image-12.jpg
5508288_std.jpg
IMG_4047.JPG
IMG_4048.JPG
George-Costanza-Eating-Popcorn.gif
image-44.jpg
Insane.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockotaco1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#330 9 years ago

I live about 10 minutes from Choggard I think. I'm sorry but I need to say something, I've held back long enough. Choggard has never done anything to me personally, probably because I've never bought or sold to him, but this needs to be said.

For this guy to take Clay Harrel's Johnny Mnemonic for $2000 knowing full well his intentions to flip it is just a MAJOR slap in the face to the man himself and this community. I mean seriously, the balls on you dude. Do you even realize how well respected Clay is and how much good he has done for the pinball community. You probably shook his hand looked him in the eye and said take care buddy, knowing you couldn't wait to flip the game. The nerve man.

Clay posts it for $2,000 here and on CL, Cory buys it. Cory lists it on pinside for $2600 and on CL for $3,000 just TWO WEEKS later. Dude, you have entered full on douche bag mode. Do you really think that the entire Michigan pinball community is just going to let you do something like that? We're talking about a huge insult to Clay Harrel, of all people. Shame on you.

That was the last straw for me. Ive never in my entire life seen a guy get blasted on the Internet so damn hard and basically just brush it off as if it were nothing. You really are just a bottom feeder with no soul. This entire thread will go down in history as a reflection of one of the biggest pinball scumbags to ever live. Congrats man. Don't ever PM me or contact me about anything.

I live 10 minutes from this guy and I want nothing to do with him ever. Yep I contacted him about a TAF recently but that was it, and I found a nice one on my own. No need.

I couldn't just sit here and let you do that to Clay. He is the reason I love pinball and he goes out of his way constantly to help the entire community out and you actually looked at the man like fresh meat, like he's some kind of a sucker.

Straight up SCUM. Stay away from me. Shame on you.

I can't believe you still choose to post here like everything is cool too. You are beyond delusional. It's depressing to think that you live so close to me. Seriously depressing.

#333 9 years ago

I can't take it anymore. I can't sit back and not say anything when this BS keeps happening so close to home. It's very disturbing. There's more stuff I've heard about him but enough has been said. I tried to see if he turned a new leaf, but in the end it was just fake for his own benefit.

I'm not a drama type guy, I hate it, but after what he did to Clay, wow just wow. No class at all. Might as well have walked up to Clay and gave him the finger right at his museum. No difference.

#355 9 years ago

I have no reason to make anything up. I just couldn't believe that you would have the nerve to try and profit $1,000 from Clay Harrel, especially in the blatantly insulting manner in which you conduct your business. Your douchbaggery has hit an all time high. I don't think you can top this.

That was the one for me, the one that really truly made me see who you are. And now you are in this thread trying to act like hey guys it's all good right? Stunningly stubborn.

I would never even want to log on to this site again or ANY forum if people started a thread like this about me. You just act like it's another day on the Internet la dee da. Seriously, it's pretty amazing to watch how you react to every post. Just walk away man. You cannot untangle this web, it's beyond repair. You did it all to yourself too. I don't care how local you are, I'm not the kind of person to just sit there and not call someone out. I've had enough. You did this.

#416 9 years ago

Thank you Clay for clarifying how it went down. All I saw was this guy Choggard, who happens to have an amazingly bad rep, get your JM for $2k and then post it just two weeks later for $3k. I just thought that was extremely scummy to do to a person like yourself.

So, if you guys are both happy then my apologies to both of you for getting the scenario wrong. I have edited my earlier post to exclude the museum scenario. I still prefer to not do any business with Choggard, but I just saw the way the man operates and found it insulting to the entire pinball community.

#425 9 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

I didn't say anything about lying or taking advantage.
People are bitching because Choggard bought the JM for 2k and flipped it for 3k, and I find any objection to him making a profit on the machine to be pretty shocking, especially given that virtually every machine out there changes hands for more than its original selling price. Should I be looking to pay less than $2,800 for a MM? $2,500 for a CV? How about less than $1,500 for a CC?

You're missing the point. It upset me because he did his flipping routine to CLAY. Making profit from pinballs, cars/etc is fine if you are honest and put honorable effort into it, but to see him do it through Clay so fast just seemed wrong. Anyways, this is definitely not something I enjoy doing, getting involved in any drama. I am out of this thread and moving on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Titusville, FL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (OBO)
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockotaco1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-story-of-my-first-pin-entitled-how-i-got-choggarded?tu=rockotaco1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.