image-12.jpg
5508288_std.jpg
IMG_4047.JPG
IMG_4048.JPG
George-Costanza-Eating-Popcorn.gif
image-44.jpg
Insane.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider choggard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#48 9 years ago

This is a case of buyer remorse. I've sold plenty of machines on here and had no problems at all. The BK2000 was a very nice machine that was completely shopped and working. I replaced all lights with LEDs, all posts, rubbers, display, clean and wax, etc. Apparently the Ransom lights weren't working right because they were plugged in wrong and missed two pins for connection. Simple fix unplug and plug back in, Mike was concerned that it fried the circuit board and I told him it wouldn't.

I described everything to him about the machine. All GI was working on the machine. I've got plenty of pictures to show this. I called his repair tech and asked him what he repaired and he said something on the board had broke and said that it could of been the battery pack that hit it and knocked it off. I didn't secure the battery pack so I felt responsible in helping out with repairs.

Needless to say I apologized and credited Mike $250 for the repair.. Edit: Everything else he's claiming is a lie.. F-14 board, chrome trim hiding damage BS, diamond plating hiding damage BS, mason jar, playfield fifty, my machine wasn't shopped, if anything this is a seller beware add! GI not working, etc.. Don't sell anything to this guy!

PS-For what it's worth Mike said his wife didn't know about the purchase. He said his wife wouldn't be happy with him about purchasing the machine but he planned on doing it anyway and probably would have to sleep on the couch.. I laughed when he told me that but now I believe it's true..

#144 9 years ago

I've been trying to ignore this post but I just can't. Let's take a look at my fifthy unshopped machine as he claims with GI problems and damage under trim/diamond plating. I replaced every post, rubber, bad screw, display, new balls, etc on this machine. Added LEDS to all inserts and top GI except flashers. This was a very clean machine all around I spent hours on this machine cleaning it. I was planning on keeping it and adding it to my collection. I will find more pictures later, but I know I deleted a lot of them off my phone months ago. I might even have a few before I put the diamond plating and trim on so we can see the so called damage he's talking about.. You all can be the judge.. I respect everyone's point of view on here except Collin Foust, Captain Fantastic, and Dantebean.

The pictures are in no particular order.. Just some that I could find. And this is why shipping machines is difficult.

image-252.jpgimage-252.jpg
image-281.jpgimage-281.jpg
image-734.jpgimage-734.jpg
image-53.jpgimage-53.jpg
image-706.jpgimage-706.jpg
image-417.jpgimage-417.jpg

#145 9 years ago

IMG_3976.jpgIMG_3976.jpg

Here's a picture I found before I put the trim on with no damage as he's claiming.

#146 9 years ago

IMG_3981.jpgIMG_3981.jpg

Here's a picture with out the diamond plating edit: sides where mirror blades usually go.. Sorry I don't see the damage in this picture either..

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You Diamondplated the playfield?
Diamondplate is a trademark of Williams for coating playfields.

No I bought this mod from a fellow pinsider to put on the sides of my machine because I thought it looked great rather than mirror blades.

#149 9 years ago

IMG_4033.JPGIMG_4033.JPG

I found this picture of my kids playing the game..

#151 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Is it in the pictures?

Yes, the first picture has it.. I also put it on my T2

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

And also let's see the pictures from the buyer!

Yeah I'd like to see this so called F-14 circuit board in this game that he claims is in it which isn't true..

#157 9 years ago
Quoted from cardfelon:

Why would you put that on a machine? That looks like some cheap stick on chrome trim you get at the automotive parts store.

I disagree I think it looks great, to each his own. Regardless the buyer knew it was on there. You're missing the point though the buyer said the playfield was dirty and unshopped, which clearly isn't true..

#161 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainFantastic:

I love how he never takes responsibility for ANYTHING. Everybody that complains about his "product" is mistaken, at fault and is a Liar. The worse part of this whole thing...we learned that some misguided woman let this scumbag BREED!! Now there will be more Choggards to deal with for future generations of pinballers. <Sigh> I hear thru the Grapevine he's a School Teacher....I hope he isn't teaching a class on ETHICS.

Speaking of buyer remorse, here's another one.. You've got the nicest Blackout around and you're still complaining after I refunded you almost $400 for a damaged blackglass.

#169 9 years ago

Barry: bought an Addams Family pinball from New Jersey on ebay, worked fine, player's condition, etc. Had issues later on but we put it on location, so it's expected. I didn't see anything crazy there.
Choggard: Wanted to buy Spider-Man pinball from me, kept changing the total, swears he PAID me with paypal for the pin which he did not...so I am not sure how/where that came from but no deal has ever arisen from this. People have warned me about him but I don't have problems selling things to anyone...money is money..

Yeah I remember that I put the paypal address in to forward payment to you and I missed a letter in your email so it didn't go through to you. You kept saying the game wasn't working and then it's working now which made me question to buy it. On my credit card it showed up that I paid someone and then it was credited back to my account.

#173 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

That was my concern too but he says he's not a teacher. Couple of the MI guys confirm he is. So during the summer he is busy on CL.

You're full of lies.. I never said I wasn't a teacher, doctor, lawyer, etc.. All you do is make up stories on here.. Oh that's right you were the guy researching who I am online and PMing saying I know where you live and what you do for a living, blah, blah... Your a piece of work man! If anyone should be banned it should be you!

#184 9 years ago

I sent all these pictures to Mike. He could see all of this in the pictures I sent. The lights were still working though..

#187 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Lol, the collectors in MI (who dislike you) sent the info without me even asking. The ones that stepped up and called you out are great but their is about 3 or 4 that don't want to step up because they think you're batshit crazy.
Example:
I called you out on not going to pinball gatherings. You then posted that you went to a convention on 3 threads (with same 2 pictures) showing you were at a convention. Funny about 5-6 members messaged me saying "Chogs is here!", "He is here but keeping to himself", "He has the balls to show up here?" , and "He was here but never approached us."
Really need to post same 2 pictures on 3 different threads? Gotta prove yourself to us that you get out?
You may feel better about "getting out" but sorry, none of the people there wanted you present. Kinda stings but unfortunatly, I am not lying. I feel bad for having to speak for some of these guys but I am at a distance that you can't bother my collecting or possibly my well being.
Just log off Pinside and keep your scams to Craigslist. I would be amazed if someone would even help you with tech tips anymore.

What are you talking about?!! Who cares if I go to conventions or not. That's all you do is lie on here..

#189 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

You absolutely cannot explain away that GI soldering crap. Someone who is familiar with pins knows that's a hack. It's a lazy, shitty way to "fix" the GI issue.
SO at this point, I better not hear "oh, I didn't know it was like that", etc. Just own up to the crappy attempt at fixing the GI.

I never did the hack, but I took pictures of it to show buyer before he bought it..

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Probably should've given him a heads up on it verbally. Not thru a picture.

Wouldn't you think most people could tell from the pictures that it needs a new connector? Pretty hard to hide this.. Mike said he likes to work on things and said that he was thinking about removing the mylar too because of the bubbling.

Like I said I tried to resolve this by crediting him $250 for repairs by a tech..

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

In my very first post I said I have all the evidence to support my claims, not that I really appear to need it, but since you keep calling me a liar, I'll keep defending myself.
Notice how he didn't post this one? Hmmm, I wonder why?

Maybe it's because at no time, during attract or gameplay do the RANSOM lights do anything other than display the status of The Kings Ransom. RANSOM is lit from left to right and the only time the M would be lit is when you are actually in the RANSOM mode.
Not good enough? Here's a video from when I got the machine.
All the fun starts at test 04 32.
» YouTube video
I think I'm done with dealing with you Cory. Your ruining the hobby for me and I just want to move on and enjoy pinball. Thanks again to everyone for the support and coming forward with your 'Choggard's'

f72981db8893501ba1cb65a855ed4421... 42 KB

That machine is at my house in that picture and it's just one of the many I sent you. Like I said I called your tech and asked him what he fixed besides the GI connector he told me that something that usually isn't a problem on the game came off the board. He even said it probably got hit by the loose battery pack during shipping.

#200 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

I never got any pictures of the inside of the backbox other than the one with all the LED bulbs, no pictures of the boards were ever posted in his ad or sent to me. I did ask if all the boards were ok and if they had any battery acid damage and he said they were fine. For the record, they did not have any battery acid damage.
Post edited by NextoPin: typo

Yes I did send you a picture of the boards. I'll see if I can find it.. Plus I am not sure why you keep saying the playfield was not shopped/dirty. It wasn't and as you can see in the pictures it was very clean.

#203 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

At this point do you really think anyone will believe you sent it? Again, just walk away completely.

Could careless what you think..

#209 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

Some people never learn.
For my own sanity and for all Pinsider's I'm not going to reply to this thread anymore, I'm sure you can understand why.

I am just glad you got the game working and are now happy with it. I am really sorry if I miss leaded you in anyway. As I've said all along the game was not a collector quality game at all. It has plenty of flaws just like any other 30yr old machine does from back in the day being on route. I tried to take as many pictures as I could to show you the condition of the game.

In the end, I love playing pinball just like most guys on here do and if the game isn't working I usually have to send the boards out to a few local professionals in the area to have them fixed.

Just like most people on here I would prefer not to ship games and have the buyer come to my house and look at it before we make the deal, but sometimes that just can't happen.

#210 9 years ago
Quoted from TheDarkKnight68:

I wonder how many lies Chogs has substantiated with his double talk on this thread alone???
No pics sent- "Oh he should have noticed in the pics"
Hack job- "Oh, he said he liked tinkering" "I didn't do it"
"I paid for the machine" (the spiderman he "bought" thru paypal)- unless you are the luckiest man ever and transposed or forgot a digit or letter that led to an existing account, another lie as your card would never have been charged for an invalid paypal... "But then I really just didn't buy cuz you said it was broke, then fixed and I wasn't sure...?"
Could go on, but what's the point, you're a sociopath.
You are a con artist, a spin doctor, a weaver of a deceitful web, a venerable online sociopath that does whatever is necessary to get what he wants. Women, children (and you HAVE and TEACH children... disgusting), elderly be damned, I'm gonna get mine. Special place in hell for those I think.

All pictures were sent, just like I said the game was shopped too which we all can clearly see from the pictures.

Spiderman Pinball -Like I said I left a letter out of the guys email to pay him for the spiderman it was a deal that wasn't meant to be I guess.

#212 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Fixed some stuff for ya. You're welcome.

More lies from this guy..

#217 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

This is what i'm talking about.
"IF" you misleaded him? You DID mislead him with leaving out a hack that you damn well knew was there and would've/should've affected the pricing.
"30 yr old machine" "being on route"----> just more deflection.
You have zero integrity.

Pictures speak 1000 words.. I always send pictures of the boards, cabinet, playfield, etc. to show everything.. Now that I think about it didn't I send you plenty of pictures of my BR when you were interested in it months ago? You know I did and that's why you wanted to meet up with me and buy it.

#220 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Of course it's not the truth, its a joke. You know what jokes are right, you're living one.

You lie and joke so much I can't tell which is which anymore..

#221 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

You sent me a few pics, yes.
And you also stated zero issues, etc.
What's your point?
Thank God I didn't buy it from you. What timebombs would I have found in the pin that I didn't see in the pics. See dude, youre supposed to let someone know what the issues are. Not be a snake and just blame the pictures.
God damn con artist.

Great working machine.. If you go back you'll see the guy who bought it from me on here said he loves it..

#228 9 years ago
Quoted from TheDarkKnight68:

Good point, Choggy. Guys, he really is a sociopath with no conscience. You can tell by his wording (misspelled as it may be), tone and lack of anything resembling humanity that none of this phases him at all. No remorse at all, and no belief that he did anything inappropriate. Sociopaths have no conscience, plain and simple. Nothing to appeal to, nothing to implore to. You can tell he is almost chuckling and laughing through all this on the way to his next scam or con. He's enjoying it. He really doesn't care about anyone but himself, and nothing anyone says or does will change that.

Your issues run deeper than pinball man.. Relax and go play a game or two..

#231 9 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

NextoPin-- can you confirm or refute that the pictures Choggard sent to you are the same ones he posted?
As far as hacks... some of us play our machines, and don't obsess over every little detail. A few days ago I was playing a machine that I've had for years, and discovered a GI hack that I had never noticed before. It happens.

Good point I've found hacks sometimes 6 months after even having the machine..

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-when-i-turn-the-game-on-its-doesnt-start-it-says-adjustment
Hmmm... having issues with the CPU on BK2000.
Maybe this is why the one you sold had a F14 cpu installed in it. Oops.

Such BS! I still don't believe the F-14 board.. Simply battery pack issue! Nice try though..lol

#235 9 years ago

I really wish I would of sold you that BR..

#245 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

You sir get a plaque for "best detective in the room". Where can I send it?

It was the battery pack issue.. All I had to do was take the old one off and put a new one on..

Nice try though! Lol

#254 9 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

So you're saying that the machine was not in the condition as pictured? You said earlier in the thread that "Playfield was filthy, not waxed". While it may not have been cleaned and waxed to your satisfaction, in looking at the pictures he posted, that's pretty clearly NOT a "filthy" playfield. So I'm asking if the pictures of the playfield he sent you do or do not match the playfield on the game you received.

It's the same pictures with a very clean shopped playfield as I've said all along..

#256 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

You lost the privilege to say "shopped". You need to say "cleaned" or "Novis'd". Shop means you pulled all items off the top of the playfield, removed all wax residue, replaced all broken star posts, replaced ALL rubbers, fixed any popped inserts, waxed and cleaned playfield.
You "cleaned" the playfield but I doubt you did that as well.

I stripped the playfield down completely as I've said on numerous occasions. All new posts, lights, rubbers, cleaned with Novus, waxed, etc..

#262 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

That was my last post, I think we are done here. He will need to change his name back to HugC if he wants to post here with no issues. Let me keep digging the hole, he doesn't need our help.

@ dantebean and Collin -You two need to get a room..

#264 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

The one thing that's absolutely telling about this thread is Choggard doesn't have one defender. Even people I'm sure are shady usually have a few defenders. Thanks for the heads-up on this guy.

Not true, there are plenty of people on here emailing me right now and saying to forget this guy and move on..

#282 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

we should all strive to have a pin leave our collection better than when it came into it.
My first pin was a Hurricane, and I had no experience repairing pins before that. I enjoyed it for a year, fixing the little stuff here and there, tearing down the playfield cleaning and waxing it in preparation to sell it on craigslist.
Right before I was going to sell it I found out that all of the GI wires were soldered directly to the board, much like this buyer experienced. The GI still worked so I was hesitant to do anything.
I came on here and asked everyone's opinion, do I fix this even though its working? Would a new pin buyer even notice this? Everyone told me, yes you need to fix this, it was the ethical thing to do.
So even though I was hot to sell and get a new pin, I put on my big boy pants, ordered all of the parts and tools, paid a local pinsider to come over and show me how to make the repairs, and a month later it was done and I could sell it with a good conscience.
We should all strive to act this way.
In the end, that Pinsider that came over is now a good friend, and sold me two pins at great prices because we became friends and we respect each other.

Great story if I could fix it I would have, but the lights were working so I didn't bother.. When I buy games that are 25 plus years old I do my best in cleaning them up and making them a better game. I've ordered tons on stuff from Marco, pinball resource, coin taker, pinsider's on here, etc. monthly to add to and improve my games. When I go to sell them I do my best to describe the game and send plenty of detail pictures to show condition of game. I am always on pinside asking questions on how to fix things on my games or researching stuff to get or improve them.

Just within the last few months I have sold three machines to fellow pinsider's on here and they all were very happy with the games. All of them were able to come to my house and look at them and play them before they purchased them which sometimes makes a difference. But when it comes to shipping games that's when things can sometimes get interesting. People get upset about a scratch in the backglass or cabinet, burnt GI, bubbled mylar, cracked plastics, etc. in which all the pictures show this condition.. All I can say is be careful when shipping games, because shit like this can happen to you.. Buyer remorse at its best!

#286 9 years ago

FYI -I sold all three because I sent plenty of pictures before hand and details about the game.

#287 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballlizard:

Is pin D choggard?

Maybe what's it to you?

#291 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

How many were you unable to sell because they came to your house and played the games? I have seen posts on here about you misrepresenting condition in the past. If I post one of my games for sale, do NOT contact me. I want no association with you or your warped "ethics".

Quoted from judremy:

How many were you unable to sell because they came to your house and played the games? I have seen posts on here about you misrepresenting condition in the past. If I post one of my games for sale, do NOT contact me. I want no association with you or your warped "ethics".

No problem... I typically don't buy from pinsiders anyway. Most of the Michigan guys on here do the exact samething I do hunt for deals everywhere.. The pinball market in Michigan is dried up because of this. It's hard to find deals on games around here because there are a lot of people doing it..

#293 9 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

Corey has multiple peraonality syndrome. If you sell a game in michigan watch out. He will insult you with one account telling you the pin your selling is crap.. then email you 20min later acting like the savoir by offering 40% less. Shady way to buy and sell.

2014-06-25-18-21-07-1283110386.j... 13 KB

Right coming from a guy that tells the seller don't sell that game to Cory if he shows up.. He's just going to sell it.. lol No hard feelings though..

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

I heard all about that story as well. Very true occurrence.

Andy never wanted that game, what are you talking about it?

#304 9 years ago

I've posted it once and I'll post it again on here..

I haven't scammed anyone on here, I've bought and sold many machines over the years and met a lot of nice people along the way. People like you are focused on a couple of issues that I've had with some buyers. All it takes is a couple people to have buyer remorse and I am the bad guy some how?! In every case I've refunded people and compensated them to try to resolve the issue. I've got about a 1% complaint record when it comes down to it, I'd say I am doing pretty good considering the amount of machines I've sold. People like you are what's wrong with this community constantly spewing out garbage on these forums. You sit back and read every post on here and look for something negative to point out or ruin a FS thread. Very sad! Hopefully one day you'll realize you're in the wrong sooner than later.

#305 9 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

I thought you were the person emailing me and asking me to join with you on a container of machines?

#307 9 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

This is what you posted about my KISS when I got it..

I am a little sour about the kiss pinball deal...Actually most craigslist deals in general. Rich is a nice guy.

You know instead of us all competing over craigslist to heckle some home user into selling us their pinball for super cheap we should pool our efforts and just get a container of games. I am shocked how many times I run into a seller who is just annoyed with us pinball nerds lowballing them and talking trash and just want it gone!

#308 9 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Am I the only one wondering what this means?

John wanted my Blackrose a few months back that's all..

#310 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

It means the game was a wreck, and he would wish that mess on someone who calls him out on his shit.

More lies from Collin, doing what he does best!

#317 9 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Another Choggard lie. Show me the post in question.
Post edited by GravitaR: MIsquoted / Fixed

I took the post right out of the Michigan FS thread I created.. No lie man! Check for yourself..

#318 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

flint.craigslist.org link
KA-KOW!

Wow, people are unbelievable on here.. How sad!

#322 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Oh, that old thread that MI people jumped ship because you were on it? Guess those guys are the problem with this hobby too.
So if I got my math straight:
Chogs (1) = the angel of the hobby
All others (100+) = the problem

Like I said there's a lot of great people on here and Michigan but you're not one of them..

#326 9 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Wasn't posted by me. Look again.

It was Galaxian from Flint.. Your avatar looks similar to his.. Sorry wrong guy..

#327 9 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

Here are some of coreys craigslist posts. $3k jm or $4k t2.

So you're the guy posting CL adds about me.. I believe I've meet you before at one of Andy's pinball tournaments..

#335 9 years ago
Quoted from rockotaco1:

I live about 10 minutes from Choggard I think. I'm sorry but I need to say something, I've held back long enough. Choggard has never done anything to me personally, probably because I've never bought or sold to him, but this needs to be said.
For this guy to take Clay Harrel's Johnny Mnemonic for $2000 directly from the Ann Arbor Pinball Museum knowing full well his intentions to flip it is just a MAJOR slap in the face to the man himself and this community. I mean seriously, the balls on you dude. Do you even realize how well respected Clay is and how much good he has done for the pinball community. You probably shook his hand looked him in the eye and said take care buddy, knowing you couldn't wait to flip the game. The nerve man.
Clay posts it for $2,000 here and on CL, Cory buys it. Cory lists it on pinside for $2600 and on CL for $3,000 just TWO WEEKS later. Dude, you have entered full on douche bag mode. Do you really think that the entire Michigan pinball community is just going to let you do something like that? We're talking about a huge insult to Clay Harrel, of all people. Shame on you man.
That was the last straw for me. Ive never in my entire life seen a guy get blasted on the Internet so damn hard and basically just brush it off as if it were nothing. You really are just a bottom feeder with no soul. This entire thread will go down in history as a reflection of one of the biggest pinball scumbags to ever live. Congrats man. Don't ever PM me or contact me about anything.
I live 10 minutes from this guy and I want nothing to do with him ever. Yep I contacted him about a TAF recently but that was it, and I found a nice one on my own. No need.
I couldn't just sit here and let you do that to Clay. He is the reason I love pinball and he goes out of his way constantly to help the entire community out and you actually looked at the man like fresh meat, like he's some kind of a sucker.
Straight up SCUM. Stay away from me. Shame on you.
I can't believe you still choose to post here like everything is cool too. You are beyond delusional. It's depressing to think that you live so close to me. Seriously depressing.

I just bought a nice TZ, so that's why I am selling the JM to fund my purchase. Clay knows me and he doesn't care.. You're making everything up man!

image-44.jpgimage-44.jpg
#342 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If that is the case, then how about just passing that JM on to me for 2k. I contacted Clay and ACTUALLY wanted the game for myself....

PM me and we can talk..

#346 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Before or after he puts plastic t-mold around the back box? That apparently adds $1k to price.

I can't believe you don't like that chrome trim? It looks sweet!

#348 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I obviously can't trust any game you have bastardized Cory...
Just plain sad that you bought it with the only intention to flip it when others actually wanted it to own and play a Clay H. game...

Oh so this is just a plan of yours to see if I would sell it to you for $2k..

#358 9 years ago
Quoted from rockotaco1:

I have no reason to make anything up. I just couldn't believe that you would have the nerve to try and profit $1,000 from Clay Harrel, especially in the blatantly insulting manner in which you conduct your business. Your douchbaggery has hit an all time high. I don't think you can top this.
That was the one for me, the one that really truly made me see who you are. And now you are in this thread trying to act like hey guys it's all good right? Stunningly stubborn.
I would never even want to log on to this site again or ANY forum if people started a thread like this about me. You just act like it's another day on the Internet la dee da. Seriously, it's pretty amazing to watch how you react to every post. Just walk away man. You cannot untangle this web, it's beyond repair. You did it all to yourself too. I don't care how local you are, I'm not the kind of person to just sit there and not call someone out. I've had enough. You did this.

I really like JM, but I like TZ more.. I am not slapping anyone in the face as you would call it.. Just need funds to pay for my TZ that's all.. The funny thing is you were just emailing me a few weeks ago offering to trade your FT you just got and Mars game for my TAF.. I really don't see your logic here.. To me you're doing the same thing..

#362 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

As Requested

F-14 Tomcat / IPD No. 804 / March, 1987 / 4 Players
Model Number: 554

IMG_4048.JPG 222 KB

IMG_4047.JPG 242 KB

I really don't know what I am looking at here? Can someone confirm this board is from an F-14?

#367 9 years ago

Like I said I don't work on boards if I have problems I send them off to a professional.

#369 9 years ago

Looks like this board can be used in a lot of games.

Used by game Alley Cats, Bad Cats, Banzai Run, Big Guns, Black Knight 2000, Bugs Bunny's Birthday Ball, Cyclone, Diner, Dr. Dude, Earthshaker, Elvira and the Party Monsters, F-14 Tomcat, Fire!, Game Show, Grand Lizard, High Speed, Jokerz!, Millionaire, Mousin' Around!, Pin*bot, Police Force, Radical!, Riverboat Gambler, Road Kings, Rollergames, Space Station, Swords of Fury, Taxi, Transporter the Rescue, Whirlwind

#372 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Well you did your best to explain. He still doesn't get the whole -XXX number equals the game title.

Yeah I see what he's saying..

#438 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

Clay,
Because I'm new, I don't know you but the way people responded when your name was mentioned leads me to believe that you are a respected member of this community so please know I'm posting this with the utmost respect.
Cory advertised and sold me the BK2K as fully working, 100%. I know how old BK2K is, I know things break when they get old which is why Cory and I had multiple conversations over the course of a week about it's condition, maybe 10+ phone conversations and many emails. He represented himself as a upstanding member of Pinside and a knowledgeable pinball collector.
None of the problems I had with this machine were shipping related, they ALL existed before he unplugged it from the wall. He flat out lied about the condition in order to make the sale. Even after I discovered all the issues I still did not post anything about this sale, I attempted to work it out with him.
When I backed him into a corner about all the lies and deception he said, and I quote "Call someone to have it repaired and send me the bill". There was no stipulation on the cost, and because he didn't, I felt he was honestly trying to make this right, so I did my best to keep the costs down on the repair.
The total cost for the repairs was $350 which I thought was very reasonable for the time the tech spent working on it and the professional job that he did. I payed the bill out of my pocket and sent the invoice/receipt to Choggard. He refused to pay it and eventually after some heated conversations he sent me $250.
If he had of just payed the damn bill like he said he would I never would have posted and nobody would of ever heard about it.
He's a liar and a cheat. He takes advantage of people for his own personal gain.
Robin,
Please lock this thread. It was intended as a warning but it seems to be starting conflict between members. Folks can still link to it if needed and the information will still be there if someone does the buyer research as recommended.
Post edited by NextoPin: typo

This simply isn't true as I've said before I sent plenty of pictures showing the condition of the machine. I think another reason he was dispointed was prior to getting my machine he went to a pinball show and played a restored BK2000 that was in near perfect condition. If you look at his avatar with the picture of his son you'll see what I am talking about. I had a feeling this deal wasn't going to go good from the start and I probably shouldn't sold it to him. I had another guy that came to my house locally that wanted it for $2K in which I should of sold it to him instead.

But what I don't understand is why Mike continues to lie about me not shopping the playfield, saying there's damage under chrome trim I put on it, and damage on sides, etc.. As you can see from the pictures I posted that's simply not true. I tried to make things right by refunding $250 to fix the GI repair and whatever the battery box knock off on the board. By the time you take off around $400 to ship and a $250 refund I gave. I sold the machine for around $1,850 which is a fair price for the condition of that BK2000.

After talking with Todd on here I understand why local pinball people would get upset with me because we are all in the same market competing for the same machines. I get that but to personal attack someone for beating them to a machine just isn't right. Every time I see a good deal online on a machine and don't get it I always congratulate the buyer on a great deal/find if it someone I know on here. Actually I know several people on here that I text quite a bit with to see if they got the deal to congratulate them. Too many times people become too emotional about pinball and get upset that they didn't get the deal on the machine and take it out on others on Pinside. It's very sad to see people posting here on the local craigslist site that I am a scammer when they've never even met me. If anyone of you guys are in the Flint area please contact me and you can come to my house anytime and play some pinball. My door is always open to all pinball enthusiasts around.

Cory

#445 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Chogg,
If you told the guy you would cover the repairs, why not just keep your word and cover the cost of the repairs ?
I've sold 100s of games in my life and I've made money/lost money; but I've found even if I lose money, it's simply less stressful to keep my word.
$100? Really????

I told him my tech charges around $250 for all repairs, and I figured for a simple GI repair and whatever else happen form shipping it would easily takecare of it. Regardless it wouldn't of mattered I believe Mike wouldn't of been happy either way..

#459 9 years ago
Quoted from NYrangers:

And your a stalking peice of shit who cant keep his big mouth shut! Think of yourself as a tough guy eh?
Why cant you just let it be? You and Dantebean are on some kind of vendetta or something?
Choggard why do you let these two douchebags speak to you like this? They personally attacked your family.

Collin and Dantebean are two very sad individuals who have nothing better to do with their lives except attack individuals on here. Don't waste your time trying to understand them you never will..

#491 9 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

Was the GI broken before you shipped it?

No it wasn't broken the lights were working. Someone had solder the wires directly to the board which seems to be a method used by a lot of repair guys in my area.

#499 9 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Well that's exactly what/whom I was asking...
I'm with vid on this. The $100 not paid to nextpin caused this set of events. Should have given him the 350 and chalk it up to cost of shipping a game.

You're right Clay I probably should of given him the $350 but I still don't think it would of mattered in this case..

#505 9 years ago
Quoted from robbiedoo:

So, you admit you should have given the extra $100... why not do it now?

No, I will not give him anymore money. $250 was more than fair to pay for a GI fix and a shipping problem. The question was: was a $100 worth all this mud slinging and my answer was of course not but like I said I don't think it would of mattered with this guy.. Especially since he knew what the condition of the machine was in by looking at the pictures and many discussions we had on the phone..

#507 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

New account Cory?

No, I don't live in NY..

#514 9 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Who payed the shipping on this game?

It was included in the $2,500..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Peekskill, NY
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (OBO)
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 39.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider choggard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-story-of-my-first-pin-entitled-how-i-got-choggarded?tu=choggard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.