(Topic ID: 109931)

The SprayMax 2K Auto Clear in a Can Club!

By Curbfeeler

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,905 posts
  • 235 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Arcane
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1476 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1479 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1480 (resized).jpeg
P3280001 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_8094523_2 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7738777_3539409 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0282 (resized).jpg
IMG_4646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0115 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0116 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20231124_033122528 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230910_203703295 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231114_053116598 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231114_053126861 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slochar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1621 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Here’s what it looks like (haven’t naphtha yet) after the first can, this is a brand new playfield I made from scratch. Feedback and advise welcome, it is smoother than it looks. Not sure if this will be a 2 or 3 can job.

Did you seal the wood before putting down the colors? It looks like it's really sucking everything up with the very visible graining.

2 months later
#1698 1 year ago
Quoted from Chrimeg:

Yes thats what I'm leaning towards. If you run your finger over the lenses you can feel the little circles but not catching when pulling your nail across if you know what I mean.
I'm thinking if I use a paste wax it will help. Either way its a game that will be played at home. So really not that big an issue to be honest.

It just means that the edge of the insert wasn't sealed, so the clear is wicking down into the sides. It will be ok in home use (all wax will do is get jammed in there, though).

It depends on your goal on the PF if you want it "perfect" or "good enough". I usually go for good enough myself.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slochar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-spraymax-2k-auto-clear-in-a-can-club?tu=slochar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.