5508288_std.jpg
IMG_4047.JPG
IMG_4048.JPG
George-Costanza-Eating-Popcorn.gif
image-44.jpg
Insane.jpg
image.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 571 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.
#551 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

In before the lock!

me too lol

#552 9 years ago
Quoted from videorob:

Maybe now would be a good time to lock this thread. All seems to have been said that needs saying.
The buyer probably learned a few valuable lessons and, hopefully, the seller did too.
Maybe sticky it with "Don't let this happen to you...How to sell and buy a pinball machine and how not to"

#553 9 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

» YouTube video

Hahahahahahahaha

NOW THAT'S FUNNY!!!!

#554 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

So...Choggard could have said "it is what it is", but at least he kicked in $250 for repairs. Did you notice that the one guy who stood up for him (not counting the bogus account) was Clay? I'll toss my hat into that ring. Choggard seems at least semi-literate, responded to the buyer's complaint, and at least *tried* to make good. I'm ignoring the other evidence because...ain't nobody got time for that.
It's fun to tar and feather people, but remember that they are people after all.

Great points. You buy from him next. Start us a thread and let us know how it goes.

Look, I am all about second chances - I really am - but dang dude, when you throw your word down - you OWN THAT SITUATION. All you have in this world when you first show up is your word, and when the integrity of your word falters, you are done. It is nearly impossible to recover from in situations like this. This thread will be evidence for potential buyers/sellers for a very long time.

The world is a small place. This community - to a certain degree - is like an extended family. Definitely not a good idea to piss people off, and when stuff like this goes down, there is no umbrella strong enough to shield you from the sh*tstorm in your forecast.

I do not wish failure upon people, and I hate to see people ganged up on, but in certain situations, you are your own worst enemy. Admit you dun screwed up, face the masses in shame, learn from it, and move on. That is NOT what is happening here as this is clearly not the first time this has happened.

Sucks to see it. This is the antithesis of this hobby. This, right here, is why people hate the term "flipper". There is a difference between capitalism and KY-Jellying someone's poopshoot. I want to believe the seller will learn from this, but knowing this is NOT the first time this has happened, I choose not to believe the lie.

#555 9 years ago

I temporarily unignored Cory to get in on the comedy gold. Glad I did. He keeps making an arse of himself again, and again, and again...

#556 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I temporarily unignored Cory to get in on the comedy gold. Glad I did. He keeps making an arse of himself again, and again, and again...

This thread is comedy gold. For all the wrong reasons of course.
Gotta have something to read during the slow times.

#557 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

Please lock this thread. It was intended as a warning but it seems to be starting conflict between members

Thread closed at the request of the OP.

*** But I can't do just now for some reason***

#558 9 years ago

WTF?

Well I think everything that needed saying was said.

#559 9 years ago
Quoted from Chrisbee:

Thread closed at the request of the OP.

Noooooooooooooooooooo
luke-skywalker-noooooo.jpgluke-skywalker-noooooo.jpg

#560 9 years ago

It's for the best and...

IN B4 THE LOCK!!!!

#561 9 years ago

Reserved for IBTL

#562 9 years ago

In after the schlock.

#563 9 years ago

WoW! What a read! In before the lock.

#564 9 years ago

Corey,

I don't know you personally and am not here to jump on top of this pile, but after reading this whole thread I just wanted to say "slow down". You don't have to get every deal out there, sell it as quickly as possible for as much as possible to grow your collection or whatever you do with your money.

I can see you have a love for this hobby as I do, but you just need to enjoy what you have, pick up a pin here and there, learn how to fix it and enjoy it with your family/friends until it's time to move on to the next. I'd love to make some extra money on this as well but it's a fine line when selling, and I'm happy doing what I just stated. And hell, you have Clay helping you out from time to time which is the best advice you're going to get.

Just keep it in your mind when you decide to sell your next pin, "Would I be happy with this purchase?". Meaning of course the price, description, condition, etc., especially if it's above the going market rate. You've already seen what happens when you miss some details in the transaction and what the true cost of that $100 is.

So take my advice or leave it, it won't make a difference in my life. But maybe take a break and spend some quality summer time with your family, it will probably make a difference in theirs! ( Those kids grow up fast y'know! )

Ron

P.S. IBTL!

#565 9 years ago

Can't Lock, Won't Lock, Roc-a-fella Records baby!

#566 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

But maybe take a break and spend some quality summer time with your family, it will probably make a difference in theirs! ( Those kids grow up fast y'know! )
Ron

This may just be the best advice you will get from this whole thing.

I lost my wife in 2011 to medical issues. I am now a widower step father taking care of 2 kids and keeping a roof over our heads. Don't lose sight of what's REALLY important!!! I would give away every game I have just to get one more day with my wife.

#568 9 years ago
Quoted from videorob:

I lost my wife in 2011 to medical issues. I am now a widower step father taking care of 2 kids and keeping a roof over our heads. Don't lose sight of what's REALLY important!!! I would give away every game I have just to get one more day with my wife.

Sorry to hear that. I'm also a single dad of two but because of divorce, life moves too fast so enjoy it while you can and try to do good by others, you sleep easier that way.

#569 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Sorry to hear that. I'm also a single dad of two but because of divorce, life moves too fast so enjoy it while you can and try to do good by others, you sleep easier that way.

I would have preferred a divorce. Sadly the only thing we didn't see eye to eye on was pinball machines....don't get me wrong...when they got here she played them. I just remember her words on every one..." Where are you going to put that one"?

I'd give anything to hear that again....

other than that we never had a real dispute or argument.

Anyways....I really do wish the best of luck to the OP and the seller. I hope Cory takes a step back and can see there are real people behind his sales that want to enjoy the hobby and not just look at the money aspect.

#570 9 years ago

Holy crap...just got caught up on this thread.....

#571 9 years ago

Due to a technical problem the thread didn't lock earlier. I'm locking it for good now. I will explain why.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, it would remain open as long as it contained civil discussion. Unfortunately this didn't work out, the amount of name calling in this topic has really been crossing the line of what I find acceptable. There is a difference between calling out a bad seller (i.e. warning others to stay away from a seller) or making things personal, involving that sellers workplace, his family, personal details and who knows what else has been mentioned. This was starting to look like some personal vendetta.

I'm trying my best to remain neutral in this, as you would (hopefully) expect from me. But I do ask of everyone to keep things nice around here. I have no direct opinion about the matter but I do think some people went to far in this thread. Whatever you think of this seller, he ain't no Nigerian scammer, didn't commit a murder. Wether his way of conducting business would have you buying a game from him remains for every individual to decide. This thread will stay on Pinside as a reference, but I think everything that needed saying has been said.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 571 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-story-of-my-first-pin-entitled-how-i-got-choggarded/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.