(Topic ID: 6982)

The store got broke into, but the Pins are safe!!

By ThePostmaster

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Someone broke into my buddies store, and stole the cash register and some Sports cards. They left the pins alone it sounds like. I haven't gone down there yet to check them out. They were kind enough to leave their tools behind (idiots).

Even theives have morals, they didn't offend the pinball gods!

#2 12 years ago
    Quoted from ThePostmaster:

Someone broke into my buddies store, and stole the cash register and some Sports cards. They left the pins alone it sounds like. I haven't gone down there yet to check them out. They were kind enough to leave their tools behind (idiots).

Even theives have morals, they didn't offend the pinball gods!

oh no! that sucks. They only stole cash? you'd think they'd take expensive things.. does CC have any security system? Ugh no freaking respect. that irritates me.

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from ThePostmaster:

They were kind enough to leave their tools behind (idiots).

Finger prints!

#4 12 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

Finger prints!

That's what I was thinking. They stole expensive sports/Magic cards.

They threw something through the front glass door.

#5 12 years ago

Sounds like kids. That sucks you guys.

#6 12 years ago

Watch out. A lot of time burglars see things they can't easily haul off on the first hit, and often they return for those items.

Not saying they will for sure, but it happens a lot.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

Watch out. A lot of time burglars see things they can't easily haul off on the first hit, and often they return for those items.

Not saying they will for sure, but it happens a lot.

Thats right, and CL is a good way these crooks use to come act like they are buyers
    and see what else might be interesting if its worth taking.

#8 12 years ago

Chances are they handled the tools then put their gloves on as to not leave finger prints behind...Smash and grab thieves are real numb skulls. I bet it was hard up dope addicts looking for a quick fix.

If where my store I would immediately flood the entire neighborhood with a list of every item they stole to make it nearly impossible for a quick sale...

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

If where my store I would immediately flood the entire neighborhood with a list of every item they stole to make it nearly impossible for a quick sale.

People dont care like they use too..They like buying hot items and think its
    a bargain.Pawn shops are usually the first places these idiots go.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Pawn shops are usually the first places these idiots go

Unless they know the item is stolen, they like keeping their business (bread & butter) more. A pawn shop down the road in Baltimore just got shut down, all items confiscated until the origin can be proved, out of business. That's worse then getting fired with no unemployment benefits...they have to explain it all to the police lol.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

Unless they know the item is stolen, they like keeping their business (bread & butter) more. A pawn shop down the road in Baltimore just got shut down, all items confiscated until the origin can be proved, out of business. That's worse then getting fired with no unemployment benefits...they have to explain it all to the police lol.

Pawn shop owners will not know if an item is stolen unless they call in on it
    and see if it has been reported stolen but the real kick in the ass for them is if the
    item checks out then 2 days later cops come by looking/asking about a certain
    item they MUST fork it over and they lose both..Money and Item.
    The stories that i have been hearing is some Pawn shops are not playing by the
    rules and hiding items from police and thats a big NO-NO and will shut you down.

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

A pawn shop down the road in Baltimore

They where tested and failed. That's why I say make it well known what was stolen and when and where from...

#13 12 years ago

does the insurance for the shop cover your pins?

#14 12 years ago

I always knew that MTG as evil. When I played it, I felt a dark presence. I blame Jace the Mindsculptor!
    They probably didn't even know what a pinball machine was so they left it alone.

#15 12 years ago

Hopefully they do not have the ability to moved the pins. They are not something you can just run off with. I would make sure I had great insurance if they are going to be left there.

#16 12 years ago

Make sure you (everyone) have your serial numbers written down or photographed. It may not help but it cannot hurt! I've always figured nobody would steal pins since they're harder to move and flip than say an HDTV and other electronics.

Still sucks to hear about the break-in.

#17 12 years ago

Sorry to hear about that the robbery but glad to hear your pins seem to be safe.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-store-got-broke-into-but-the-pins-are-safe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.