5508288_std.jpg
IMG_4047.JPG
IMG_4048.JPG
George-Costanza-Eating-Popcorn.gif
image-44.jpg
Insane.jpg
image.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 571 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.
#451 9 years ago
Quoted from NYrangers:

And your a stalking peice of shit who cant keep his big mouth shut! Think of yourself as a tough guy eh?
Why cant you just let it be? You and Dantebean are on some kind of vendetta or something?
Choggard why do you let these two douchebags speak to you like this? They personally attacked your family.

Quoted for posterity.

I personally have a big problem with people willfully, repeatedly taking advantage of others. If you don't, you may need to check your sense of ethics.

#452 9 years ago
Quoted from NYrangers:

And your a stalking peice of shit who cant keep his big mouth shut! Think of yourself as a tough guy eh?

Why cant you just let it be? You and Dantebean are on some kind of vendetta or something?

Choggard why do you let these two douchebags speak to you like this? They personally attacked your family.

Hugsc is this another one of your multiple personalities?

#453 9 years ago
Quoted from NYrangers:

Hey, welcome to the forum. You should maybe find another topic to post your 2nd post on. Look at the history on what this swizzlestick did then come back and play.

#454 9 years ago
Quoted from cardfelon:

Hugsc is this another one of your multiple personalities?

Lol, his first post looks like a Chugs post. Goes into a random thread and says "GREAT PRICE, GLWS" and is never seen again.

#455 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

After talking with Todd on here I understand why local pinball people would get upset with me because we are all in the same market competing for the same machines. I get that but to personal attack someone for beating them to a machine just isn't right.

Your low-ball offers and slimeball tactics are why local pinball people don't like you.

"Great game! I might have to take this off your hands.."

This was from your secondary account "Hugsc" pumping up your Taxi you were trying to sell.

Please seek psychiatric help.

#456 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

I told him my tech charges around $250 for all repairs, and I figured for a simple GI repair and whatever else happen form shipping it would easily takecare of it. Regardless it wouldn't of mattered I believe Mike wouldn't of been happy either way..

I think he would have been happy if you gave him $350.00

#457 9 years ago
Quoted from NYrangers:

Lol over/under how long this guy lasts before getting kicked out.

#458 9 years ago

Hopefully less than an hour......

#459 9 years ago
Quoted from NYrangers:

Collin and Dantebean are two very sad individuals who have nothing better to do with their lives except attack individuals on here. Don't waste your time trying to understand them you never will..

#460 9 years ago

Man, I have like 7 brand new Pinside users to suggest people NEVER buy anything from now. Thanks for all the heads up everyone!

#461 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Hey, welcome to the forum. You should maybe find another topic to post your 2nd post on. Look at the history on what this swizzlestick did then come back and play.

How about we play at the next pinball convention? lol Do you even attend them?

You sit here all day in your cosy little community playing keyboard warrior.

Personally if i was choggard , i would punch the living crap out of you.

" MODS..VIOLENT THREAT ALERT! RULE VIOLATION RULE VIOLATION! WAAA WAAA.

There just copy and paste that when you report me...it will save you typing!

#462 9 years ago
Quoted from NYrangers:

Who's this guy? What a way to make an entrance.

#463 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

I told him my tech charges around $250 for all repairs

My cabinet guy charges me $200 for a knocked down pin cab.

That does not mean that he would charge you $200, or that EVERY cabinet shop charges $200.

If you said you would take care of it, just keep your word and take care of it.

#464 9 years ago

The good thing is Mods can see IP addresses, and hopefully ban those specifically.

#465 9 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Your low-ball offers and slimeball tactics are why local pinball people don't like you.
"Great game! I might have to take this off your hands.."
This was from your secondary account "Hugsc" pumping up your Taxi you were trying to sell.
Please seek psychiatric help.

I used to be disgusted but now I'm just amused.
The clown on fire gets my vote as the funniest post so far in this thread.
If a clown sets a mime on fire does it make a sound?

#466 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Welcome to the forum, guy from NY who just joined today!

Were I a mod, I would carefully check the IP address of that newcomer...

#467 9 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

The good thing is Mods can see IP addresses, and hopefully ban those specifically.

No they cant check ip addresses

Robin can see them though.

#468 9 years ago

#469 9 years ago

#470 9 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

In terms of your Personal Information rules, you might want to read this thread. With very little effort, I was able to determine this sellers name, place of employment, and home address from the info posted. This is not acceptable for any reputable site, no matter how despicable the person may (or may not ) be. How would you feel about action taken with this information against him? Or his young family? The fact that your moderators actively contribute to this post, yet do nothing to enforce the rules is beyond belief.

This. I was surprised to see some of this in the prior posts. I don't know Choggard from Adam (and really don't care to know him), but do agree the moderation here is rather inconsistent. "Negative" posts about games/projects are removed so as not to damage interest (in other threads), but personal information about a heavily attacked member is allowed to stay?

#471 9 years ago
Quoted from NYrangers:

I go to MGC and Pinball Expo. I socialize more than play in tourneys tho. I can wear a namebadge if you want to have a go?

How great would it be if this is Chogs is having a conversation with himself.

*Edit* I wanted to make sure "have a go" means play some pins not punch the living crap out of eachother.

#472 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

I sold the machine for around $1,850 which is a fair price for the condition of that BK2000.

Didn't the op say he purchased it for $2500? A $650 difference is not insignificant.

#473 9 years ago
Quoted from NYrangers:

So you just joined and know who Robin is? I don't even know mods names lol

#474 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

This. I was surprised to see some of this in the prior posts. I don't know Choggard from Adam (and really don't care to know him), but do agree the moderation here is rather inconsistent. "Negative" posts about games/projects are removed so as not to damage interest (in other threads), but personal information about a heavily attacked member is allowed to stay?

Quite a bit has been edited out already. If you or anyone finds personal information that needs to be edited out, please report it. I'm at work and headed to a meeting, and don't have the time to go through 10 pages of info but will do my best to edit anything out that needs to be gone. Normally actual names are edited if not public knowledge and unwanted by the poster, but since he's referred to himself by it multiples times I haven't edited that.

#475 9 years ago
Quoted from NYrangers:

Actually, we can. I'm looking at yours right now. Welcome to Pinside. You do seem to know quite a bit about the goings on here for being a 1 day old. Please play nice.

#476 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Actually, we can. I'm looking at yours right now. Welcome to Pinside. You do seem to know quite a bit about the goings on here for being a 1 day old. Please play nice.

Your full of Bullshit! Do you know who you are talking to! I retired your ass a few weeks ago! lol

You cant even perma ban people now.lol just freeze there account....

You certainley cannot see ip addresses, only robin can.

So you looking at mine right now are you? Hahahahaha

Go play with your husbands elbow!

i only came back on to help choggard! Your all Bullys.lol

#477 9 years ago

Oh here we go....

#478 9 years ago
Quoted from NYrangers:

Your full of Bullshit! Do you know who you are talking to! I retired your ass a few weeks ago! lol

Ah, there we go. Thanks for playing. Buh bye.

#479 9 years ago
Quoted from NYrangers:

So you looking at mine right now are you? Hahahahaha
Go play with your husbands elbow!

Wow. Nice. Stay Classy...Go Kings!

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#481 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Collin and Dantebean are two very sad individuals who have nothing better to do with their lives except attack individuals on here. Don't waste your time trying to understand them you never will..

I'm double screening this at work. What are you doing? Oh neglecting your kids and sitting online fuming.

#482 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

. Normally actual names are edited if not public knowledge and unwanted by the poster, but since he's referred to himself by it multiples times I haven't edited that.

Saw some info about his location and employer, it may have been deleted since then as I can't find it now I am surprised at the amount of character assassination allowed... he sounds like a crummy seller but man, there's a couple individuals here who are totally and repeatedly unloading on him. This has turned from a bad-sale thread to full-out death by stoning. Normal for Michigan but kind of unusual for pinside...

#483 9 years ago
Quoted from NYrangers:

Sounds a little like that "Nexi" guy or whatever his name was.

#484 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Saw some info about his location and employer, it may have been deleted since then as I can't find it now I am surprised at the amount of character assassination allowed... he sounds like a crummy seller but man, there's a couple individuals here who are totally and repeatedly unloading on him. This has turned from a bad-sale thread to full-out death by stoning. Normal for Michigan but kind of unusual for pinside...

I agree, I am going after his character but the guy needs to go. It's a shame this type of crusading is needed but no one is stepping up to get him out of here.

#485 9 years ago

Was the GI broken before you shipped it?

Quoted from Choggard:

I told him my tech charges around $250 for all repairs, and I figured for a simple GI repair and whatever else happen form shipping it would easily takecare of it. Regardless it wouldn't of mattered I believe Mike wouldn't of been happy either way..

#486 9 years ago

Does Choggard have a Pinside record on downvotes? A single post on page one of this thread has a score of "-66".

I'm rather surprised that the number of downvotes does not affect someone's profile. Maybe this is a suggestion: add up/downvotes to a person's profile?

Also, in case no one noticed, NYrangers is frozen.

#488 9 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Sounds a little like that "Nexi" guy or whatever his name was.

I REMEMBER NOW, you're right. That guy tried to challenge me to play before. Was wondering what happen to him, guess we know.

#489 9 years ago

In before the lick? I don't get it.

#490 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

It was the straw that broke the camel's back.
I didn't sling any mud. The guy sold me what was at best a $1500 machine for $2500 (was asking $3000). It's fine if I over payed and got what I was expecting, but that's not what happened. Everything I said was true and I can back it up. That's not slinging mud.

Why don't you ask Choggard that question.

Well that's exactly what/whom I was asking...

I'm with vid on this. The $100 not paid to nextpin caused this set of events. Should have given him the 350 and chalk it up to cost of shipping a game.

#491 9 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

Was the GI broken before you shipped it?

No it wasn't broken the lights were working. Someone had solder the wires directly to the board which seems to be a method used by a lot of repair guys in my area.

#492 9 years ago

What will Corey need to do to gain the trust of pinside again? How should he remedy this?

#493 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Someone had solder the wires directly to the board which seems to be a method used by a lot of repair guys in my area.

LOL.. No way. NO WAY.

That's the method used by operators back when they were trying to keep games running on route. No repair guy with access to parts would do that. It's sloppy.

#494 9 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

What will Corey need to do to gain the trust of pinside again? How should he remedy this?

did he ever have the trust of pinside to begin with?

#495 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I agree, I am going after his character but the guy needs to go. It's a shame this type of crusading is needed but no one is stepping up to get him out of here.

The crusading needs to stop now. The points have been made; Robin has made a decision here. We've allowed a lot of leniency in this thread but this all must stop now. We don't want to lock the thread (despite what some in here have said), but we certainly will if it doesn't get in hand right now.

No more name calling please.

#496 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

No it wasn't broken the lights were working. Someone had solder the wires directly to the board which seems to be a method used by a lot of repair guys in my area.

That is BS, legit repair guys have headers and Molex parts on the truck and would never create a fire hazard by jumping two circuits together.
If they burned someone's house down with this hack they would be liable.
Burnt GI is a common problem on these games and anyone reputable has the crimpers and parts on hand to do a proper repair.
Most people who dig themselves into a hole have the good sense to set the shovel down, other keep digging hoping things will get better once they hit China.

#497 9 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

I think the damage has been done. Best bet is to STOP failipping games that are misrepresented.
He needs to change his whole system which based on the trend is unfortunately very unlikely to ever happen. If he does ever decide to make some changes and that he values the people he meets more than the $$$ he makes, then it will still take a very long time to repair this sort of previous behavior.

People now know whom he is in real life and have pictures, emails, and other details to hopefully piece together whom he is at all times. Hopefully the community can have a big impact to stop his ability to take advantatge of noobs. Hopefully MI locals will avoid selling to him in the future which will also help slow his ability to take advantage of others.

#498 9 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

I would suggest the only thing that will remedy his image here (and it would take some time) is some good seller alerts from respected Pinsiders. If Corey has references (that are known people here and won't be suspected of being fake handles or straw men) they would certainly be allowed to post about their dealings with him.

Absent that, I don't know . . .

#499 9 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Well that's exactly what/whom I was asking...
I'm with vid on this. The $100 not paid to nextpin caused this set of events. Should have given him the 350 and chalk it up to cost of shipping a game.

You're right Clay I probably should of given him the $350 but I still don't think it would of mattered in this case..

#500 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I would suggest the only thing that will remedy his image here (and it would take some time) is some good seller alerts from respected Pinsiders. If Corey has references (that are known people here and won't be suspected of being fake handles or straw men) they would certainly be allowed to post about their dealings with him.
Absent that, I don't know . . .

You have to invest time to learn how to work on games and also invest in the proper tools, flippers have no interest in doing this it is buy low and sell high with the least amount of time and money put into the games.
You don't see this guy wanting to know where to get these parts or tools or asking for help to improve his skills just more of the same blame game.
The other kids are doing it excuse didn't work on my mom and it isn't working on me either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Peekskill, NY
4,500 (OBO)
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 571 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-story-of-my-first-pin-entitled-how-i-got-choggarded/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.