image-12.jpg
5508288_std.jpg
IMG_4047.JPG
IMG_4048.JPG
George-Costanza-Eating-Popcorn.gif
image-44.jpg
Insane.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dantebean.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

This is a case of buyer remorse. I've sold plenty of machines on here and had no problems at all. The BK2000 was a very nice machine that was completely shopped and working. I replaced all lights with LEDs, all posts, rubbers, display, clean and wax, etc. Apparently the Ransom lights weren't working right because they were plugged in wrong and missed two pins for connection. Simple fix unplug and plug back in, Mike was concerned that it fried the circuit board and I told him it wouldn't.
I described everything to him about the machine. All GI was working on the machine. I've got plenty of pictures to show this. I called his repair tech and asked him what he repaired and he said something on the board had broke and said that it could of been the battery pack that hit it and knocked it off. I didn't secure the battery pack so I felt responsible in helping out with repairs.
Needless to say I apologized and credited Mike $250 for the repair..
PS-For what it's worth Mike said his wife didn't know about the purchase. He said his wife wouldn't be happy with him about purchasing the machine but he planned on doing it anyway and probably would have to sleep on the couch.. I laughed when he told me that but now I believe it's true..

Do you know what a full shop job is? I'm sorry but if you keep getting pissed off buyers from your "fully shopped" machines then you may need to stop using that saying. What you call a full shop job others consider a monthly cleaning. You're an absolute joke and I think we can finally say "bye".

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Man that really sux. Don't let one deal let you down. There are some good people on pinside. Most people know how to describe a machine properly. Most of us Michigan guys are good to deal with as well.
Sure some of this could have happened in shipping. But I really don't think 5 GI wires would solder back to the board during shipping. If this was not described to you in the first place then the seller has no knowledge of the machine to begin with or just trying to hide things from you. Or maybe he don't even know what a GI connector is and when he said pinball was shopped, he meant he cleaned the balls.
Seller has a little respect to pony up some of the bill, but he should have also stated he was going to pay a max of $250 before you had is serviced.

We said that to the last buyer Chogs bent over. This needs to stop NOW. Now a 2nd rookie collector gets screwed by this lowlife.

Sorry to the new buyer. We as a community will try to help out as much as posible.

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

If the Mods want to close this thread, please do so. The information is out there now, not sure there is much to add to the conversation. Thanks again for all the support you guys and being so welcoming.

This should remain open. I am amazed that he doesn't have a lock or ban on his account. I guess it's easier to look the other way than to act on this. One thing Klov is better at is the ban hammer strikes the second someone gets screwed. Guess on pinside its 4 strikes and you're out.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from Linolium:

This

And this is yet another reason (of many) I refuse to use paypal. Yes snail mail & personal checks take a bit to cash, but they're a lot safer too. The peace of mind that I can go to my bank and talk to someone in person if needed far exceeds the "want it now" desire I may have for something.

If he wants to weasel back to the website/community he was booted from that just shows how desperate the guy is. He needs to be booted to show we do not tolerate people like this in our community. Allowing him to post is a slap in the face.

#120 9 years ago

We should produce a nice thread for new buyers and ask to have it sticky. I have the last of my daughter's baseball games all this week so if I find time I will post a draft. Honestly the post would say, "Ask the community questions!"

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from cardfelon:

Why would you put that on a machine? That looks like some cheap stick on chrome trim you get at the automotive parts store.

Maybe because it is cheap stick on chrome (plastic). Guy not only shits on the hobby by scamming people he also destroys the pins he gets in his hands. From hacking boards and wires, to putting stupid diamond plate stickers on, and putting plastic t-mold on every backbox.

#162 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainFantastic:

I love how he never takes responsibility for ANYTHING. Everybody that complains about his "product" is mistaken, at fault and is a Liar. The worse part of this whole thing...we learned that some misguided woman let this scumbag BREED!! Now there will be more Choggards to deal with for future generations of pinballers. <Sigh> I hear thru the Grapevine he's a School Teacher....I hope he isn't teaching a class on ETHICS.

That was my concern too but he says he's not a teacher. Couple of the MI guys confirm he is. So during the summer he is busy on CL.

#168 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Choggard: Wanted to buy Spider-Man pinball from me, kept changing the total, swears he PAID me with paypal for the pin which he did not...so I am not sure how/where that came from but no deal has ever arisen from this. People have warned me about him but I don't have problems selling things to anyone...money is money..

Choggs cannot even buy pins correctly. The sentence "people have warned me about him" just speaks in volumes. I wonder if the guy even knows how unwanted he is in this community.

#170 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Barry: bought an Addams Family pinball from New Jersey on ebay, worked fine, player's condition, etc. Had issues later on but we put it on location, so it's expected. I didn't see anything crazy there.
Choggard: Wanted to buy Spider-Man pinball from me, kept changing the total, swears he PAID me with paypal for the pin which he did not...so I am not sure how/where that came from but no deal has ever arisen from this. People have warned me about him but I don't have problems selling things to anyone...money is money..
Yeah I remember that I put the paypal address in to forward payment to you and I missed a letter in your email so it didn't go through to you. You kept saying the game wasn't working and then it's working now which made me question to buy it. On my credit card it showed up that I paid someone and then it was credited back to my account.

Have you ever uttered the following?
1. My Bad
2. You are right
3. I am sorry
4. Anything I can do to right this? (without being presured)
5. Go ahead, you can have that pin. I was just going to flip it anyways.
6. Seeing I dont work during the summer I should spend time with my kids.
7. Maybe I won't log onto Craigslist today
8. Maybe I don't know what I am doing to this pin, I should stop now while it kinda works. (but sell it like it works 100%)

I have about 10 more if you want to see them.

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

You're full of lies.. I never said I wasn't a teacher, doctor, lawyer, etc.. All you do is make up stories on here.. Oh that's right you were the guy researching who I am online and PMing saying I know where you live and what you do for a living, blah, blah... Your a piece of work man! If anyone should be banned it should be you!

Lol, the collectors in MI (who dislike you) sent the info without me even asking. The ones that stepped up and called you out are great but their is about 3 or 4 that don't want to step up because they think you're batshit crazy.

Example:
I called you out on not going to pinball gatherings. You then posted that you went to a convention on 3 threads (with same 2 pictures) showing you were at a convention. Funny about 5-6 members messaged me saying "Chogs is here!", "He is here but keeping to himself", "He has the balls to show up here?" , and "He was here but never approached us."

Really need to post the same 2 pictures on 3 different threads? Gotta prove yourself to us that you get out?

You may feel better about "getting out" but sorry, none of the people there wanted you present. Kinda stings but unfortunately, I'm not lying. I feel bad for having to speak for some of these guys but I am at a distance that you can't bother my collecting or possibly my well being.

Just log off Pinside and keep your scams to Craigslist. I would be amazed if anyone even helps you with tech tips anymore.

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Classic shipping damage.

I hate it when the truck drivers do soldering work on stuff I ship. I tell them time and time again.

Edit: damnit Gecko.

#192 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

I sent all these pictures to Mike. He could see all of this in the pictures I sent. The lights were still working though..

You understand what a "hack" is right? It is a TEMPORARY fix. It is not a SAFE fix, and it's not a PERMANENTE fix.

Now that you have your grail you can stop now, right? You don't need to flip (scam) anymore or even defend yourself. You're done so just walk away.

#201 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Yes I did send you a picture of the boards. I'll see if I can find it..

At this point do you really think anyone will believe you sent it? Again, just walk away completely.

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Could careless what you think..

Not what "I" think. I already know you're a piece of work. I am talking about the people on the fence about you.

Quoted from Blackbeard:

This is bullshit bro. You should've TOLD HIM THERE WAS A HACK.
Thing is, I bet you know you're being unethical, but you're just trying to deflect ANY sense of responsibility of yourself on others. This isn't what a man does.

See my previous post on things Chog won't say. He will not fess up to anything and its EVERYONE elses fault. Next he will say it is the buyers responsibility to ask about every type of issue with the game. If the buyer doesn't ask, the problem doesn't exist.

Lets just rack this up as a deadbeat seller and boot his ass.

#211 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

In the end, I love flipping pinball

Quoted from Choggard:

I am just glad you got the game working because I couldn't fix it

Quoted from Choggard:

It has plenty of flaws, which I may have created

Quoted from Choggard:

and if the game isn't working due to my hacks, I usually have to send the boards out to a few local professionals in the area

Fixed some stuff for ya. You're welcome.

#214 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

More lies from this guy..

Of course it's not the truth, its a joke. You know what jokes are right, you're living one.

#241 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-when-i-turn-the-game-on-its-doesnt-start-it-says-adjustment
Hmmm... having issues with the CPU on BK2000.
Maybe this is why the BK2000 you sold had a F14 cpu installed in it. Oops.

You sir get a plaque for "best detective in the room". Where can I send it?

#255 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

It's the same pictures with a very clean shopped playfield as I've said all along..

You lost the privilege to say "shopped". You need to say "cleaned" or "Novis'd". "Shopped" means you pulled all items off the top of the playfield, removed all wax residue, replaced all broken star posts, replaced ALL rubbers, fixed any popped inserts, waxed and cleaned playfield.

You "cleaned" the playfield but I doubt you did that as well.

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

You're a liar and a thief. You're not wanted here.
People here will make sure your reputation is known.

That was my last post, I think we are done here. He will need to change his name back to HugC if he wants to post here with no issues. Let me keep digging the hole, he doesn't need our help.

#312 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#315 9 years ago

Reminds me of someone tripping over their own words.
Daffy Duck as Choggard
Porky Pig as all forum members.

#321 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

I took the post right out of the Michigan FS thread I created.. No lie man! Check for yourself..

Oh, that old thread that MI people jumped ship because you were on it? Guess those guys are the problem with this hobby too.

So if I got my math straight:
Chogs (1) = the angel of the hobby
All others (100+) = the problem

#325 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Like I said there's a lot of great people on here and Michigan but you're not one of them..

You're right, I don't live in Michigan. Take some time off line and play with your kids.

#328 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

So you're the guy posting CL adds about me.. I believe I've meet you before at one of Andy's pinball tournaments..

You met them briefly until they found out who you were? Just a guess.

#331 9 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^^
Very nicely put. I know it's eating away at a lot of locals near him. He will say he sold it for his grail, just watch.

#336 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

^^^^^^^^^^^
Very nicely put. I know it's eating away at a lot of locals near him. He will say he sold it for his grail, just watch.

Called it.

#340 9 years ago

Before or after he puts plastic t-mold around the back box? That apparently adds $1k to price.

#343 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

PM me and we can talk..

Oh shit. This should be good. Will probably "make a deal" to save face. Why not I will find you a JM around $2k in 2 weeks if really serious.

#352 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Oh cmon, Family isnt that bad, he is no choggbag, thats for sure.

I say Family is a saint compared to this Chogget. Family just have wingnut opinions on things that don't affect anyone. Chogofet actually screws people buying, selling, and the image of our hobby.

HUGE difference.

#366 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

I really don't know what I am looking at here? Can someone confirm this board is from an F-14?

After all the jokes that were cracked tonight, this is the icing on the cake. Thanks for sending me off to bed laughing.

He just said

Quoted from Choggard:I really don't know what I am looking at here

#371 9 years ago
Quoted from TheDarkKnight68:

sigh...
Williams System 11A CPU, D-11392 K's Arcade
https://ksarcade.net/williams-system-11a-cpu-d-11392.html
Williams system 11A CPU, D-11392. Includes software of your choice. Batteries not included. Please note: game roms for all pinball games are included.
Repair Williams System 11 Pinball 1986-1990, part one
techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/wms11/index1.html
Part number D-11392. ... Part number D-11883-xxx (where xxx is the game number). ... Pinbot, 10/86, #549; Millionaire, 1/87, #555; F-14 Tomcat, 3/87, #554.

Well you did your best to explain. He still doesn't get the whole -XXX number equals the game title.

#374 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I clearly see what is mentioned above.
Just asking clarification on:
Near the upper left corner at U21 & U22, it looks like it reads: Rev 1 Black Knight 2000

ROMs. Swapped them in.

#412 9 years ago

^^^
Yes lock the thread. Good luck posting on here Chogs. If you're not banned, you will wish you were.

#427 9 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

I didn't say anything about lying or taking advantage.
People are bitching because Choggard bought the JM for 2k and flipped it for 3k, and I find any objection to him making a profit on the machine to be pretty shocking, especially given that virtually every machine out there changes hands for more than its original selling price. Should I be looking to pay less than $2,800 for a MM? $2,500 for a CV? How about less than $1,500 for a CC?

No one is bitching about turning a profit. We are fumed about lying, scamming, and undercutting of fellow collectors. It's not the profit, it's how he is going about making it.

#431 9 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Amen! Some people don't have a large bankroll to afford the higher priced games. That's fine. One way to make some money is to buy lower priced games that need some work and put the "sweat equity" into them and sell them for a profit.
Wiping down the playfield with Novus and throwing in a few LED's isn't adding any value. This hobby has a lot of terms that get misused such as "shopped", "mint", etc.
In the end it's still "buyer beware".

This is kind of a sad brag but the excuse "I don't have the funds to be in this hobby" is BS. I have a shut box car, rental house, and 3 kids. I would NEVER do the things Chogs has done to a collector (let alone another human being). I would guess but I'm probably in the lower 10% of wages in this community. I am happy with what I have and it's just unfortunate that I entered a very lucrative career late for my age. I spent all of my 20s job hopping and chasing a stand up comedy dream. Wouldn't change a thing but again, not being able to purchase a pin outright due to income doesn't give the right to screw people and mark up garbage to "make ends meet".

Sorry for the running sentences.

#442 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

This simply isn't true as I've said before I sent plenty of pictures showing the condition of the machine. I think another reason he was dispointed was prior to getting my machine he went to a pinball show and played a restored BK2000 that was in near perfect condition. If you look at his Avatar with the picture of his son you'll see what I am talking about. I had a feeling this deal wasn't going to go good from the start and I probably shouldn't sold it to him. I had another guy that came to my house locally that wanted it for $2K in which I should of sold it to him instead.
But what I don't understand is why Mike continues to lie about me not shopping the playfield, saying there's damage under chrome trim I put on it, and damage on sides, etc.. As you can see from the pictures I posted that's simply not true. I tried to make things right by refunding $250 to fix the GI repair and whatever the battery box knock off on the board. By the time you take off around $400 to ship and a $250 refund I gave. I sold the machine for around $1,850 which is a fair price for the condition of that BK2000.
After talking with Todd on here I understand why local pinball people would get upset with me because we are all in the same market competing for the same machines. I get that but to personal attack someone for beating them to a machine just isn't right. Every time I see a good deal online on a machine and don't get it I always congratulate the buyer on a great deal/find if it someone I know on here. Actually I know several people on here that I text quite a bit with to see if they got the deal to congratulate them. Too many times people become too emotional about pinball and get upset that they didn't get the deal on the machine and take it out on others on Pinside. It's very sad to see people posting here on the local craigslist site that I am a scammer when they've never even met me. If anyone of you guys are in the Flint area please contact me and you can come to my house anytime and play some pinball. My door is always open to all pinball enthusiasts around.
Cory

Oh hey good morning. We don't care for your thoughts or your view on this matter anymore and are pretty shocked you are still here.

Let me sum up the thread real quick.

Everyone else is at fault.
Choggard is a saint and is doing gods work.
People who buy pins that arn't happy with the shit shop work have "buyers remorse"

#443 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Chogg,
If you told the guy you would cover the repairs, why not just keep your word and cover the cost of the repairs ?
I've sold 100s of games in my life and I've made money/lost money; but I've found even if I lose money, it's simply less stressful to keep my word.
$100? Really????

He needs that $100 for his next scam.............er "project"

#453 9 years ago
Quoted from NYrangers:

And your a stalking peice of shit who cant keep his big mouth shut! Think of yourself as a tough guy eh?
Why cant you just let it be? You and Dantebean are on some kind of vendetta or something?
Choggard why do you let these two douchebags speak to you like this? They personally attacked your family.

Hey, welcome to the forum. You should maybe find another topic to post your 2nd post on. Look at the history on what this swizzlestick did then come back and play.

#454 9 years ago
Quoted from cardfelon:

Hugsc is this another one of your multiple personalities?

Lol, his first post looks like a Chugs post. Goes into a random thread and says "GREAT PRICE, GLWS" and is never seen again.

#471 9 years ago
Quoted from NYrangers:

How about we play at the next pinball convention? lol Do you even attend them?
You sit here all day in your cosy little community playing keyboard warrior.
Personally if i was choggard , i would punch the living crap out of you.
" MODS..VIOLENT THREAT ALERT! RULE VIOLATION RULE VIOLATION! WAAA WAAA.
There just copy and paste that when you report me...it will save you typing!

I go to MGC and Pinball Expo. I socialize more than play in tourneys tho. I can wear a namebadge if you want to have a go?

How great would it be if this is Chogs is having a conversation with himself.

*Edit* I wanted to make sure "have a go" means play some pins not punch the living crap out of eachother.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#481 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Collin and Dantebean are two very sad individuals who have nothing better to do with their lives except attack individuals on here. Don't waste your time trying to understand them you never will..

I'm double screening this at work. What are you doing? Oh neglecting your kids and sitting online fuming.

#484 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Saw some info about his location and employer, it may have been deleted since then as I can't find it now I am surprised at the amount of character assassination allowed... he sounds like a crummy seller but man, there's a couple individuals here who are totally and repeatedly unloading on him. This has turned from a bad-sale thread to full-out death by stoning. Normal for Michigan but kind of unusual for pinside...

I agree, I am going after his character but the guy needs to go. It's a shame this type of crusading is needed but no one is stepping up to get him out of here.

#488 9 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Sounds a little like that "Nexi" guy or whatever his name was.

I REMEMBER NOW, you're right. That guy tried to challenge me to play before. Was wondering what happen to him, guess we know.

#489 9 years ago

In before the lick? I don't get it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,500 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 39.99
Machine - For Sale
Titusville, FL
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dantebean.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-story-of-my-first-pin-entitled-how-i-got-choggarded?tu=dantebean and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.