(Topic ID: 223342)

The Tag Team Pinball Club! Ohhhh Yeeeahhhh!

By RandomTask

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by dextrose42
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2023-07-09_22-26-57 (resized).png
PXL_20230709_234144026 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230709_234153485 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230710_000409409 (resized).jpg
Tag Team (resized).jpg
IMG_20210429_1207247 (resized).jpg
20200828_201843 (resized).jpg
MY TAG-TEAM (resized).JPG
raw-tag-team-champions-the-revival-def-aleister-black-ricochet-via-count-out (resized).jpg
2018-10-12_09h16_20 (resized).png
three_balls (resized).png
2018-10-12_09h13_44 (resized).png
DSC00579 (resized).JPG
DSC00472 (resized).JPG
20180807_214409 (resized).jpg
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Hey All! I noticed there isn't a tag team pinball club! Are there any of the 1,220 left?! Here's mine!

20180807_214409 (resized).jpg20180807_214409 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2 5 years ago

Oh yeah! One of my favourite games. I brought one back from the dead about two years ago and it still has a prime spot in the lineup. It's due for a bit of work, too... some new LEDs to replace the ones from Comet that dimmed, a new left flipper switch...

#3 5 years ago

Yep! Great game.

I made custom drop targets that closely matched the font used in the backglass. Also made some custom purple instruction cards with the Tag Team text.

Gameplay vid I made a couple years ago.

DSC00472 (resized).JPGDSC00472 (resized).JPG

DSC00579 (resized).JPGDSC00579 (resized).JPG

#4 5 years ago

Does anyone have an unbroken plastic for the drop bank above TEAM? Having a hard time finding one.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from semicolin:

Does anyone have an unbroken plastic for the drop bank above TEAM? Having a hard time finding one.

I think we all know the answer to that question...

#6 5 years ago

Is it yes? I want the answer to be yes. Or "I'm making repros" - that would also be great

1 week later
#7 5 years ago

Any help out there as to this?
Ball is not being released in to shooting lane, along with the ball won’t eject from the left lower out hole. Far back left and lower right out holes work fine.
These two problems started at the same time.

Jack

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Scvanguard:

Ball is not being released in to shooting lane, along with the ball won’t eject from the left lower out hole. Far back left and lower right out holes work fine.

Grounding issue most likely; these System 80B games are notorious for it. Inside the cabinet on the side of your power supply board are a bunch of molex connectors with pins all going to the metal chassis. One of those wires isn't making a good connection and it's knocking out some of your solenoids.

If you haven't done the ground mods yet, you definitely should do them soon. Losing the wrong ground pin at the wrong time on a System 80B game can result in some pretty bad damage that is difficult to repair.

Here's more info:

1 week later
#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Scvanguard:

Jack

Hey Jack, I had a similar problem when I first picked up my Tag Team. Often the bad grounding will 'lock' the coils on and overheat them. This may melt the coil sleeve, burn them out and possibly burn out transistors on the driver board. My lower left kicker had the coil sleeve melted into the coil and my knocker bell wasn't working. I looked really close at the driver board and I could see the legs of the transistors were burnt through. I had to replace my driver board.

To prevent this in the future follow semicolin post above. I did the same thing from the same video. Completing the grounding is important on the transformer and the MPU to driver board connector (the one toddtuckey mentions in EVERY Gottlieb video, he's a saint).

#10 5 years ago

Does anyone have a scan of the play field or the insert decals?

#11 5 years ago

Hey david, thanks for the info...the strange thing is the machine worked fine late one evening...the machine was left on overnight. When I went to play it the next morning,there no sound. I lifted up the playfield, forgetting to take the balls out which rolled to the top of the playfield and one two fell to the lower cabinet. Not sure what I did but the sound came back, I put the balls back in and the problem I described started. How many balls does the game use 3 or 4 ?

Jack

#12 5 years ago

David, I have done the Todd Tuckey grounding modification. After I started having the problem

Jack

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Scvanguard:

… How many balls does the game use 3 or 4 ? Jack

three_balls (resized).pngthree_balls (resized).png
This is very clearly stated in the documentation : 2018-10-12_09h13_44 (resized).png2018-10-12_09h13_44 (resized).png

Quoted from Scvanguard:

... When I went to play it the next morning, there no sound.

As the sound board was previously working, it's not defective. So, the issue can have several source : the connection between the CPU --> DRIVER --> SOUND BOARD, or the POWER line (soundboard not powered), or the AUDIO line (the audio signal goes thru the potentiometer, and sometimes this one has bad contact).

While the TAG TEAM is a SYSTEM 80B, it still have a simple soundboard (based on 6503/6530). The board can be tested using one of the two DIP located on it : 2018-10-12_09h16_20 (resized).png2018-10-12_09h16_20 (resized).png
Try to set the DIP 1 to ON. If there is a sound, then the problem is on the connection side CPU --> DRIVER --> SOUND BOARD.
If there is no sound, then check the voltages on board, and the audio output way : connectors, potentiometer, speakers.

#14 5 years ago

Got it... 3 balls...noted. I missed that in the manual somehow. when I lifted the playfield and the balls rolled to top, one fell below and two fell to the floor, or I thought. There was already a ball or two underneath the machines, so I wasn’t clear as to how many actually fell out.
Checked the sound with the dip switches, sound came back and game plays as it should, but the ball won’t release into the shooting lane. The selonoid is good and visually looks brand new. When the ball drains, the ball does get shot up on the mini ramp, but then the second solenoid doesn’t activate. As I noted previously, the left middle capture/outhole stopped working also. This outhole will credit the proper points, but not eject the ball, it just keeps making the normal sound it makes and continues to score. I might add, the upper left and lower right capture holes work find. Aside from the balls falling when I lifted the playfield, I can’t imagine what I could’ve done for this problem to start. Puzzled

#15 5 years ago

Thjng with pinball is you have to do a bunch of things to find what isn't working.... Now that we know it's grounded correctly and the sound works again (from the help above) we can move on to the next bit of troubleshooting.

In test mode do the coils fire as they should?

Take a look at the Driver board. Do any of the transitors (little black squares with 3 legs) look burnt or broken? Could be that.

Check the edge connector at J6. Do those look ok? Making strong contact with the board?

I'm currently having an similar issue because I had to snap some MPU chips for another project which had bad IC chips.

It could also be the long black computer chips in your MPU board. Z13, Z15 etc. 7400 IC chips. They could be dead. They control switches, switches often tell coils to fire. Some switches work but some don't? If the hame doesn't push the ball into the shooter lane the game doesn't likely know to start the sound...

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Scvanguard:

David, I have done the Todd Tuckey grounding modification. After I started having the problem
Jack

I'd try it again. Perhaps you haven't tied the wires together tightly. Also, sand the transformer to make a good connection.

3 months later
#17 5 years ago

Update... I’ve done the switch test...With each push of the credit button, the display reads all switches open...however sometimes it reads switch 47 closed. According to the switch matrix number manual, there is no switch 47.
As a recap In case someone is just reading this, I have two problems that started exactly at the same time, the ball is being ejected up the ramp, but is not Being released into the shooting lane. At the same time the ball won’t eject out of the lower left outhole on the playfi, however it does register a score, but just sits there. Any help out there would be greatly appreciated

Jack

#18 5 years ago

Anyone here want to sell their Tag Team? Want to add it to my wrestling memorabilia room.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from hauntedpinballer:

Anyone here want to sell their Tag Team? Want to add it to my wrestling memorabilia room.

I would but I'm in Canada and I haven't shipped before :/

3 months later
#20 4 years ago

Hi Tag Teamers, does anyone know the part number for the EOS switch on the upper left flipper? Thanks

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Vince_Giannini:

Hi Tag Teamers, does anyone know the part number for the EOS switch on the upper left flipper? Thanks

I'm not sure what the EOS part number is, it isn't listed in my manual. But the Left Flipper Unit is MA656, Right MA657.

1 year later
#22 3 years ago

I want to join the team! Anyone looking to tag out?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-tag-team-pinball
raw-tag-team-champions-the-revival-def-aleister-black-ricochet-via-count-out (resized).jpgraw-tag-team-champions-the-revival-def-aleister-black-ricochet-via-count-out (resized).jpg
Don't let a guy in blue undies hold you back.

1 month later
#23 3 years ago

I joined the team today. It took 56 days of waiting and a nine hour drive.

MY TAG-TEAM (resized).JPGMY TAG-TEAM (resized).JPG
#24 3 years ago

Great game. Love ripping that lit spinner.

2 weeks later
#25 3 years ago

I installed new drop targets this evening with decals from Cobra Amusements.

20200828_201843 (resized).jpg20200828_201843 (resized).jpg
#26 3 years ago

Those look great! I feel like I'll never see an intact "TEAM" plastic.

#27 3 years ago

Love my tag team. That spinner is awesome.

1 week later
#28 3 years ago

Looking for a Tag Team cabinet, any condition has to be better than mine I just picked up.
Any leads on ANY 80b cabinet appreciated.

5 months later
#29 3 years ago

Hey folks! Just picked up a tag team, love it! Of course something broke immediately and the copy of the manual that came with my machine is missing the schematics to try to figure out what transistor I need to replace. Anyone ha e a copy they could PM me.

#30 3 years ago

@jonesin9999, welcome to the ring! You should have a copy of the manual and schematic that stays with the game. Order a copy from Pinball Resource or here: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/DOC1656

2 months later
#31 2 years ago

Hello, on my Tagteam, the display is separating from the display body. What should I ues to reseal?

IMG_20210429_1207247 (resized).jpgIMG_20210429_1207247 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#32 2 years ago

I'm wanting to join the club if anyone has any leads on one or has decided its time to leave.

3 months later
#33 2 years ago

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has a source for new or reproduction plastics for Tag Team?

#34 2 years ago

Not that I've found, unfortunately. If someone just did the always-busted plastic above the "TEAM" bank I'm sure they'd have lots of orders.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I'm wanting to join the club if anyone has any leads on one or has decided its time to leave.

Took some time and a lot of cold call type messaging, but I'm in the club

Tag Team (resized).jpgTag Team (resized).jpg

2 months later
#36 2 years ago

Does each o e have a bell inside the cab? Mine does but it isn't working. Looks like it is wired up correctly. Wondering if there is a setting to enable/disable it?

1 month later
#37 2 years ago

The bell rings only when you win the special.

#38 2 years ago

I hooked the bell up to the lower left lock kicker on the one my nephew bought. Kind of obnoxious but also pretty perfect for this game/theme.

1 month later
#39 2 years ago

Thought I’d say what’s up here. Now the owner (sort of) of a Gottlieb Tag-Team Pinball. Awesome game, sadly mine has died.

If anyone has time to take a look I have a thread started here for where my machine is at, and what happened with it > https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-tag-team-start-up-issues

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from Scvanguard:

Update... I’ve done the switch test...With each push of the credit button, the display reads all switches open...however sometimes it reads switch 47 closed. According to the switch matrix number manual, there is no switch 47.
As a recap In case someone is just reading this, I have two problems that started exactly at the same time, the ball is being ejected up the ramp, but is not Being released into the shooting lane. At the same time the ball won’t eject out of the lower left outhole on the playfi, however it does register a score, but just sits there. Any help out there would be greatly appreciated
Jack

Did you ever get this sorted? If so you happen to recall what the problem ended up being? Under playfield transistor?

I ask because I’m dealing with the same issue currently.

1 month later
#41 1 year ago

Was playing tonight and never really noticed If the two left drain rollovers so anything. They say last chance and alternate which one is lit. It seems they score 10,000 points no matter which you hit even if not lit. Was there more to it?

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Was playing tonight and never really noticed If the two left drain rollovers so anything. They say last chance and alternate which one is lit. It seems they score 10,000 points no matter which you hit even if not lit. Was there more to it?

If you have a ball locked, and roll over the lit last chance, the locked ball will kickout and you can keep playing.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

If you have a ball locked, and roll over the lit last chance, the locked ball will kickout and you can keep playing.

Nice, thanks

2 months later
#44 1 year ago

Finally located a NOS backglass for my Tag-Team.

Not does anyone happen to have the measurements handy? I’m measuring the top & bottom lift trim at 26” which seems off from other measurements I’m getting for 80b back glasses, but they also all seem to have variations. Bad girls and others that have a full glass (no speaker box etc…) all seem to be 25”?

Also any recommendations on top/side/lift trim?

I’m assuming also that it’s 1/8” thickness, as I think all of them are…

Thanks for any help here - would be rad to get the trim here in time for the backglass.

#45 1 year ago

Backglass appears to be 26” x 26” x 1/8”

Looks like this size was used three times by Gottlieb: Bounty Hunter, Chicago Cubs Triple Threat, and Tag Team.

Will confirm size next week for people doing searches in the future.

Added 20 months ago:

Confirming that the backglass for this game is 26” x 26” x 1/8”

Hope this comes in handy for someone down the road.

5 months later
#46 1 year ago

I have an extra Tag-Team pin manual if anyone needs...PM me.

2 months later
#47 1 year ago

Hello All, Does anyone have a spare playfield or a source for an overlay? My tag team's playfield is pretty rough and finding any replacements have been impossible.
Thanks.

3 months later
#48 9 months ago

Just got my tag team back from tech after being funny for a year or so , replaced all the caps and such, plays great now. Went ahead and shopped and LED it as well. I sometimes have a ball stuck at the upper gate , what is that gate for, it doesn't score anything, and just has a spring on it and goes both ways,

PXL_20230710_000409409 (resized).jpgPXL_20230710_000409409 (resized).jpgPXL_20230709_234153485 (resized).jpgPXL_20230709_234153485 (resized).jpgPXL_20230709_234144026 (resized).jpgPXL_20230709_234144026 (resized).jpg
#49 9 months ago

Looks nice! Great game.

#50 9 months ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Just got my tag team back from tech after being funny for a year or so , replaced all the caps and such, plays great now. Went ahead and shopped and LED it as well. I sometimes have a ball stuck at the upper gate , what is that gate for, it doesn't score anything, and just has a spring on it and goes both ways,
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That gate is suppose to score. It advances the lights infront of the lane until you hit it enough to light extra ball. If you shoot that shot quickly, it will sometime not register. It has been a long time since I worked on a Tag Team, but that spring should connect to a switch similar to a spinner leaf switch under the playfield.

Something similar to this:

2023-07-09_22-26-57 (resized).png2023-07-09_22-26-57 (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

1,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
$ 8.00
Playfield - Other
Cobra Amusements

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-tag-team-pinball-club-ohhhh-yeeeahhhh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.