Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180623_101805 (resized).jpg
20180623_101744 (resized).jpg
IMG_7075 (resized).JPG
IMG_7073 (resized).JPG
IMG_7076 (resized).JPG

#1 5 years ago

Ive wanted a jukebox for my shop for a while now, and over the last two weeks, I have managed to pick up two of them... Now I have to decide what to do with them...

Jukebox one: A Rowe CD100B.
IMG_7076 (resized).JPGIMG_7076 (resized).JPG
This was a Craigslist find. It popped up for $250 here locally a few weeks ago, and when I went to look at it, it was not working. It appeared to be complete so I talked the guy down to $150. I have determined it has a bad CD player (a cdm3) and the amp was blow. $40 worth of transistors brought the amp back to life, but if I want to put a working CD player in it, it will run me at least another $200. Cosmetically it is in ok condition. The only real issue is the writing on the plate over the display is messed up.

Jukebox two: A Rowe CD100C.
IMG_7073 (resized).JPGIMG_7073 (resized).JPG
This machine I picked up at auction last week. I got it for $250 after the buyers premium. Mechanically, the machine works pretty well. It has a functional CDM4 player in it, a working dollar bill acceptor, and a good amp. The only issue with this one are cosmetic. The worst of which is the fact that one corner is pretty messed up. The body of the box also has a lot more chips and scratches in it than the 'b' box. This would not be an issue for me but I hope someday to move it into the house, and the wife is not liking the condition of this machine.
IMG_7075 (resized).JPGIMG_7075 (resized).JPG

So what to do? My goal is to have one nice looking jukebox. I am not sure I can take the side off the C box to repair it, and the damage is too great for bondo. I think I could transfer the working CDM4 into the the B box, but then I would loose the working dollar bill acceptor, which I think if I went to sell it would be very helpful.

#2 5 years ago

I have a few old Philco radios with tube amps in them. They look awesome. None of them work currently but I do plan to rebuild them. I'll redo the tube an preamp section along with updated speakers. I'm then going to add bluetooth to them and make it even more useful. I started of with one and within a month had 5. I get the excitement.

20180623_101744 (resized).jpg20180623_101744 (resized).jpg20180623_101805 (resized).jpg20180623_101805 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-tale-of-two-jukeboxes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.