004-192.JPG
022.JPG
greengoblin.jpg
venom.jpg
spiderman.jpg
S-M 012.jpg
034.JPG
#1 10 years ago

This is the place to show your love and mods for one of the best stern offerings. (might just be THE best Stern imho)
Feel free to post your Spiderman pictures, I know there are some real gems out there. I will post mine shortly.
To start off, here is an in depth rule guide to this game (click to second part). I highly recommend you take the time to read this if you haven't- it's great!
www.pinballnews.com/games/spiderman/index.html

One of the most satisfying shots in all of pinball is hitting that upper flipper spider sense for 250,000,000 and the completion of Wizard mode!
spiderman-stern.jpgspiderman-stern.jpg

#2 10 years ago

I agree, one of the best pinball machine ever made. I love biglaw's figure lighting mods he did an awesome job on them IMO.

sm_pic.jpgsm_pic.jpg SM_pic_2.jpgSM_pic_2.jpg SM_pic_3.jpgSM_pic_3.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Yes Spiderman is one of the best Stern pinball's of all time. I still like my X-MEN Magneto better-but only by a hair. SM has been at the top of my list for some time now. It's going to be really difficult to top the layout and design of SM. I am curious to see the new Star Trek that is supposed to be Ritchie's masterpiece, and how it will compare. It hopefully will have a third flipper and kick-ass ramps otherwise Spiderman will stay on my top pin list. My problem now is I want a black version for my collection.

SM_Black.jpgSM_Black.jpg

#4 10 years ago

Here are some pics of mine (due for a cleaning soon) full leds, Buildings and subway, cliffy protector dock, masked slings, shaker motor, pin pac, 3 bank cliffy and decal,

spiderman_1.jpgspiderman_1.jpg spiderman_2.jpgspiderman_2.jpg spiderman_4.jpgspiderman_4.jpg spiderman_5.jpgspiderman_5.jpg spiderman_6.jpgspiderman_6.jpg spiderman_7.jpgspiderman_7.jpg

#5 10 years ago

Best Pin Ever!

#6 10 years ago

Getting ready to restore mine very soon.

#7 10 years ago

The dude abides- I take it that's your SM? How is the feel of those decals on the targets? Any issues with them staying on, or too much cushion when hit? What's your thoughts on them.
I saw them on ebay and like them- been tempted.

#8 10 years ago

Here is some video of my SM machine after I created and added LEDs to the buildings, subway train, Sandman and Venom figures.... This machine ROCKS.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

The dude abides- I take it that's your SM? How is the feel of those decals on the targets? Any issues with them staying on, or too much cushion when hit? What's your thoughts on them.

Was mine I sold it not to long ago and regret it but sometimes change is needed. The decals I had where awesome I didn't notice any difference in play and they look great IMO. Pinball Life has them for sale $38. I bought them from either Pinball Life or Pinball Decals.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1554

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Clarification I don't know about the ebay ones.

#10 10 years ago

Buy the ones Pinball Decals sells (can be bought via Pinball Life too). They are quality decals that stay put and resist wear. I've heard nothing but bad feedback about the ones on Ebay.

Todd

#11 10 years ago

Here's the thread on my SM fire restore. I am hoping to get a shaker for it soon, then that will be about all I am doing to it except playing it.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spiderman-blackened-edition-a-restoration-journey

image.jpgimage.jpg

3 months later
#12 10 years ago

Hey, do any of you Spidey lovers have 1 circular pin bit foam piece for the doc oc scoop that stops bounce outs? I need one and dont want to order the 3pack from Pinbits. Let me know, Ill paypal you a few bucks for it&shipping. Thanks!

DSC09600.JPGDSC09600.JPG

#13 10 years ago

Here is my self-made SM LE. Chrome Steve Ritchie webbed side rails. Chrome lockdown bar. Spider inserts on speakers. New instruction cards. Matt McKee topper. Custom shooter rod. New sling plastics. LEDs in inserts.

Still need some chrome hinges, but I like how it looks!IMG_2759.jpgIMG_2759.jpgIMG_2747.JPGIMG_2747.JPGIMG_2746.JPGIMG_2746.JPGIMG_2745.JPGIMG_2745.JPGIMG_2744.JPGIMG_2744.JPGIMG_2743.JPGIMG_2743.JPGIMG_2742.JPGIMG_2742.JPG

#14 10 years ago

With mirror blades, colored webbies, white rubbers and LEDs
004.JPG004.JPG

#15 10 years ago

Got mine a few days before Thanksgiving...I find it pretty fun and well, the grand-kids even played it.

The 5 year old yelled SPIDERMAN! and ran up to it when she saw it...

Gabby.jpgGabby.jpg

Robert

#16 10 years ago

I'm not as much for add-on's as a lot of people, but I put on a Laseriffic topper, side-board art, target stickers, colored LED at Goblin, Venom, Sandman & Doc Ock, new sling and return lane plastics by back alley, a shaker motor and a MikeinCali shooter rod.

Machine already had mostly white LED's installed.

Robert

#17 10 years ago

I have a question about black suit multi-ball.

I hit the lock switch and the two lock inserts light, lhs & rhs. The lhs loop works for the multiball lock but the rhs loop doesn't lock any balls.

Is this normal, or is there something wrong with the coil 22 in back?

Thanks.

Robert

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Is this normal, or is there something wrong with the coil 22 in back?

The ball may just miss the switch that activates the pop up to divert the ball into the sandman Vuk. Test it with the glass off, that should give you your answer,

#19 10 years ago

I'll be restoring mine next year. I'll post some pics once it's done.

#20 10 years ago

I didn't know there was a switch back there...have to get out the manual again.

Thanks.

Robert

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Thanks.
Robert

Look at the right/left orbit lanes, there are 2 rollover switches on both sides, I *think* the ball has to activate both rollovers to get the ball to lock, mine awards the lock even if it somehow misses the Vuk, I assumed this behavior was normal.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Thanks.
Robert

I believe he is referring to the rollover switches in the orbits.

#23 10 years ago

Slingshot mod.

CIMG5116.JPGCIMG5116.JPG

#24 10 years ago

Spidey Sense mod
034.JPG034.JPG

#25 10 years ago

Sand dune mod made from WH2O boulders.

S-M 012.jpgS-M 012.jpg

#26 10 years ago

Well, the upper right switch doesn't register.

Robert

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Well, the upper right switch doesn't register.
Robert

Sweet, you found the issue, left outer orbit only has 1 rollover, my bad......

The spider spinner must act as the first one...

#28 10 years ago

Here's a couple pics of the additional colored webs we've made for Spiderman. I know not everyone likes the colors instead of clear, but we think they add a little more color to the game.

spiderman.jpgspiderman.jpg
venom.jpgvenom.jpg

greengoblin.jpggreengoblin.jpg
#29 10 years ago

I'm in with my 2nd BSM. Sold my first 2 years ago. Missed it enough to get another last month.-Joe

022.JPG022.JPG

004-192.JPG004-192.JPG

014.JPG014.JPG

#30 10 years ago

Yea, switch 37 was intermittent...worked unscrewed, but didn't when I would put it back in. Took a switch I had and used it, exchanging the activation wire.

Works great now.

Robert

#31 10 years ago

Here's some of my Spidey corner...I dig the mirrors, so no subway or neighborhood for me....image-204.jpgimage-204.jpgimage-793.jpgimage-793.jpgimage-772.jpgimage-772.jpgimage-876.jpgimage-876.jpgimage-345.jpgimage-345.jpg

image-624.jpgimage-624.jpg
3 months later
#32 10 years ago

I have a set of those city-scape blade decals if anybody wants to buy them

6 months later
#33 9 years ago

Just installed the micro display that Sparky is selling. Here is the location I put it in. Looks amazing!

IMG_6519.JPGIMG_6519.JPG

#34 9 years ago

I'll take a few pics tomorrow.

I love the shots, but am not quite sure of how to best advance or progress in the game. I'd like to hear the strategies, so far I'm just hitting shots and seeing what happens, but no real method or plan.

The rules from Pinball news was early code I was curious if there is an update or review of what was skipped over or was missing from that review.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'll take a few pics tomorrow.
I love the shots, but am not quite sure of how to best advance or progress in the game. I'd like to hear the strategies, so far I'm just hitting shots and seeing what happens, but no real method or plan.
The rules from Pinball news was early code I was curious if there is an update or review of what was skipped over or was missing from that review.

I would suggest watching the papa.tv video for strategy:

#36 9 years ago

Long Shot I know, but I may as well ask:

Does anybody have a partial plastics set for sale?

Particularly the:
- left inlane/outlane plastic (mine is chipped)
- the J. Jonah Jameson plastic near the lock target
- blue-ish spiderman plastic above the upper right flipper
- single pop bumper plastic

The inlane/outlane one is the only one I can see being commonly available... the others I could see getting broken more often!

Please PM me if you have these for sale!

Thank you.

2 years later
#37 7 years ago

Damn...this thread got buried..
Bump for Spider-Man!

#38 7 years ago

Heres a pic of mine.

IMG_0711 (resized).JPGIMG_0711 (resized).JPG

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Heres a pic of mine.

Where did your speaker decal come from? I bought one years ago and would like to get another

#40 7 years ago

Damn...this thread got buried..
Bump for Spider-Man!

This game is soooo good, we dont need to talk about it. Lollll

#41 7 years ago

Where did your speaker decal come from? I bought one years ago and would like to get another

Ebay, i will try to get in touch with the seller

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-stern-spiderman-thread-ladies-and-gentlemen-fasten-your-seatbelts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.