BAC5 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7FE4CBEA-7690-41A8-B236-48E4A0FCC6B9 (resized).jpeg
    maginot (resized).jpg
    coway6 (resized).jpg
    coway5 (resized).jpg
    coway4 (resized).jpg
    coway3 (resized).jpg
    coway2 (resized).jpg
    coway1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1298 3 (resized).jpg
    Untitled 43 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1196 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1074 (resized).jpg

There are 1,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 31.
    #901 3 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

With the uptick in California the last few days, It’s not looking good that I’ll be able to visit my favorite barcades anytime soon. I’m guessing our governor is going to shut things down again.

I sincerely hope that they can just enforce the mask requirements strongly instead. All evidence points to masks being a big help, and if everyone wore them inside, it helps the infection problem AND the economic problem, by allowing more business to resume. All of my locations that are preparing to reopen are taking every proper precaution, and another shutdown is just going to hurt them more instead of the no-mask crowd causing the problem. People that refuse the masks are still going to go into essential stores without them, they're still going to use public transport without them, and they're still going to meet up with others at their houses without them, shutdown or not.

#902 3 years ago

N.H.P. is finally able to open on Saturday.

Must adhere to: 25% capacity, masks, sanitizing, yada, yada, yada.

Wish me luck!

#903 3 years ago
    Quoted from VanishingVision:

I sincerely hope that they can just enforce the mask requirements strongly instead. All evidence points to masks being a big help, and if everyone wore them inside, it helps the infection problem AND the economic problem, by allowing more business to resume. All of my locations that are preparing to reopen are taking every proper precaution, and another shutdown is just going to hurt them more instead of the no-mask crowd causing the problem. People that refuse the masks are still going to go into essential stores without them, they're still going to use public transport without them, and they're still going to meet up with others at their houses without them, shutdown or not.

The problem is that I see so many people not wearing a mask and not social distancing. People are under the impression that California is following guidelines, but the reality is that there is a large section of the California population that believe wearing a mask is an affront to their freedoms. They are not going to listen to our liberal Governor and may even feel the need to spite him.

All it would take to get most of these people to wear a mask and follow recommended guidelines would be for just 1 person to come out and say “wear a damn mask”. But sadly, that person refuses to say that or set a good example. Somehow that would be a sign of weakness. I just don’t see get it.

#904 3 years ago

There is a strong suspicion that we will be last to open and first to close in Virginia. I give us 2 months before the numbers get too high and we go back into hiding. We will do our part requiring masks for entry, but we obviously can’t control the rest of the world around us. I suspect arcades in Florida, Texas, Arizona wont remain open for long unfortunately.

#905 3 years ago
    Quoted from crazypinballguy:

N.H.P. is finally able to open on Saturday.
    Must adhere to: 25% capacity, masks, sanitizing, yada, yada, yada.
    Wish me luck!

Good luck!

On the bright side, if you figure out how to stay afloat at 25% capacity imagine what you can to do when these shit guidelines are lifted!

#906 3 years ago

Bars are closing in Texas today!
    Dana

#907 3 years ago
    Quoted from Propsnsports:

Bars are closing in Texas today!
    Dana

And bars in Florida are not allowed to sell “for here” drinks. We saw the allowance of to go drinks with to go food orders in AZ, so I’m guessing they had something similar.

#908 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

There is a strong suspicion that we will be last to open and first to close in Virginia. I give us 2 months before the numbers get too high and we go back into hiding. We will do our part requiring masks for entry, but we obviously can’t control the rest of the world around us. I suspect arcades in Florida, Texas, Arizona wont remain open for long unfortunately.

The AZ gov made it so cities and counties could make and enforce their own mask rules. Tucson and Pima county both made them required in public. My location before and after this was night and day. Went from almost nobody but staff wearing them to basically everyone unless they were eating, which is allowed to be that way.

I’m going to go to my location today and do my regular cleaning and collection. I expect everyone is going to have masks. I have a feeling we might get a few weeks like this before any more action is taken. If masks help drop the numbers, things can stay open and masks will stay mandatory. If masks don’t help the numbers after 2-3 weeks I would expect for things to close down again and we start from scratch.

If that happens I’m bringing a few of my modern games home to enjoy.

#909 3 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

And bars in Florida are not allowed to sell “for here” drinks. We saw the allowance of to go drinks with to go food orders in AZ, so I’m guessing they had something similar.

I bike from my house to the beach once a week for exercise, and the one thing that I’ve noticed about the to go drink policy was a complete relaxation of the open container laws. It has brought a party environment to the strand.

#910 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

I’m having the same suspicions. :/

Nevertheless, the safeguards continue. Today... smoke checks from every standing location. Auxiliary fans will be deployed to break up any dead air spots.

B70A3597-6C02-46F5-BE2C-5C1A3EB79794 (resized).jpegB70A3597-6C02-46F5-BE2C-5C1A3EB79794 (resized).jpeg

#911 3 years ago

One of these no-touch thermometers might be useful to keep out the possibly infected. Anyone plan on using these at the door?

A5D91BE5-0785-4A67-812F-5333749E3A9E (resized).jpegA5D91BE5-0785-4A67-812F-5333749E3A9E (resized).jpeg
    #912 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

I don't know they are such a small part of the equation. Almost seems like they were an after thought in Texas when they reopened everything else.

#913 3 years ago

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/27/us/michigan-coronavirus-bar-harpers/index.html

85 cases linked to one establishment ! This should be scary for any bar or barcade owner. It also doesn’t sound as if this was some renegade bar. I mean they can now bring in all the air purifiers they want but that bars name is mud from now on. That is truly my fear, some breakout traced back to the arcade. If that happens might as well shutter for good.

I do think well meaning establishments are really NOT receiving good guidance on how to maintain social gatherings but limit infections. Sorry, a disinfecting wipe before the start of the shift and a bottle of hand sanitizer at the door ain’t gonna do it.

I do wish there could be more recognition that 1) clear dead air and 2) masks up - hand out special masks with beer straws in them if you need to - 3) hand sanitizer on entry (just in case), are all key to preventing infections, mostly the first two. It’s not foolproof but it is at least mitigating the risk.

The lack of guidance here to business owners about best practices is just appalling. Another example of the free for all our country’s effort has become. You can 6 foot social distance all you want. No masks and dead air space will happily grind you 6 foot efforts into mincemeat and if bad enough get your business on the news - and here the old adage that “there is no such thing as bad publicity”?definitely ain’t true.

#914 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/27/us/michigan-coronavirus-bar-harpers/index.html
    85 cases linked to one establishment ! This should be scary for any bar or barcade owner. It also doesn’t sound as if this was some renegade bar. I mean they can now bring in all the air purifiers they want but that bars name is mud from now on. That is truly my fear, some breakout traced back to the arcade. If that happens might as well shutter for good.
    I do think well meaning establishments are really NOT receiving good guidance on how to maintain social gatherings but limit infections. Sorry, a disinfecting wipe before the start of the shift and a bottle of hand sanitizer at the door ain’t gonna do it.
    I do wish there could be more recognition that 1) clear dead air and 2) masks up - hand out special masks with beer straws in them if you need to - 3) hand sanitizer on entry (just in case), are all key to preventing infections, mostly the first two. It’s not foolproof but it is at least mitigating the risk.
    The lack of guidance here to business owners about best practices is just appalling. Another example of the free for all our country’s effort has become. You can 6 foot social distance all you want. No masks and dead air space will happily grind you 6 foot efforts into mincemeat and if bad enough get your business on the news - and here the old adage that “there is no such thing as bad publicity”?definitely ain’t true.

This place is not to far from me. It was definitely the talk of the bars as I did my rounds. The problem is that people are slobs. I see them every day walking around with their masks improperly installed if they even bother to wear one. This is employees and general public at all stores. Michigan was hit very hard early on. When our bars and restaurants opened about 3 weeks ago, I was concerned of a big boost in cases. After 10 days it was minimal and there was hope, in my mind, that maybe we are benefiting from herd immunity. This bar situation was a slap of reality. We need people to suck it up and wear masks, social distance, avoid each other, and quit bitching its uncomfortable.

#915 3 years ago

The awful truth: It is better to be in a space with no masks and fresh airflow than wearing masks with no airflow.

People may be wearing masks incorrectly, but they can't control the air flowing around them and out the window.

I sound like a broken record, but for f**k's sake, not enough guidance is being provided to our people or business entities... and we're really paying for it.

Let's beat this. Like, lift a finger and seriously crush this crap. We have to do it.

#916 3 years ago

Put wheels on the machines and wheel them into the parking lot, ain’t gonna get air fresher then that!

#917 3 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

Put wheels on the machines and wheel them into the parking lot, ain’t gonna get air fresher then that!

We considered it. The market square is just outside our front door.

But... sunlight, rain, birds, stuff, eh. Desperate times, desperate ideas.

#918 3 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

The awful truth: It is better to be in a space with no masks and fresh airflow than wearing masks with no airflow.
    People may be wearing masks incorrectly, but they can't control the air flowing around them and out the window.
    I sound like a broken record, but for f**k's sake, not enough guidance is being provided to our people or business entities... and we're really paying for it.
    Let's beat this. Like, lift a finger and seriously crush this crap. We have to do it.

But where the problem starts is people coming into a store or bar/restuarant with a mask on to get in the door, then pulling it off and leaving it off. None of these places are equipped to police the customers. If they do confront someone for not wearing a mask, they get attacked verbally and sometimes physically. As a business owner you can't put your staff in that position.
    Normally I wouldn't care, but it's not like a seat belt. If you dont wear a seat belt and get in a wreck, you are the only one getting hurt. If people don't step up and do what's right for the greater good, we will not get past this anytime soon.

#919 3 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Not sure I totally agree with this. If Covid could be defeated with a fan that would have been simple. My (guess only!) is that a fan may actually make the situation Worse. Say someone sneezed or coughed, that localized spray would for the most part settle in that 6 foot zone. Add a fan you you are basically Insuring that mist covers a Huge area of transfer as your smoke test has shown. A mask is the best possible protection consumers can do for themselves! No matter what they get on their hands or other as long as they keep it away from their face odds are they will stay fairly safe.

#920 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure I totally agree with this. If Covid could be defeated with a fan that would have been simple. My (guess only!) is that a fan may actually make the situation Worse. Say someone sneezed or coughed, that localized spray would for the most part settle in that 6 foot zone. Add a fan you you are basically Insuring that mist covers a Huge area of transfer as your smoke test has shown. A mask is the best possible protection consumers can do for themselves! No matter what they get on their hands or other as long as they keep it away from their face odds are they will stay fairly safe.

This is what they are preaching here in michigan. The mask dosen't protect you, it protects people around you. If I am sick and dont know it, wearing a mask cuts down my chance of spraying droplets from 6 ft to maybe a foot.

#921 3 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

This is what they are preaching here in michigan. The mask dosen't protect you, it protects people around you. If I am sick and dont know it, wearing a mask cuts down my chance of spraying droplets from 6 ft to maybe a foot.

Agreed. It sucks to wear a mask No question but it is honestly the only low cost thing you can ask (or provide) your visitors to protect your staff and others. UV lights do Nothing, blowing it around (in my opinion) simply distributes the contamination to Many more areas to clean or infect. SO can't wait for a cure for this as life won't be getting easier. Totally feel for you guys/gals doing all you can to keep Some form of business going.

#922 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

blowing it around (in my opinion) simply distributes the contamination

Distributing it over a larger area will also lower the density. So you would have to touch more surface to get the same viral load.

I’ve seen no data on NicoVolta ’s approach but I’m with him on the general idea.

#923 3 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Distributing it over a larger area will also lower the density. So you would have to touch more surface to get the same viral load.
    I’ve seen no data on nicovolta ’s approach but I’m with him on the general idea.

Unfortunately we are talking about Micro particles so it’s not like you need a direct splash in the face to get infected. Best to let them settle in a smaller local space then circulate them around the room ensuring they hit everyone.

#924 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Unfortunately we are talking about Micro particles so it’s not like you need a direct splash in the face to get infected. Best to let them settle in a smaller local space then circulate them around the room ensuring they hit everyone.

True, but only if the air is recirculated air.

Also, amount of viral exposure matters too. Sitting next to someone who sneezes is worse if the air isn't moving around very much.

Worst case would be following an infected person into a plastic booth or queue where the air has been trapped. A lot of businesses are building these stagnant air chambers without knowing what's really going on.

I have a six-fan, three baffle, one-way airflow vacuum from inside to outside. Each corner of the room has one installed. Supplementary fans break up air pockets to keep everything moving along. Basically, there is nowhere for the air to pool up and redistribute... and when it does move... it's getting blown outside.

Combine that with masks, and it'll be about as safe as an indoor space can be, short of some as-yet unknown high-capacity UV/filtration/virus-destroying system.

#925 3 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

True, but only if the air is recirculated air.
    Also, amount of viral exposure matters too. Sitting next to someone who sneezes is worse if the air isn't moving around very much.
    Worst case would be following an infected person into a plastic booth or queue where the air has been trapped. A lot of businesses are building these stagnant air chambers without knowing what's really going on.
    I have a six-fan, three baffle, one-way airflow vacuum from inside to outside. Each corner of the room has one installed. Supplementary fans break up air pockets to keep everything moving along. Basically, there is nowhere for the air to pool up and redistribute... and when it does move... it's getting blown outside.
    Combine that with masks, and it'll be about as safe as an indoor space can be, short of some as-yet unknown high-capacity UV/filtration/virus-destroying system.

It’s one thing to cough in your 6 foot space or plastic barrier area as you say, it’s a different thing to have a fan Drawing that infectious air Across every patron from that point to the air exit. If someone sneezes‘coughs in the center of a 50 foot bar they contaminate roughly that 6 foot area. Drawing it to the end of the bar with high velocity fans ensures Everyone shares that air. Kind of like the smoke test you used. If that was a fragrance incense burning or cigarette at 100 feet you would never know it. Draw All that air across the building and Everyone will breath/smell it. (Think, throwing a balloon in the air) If somehow you had these intakes across the entire ceiling drawing Up them possibly it would help as nothing and nobody would be in its transfer path.

#926 3 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

There’s a couple other issues with this.
    Direct sunlight on pinball machines is going to cause them to heat up like a convection oven under the glass. You would warp and/or melt ramps and other plastics.
    With arcade games it’s really hard to see CRT monitors outside in daylight.
    Although either of these might work ok after the sun goes down, it would not work during daylight hours very well.
    You would need some kind of covering like a pop up tent etc.

#928 3 years ago

From everything I’ve heard the experts say, Nico’s approach is the way to go. Circulate the air and the virus dissipates quickly. It takes a certain amount of virus to take hold in a person. That comes with prolonged contact in an enclosed system. Of course, their advice could change as more evidence comes in, but that is the current recommendation.

#929 3 years ago

Yes, an even more ideal solution would be individual air ducts above every patron. Which is not logistically possible within any business I can think of.

Have you seen the videos depicting how quickly a cough distributes microparticles within a room (or an airplane cabin)? The cloud does not remain within a neat little six-foot area. It gets churned up very quickly with people walking by, drafts, the cough/sneeze itself, etc.

The problem remains a problem: Infected people spread particles.

True, blowing those particles around makes them spread more quickly, but at a much lower concentration rate due to dispersal. If they're heading for an exit path, all the better. This is a good thing. Likely the difference between one person catching it vs. an entire roomful.

Here is a fun (if complicated) tool provided for free by our tax money: FaTIMA (Fate and Transport of Indoor Microbiological Aerosols)

https://pages.nist.gov/CONTAM-apps/webapps/FaTIMA/

A preliminary run of our space combined with the airflow plan looks pretty darn good. 4800 CFM exhaust = 288,000 cubic feet per hour. Divided by 36,000 total cubic volume represents 8x total room air exchanges per hour.

Official building code only requires businesses to maintain one air exchange per hour. New Covid guidelines are recommending three. Right now, ours is nearly three times that new recommendation.

As such, over 92% of particles go out the door during a typical two hour visit with one constant source and one intermittent burst source. Not bad.

fate (resized).pngfate (resized).png

Your point about sideways airflow isn't falling upon deaf ears. I'll adjust the auxiliary fans toward the ceiling and then across/down to the exit baffles. This should add even more safety. Of course, we'll verify it.

#930 3 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

With the uptick in California the last few days, It’s not looking good that I’ll be able to visit my favorite barcades anytime soon. I’m guessing our governor is going to shut things down again.

Governor Gavin Newsom just ordered all bars in Los Angeles county to shut down again today.

#931 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

It’s one thing to cough in your 6 foot space or plastic barrier area as you say, it’s a different thing to have a fan Drawing that infectious air Across every patron from that point to the air exit. If someone sneezes‘coughs in the center of a 50 foot bar they contaminate roughly that 6 foot area. Drawing it to the end of the bar with high velocity fans ensures Everyone shares that air. Kind of like the smoke test you used. If that was a fragrance incense burning or cigarette at 100 feet you would never know it. Draw All that air across the building and Everyone will breath/smell it. (Think, throwing a balloon in the air) If somehow you had these intakes across the entire ceiling drawing Up them possibly it would help as nothing and nobody would be in its transfer path.

That's just not how it works, from multiple epidemiologists I've heard/read speak on the subject. It's not like spraypaint mist where if it touches you for an instant, you're marked. You don't draw every single molecule into your lungs the first time you inhale. Catching any coronavirus is based on its air concentration and your exposure duration. A constant new supply of moving air reduces both of these. Everything I've heard leads me to believe Nic is on the right track.

Edit: sorry, I see I'm not the first response to this. Not trying to pile on you. Everyone's on the same team here.

#933 3 years ago

*claps*

Cheers to innovating for safety! Now if only we could get bars and restaurants to implement something like that...

#934 3 years ago

Awesome job getting some free publicity for your innovation. Remind people that you’re open and at the same time makes the case for why it’s safe(r) to visit.

#935 3 years ago

Massachusetts arcades are part of phase 4. Phase 4 is when a treatment or vaccine is available. Coin op will be dead in this state. Very sad news.

#936 3 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Massachusetts arcades are part of phase 4. Phase 4 is when a treatment or vaccine is available. Coin op will be dead in this state. Very sad news.

Long term, it may mean they are able to come back once a vaccine is here.

I sadly see most places slowly bleeding out with all the start, then stop, then restart, then atop again.

Not just pinball, but the face of the small business landscape will be forever changed.

If I was running a small business or restaurant right now, and able to stop the bleed by closing down permanently then that would likely be my choice. I think it would better prepare me for possible restart down the road.

The uncertainty and likely perpetual oscillation between phases will kill most

#937 3 years ago

Way to go Decades Arcade. Very active approach to resolving the danger. Never heard of your arcade before now, but would become a regular visitor if I lived in VA. Maybe consider adding two more elements to your process. 1) add sink near front desk and require everyone entering (and paying entry fee) to wash their hands under supervision. 2) add touchless temperature check of everyone during the hand washing. Nobody wants to have to do extra effort but all the things you have done to date are to protect customers. The customers have a responsibility upon entering to protect others from themselves. If they don’t want to adhere to the rules, then they can leave in a huff and peel out in the parking lot.

#938 3 years ago

Another shooting at the Galleria Mall in Birmingham. This time an 8 year old boy was killed. I hope our league location can survive this. BumperNets is a great family place in a good part of town. I can't understand why there have been 3 shootings in the mall in roughly 2 years.

#939 3 years ago

Well I am sad to report that weekend #1 of being open has been an abject disaster. Down 95% despite two news stories, advertising on Facebook. Taken proactive measures I’ve just reduced our prices back to levels we haven’t had since we first opened a couple of years ago and will see if that spurs anything. Even if we filled every spot at that price we would break even at best. Short of that if I keep bleeding cash 3 months from now with no end in site we will cash out now rather than dig in and endure even more debt for the foreseeable future. This was a hobby and when a hobby turns into a stress factory I’m out. I have more productive ways to make money in life in an enjoyable than stress inducing manner. I did this for the community (haven’t ever made a dime and that was never the point), but the community has sent the message back that they don’t need us anymore. That fine and I understand. But all the same driving to Walmart and Lowe’s and seeing the mass of humanity, much of it without facemasks or distancing of any sort, one has to wonder at what rationale is being applied here

#940 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Well I am sad to report that weekend #1 of being open has been an abject disaster. Down 95% despite two news stories, advertising on Facebook. Taken proactive measures I’ve just reduced our prices back to levels we haven’t had since we first opened a couple of years ago and will see if that spurs anything. Even if we filled every spot at that price we would break even at best. Short of that if I keep bleeding cash 3 months from now with no end in site we will cash out now rather than dig in and endure even more debt for the foreseeable future. This was a hobby and when a hobby turns into a stress factory I’m out. I have more productive ways to make money in life in an enjoyable than stress inducing manner. I did this for the community (haven’t ever made a dime and that was never the point), but the community has sent the message back that they don’t need us anymore. That fine and I understand. But all the same driving to Walmart and Lowe’s and seeing the mass of humanity, much of it without facemasks or distancing of any sort, one has to wonder at what rationale is being applied here

Dam that sucks. Do give them time though. Many have now been conditioned to Assume everything is closed. Hopefully the word will get out and the trickle will turn to a stream. Do wish you the best won't be easy no doubt.

#941 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Sorry but yelo gives bad advice on this IMHO.

If you can then I would close up and stop the bleeding as soon as possible. There is no end in sight and things are going to get much worse before the get better.

Give it another week, but make a call sooner rather than later is my suggestion.

#942 3 years ago

I stopped by Pinballz about 8 pm Friday night. There were about ten people there. Normal I would guess is about a hundred. I stopped to say hello to a couple people and left after a few minutes.

Until a low cost vaccine is available I’m staying home as much as possible.

#943 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry but yelo gives bad advice on this IMHO.
    If you can then I would close up and stop the bleeding as soon as possible. There is no end in sight and things are going to get much worse before the get better.
    Give it another week, but make a call sooner rather than later is my suggestion.

I have to second this. I’m scared to see what America will look in three years.

#944 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Close it up. Sorry this didnt work out. I was rooting for those attempting a reopening but for another 12 months or so it just doesn't seem realistic.
    Pandemics just don't go away, they take years to fizzel out.

#945 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Close it up. Sorry this didnt work out. I was rooting for those attempting a reopening but for another 12 months or so it just doesn't seem realistic.
    Pandemics just don't go away, they take years to fizzel out.

So your saying after (1) weekend and All of the work he has done to this point just give up and close?? This for certain won't be easy but to give up after All of this based on a weekend might be a bit premature.

#946 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

This is Ward, using Jeff's account. I'm sorry to read that more folks haven't come out to support the arcade, but I imagine that most people (like me) are still afraid of catching the virus. (I have a niece who's been sick with it for over 60 days now.) If it would help, I'd be willing to pay for future admissions now -- maybe buy a punch card or something? -- and use them later, after a vaccine is available, etc. I think the arcade is a wonderful resource for Charlottesville and central Virginia, and I'd hate to see it disappear. Jeff supports me on this, and I imagine many others do, too. I appreciate all the precautions that you're taking in trying to reopen, but I'm still apprehensive enough -- mainly about the other people around me who might be asymptomatic -- that I'm still reluctant to return in person yet, though I did stop by for the DPL reopen on Thursday. If reopening now is not working out financially, is there any way you could get some kind of an abatement or suspension of the rent for the time being, close temporarily, and just wait a while longer to reopen until the outbreak settles down or a vaccine makes us old pinball fans brave enough to come back? I'm sure you'll have a flood of customers once everyone feels safe, but that may be a while yet. In the meantime, I'll buy a punch ticket for future admissions if that would help. WE LOVE DECADES!!

#947 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

So your saying after (1) weekend and All of the work he has done to this point just give up and close?? This for certain won't be easy but to give up after All of this based on a weekend might be a bit premature.

Yes, and top of this, remember it's July 4th weekend. A lot of venues are normally closed due to the holiday, so I would definitely want to gauge traffic on another weekend.

#948 3 years ago

Yes, and top of this, remember it's July 4th weekend. A lot of venues are normally closed due to the holiday, so I would definitely want to gauge traffic on another weekend.

We are going to assess where this all goes on a week by week basis. It was July 4th, alot of people didn't know we were open probably. I am prepared to go another $20K in the hole this year, but if yesterday was any indication, that wasn't gonna be enough, hence the alarm. Don't care if I make money, really I don't, but taking my retirement savings to prop up a non-functional business is not a long term viable strategy. Also going to start putting up alot of project machines not at firesale prices, but good deal prices so we can cut down on storage space

#949 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

True and True.
    What I meant was the traffic to arcades and indoor fun will take 3-5 years to come back to what it was. Even a year from now most will be at 50% of foot traffic it was. If you cant survive on that, then stop the bleeding now.
    Two i know out here on west coast are currently shopping storage solutions. Open back up in a year or 2 in new locations.

#950 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

We are going to assess where this all goes on a week by week basis. It was July 4th, alot of people didn't know we were open probably. I am prepared to go another $20K in the hole this year, but if yesterday was any indication, that wasn't gonna be enough, hence the alarm.

One problem is, with being closed, and what is still going on. You have nothing to gauge it by.

For instance in my business. Super hot days or super cold days, heavy rain, or heavy snow. Drives in business or keeps it away. Well now I'm starting over fresh, years of experience doesn't come into play. My business has been all over the map. Busy days, dead days. No pattern no rhyme or reason. And I have no idea what to expect.

Best wishes to everybody in these crazy times !

LTG : )

There are 1,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-temporarily-closed-my-arcade-thread-/page/19?hl=propsnsports and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.