(Topic ID: 109931)

The SprayMax 2K Auto Clear in a Can Club!

By Curbfeeler

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1476 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1479 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1480 (resized).jpeg
P3280001 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_8094523_2 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7738777_3539409 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0282 (resized).jpg
IMG_4646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0115 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0116 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20231124_033122528 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230910_203703295 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231114_053116598 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231114_053126861 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mathazar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#858 4 years ago
Quoted from tandem2:

Minwax Ultimate has given great results. The Minwax Polycrylic is ok, but not as good. The Varathane brand has also been good too.

I've had a good experience with Minwax Ultimate (so far), at least on bare wood. I did a Mata Hari hardtop a few months ago - the first picture is after tear down and before doing anything to the playfield. The second picture is after sanding, 3 coats of Minwax Ultimate on the shooter lane, apron area, and arch area, and the hardtop applied (something weird with the lighting in the second picture makes it appear like the wood tone is not uniform....it really is). Time will tell if it yellows, but so far so good after 3 months.

IMG_6334.JPGIMG_6334.JPGIMG_6493.jpgIMG_6493.jpg
#881 4 years ago

After all this safety talk when clearing a playfield, I'm now cringing at this part of a hardtop installation video I watched earlier this year (starts at 3:04 mark):

4 months later
#933 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Some are not screwed, staples.

Early Bally SS are stapled....pain the ass to remove, but totally worth it. And the three that I have done to date all had holes pre-drilled in the rails for screws which made screwing it in upon re-assembly a breeze. Likely a cost-saving move Bally made in manufacturing at the last minute....switch to staples and save a few $$.

1 year later
#1138 3 years ago

If you don't want to shell out $900 for a CPR repro, you could use your existing playfield (sand off all the artwork) and put down a hardtop for about $300. Best part is only a topside teardown is needed.

IMG_8161 (resized).JPGIMG_8161 (resized).JPGIMG_8212 (resized).JPGIMG_8212 (resized).JPGIMG_8238 (resized).jpgIMG_8238 (resized).jpg
#1141 3 years ago
Quoted from seeburg220:

I've already got the new playfield for it. But, I do have a Hardtop for my Mata Hari, but have yet to install it. How does the Hardtop play and feel? I noticed that the playfield protector I was using, made the ball act differently than when it was rolling over just the wood.

Small world - I also have a hardtop on my Mata Hari. And I have a playfield protector on my Black Jack and also (until I put a hardtop on) my Black Knight.

I very much like the play and feel of a hardtop. The ball does roll faster and smoother which I prefer...kind of like breathing new life into an old game. My Mata Hari, especially, is a lot "livelier" now with the hardtop and I think that's good. The ball is a bit quieter on a hardtop vs. a playfield, but that's moot to me as I usually have music blaring in the background anyway so you wouldn't notice.

The hardtop (and playfield protector, for that matter) also do a nice job of neutralizing sunken inserts without the hassle of leveling with clear or replacing altogether. Both my MH and EBD have several sunken inserts that change the ball trajectory when hit, but not anymore. Ball travel is smooth and true.

1 year later
#1646 1 year ago

Wow....that's gorgeous.

1 month later
#1687 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Yeah I feel bad for you guys that live where its banned, this stuff is a necessity

My Lowes and Home Depot in Colorado stopped carrying it a few months ago. Picked some up from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Klean-Strip-Surfaces-resistant-Centaurus-AZ/dp/B09LHWZ45V

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mathazar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-spraymax-2k-auto-clear-in-a-can-club?tu=Mathazar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.