3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by xTheBlackKnightx
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

count-chocula-monster-cereal-box (resized).jpg
    Popcorn-Bucket (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I am just the average collector / enthusiast and have been trying to acquire my first NIB pin...Ghost Busters Premium.

I went through an unverified self proclaimed Stern's largest distributor and paid $200 over all other distributors price because "I have it and they don't" I was told it would ship on a given day only to be told it shipped 2 days later.

Machine arrives and I head to the dock for pick up. Exterior box had a rip though I inspected where it was ripped and seemed ok. I accepted with a notation of "subject to inspection" as advised by my distributor.

Get the machine home and start unboxing and find that 3 out of the 4 corners of the machine have a blemish and the cabinet seemed to have shifted almost 1/4 of an inch.

File a claim, shipper's claim department comes to the house and agrees it was probably dropped. Originally the shipper wanted it dropped off back at the terminal of which I refused and they sent a truck for pick up.

Understanding things happen I was disappointed but was assured a new one would be shipped ASAP. I was told by my distributor that the new one would ship Monday....Monday comes and goes...no tracking number. Machines doesn't ship until Thursday.

Literally on my way on Friday to pick up the machine and I get an E-Mail..."you need to open the box at the terminal as even though the box says Ghost Busters it's probably a Spiderman and you will need to send it back" WTF?!!?!?! Seriously?

Sure enough I get to the dock open the box clearly labeled Ghost Busters and it's Spiderman!!!

Once again I am with out my machine that I paid extra to have it early, I understand the damaged in shipping happens but sending the wrong game in the wrong box??

Talking with my distributor of which I have had to initiate every call...asking for a little compensation in the way of a topper... "there is nothing I can do as everyone is on a plane headed to IAAPA in Florida but I doubt they will do anything for you, they don't care"

Well I too am headed to Florida on Monday for IAAPA and will see if Gary cares at all....stay tuned!

#2 3 years ago

Popcorn-Bucket (resized).jpg

Got my seat waiting.

#3 3 years ago

If you have pictures of a SMVE inside a Ghostbusters Prem box yeah I am sure Gary will be interested if you hand him that...

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

If you have pictures of a SMVE inside a Ghostbusters Prem box yeah I am sure Gary will be interested if you hand him that...

Yes, please take pictures and post. Saddened for your delays. Have fun in Florida.

#5 3 years ago

Wrong game in the box...that's some nice final inspection going on there.

#6 3 years ago

I'd have kept the SMVE

#7 3 years ago

Too bad it wasn't a Batman SLE.. "no issues, it was definitely a GB in there" haha

#8 3 years ago

Stuff like that happens all the time.

I bought a box of Count Chocula and it had crappy Frankenberry in it.

I threw it out to the birds.

A week latter I was at a different store, and I carefully opened the box to find the same mistake. They probably made 10,000 of them....

count-chocula-monster-cereal-box (resized).jpg

#9 3 years ago

Those birds musta got one helluva sugar buzz...

#10 3 years ago

I would keep and play sm until that gb shows up

#11 3 years ago

First, I'd say who the dist is.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

I'd have kept the SMVE

Really?

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Stuff like that happens all the time.
    I bought a box of Count Chocula and it had crappy Frankenberry in it.
    I threw it out to the birds.
    A week latter I was at a different store, and I carefully opened the box to find the same mistake. They probably made 10,000 of them....

I use to love Frankenberry. Good stuff when I was a kid.

#14 3 years ago

Gary won't care

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinaholic:

Gary won't care

Gary hears ya, gary dont care.

If I was sent a SMVE and ordered a GB pro... I'd give the smve some plays until they delivered the pro

#16 3 years ago

Who was the distro?

At least he was honest

"Stern doesnt care"

#17 3 years ago

The distributor does not put them in the box. They must have gotten word of this error occurring and headed the problem off. Neither of these issues sound like they are the distributors fault and they seem to be working on taking care of the issues.

#18 3 years ago

Sounds like a pair of accidents which are being rectified. Shit happens. You're a victim of bad luck, nothing more.

#19 3 years ago

There is a modern saying today direct from Stern:
    "Private owners are the new operators."

Sorry about the bad luck.
    It happens to everyone at some point if they stick around in the hobby long enough.

Welcome aboard.
    "Ridin' on that lucky riverboat... Ridin' on that lucky river boat... Take a chance, make a bet, try your luck, you might win yet... Ridin' on that lucky river boat! "

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    T-shirt- Grey Color Out of stock
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 263.55
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 157.00
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 89.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside