(Topic ID: 109931)

The SprayMax 2K Auto Clear in a Can Club!

By Curbfeeler

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1476 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1479 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1480 (resized).jpeg
P3280001 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_8094523_2 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7738777_3539409 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0282 (resized).jpg
IMG_4646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0115 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0116 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20231124_033122528 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230910_203703295 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231114_053116598 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231114_053126861 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SuperDaveOsbourn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#610 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I just bought 4 cans off Amazon for around $71 last week. They should be arriving today. I'm going to attempt to clear and touch up a Big Game playfield I have sitting around. Thanks for all the tips in this thread from previous users.

Heads up, bunny suit, outside on calm day/no pollen/kids/dogs/etc around, respirator, eye protection (full wrap), and proper temps. Prep is key, get it done fast as possible and of course the two coat process with a quick flash coat, and then full heavy coat. YMMV. Smooth as butter if done right, remember prep and protection.

3 weeks later
#660 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

I agree.
Plenty of guys are quietly working in the background restoring old machines.
The spraymax 2k is perfect for this.

Been doing it for nearly 7 years, and if you want that on your EMs it works great but changes the game dynamics big time. Hard as nails when done, and looks great yet unoriginal when done right. There is no way around it, semi or gloss. I have tried, and wasted weeks working to get it just so. The product is what it is. On modern games SS and beyond its just a matter of being artful and having details in mind, and then clean and shoot. The rest is just rebuild and you have a game that is going to last a LONG time after that regarding being played a lot, abused, and not well maintained. Just depends on what you want to do, weekly cleaning on games on location (if you are a location operator) or once off cleaning, artwork touch ups, and shoot and never look back after putting it all back together. I'm on the page these days of doing less clear coats, and much more weekly maintainence or less as its in the end less time consuming, and ultimately you have to touch the games to know they are working (aka, play a few games once a week, and don't fall out of love with your hoard). If you are doing for the sake of it, well then money and time are not important.

Quoted from Arcane:

Acrylics paint by Liquitex are working perfectly, too. These are artist quality, and you should get the soft body for best results.
[quoted image]
They can be found at Dick-Blick, Jerry Artrama and other art shops. Michael's may carry them but not always.
I have used them many times, under clear coat and they will last many decades without any alteration.
Yves

Agree completely, expensive but dense colors, mix well and of course work under 2K very well. Then the time to mix match is another ball of worms completely. Total time consumer, unless you hit it right with a good eye first time. I have made palettes of mixes containing 100s of mix 'drops' by ratio, and gotten close most times, hit it right sometimes, and of course the brain compensates for it if you get is close enough. Its a riot when you get a color from a bottle that matches, and that is the advantage you have by buying a TON of them, in fact all (I have about 400+ colors from various makers). Nuts, yes. Saves time on occasion, you bet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 72.50
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vaudreuil-dorion, QC
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SuperDaveOsbourn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-spraymax-2k-auto-clear-in-a-can-club?tu=SuperDaveOsbourn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.