That is sweet! Thanks!

#4 10 years ago

3 DIFFERENT VENGENCE MBALSS I LOVE IT

#5 10 years ago

Code must be imminent.

#6 10 years ago

Ah man I can't wait!

#7 10 years ago

I wouldn't count on code. FWIW, everything on that sheet but the wizard modes is already in there from what I can tell....although the Warp ramp is hardly worth shooting in current code from what I can tell (What the F is "build warp speed" guys?!)

Notice they didn't even point out the "shields" standups?! Oh yeah, they don't do ANYTHING in current code either other than light up a real purdy cyan color.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I wouldn't count on code. FWIW, everything on that sheet but the wizard modes is already in there from what I can tell....although the Warp ramp is hardly worth shooting in current code from what I can tell (What the F is "build warp speed" guys?!)
Notice they didn't even point out the "shields" standups?! Oh yeah, they don't do ANYTHING in current code either other than light up a real purdy cyan color.

Haters gonna hate.

#10 10 years ago

Be nice if these were included in the box.

#11 10 years ago

Interesting that they changed the Captain's Chair mode qualifier..

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/Games/startrek/StarTrek-LE-Detail-01.JPG

So instead of starting a mini-wizard mode after 3 in a row now, it just gives super spinner, pops or ramps?

#12 10 years ago

I like there is a way to light extra ball.
Looks like shoot multipliers for combos and finish each mode 3 times
3 wizard modes. Looks pretty deep.
No mention of the 2 shield targets. I am assuming it will relight the kickback on the LE/prem.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

So instead of starting a mini-wizard mode after 3 in a row now, it just gives super spinner, pops or ramps?

Yeah they should of name it "awards" instead of "mini wizard modes"

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

As I was looking at the shot map I was thinking the same thing. But doesn't it now disagree with what was written right on the playfield? This is starting to sound weak. And calling it a captains chair award so it kind of agrees? Oh please tell me I'm wrong... Weak.

#15 10 years ago

"Completing 3 missions in any line advances to The Captain's Chair".

It is written right on the playfield. That was read off a production game, not a flyer. And now that is Super Pops... Weak Stern, very weak. Maybe you can release a sticker with that new code.

#16 10 years ago

It's odd that "Completing 3 missions in any line advances to The Captain's Chair" is written on the playfield when the rules were not in stone.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Haters gonna hate.

That's why I spent three hours playing it on location last night, right? And then came home and told my wife that I'd buy it.

I'm just saying if you're going to make a shot/rules map then actually explain what the hell stuff is supposed to do, but then again oh look, it's Stern... NOTHING ever gets 100% done, does it?

#18 10 years ago

Looking through the game adjustments the other day I discovered that the default number of Warp Ramps for EB is ten. Also, I have earned an EB off the black hole target on the CURRENT code.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That's why I spent three hours playing it on location last night, right? And then came home and told my wife that I'd buy it.
I'm just saying if you're going to make a shot/rules map then actually explain what the hell stuff is supposed to do, but then again oh look, it's Stern... NOTHING ever gets 100% done, does it?

Right, I didn't see any hating in your post either. I agree with what you said and I own and love the game. It is stupid that the shield targets do nothing....nothing. There are so many opportunities for cool stuff on this playfield, I just hope they take advantage of it. I like the idea behind the Kobayashi Maru multiball in the new code previewed at Expo. Stuff like that will make this pin great.

#20 10 years ago

Anybody have this in hi-resolution yet? Would like to frame and put on our gameroom wall next to the game, just like we did with the Metallica Shot Map.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I like the idea behind the Kobayashi Maru multiball in the new code previewed at Expo.

I missed that... lol... do you have to cheat to beat it? Would be hilarious if they put in a multiball where you had to do a death save/bangback to get a super jackpot.

#22 10 years ago

I've assumed all along that the shields targets would work like STTNG, as you're battling Vengeance if the shields drop to 0 ("All shields are down!"), you have to rebuild them or you can't score any more hits or jackpots. On LE it would be double duty to also include kickback. I wonder if that's too difficult if it would also include the spinner to yet again borrow from STTNG. Since the LE apron has shields lights we can assume they play into the battles.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I missed that... lol... do you have to cheat to beat it? Would be hilarious if they put in a multiball where you had to do a death save/bangback to get a super jackpot.

Haha, that would be funny.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I've assumed all along that the shields targets would work like STTNG, as you're battling Vengeance if the shields drop to 0 ("All shields are down!"), you have to rebuild them or you can't score any more hits or jackpots. On LE it would be double duty to also include kickback. I wonder if that's too difficult if it would also include the spinner to yet again borrow from STTNG. Since the LE apron has shields lights we can assume they play into the battles.

At least on the LE/Premium... :p They could intergrate it on the pro too using that big line of inserts in the middle.

I don't see any reason to use the spinner for that. They're pretty easy to hit.

#25 10 years ago

So to get to one of the 3 captains chair wizard modes 3 columns (3 of same mission theme) in a row must be complete = 9 complete missions complete. Is this correct? or is it only 6 complete missions in 2 columns? says 6 on the flyer, but seems odd its not in a row like everything else.

Over all I am really happy with seeing these rules, love the layout and flier presentation. Reminds me of seeing shot layouts in the Willams/Bally manuals.

But like everyone else I really want to know how the shield and weapons targets work. I am sure they have some cool stuff planned for it I have faith in this game and the team. It will be EPIC! LE for me 100%

#26 10 years ago

I wouldn't mind them using the shield targets in conjunction with the triangle inserts in the middle to show shield strength for the enterprise.

That or they need to use them as a health track for the Vengeance as it is hard to look at the DMD while playing the multiball to see how far you have left to go.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

So to get to one of the 3 captains chair wizard modes 3 columns (3 of same mission theme) in a row must be complete = 9 complete missions complete. Is this correct? or is it only 6 complete missions in 2 columns? says 6 on the flyer, but seems odd its not in a row like everything else.
Over all I am really happy with seeing these rules, love the layout and flier presentation. Reminds me of seeing shot layouts in the Willams/Bally manuals.
But like everyone else I really want to know how the shield and weapons targets work. I am sure they have some cool stuff planned for it I hate faith in this game and the team. It will be EPIC! LE for me 100%

If you look at it again you'll see 3 tiers, where one tier is the 6 inserts you see, times 3 levels. Each mini wizard mode is reached after you a complete a tier of 6 missions, hence the 3 mini wizard modes. Shot multiplier is for completing one column, so you could get up to 6 multipliers.

#28 10 years ago

FYI Three missions in a column lights a shot for double scoring, each colum of missions corresponding to a different shot. I discovered this at Expo kinda by chance. There might be more stuff from columns but I don't know.

EDIT: Ah sweet i see thats on the shot map

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

3 DIFFERENT VENGENCE MBALSS I LOVE IT

They aren't all multiballs. The first mode is Vengeance multiball which is a two ball, that can be changed to three by shooting vengeabce while the ball is on the magnet.

The next vengeance mode is 'vengeance scoring' which is 5 hurry up shots at vengeance starting at 1mil.

The third mode wasn't available - it just went back to vengeance multiball again. This was on Expo code

#30 10 years ago

I would use that for my custom score card. I wish Stern had those for all of their games.

Edit. A nice color one

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

I really want to know how the shield and weapons targets work.

Weapons targets actually do something currently. When you light all three you get a free drop target hit on the Vengeance by using the fire button on the lockdown bar. You can also use it to get a jackpot in Vengeance multiball.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

FYI Three missions in a column lights a shot for double scoring, each colum of missions corresponding to a different shot.

very cool! love stuff like this I like the strategy of picking what mode to play when and what it effects.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-star-trek-pro-shot-map and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.