image-12.jpg
5508288_std.jpg
IMG_4047.JPG
IMG_4048.JPG
George-Costanza-Eating-Popcorn.gif
image-44.jpg
Insane.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheDarkKnight68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#81 9 years ago

""Also a message to TIGERLAW...stop closing threads left and right would you? Some of this stuff needs to be said and read.""

As someone who had a thread closed (and probably rightly so, I must admit), I don't think the MOD's closing of the threads are a "disagreement" of what we are saying. "Call out" posts aren't allowed, so he stopped it. What I should have done was said if anyone ever believes someone deserves a banning for any reason, and they feel strongly about it, they should leave a message on the MOD Feedback board. Robin seems a "general concensus" type of guy... If he gets enough properly placed feedback on one problem member, I'm sure he would get the message we were sending as a community. Feel free to leave feedback on the MOD board when appropriate, I think it's what it's for.
Edit: and in no way am I saying the public posting is inappropriate. Just saying how I can state something without getting the thread closed...

batmandisguise.jpgbatmandisguise.jpg

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Being a shitty seller and a liar last I checked isn't means for banning.

When it's well substantiated many, many, many, many, many times... Why not? And don't talk about "rights"... There aren't any online- it's the administrators decision. He can sell whatever the hell he wants, for whatever he wants, but specifically "to do it on PINSIDE" is not a "right" but a privilege that can be revoked by the administrators if they see fit. I'm sure if they feel the site is a vehicle for "newbie trolling" by any members, they will take appropriate steps if they deem it neccesary. All we can do is voice our opinion and hope the administrators agree.

8yzb.jpg8yzb.jpg

#87 9 years ago

damon-affleck-batman-robin-meme.jpgdamon-affleck-batman-robin-meme.jpg

#171 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Yeah I remember that I put the paypal address in to forward payment to you and I missed a letter in your email so it didn't go through to you. You kept saying the game wasn't working and then it's working now which made me question to buy it. On my credit card it showed up that I paid someone and then it was credited back to my account

Dude, you are a piece of work. Why is it you seem to have so many "issues" with not being able to post pics when asked? Or send emails when you are supposed to? Or punching in paypal addresses, or credit card numbers or shipping/paying on time... blah blah blah... It's all part of your schtick, bro. "Oh, sorry, I'm so untech saavy and fumblefingered"... Enough dude, you're a middle school teacher- you are around that tech all the time (you use it to snake people all the time) and you know damn well how to use it. How convenient when "something won't upload" or "you missed a digit" when it just happens to support yet another of your lies or scams. You have lied, cheated and stolen from so many people, you don't even know which end is up anymore. It's gonna be a lot tougher from here on out, man, as people are reeeeealy tired of the bs this time- you'll never change or grow a conscience. Enough is enough.

#207 9 years ago

I wonder how many lies Chogs has substantiated with his double talk on this thread alone???

No pics sent- "Oh he should have noticed in the pics"
Hack job- "Oh, he said he liked tinkering" "I didn't do it"
"I paid for the machine" (the spiderman he "bought" thru paypal)- unless you are the luckiest man ever and transposed or forgot a digit or letter that led to an existing account, another lie as your card would never have been charged for an invalid paypal... "But then I really just didn't buy cuz you said it was broke, then fixed and I wasn't sure...?"
Could go on, but what's the point, you're a sociopath.

You are a con artist, a spin doctor, a weaver of a deceitful web, a venerable online sociopath that does whatever is necessary to get what he wants. Women, children (and you HAVE and TEACH children... disgusting), elderly be damned, I'm gonna get mine. Special place in hell for those I think.

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

spiderman Pinball -Like I said I left a letter out of the guys email to pay him for the spiderman it was a deal that wasn't meant to be I guess.

Lol, there's the "stupid cute" again- "Oh, I mustve misunderstood what you meant"... You told the guy your card had been charged when it HAD NOT been- paypal won't authorize invalid emails. I'm sure you knew it was a longshot, but you still "tried" to get him to ship you the machine, hoping he would believe you had paid. Then you say "Oh well, your saying it was broke, then fixed scared me off"- which is it?? Is there integrity in any aspect of your life? My guess is you can't name one single time you have acted with integrity. But I'm just glad you are just glad the seller is happy with the machine now. Hope it makes your day. Kudos to "awesome you" for another stellar deal and always caring about the seller and owning up to your shadiness. You're a role model to us all.

#223 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

You lie and joke so much I can't tell which is which anymore..

Good point, Choggy. Guys, he really is a sociopath with no conscience. You can tell by his wording (misspelled as it may be), tone and lack of anything resembling humanity that none of this phases him at all. No remorse at all, and no belief that he did anything inappropriate. Sociopaths have no conscience, plain and simple. Nothing to appeal to, nothing to implore to. You can tell he is almost chuckling and laughing through all this on the way to his next scam or con. He's enjoying it. He really doesn't care about anyone but himself, and nothing anyone says or does will change that.

#239 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Your issues run deeper than pinball man.. Relax and go play a game or two..

Yes, maybe I should. Because I can relax... with a clear conscience. Man, you're making my sociopath point, you sociopath. Damn I'm glad I had a strong father figure who took the time to teach me about being a man and integrity. I still love lamp.

#243 9 years ago
Quoted from TheDarkKnight68:

"I sat in something choggy and got it all over my pants."

LOL, that's my favorite example from the Urban Dictionary under Choggy- I shall use the noun going forward..... Blackbeard, that's exactly why he wishes he sold to you. WOW, what a sociopathic slip!!! "I wish I woulda stuck it to you, now that you see the true me." Doesn't even care that you were the last one off the fence about him... And I don't mean that negatively- you tried harder than anyone to give the guy a break in my estimation, now he shits on ya..." Sociopath.

#250 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

It was the battery pack issue.. All I had to do was take the old one off and put a new one on..
Nice try though! Lol

Wow... sociopath... "Haha, nahneenahneebooboo, you didn't "get" me!!" Technicality, explanation, reason, deflection, shipping, age, routed, but never, ever my fault. Cuz I'm a sociopath as well as a pathological liar. I mean, after 1 million lies, could you remember them all? Surely you would occasionally "delete" the cover story, and accidentally "save" the evidence by mistake and have to backtrack occasionally? Sheesh, sociopath 101....

#252 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Don't close this thread but i'm outta here.
This dude needs to be exposed to this community.

Good call. Let myself get sucked in.. All I can control is me, and I'm outta this thread. This scenario, for many different reasons (none actually involving Chog himself), hits close to home on several levels for me and I let it get the better of me. I'm outta this thread and my apologies for spreading negativity past the point of its necessity to educate people of this seller. Sorry guys and see ya on a positive thread!

Batman_Medieval.jpgBatman_Medieval.jpg

#364 9 years ago

sigh...

Williams System 11A CPU, D-11392 K's Arcade

https://ksarcade.net/williams-system-11a-cpu-d-11392.html

Williams system 11A CPU, D-11392. Includes software of your choice. Batteries not included. Please note: game roms for all pinball games are included.

Repair Williams System 11 Pinball 1986-1990, part one
techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/wms11/index1.html
Part number D-11392. ... Part number D-11883-xxx (where xxx is the game number). ... Pinbot, 10/86, #549; Millionaire, 1/87, #555; F-14 Tomcat, 3/87, #554.

#375 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I clearly see what is mentioned above.
Just asking clarification on:
Near the upper left corner at U21 & U22, it looks like it reads: Rev 1 Black Knight 2000

Yup, those are socketed for the ROM's which are interchangeable- the originals would have said F-14. The A (this one) and B boards are compatible somewhat, and can be swapped- not uncommon. As long as the ROM's match the game it is in, it works.

#376 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

we should all strive to have a pin leave our collection better than when it came into it.
My first pin was a Hurricane, and I had no experience repairing pins before that. I enjoyed it for a year, fixing the little stuff here and there, tearing down the playfield cleaning and waxing it in preparation to sell it on craigslist.
Right before I was going to sell it I found out that all of the GI wires were soldered directly to the board, much like this buyer experienced. The GI still worked so I was hesitant to do anything.
I came on here and asked everyone's opinion, do I fix this even though its working? Would a new pin buyer even notice this? Everyone told me, yes you need to fix this, it was the ethical thing to do.
So even though I was hot to sell and get a new pin, I put on my big boy pants, ordered all of the parts and tools, paid a local pinsider to come over and show me how to make the repairs, and a month later it was done and I could sell it with a good conscience.
We should all strive to act this way.
In the end, that Pinsider that came over is now a good friend, and sold me two pins at great prices because we became friends and we respect each other.

And at this point, any person new (or otherwise) to pinball should follow this mantra as a preferred path. Well said, Steve, level heads prevail, and sum it up perfectly for anyone wondering "how to start" out in the hobby (or hell, for that matter just some basic pinball etiquette). Ask questions, ask for help, do what you say, say what you mean- all that basic stuff, and soon you will have a trusted circle of people who protect each others viable interests because they share a love for the hobby.

#377 9 years ago

I love lamp aka double post.

#546 9 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

I'll stand up a bit for Cory. I like the guy. I've been to his house, played some of his games, worked on some of his games, met his wife and kids, etc. He's always been fair and kind to me. But i've never bought a game from him either.

I don't think much more could be said about the whole ordeal that hasn't been said. How does he (or anyone) rectify this whole unfortunate situation and reputation someone asked? I almost said nothing- impossible, until I saw this post from Clay. Not because he is Clay, but because somebody (even one counts) sees something the rest of us don't. Clay (who sounds like a genuine nice guy anyway, but I cannot pretend to know) has been with his family, seen him with his children, seen him "proud" of his shop jobs- however bad they are etc etc... Yes, he clearly states he wouldn't touch most of the sellers dealings with a long pole, but he doesn't say he's the devil either. If I ever found myself in this extremely unfortunate position of my own making I would:

1. Thank god I live in MI, where there are seemingly a ton of great, knowledgable pinheads everywhere...
2. Find one or two that didn't despise me, be genuine with them, beg them for some guidance, have them help me with pricing, maintenance, shopping, hell whatever- like the rest of you do, and slowly but surely as I listened, learned, strived to change the approach, and had some success being non-douchy, the community would come back around. Not everyone, but a lot or most. I know here and now they all say NOOOOO way, but they are great guys and would help anyone out who shows genuine care and concern, even if it takes a minute to get it jump started.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think some people will ever be able to make changes to themselves but I'm not sure if we can drive him any further into the ground, nor does he seem to care. Change is possible, and as much as everyone screams it is past the point of no return, this isn't unfixable. But it is entirely up to the seller. That's how cool Pinball People are, they cant stay mad at anyone who exhibits true love for the hobby.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 39.99
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Peekskill, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

4,500 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheDarkKnight68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-story-of-my-first-pin-entitled-how-i-got-choggarded?tu=TheDarkKnight68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.