Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,550 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by NicoVolta
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f065c571-4d48-42b0-bb09-3c0eba12b3f0_e45adf5f6bc0c5c2a30a39868f44eab6 (resized).jpg
    19C29A43-E7DC-4936-A608-01E5A7E8BAC5 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7FE4CBEA-7690-41A8-B236-48E4A0FCC6B9 (resized).jpeg
    maginot (resized).jpg
    coway6 (resized).jpg
    coway5 (resized).jpg
    coway4 (resized).jpg
    coway3 (resized).jpg
    coway2 (resized).jpg
    coway1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1298 3 (resized).jpg
    Untitled 43 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1196 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1074 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 31.
    #451 4 years ago

Had to let 170 plus people go. This whole situation is unprecedented no doubt. Sad all around from an economic to a health approach. People don’t take this situation seriously and that’s what totally screwing us all.

#452 4 years ago

"3 Days of Darkness" may soon be upon us. This thing might be over a lot sooner than most think. Watch a few videos tagged #filmyourhospital on FB, Twitter or Instagram. You might be surprised.

#453 4 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

Had to let 170 plus people go. This whole situation is unprecedented no doubt. Sad all around from an economic to a health approach. People don’t take this situation seriously and that’s what totally screwing us all.

Damn that sucks for all of you. Im sorry.

Look at this payroll protection program. It might help. If not for your business itself, perhaps at least for 2 months more pay for your employees. The loan is forgiven if you use it to pay mostly payroll and some rent.

#454 4 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

"3 Days of Darkness" may soon be upon us. This thing might be over a lot sooner than most think. Watch a few videos tagged #filmyourhospital on FB, Twitter or Instagram. You might be surprised.

That's all fringe conspiracy people. The world doesn't need those grifters, now especially.

#455 4 years ago

The governor of Minnesota yesterday extended the stay at home and non essential businesses to May 4th.

Which wouldn't surprise me if the non essential business closures gets extended.

And the hits just keep on rolling.

LTG : )

#456 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

The governor of Minnesota yesterday extended the stay at home and non essential businesses to May 4th.
    Which wouldn't surprise me if the non essential business closures gets extended.

If the US is anything like here in the uk the realistic date on these lock downs being lifted is like June / July.

#457 4 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

If the US is anything like here in the uk the realistic date on these lock downs being lifted is like June / July.

that is my prediction

Mid June seems realistic based on current trajectory for many states, but this is a very fluid thing.

#458 4 years ago

How can any public place plan to open back up when we might not have even peaked yet? It is taking how many weeks on this upward trajectory, I would think it will take just as long if not longer on the downward side. Then it isn't even eradicated completely nor a vaccine to cure us.

#459 4 years ago

Lift to early and you will see a second peak as well

#460 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

That sucks Lloyd.
    Try to stay positive and healthy!

#461 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

#LTG just write the governor and remind him the definition of social distancing Is a pool hall! Players around the table are always 6 feet apart by design. Lol. Wish you the best my friend.

#462 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

#LTG just write the governor and remind him the definition of social distancing Is a pool hall! Players around the table are always 6 feet apart by design. Lol. Wish you the best my friend.

I'll get right on that.

Actually I've been thinking if and when I can reopen. If I'll have to limit number of people in here at a time ? Already been thinking to spread people out use every other pool table or every other pinball ?

Quoted from Yelobird:

Wish you the best my friend.

Thank you. I'd hate to end up living in your basement. Oh, wait. You remodeled that didn't you. Hmmm..., that might not be so bad.

Thank you my friend. I hope you and your loved ones stay safe. Everyone that reads this too !

#463 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

That's all fringe conspiracy people. The world doesn't need those grifters, now especially.

3 Days of Darkness

THE PROXIMATE SIGNS

Here are the proximate signs in their probable order of occurrence:

Flouting of church laws, irreverence and immodesty in church, fall in attendance at church. (These trends were observed in the 1950's, before the true Church was criminally usurped at the Oct 26, 1958 papal conclave.-ED)
    Lack of charity towards others, heartlessness, indifference, divisions, contentions, godlessness, pride in human knowledge.
    Breakdown of family life: immorality, adultery, perversion of youth via the media (e.g. homosexuals giving lectures in schools), immodest fashions, people concerned only with eating, drinking, dancing and other pleasures.
    Civil commotions, contempt for authority, downfall of governments, confusion in high places, corruption, coups d'etat, civil war, revolution. (The first four proximate signs have already come to pass, at least partly; for we are yet to see civil war and revolution in the West. But the sequence of events is not strictly chronological; there is room for some overlapping. Thus, the 5th proximate sign seems to have begun also.)
    Floods and droughts, crop failures, unusual weather, tornadoes, earthquakes, tidal waves, famines, epidemics, unknown diseases (e.g. new strains of viruses).

#464 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

3 Days of Darkness
    THE PROXIMATE SIGNS
    Flouting of church laws, irreverence and immodesty in church, fall in attendance at church. (These trends were observed in the 1950's, before the true Church was criminally usurped at the Oct 26, 1958 papal conclave.-ED)
    Lack of charity towards others, heartlessness, indifference, divisions, contentions, godlessness, pride in human knowledge.
    Breakdown of family life: immorality, adultery, perversion of youth via the media (e.g. homosexuals giving lectures in schools), immodest fashions, people concerned only with eating, drinking, dancing and other pleasures.
    Civil commotions, contempt for authority, downfall of governments, confusion in high places, corruption, coups d'etat, civil war, revolution. (The first four proximate signs have already come to pass, at least partly; for we are yet to see civil war and revolution in the West. But the sequence of events is not strictly chronological; there is room for some overlapping. Thus, the 5th proximate sign seems to have begun also.)
    Floods and droughts, crop failures, unusual weather, tornadoes, earthquakes, tidal waves, famines, epidemics, unknown diseases (e.g. new strains of viruses).

Why? Just why...

#465 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Why? Just why...

it kinda freaked me out a little......

#466 4 years ago

im not a huge company, just a small mom and pop, with our Indoor Nerf Arena, but we are losing out on about 4k a week. not to mention covering all the rents for the renters in our apartments. i dont know how much longer i can go on with this thing

#467 4 years ago

3 Days of Darkness

It’s nonsense in the same vein that every astrologer puts out. Vague enough they’ll claim hits on stuff that’s close and say the other stuff hasn’t happened yet but it will. Just need a few more sessions and it will become clear.

Look up unfalsifiable proposition.

The time to believe something is AFTER sufficient evidence is presented. Every grifter in the world tries to convince their marks otherwise.

#468 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beaumistim:

im not a huge company, just a small mom and pop, with our Indoor Nerf Arena, but we are losing out on about 4k a week. not to mention covering all the rents for the renters in our apartments. i dont know how much longer i can go on with this thing

Sorry to hear and really hope you make it through. I am a bit curious what an indoor Nerf arena is sounds cool!

#469 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

I am a bit curious what an indoor Nerf arena is

https://www.nerfedshawnee.com/#/

They are on Facebook too. More pictures there. Looks like fun.

75380367_2631560163593472_8614841536846233600_o (resized).jpg75380367_2631560163593472_8614841536846233600_o (resized).jpg
    #470 4 years ago

#471 4 years ago

3 Days of Darkness
    THE PROXIMATE SIGNS

Much of all that reminds me of my first divorce...

#472 4 years ago

or

Quoted from DadofTwins:How can any public place plan to open back up when we might not have even peaked yet? It is taking how many weeks on this upward trajectory, I would think it will take just as long if not longer on the downward side. Then it isn't even eradicated completely nor a vaccine to cure us.

Has a vaccine been developed for the Human Immunodeficiency Virus? Has it been eradicated? We seem to be getting along without testing everybody. It's been what, forty years that it's been popular?

#473 4 years ago

So I have to just document my truly craptacular experience that is the Payroll Protection Program, and the SBA for that matter. Sorry, vent about to commence so look away if you must.

First I applied for the EIDL program thru SBA.gov the moment my state opened up for that. At the time lovely words about how we can grant loans up to $2M depending on collateral for 30 years, low interest rate.

Next try to apply for the Payroll Protection Program, Bank of America won't let me apply because I have a business account with them but not a credit card

A day later the rules change, now I CAN apply with them, and I do so. It says be ready to submit bank statements and such

Three days later they inform me that some documents are needed to document my payroll. Now my first year 2019 I paid via 1099 rather than W-2, but its all good, 1099 included and submit. Waiting for check.

One day later, I'm thanked for my EIDL application by SBA, BUT if I want to be eligible to receive the one time $10K advance I NEED TO COMPLETELY REAPPLY. I do so.

Two days later informed that I need to refill the documents out because the rules changed. 1099 no longer allowed, they have to file themselves as independent contractors. BUT they are now on my W-2 payroll, how are they supposed to do that ? I am supposed to provide as documentation my 2019 IRS form 940. Umm there isn't one. No bank statements required now though I already submitted them. So by the rules of calculating how much of a Payroll Protection Program loan I can have, we basically come up with ZERO. I wrote a letter as part of the application explaining the rather large crack we fall into, and that I am still paying my employees and have been doing so for the last 5 weeks even though we aren't open. I can guess with government bureaucracy how far thats gonna get me.

One day later I go to check on my original EIDL application. Hmm, all mention of 30 year loans up to $2M disappeared from site. Can't even pull up original application. NOTE THIS IS A MONTH AFTER I FILED IT without them contacting me at all.

Today start reading to figure out WTH is actually going on. Its NOT GOOD. First that lovely $10K payment, umm too many people applied, they are reducing it to $1K per employee. Second, that EIDL loan ... well funny thing, they have a total of $7.3B to fund the entire program for the entire year for all affected businesses. Forgot to fund that in the bill. Its gone because the money is gone. Possible $2M has now turned into a loan of $15K max, maybe until thats gone too. And I suppose that is if you talk to them nicely. And the allotted PPP program money. In 7 days (on a first come first serve basis mind you) half the entire $350B allocated is already gone.

SOOOO our wonderful government who rang up a $2.2 TRILLION DEBT and patted themselves on the back, handed so little of that to small businesses that they can't handle the applications and can't even fund the damn program with enough money to do pretty much anything. 50% of people are employed by small businesses (well ... not anymore). And out of $2.2 TRILLION DEBT they gave 16% of the funding total. Because hey why not throw small businesses a bone here finally. So the companies that keeps half of you employed, the same companies that have pretty much received almost no actual dollars so far due to a completely uncoordinated incompetent response, and the same companies that are trying to madly dash for a small foodbowl with not enough food in it, got 16% of the total funding designed to help pay every employee who was affected by this (which I can guarantee you disproprotionately fell on small businesses who have no reserve ... well except if you were unfortunate enough to work for morally bankrupt Hobby Lobby or their ilk who have the money but just don't want to give any of it to you).

This is a total joke. I mean complete and total joke. And meanwhile the markets soared last week because the stimulus package had propped the economy back up. Whose economy ? Not any economy I recognize supported by small businesses.

RANT OFF.

#474 4 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

So I have to just document my truly craptacular experience that is the Payroll Protection Program, and the SBA for that matter. Sorry, vent about to commence so look away if you must.
    First I applied for the EIDL program thru SBA.gov the moment my state opened up for that. At the time lovely words about how we can grant loans up to $2M depending on collateral for 30 years, low interest rate.
    Next try to apply for the Payroll Protection Program, Bank of America won't let me apply because I have a business account with them but not a credit card
    A day later the rules change, now I CAN apply with them, and I do so. It says be ready to submit bank statements and such
    Three days later they inform me that some documents are needed to document my payroll. Now my first year 2019 I paid via 1099 rather than W-2, but its all good, 1099 included and submit. Waiting for check.
    One day later, I'm thanked for my EIDL application by SBA, BUT if I want to be eligible to receive the one time $10K advance I NEED TO COMPLETELY REAPPLY. I do so.
    Two days later informed that I need to refill the documents out because the rules changed. 1099 no longer allowed, they have to file themselves as independent contractors. BUT they are now on my W-2 payroll, how are they supposed to do that ? I am supposed to provide as documentation my 2019 IRS form 940. Umm there isn't one. No bank statements required now though I already submitted them. So by the rules of calculating how much of a Payroll Protection Program loan I can have, we basically come up with ZERO. I wrote a letter as part of the application explaining the rather large crack we fall into, and that I am still paying my employees and have been doing so for the last 5 weeks even though we aren't open. I can guess with government bureaucracy how far thats gonna get me.
    One day later I go to check on my original EIDL application. Hmm, all mention of 30 year loans up to $2M disappeared from site. Can't even pull up original application. NOTE THIS IS A MONTH AFTER I FILED IT without them contacting me at all.
    Today start reading to figure out WTH is actually going on. Its NOT GOOD. First that lovely $10K payment, umm too many people applied, they are reducing it to $1K per employee. Second, that EIDL loan ... well funny thing, they have a total of $7.3B to fund the entire program for the entire year for all affected businesses. Forgot to fund that in the bill. Its gone because the money is gone. Possible $2M has now turned into a loan of $15K max, maybe until thats gone too. And I suppose that is if you talk to them nicely. And the allotted PPP program money. In 7 days (on a first come first serve basis mind you) half the entire $350B allocated is already gone.
    SOOOO our wonderful government who rang up a $2.2 TRILLION DEBT and patted themselves on the back, handed so little of that to small businesses that they can't handle the applications and can't even fund the damn program with enough money to do pretty much anything. 50% of people are employed by small businesses (well ... not anymore). And out of $2.2 TRILLION DEBT they gave 16% of the funding total. Because hey why not throw small businesses a bone here finally. So the companies that keeps half of you employed, the same companies that have pretty much received almost no actual dollars so far due to a completely uncoordinated incompetent response, and the same companies that are trying to madly dash for a small foodbowl with not enough food in it, got 16% of the total funding designed to help pay every employee who was affected by this (which I can guarantee you disproprotionately fell on small businesses who have no reserve ... well except if you were unfortunate enough to work for morally bankrupt Hobby Lobby or their ilk who have the money but just don't want to give any of it to you).
    This is a total joke. I mean complete and total joke. And meanwhile the markets soared last week because the stimulus package had propped the economy back up. Whose economy ? Not any economy I recognize supported by small businesses.
    RANT OFF.

Sorry to hear about your wasted time and money. Countless people have asked me if I applied. I'm a owner operator. Only employee, been doing it since 95. I knew from my experience with the affordable home act that it would be a joke. I had to sell my house because Bank of America. I applied with them to defer my payments back in 2009. After I was denied BoA then sends me a bill for close to 15k for meeting with their lawyers. Their lawyers were the company they hired to talk to customers and help them organize the paper work.

#475 4 years ago

Just checking in to this thread. I've got a small arcade in Huntsville, AL at a brewery. Three pool tables, 26 pins, a few video games. As soon as the brewery taproom went to to-go orders only I shut down. However, I'm lucky in that I just run this as a side gig as a tax write off. No employees, no rent, no utilities, no debt. If the brewery survives I survive. If they don't, I'll just build a big garage in the driveway and move the pins there and dump a few pool tables cheap. I feel bad for operators that actually depend on the income from the locations. Y'all are in a tough spot. Best of luck.

#476 4 years ago

I did the EIDL the day it was available. FAIL. Opted for the $10K EIDL loan to get me through paying bills. Application was submitted properly but I've not even received an acknowledgement from the SBA, not a single dollar in almost a month. And you don't create an 'account' as part of the application to see your application or the status of the processing steps. I'm not sure how else to get money back into the hands of small businesses, but the SBA organization/technology was definitely not prepared to have this rolled-out. No answer on phone lines and emails have also gone unanswered. Suggestion - when you get to the last screen saying your application has been submitted, at least take a screen shot. Debating whether to leave it alone at this point or try another application.

Been closed 4 weeks now with this weekend being week 5. For some reason, I don't even want to go there to work on any of the machines that need some maintenance.

#477 4 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

RANT OFF.

How insanely frustrating, unfortunately it's not shocking that things are shaking out this way for the little guys out there busting their asses every day. Small business that treat their employees like family and contribute to their local economy are once again going to get screwed in favor of huge corporations, the wealthy, and the grifters.

#478 4 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

RANT OFF.

I completely agree. These SBA loans have been an EPIC failure. They have changed the guidelines, qualifications, and eligibility multiple times. It is to the point now where you have absolutely no idea what the program is supposed to cover. My accountants have offered a service to their clients to aid in the appication, but that costs a flat fee of $1000 and my company may only be eligible for $2000.

So to your other point... as a country we issued $2.2 trillion dollars in debt, and with the exception of some *one time* stimulus checks most of us will struggle to get any assistance. On the other hand, a large portion of that money is being handed out to corporations *without and oversight* So that is the reason the stock market is soaring.... it is just another free money grab.

#479 4 years ago

SBA loans are a complete cluster right now. I have 7 different companies, employ over 300 people across those companies and only applied for SBA on two of them. Nothing from the SBA after applying about a month ago.

PPP, what we actually need rather than the EIDL. We use US Bank for one company and Chase for another company. Both of these banks do not have the application for multi owner businesses set up for us to apply yet. We keep being strung along that the applications will be available soon all while the earmarked funding for this program is drying up. Some banks are completely denying writing these loans because of the low interest rate while other bigger banks continue to drag their feet. Its amazing the bailout they got in 2008 was pretty large but when their customers need help securing the funding in 2020 they are turning down the business because the interest rate is too low for them to expose themselves to the risks of their customers. That being said we are not the customer they are referring to, we have been in business since 1963 and carry no debt however they are continuing to not take multi-owner applications yet. Super frustrating considering we have yet to lay off one employee in the main company we are seeking the PPP for. I can only carry a full payroll for so long with people at home not working.

#480 4 years ago

We keep being strung along that the applications will be available soon all while the earmarked funding for this program is drying up.

This simple sentence summarizes my entire experience lately. Hurry up and jump through hoops just to be told the system isn’t set up yet for my particular situation. So I wait patiently/anxiously, hoping the system is still there when it is my turn.

#481 4 years ago
    Quoted from JRBBRJ:

This simple sentence summarizes my entire experience lately. Hurry up and jump through hoops just to be told the system isn’t set up yet for my particular situation. So I wait patiently/anxiously, hoping the system is still there when it is my turn.

Then they tell you to reapply

#482 4 years ago

We had everything submitted, have been patient but now that funding is drying up we are just left with no answers and no funding. We have kept up a 500k a month payroll for almost as long as we can not including other expenses based on trying to care for our employees but we can only do that for so long before we need to aggressively protect our company. Its amazing that for some people this has been a successful cash grab and while for others we are struggling to keep people fed and in their homes. Hopefully they can get the second round of funding approved, politics aside.

#483 4 years ago

You know I am a strong proponent of not providing government handouts. Wrong economic incentives. And there is a little the pot calling the kettle black here because I have benefited from them.

But this time is different. This is the one time you truly need a government to step in and provide money when nobody else can. It’s why we all pay our taxes. In many European countries payroll is guaranteed by the government in times of crisis. Not here. Sure we will come up with some system of dribs and drabs that makes it look like we are doing something. But it’s disorganized, it’s hit or miss, it’s a cash grab not payroll protection at all. The money will mostly go to those who lobby the best. Boeing stands to get a $60B bailout. Are they deserving of some money. Yes, they are a large large employer. Are they deserving of $60B ? On a relative basis absolutely not. We do not do things by relative need or meritocracy here. We do it by who can bark the loudest and has the best paid lobbyists. That may be something, but it sure ain’t democracy.

#484 4 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

You know I am a strong proponent of not providing government handouts. Wrong economic incentives. And there is a little the pot calling the kettle black here because I have benefited from them.
    But this time is different. This is the one time you truly need a government to step in and provide money when nobody else can. It’s why we all pay our taxes. In many European countries payroll is guaranteed by the government in times of crisis. Not here. Sure we will come up with some system of dribs and drabs that makes it look like we are doing something. But it’s disorganized, it’s hit or miss, it’s a cash grab not payroll protection at all. The money will mostly go to those who lobby the best. Boeing stands to get a $60B bailout. Are they deserving of some money. Yes, they are a large large employer. Are they deserving of $60B ? On a relative basis absolutely not. We do not do things by relative need or meritocracy here. We do it by who can bark the loudest and has the best paid lobbyists. That may be something, but it sure ain’t democracy.

I couldn’t agree more.

#485 4 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Boeing single handily moves our GDP and their employment direct and indirect would change our economy.

#486 4 years ago

Boeing single handily moves our GDP and their employment direct and indirect would change our economy.

I don’t dispute any of that. Boeing falls into the too big to fail category. The question more appropriately put is whether the effect on the aggregate of small businesses out there due to under funding the entire SBA loan program would have as big an effect as Boeing on the overall economy. I believe it would. Question in my mind is not really did Boeing get too much. The question is why did the rest of small businesses in the US get so little on a relative basis. You lose a million small businesses as the fallout from this because they depleted their bank account, the butterfly effect from that cascade is likely to gigantic and long lasting.

#487 4 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

I don’t dispute any of that. Boeing falls into the too big to fail category. The question more appropriately put is whether the effect on the aggregate of small businesses out there due to under funding the entire SBA loan program would have as big an effect as Boeing on the overall economy. I believe it would. Question in my mind is not really did Boeing get too much. The question is why did the rest of small businesses in the US get so little on a relative basis. You lose a million small businesses as the fallout from this because they depleted their bank account, the butterfly effect from that cascade is likely to gigantic and long lasting.

Agree. Small businesses are the backbone of our economy. The only issue I have with the stimulus package are the stimulus checks individuals are receiving. Continue to fund business to keep employees on the books even if they are sitting at home is a much better approach in my opinion. Keep individuals employed through regular paychecks and provide the "relief" to those people who were contributing to our economy/society prior to this mess. Unemployment at record lows, if you didn't have a job, you generally didn't want one prior to this. Why provide a stimulus check to people who were not even in the workforce prior to this. Reward those who work for what they have and they will continue to do so. Reward those for sitting at home and they will continue to do so.

Additionally banks that are dragging their feet on this process should be punished. This is insane that businesses do not have access to this package.

#488 4 years ago

Same story here. Applied for SBA, nothing. Trying to apply for PPP with big bank and strung along, big fail. All other small banks in area only taking apps from existing customers. Moving to small bank after stuff gets back to normal. Not approved for any grants through state. Big frustrating fail overall.

#489 4 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

My accountants have offered a service to their clients to aid in the appication, but that costs a flat fee of $1000 and my company may only be eligible for $2000.

Your accountants want 1k to fill out a form that takes 15 minutes to fill out on-line? Hmmmm.......4k per hour at that rate. Makes my $700 per month gross salary look a little.......gross.

#490 4 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

I completely agree. These SBA loans have been an EPIC failure.

Agreed. Tried tonight to get unemployment as an independent contractor in PA since I'm under a stay at home order. Federal stimulus plan provided $$. It took over a week till I could even apply as the system isn't set up for non W2 workers. JOKE. I spent 45 minutes answering questions as to my employer is (contractor, the customer), their address, my supervisor (Me), phone numbers, where I work (changes daily), dates of employment (I did 40+ different jobs last year), email and addresses of my employers (again 40+ people last year, form allowed 1).

Plus I've been stuck at home now for 3weeks, I'm eligible (maybe) 2 weeks from now with no back benefits.

3 biggest lies:

Checks in the mail
    I won't cum in your mouth
    I'm with the government and I'm here to help.

#491 4 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

My accountants have offered a service to their clients to aid in the appication, but that costs a flat fee of $1000 and my company may only be eligible for $2000.

This is horse shit. Get new accountants after this is over. This service is supposed to be 100% free to the applicant.

#493 4 years ago

Well at least the vaccination/health certificate/return to work/travel document programs will be administered much better. Welcome to your new personal/private/public partnership. BTW, has anyone realized they are signing financial agreements with 'undisclosed' terms?

#494 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chrizg:

Applied for SBA, nothing. Trying to apply for PPP with big bank and strung along, big fail. All other small banks in area only taking apps from existing customers. Moving to small bank after stuff gets back to normal. Not approved for any grants through state. Big frustrating fail overall.

Let your politicians know. The banks will be telling them everything is fine. Feedback from the people they work for has value.

#495 4 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Let your politicians know. The banks will be telling them everything is fine. Feedback from the people they work for has value.

Already wrote both my congressman (a small business owner himself) and one of my senators.

#496 4 years ago

Just wanted to give this thread an update. So US Bank just now took my PPP application since I am applying for a multi owner business they were behind. Total cluster on this application as the bank and payroll company are defining things differently. The application is in so hopefully we get a response. That being said rumor has it that the funding will dry up this week. I have also heard that an additional 250B will be pushed through but our wonderful politicians are fighting over some of the terms. I'll continue to update here as I believe this impacts a lot of us.

#497 4 years ago

Apparently the funds have dried up. How convenient the day that my bank starts accepting applications for multi owner businesses.

#498 4 years ago

Apparently the funds have dried up. How convenient the day that my bank starts accepting applications for multi owner businesses.

That sounds like my luck too. Sorry to hear.

Some of this is becoming reminiscent of CARS (Car Allowance Rebate System) "cash for clunkers" and we all know how that ended up.

Hopefully they learned their lesson from that....or not. We will see what happens.

#499 4 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Agreed. Tried tonight to get unemployment as an independent contractor in PA since I'm under a stay at home order. Federal stimulus plan provided $$. It took over a week till I could even apply as the system isn't set up for non W2 workers. JOKE. I spent 45 minutes answering questions as to my employer is (contractor, the customer), their address, my supervisor (Me), phone numbers, where I work (changes daily), dates of employment (I did 40+ different jobs last year), email and addresses of my employers (again 40+ people last year, form allowed 1).
    Plus I've been stuck at home now for 3weeks, I'm eligible (maybe) 2 weeks from now with no back benefits.
    3 biggest lies:
    Checks in the mail
    I won't cum in your mouth
    I'm with the government and I'm here to help.

CA's Unemployment Application for Independent Contractors won't be ready until the 28th. A month into the program.

#500 4 years ago

PPP related article. The point they are trying to make is that the application success rate very much depended on where you live. My main take away was that no matter where you are the reject rate was too high.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2020-sba-paycheck-protection-program/

There are 1,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-temporarily-closed-my-arcade-thread-/page/10?hl=nysbadmk8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.