image-12.jpg
5508288_std.jpg
IMG_4047.JPG
IMG_4048.JPG
George-Costanza-Eating-Popcorn.gif
image-44.jpg
Insane.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drsfmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from ab3:

Nothing wrong with 'boughten', though it's a bit unusual northern dialect.

The other one I often see is "needs restored" rather than the proper English "restoration".

#222 9 years ago

NextoPin-- can you confirm or refute that the pictures Choggard sent to you are the same ones he posted?

As far as hacks... some of us play our machines, and don't obsess over every little detail. A few days ago I was working on a machine that I've had for years, and discovered a GI hack that I had never noticed before. It happens.

Edit: I was working on the machine, not playing it.

#253 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

I'd have to go through my email, I saved them all, both from his ad and from his emails to a folder. I didn't get any pictures of the boards. They appear to be the same pictures he sent. It doesn't matter much because other than the lights you can't see any of the issues in his pictures. I only noticed the GI hack when I was trying to find the short in the lamp matrix, It's behind a lot of wires, I doubt it would have shown up in a picture of the boards, if there is a picture of the boards.

So you're saying that the machine was not in the condition as pictured? You said earlier in the thread that "Playfield was filthy, not waxed". While it may not have been cleaned and waxed to your satisfaction, in looking at the pictures he posted, that's pretty clearly NOT a "filthy" playfield. So I'm asking if the pictures of the playfield he sent you do or do not match the playfield on the game you received.

#261 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

It's the same pictures with a very clean shopped playfield as I've said all along..

Stay out of this. I'm not defending you. I'm asking NextoPin a question, trying to understand if you've deceived him about the condition of the playfield or if his expectations are inflated.

#414 9 years ago

I'm totally mystified by one aspect of this thread... why anyone would object to profits.

If someone can buy something for $10, and sell it for $10,000, good for them!

#420 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Sometimes. But lying and taking advantage of people is not cool - regardless of profit.

I didn't say anything about lying or taking advantage.

People are bitching because Choggard bought the JM for 2k and flipped it for 3k, and I find any objection to him making a profit on the machine to be pretty shocking, especially given that virtually every machine out there changes hands for more than its original selling price. Should I be looking to pay less than $2,800 for a MM? $2,500 for a CV? How about less than $1,500 for a CC?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drsfmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-story-of-my-first-pin-entitled-how-i-got-choggarded?tu=drsfmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.