Taxi_292.jpg
Taxi_291.jpg
Taxi_289.jpg
Taxi_288.jpg
Taxi_287.jpg
Taxi_286.jpg
Taxi_285.jpg
Taxi_284.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HighSpeed1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#94 9 years ago

If you're doing new ramps, don't forget to ask Curly about this little missing decal. I'm great-full to him for making some after I inquired about it.

IMG_1796.JPGIMG_1796.JPG
2 weeks later
#110 9 years ago

Pinrestore is great, but if you are looking for a larger sheet, BAA has them...

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=FLP

2 weeks later
#121 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

So I"m having a few issues with the coil wrappers. Three of the wrappers are yellow and the replacements at PPS are green and blue.
Before anyone instructs me to make my own, I can but choose not to . PPS's wrappers are made of a waxed paper that is close to original.
Rick is working on this .
My question is this . Did theychange the color system at Williams in the late 80's?

If you can reach Rick, I had the same issue with my Taxi, and called him, he just made the correct color for the coils I needed based on what my game already had in them, and made them part of the coil wrapper kit I bought from him.

1 month later
#144 9 years ago

Mine is folded at the moment, but if I remember there was a piece of sticky foam on the underside of the ramp to prevent damage to the ramp because the natural clearances were 0...

#146 9 years ago

I think you are correct on the support, I have playfield swap to do with the Pinball Inc ramps too, I'll be crossing this bridge soon...

3 months later
#188 9 years ago

I'm just curious about your technique, as I have both a Taxi, and Jokerz, and am debating re-doing the cabinets. Both games have the artwork applied directly on the cabinet in non decal form. Since you are probably doing decals as replacements, did you paint the entire exterior in yellow to keep a uniform and even surface? As opposed to simply spraying yellow along the outer edges like a halo, then clear the entire side for surface uniformity and replacement decal adhesion?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HighSpeed1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-tale-of-two-taxis?tu=HighSpeed1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.