image-12.jpg
5508288_std.jpg
IMG_4047.JPG
IMG_4048.JPG
George-Costanza-Eating-Popcorn.gif
image-44.jpg
Insane.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizzardz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from aveamike:

reminds me of dealing with barry from NJ.

+1.

I'm sorta on the fence about outing behavior/sellers like this. On one-hand a seller should be able to list whatever turd they have for whatever price they want - and buyer beware. On the other hand, the number of bad experiences with sellers like this should be readily documented - if only to help newer buyers in the hobby.

Part of the problem is that the details of the seller (good or bad) may not be readily available from the potential buyers perspective. I almost bought a Fireball from barry. It was almost a side-thought to do a search for his name here - glad I did. I can see where it could be easy to get involved in a sale with someone like barry or choggard - spending time researching the machine (especially if a first) - without doing due diligence research on the seller. Too bad there isn't a seller/buyer rating.

#413 9 years ago

IBTL

Quoted from Choggard:

I've got about a 1% complaint record when it comes down to it, I'd say I am doing pretty good considering the amount of machines I've sold.

I understand that 73% of statistics are made up on the fly....but I am curious. How many machines you sell in 6 mos Choggard? Just trying to get a sense. Just with the links from this thread I count four complaints that were posted here. That would come out to you selling at least 400 games in that 6 month time-frame. At that rate, you should have a much better sense of what you're selling, how to identify parts, how to completely and correctly make repairs, etc. I'm wonder if this complaint rate is closer to 10% - 20% or more.

#423 9 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

I didn't say anything about lying or taking advantage.

The thread isn't an indictment of capitalism in pinball. Its about an amateur pinball flipper berating sellers and using questionable methods to obtain machines (with problems) and then turning around and touting himself as an expert to sell them as premium "no-worries" machines to uneducated buyers. What I see makes many here upset is his insistence that he is adding some significant value to the machines when he is only slightly more knowledgeable than the new buyers and offers nothing more than a wipe-down service to machines he likely can't properly evaluate to begin with.

#472 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

I sold the machine for around $1,850 which is a fair price for the condition of that BK2000.

Didn't the op say he purchased it for $2500? A $650 difference is not insignificant.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Peekskill, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.99
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,500 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizzardz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-story-of-my-first-pin-entitled-how-i-got-choggarded?tu=wizzardz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.