Topic Stats

• 571 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 49 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

luke-skywalker-noooooo.jpg
image-714.jpg
Groundhog_Day_080.jpg
420px-Battle_of_Nandorfehervar.jpg
IBTL.jpg
moderator-feedback-topic.png
image-327.jpg
image-76.jpg
image-12.jpg
5508288_std.jpg
IMG_4047.JPG
IMG_4048.JPG
George-Costanza-Eating-Popcorn.gif
image-44.jpg
Insane.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LongJohns.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

If you use a CC they still charge the 2.9% fee so there would be no point in classifying it as a "gift". But I see your point, to the CC company a charge is a charge.
FWIW, I just sold a pin to a new Pinsider long distance and explained the "gift" option and reasoning behind using it. I could tell he wasn't completely comfortable so I offered to split the fee with him.

I personally do not get the whole idea of using gift period. Using gift, the buyer pays the fee, using the goods method the seller pays the fees - so just up the price to cover the fee - the buyer pays the fee regardless. I would assume that most people that insist on PayPal build the fee into the original price (or just eat it) in the first place.

Splitting the fee was nice of you to offer.

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

If you use the "gift" option and fund from your bank account, there are no fees for either the buyer or the seller. Of course, you have no protection either.

Ok, thanks for that explanation - no way in H E "double hockey sticks" is PayPal going to get my banking info - they have my credit card and that is enough.

Ditto...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LongJohns.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside