(Topic ID: 109931)

The SprayMax 2K Auto Clear in a Can Club!

By Curbfeeler

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1476 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1479 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1480 (resized).jpeg
P3280001 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_8094523_2 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7738777_3539409 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0282 (resized).jpg
IMG_4646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0115 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0116 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20231124_033122528 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230910_203703295 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231114_053116598 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231114_053126861 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

Yes !! my local napa carries them. $20.
Can order more and have them in two days if needed.
And the weather is perfect, time to prep.

Amazon appears to have 2 packs for $26 including free shipping... though shipping times appear to be slower because not PRIME.

https://www.amazon.com/Spray-High-Gloss-Clearcoat-Aerosol/dp/B00W2D806Y/ref=sr_1_1

#392 6 years ago

duplicate

11 months later
#608 5 years ago

Maybe the answer to this question is in this or another thread, but I didn't find it with my initial search (albeit a very short search).

What are others doing with new CPR repro playfields? Is the clear that comes with these sufficient for general home use play? Or are others recommending a process of sanding and applying more coats with the spraymax 2k product? Keep in mind that I've never done this before and would really not like to make the playfield worse. But I'm assuming now is the time to think about this if I were ever going to do it... because after doing the playfield swap, it will be too late of course.

1 month later
#679 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Hey folks, just doing this so it`s easily find able for me soon.

That’s one way to do it.

But in case you weren’t aware, there is another very useful feature in the forums... you can click the bookmark symbol near the bottom left of the post and then click “save post bookmark”. It even allows you to add tags so you can search your bookmarks later. I use tags such as “mods” or “tech repair” or “restoration”, etc.

You can basically build your own library of useful posts that you’d like to refer back to.

8 months later
#874 4 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

You guys should start an OSHA thread to talk about safety. For anyone who has braved the most dangerous material in a can, how many coats would you be able to get out of a can? I'm trying to get a few playfields ready so I can spray all at once but wondering how far I will be able to go on 1 can.

I would second this motion. Don't get me wrong... the advice is very useful and I would absolutely follow it if I use this product in the future (never used it so far). Thanks semicolin for the great info. I just think after 2-3 pages of posts about this safety topic that it's run it's course and just serves to derail the actual discussion of doing the restorations with this product. Just my two cents worth and maybe others don't agree. I can just scroll past it of course, but hard to separate the wheat from the chafe with so much repeated posts saying the same thing. I mean, come on semi... even you must be tired of repeating yourself time after time? Just use minimum or above minimum PPE and that's it. Case closed.

#878 4 years ago

So, I have a question that may have been answered already, or possibly in Vid’s playfield restoration guide... but I’ll risk it and ask anyway.

Do people recommend using spraymax 2k to clear over new CPR playfields? I purchased an earthshaker playfield to do a swap and it looks fantastic to me already. I am not as picky as some though, but definitely want it to last decades if I go through the trouble of doing a PF swap. Should I just install and forget it? Or should I add additional clear to give it more protection/strength? And if so, what sanding method should i start with? I will go back and read more now before I do it, so don’t need details... but if someone wants to give a brief list of steps, that would be awesomely appreciated!!

#888 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

If it looks fantastic and you’re happy with it - install it and play it.
You’ll never wear through any clear coat playing in your house ... even if you own it for 50 years.
rd

Thanks Dave! That’s where I was leaning anyway... but then I read these threads/posts about people going all Kruzman on their NOS playfields... or I see High_End_Pins making a new playfield even more perfect... and I start overthinking it. In the end, if I want that perfection I think I’ll just send to Chris and pony up the cash to have it be perfect. But your advice is spot on for any pf swaps that i might do myself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 20.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 64.99
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-spraymax-2k-auto-clear-in-a-can-club?tu=Pinzap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.