(Topic ID: 109931)

The SprayMax 2K Auto Clear in a Can Club!

By Curbfeeler

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,413 posts
  • 198 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by bigguybbr
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2593 (resized).JPG
IMG_2559 (resized).JPG
IMG_2665 (resized).JPG
IMG_2662 (resized).JPG
IMG_2663 (resized).JPG
1 (resized).JPG
05 (resized).JPG
0 (resized).JPG
0914211814b (resized).jpg
0914211814 (resized).jpg
0914211814a (resized).jpg
0914210910 (resized).jpg
0914210910a (resized).jpg
0914210911 (resized).jpg
IMG_2621 (resized).JPG
IMG_2624 (resized).JPG

There are 1413 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 29.
#1401 2 days ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

Thanks, I wanted to get as many lines out now as I could assuming it would be harder in a week or so but I am ready to hang it up.

Its all about the die back. And whatever grade of finish you want.

10 weeks from now you will see more die back. Always.

Chris usually applies more clear to flatten it out again after 8 to 10 weeks.

This is how you get a mirror finish.

Oddly in the long run it doesnt matter too much due to ball dimples, scrapes and scratches.

#1402 2 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Its all about the die back. And whatever grade of finish you want.
10 weeks from now you will see more die back. Always.
Chris usually applies more clear to flatten it out again after 8 to 10 weeks.
This is how you get a mirror finish.
Oddly in the long run it doesnt matter too much due to ball dimples, scrapes and scratches.

Yeah, that is the thing isn't it. When to stop.... A lot of the touch up I have been doing is in areas that are going to be fully hidden. I was just looking at my Taxi which I did before which wasn't nearly so flat and shiny and it looks perfect in play. It would look great on the game now but I keep seeing the tiny flaws.

#1403 2 days ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

You can buy naphtha at Sherwin-Williams on Clyde Ave. I got a can from there.

how long ago was that? I recently went to a different Sherwin Williams in Kanata and they did not have it and they told me they cannot get it. Could be just that store/management?

#1404 2 days ago

Wow this thread is great.

I’m curious if anyone here has used a turbine sprayer to clear a playfield? I have a Fuji Mini Mite 3, but never tried it with 2-part. I think I need to order a smaller needle for it, but I might give it a shot and compare it to SprayMax.

amazon.com link »

#1405 2 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

how long ago was that? I recently went to a different Sherwin Williams in Kanata and they did not have it and they told me they cannot get it. Could be just that store/management?

Probably 2 years now. The Clyde Ave. store is more of a commercial outlet.

#1406 2 days ago

I will give them a call, if that fails, can one of you sell me a 1/4 gallon ? I can bring my own bottle and collect it. PM if you can. thanks

#1407 2 days ago
Quoted from radium:

Wow this thread is great.
I’m curious if anyone here has used a turbine sprayer to clear a playfield? I have a Fuji Mini Mite 3, but never tried it with 2-part. I think I need to order a smaller needle for it, but I might give it a shot and compare it to SprayMax.
amazon.com link »

It might lay down too much paint, too quickly in order to get any control out of it.

#1408 2 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

CMX prep test worked. Followed directions on the bottle, and followed up with a wipe with a tack rag right before beginning to spray.
Started out with a mist coat followed by 3 light coats. No fish eye detected. Plenty of planking that I can work on once it dries and filling in low spots.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

I did Spraymax a Springbreak (I miss that game )

Before and after images:

0 (resized).JPG05 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG
#1409 2 days ago
Quoted from tezting:

I did Spraymax a Springbreak (I miss that game )
Before and after images:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does that make Spring Break the most Spray 2K'd pin in the club? Out of curiosity, what game did you replace it with?

I just finished sanding mine down. Now it's ready to sit for a while to harden up.

IMG_2662 (resized).JPG
IMG_2663 (resized).JPG
Before:IMG_2559 (resized).JPG
After:IMG_2665 (resized).JPG

#1410 1 day ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Does that make Spring Break the most Spray 2K'd pin in the club? Out of curiosity, what game did you replace it with?
I just finished sanding mine down. Now it's ready to sit for a while to harden up.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Before:[quoted image]
After:[quoted image]

Looks great!

#1411 1 day ago

Thanks! Your tips were helpful.

#1412 1 day ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Before:[quoted image]
After:[quoted image]

I did not replace it - I had "too many games" (I dont have enough space)

I liked the simple gameplay of the game and the happy feel/music the game had.
And the translite is epic! (As you can see on my profile image)

#1413 1 day ago
Quoted from tezting:

I did not replace it - I had "too many games" (I dont have enough space)
I liked the simple gameplay of the game and the happy feel/music the game had.
And the translite is epic! (As you can see on my profile image)

I actually just ordered a NOS translight from Mayfair to replace the faded one I have. It's not in too bad of shape, but there is a small hole in it by the fat guys, and a crack in the middle.

I'm with you though. I like having some simple games to mix it up. I have a TMNT that gets frustrating at times, and it's nice to jump on my old stern Trident or Meteor for a change of pace between games.

IMG_2593 (resized).JPG

There are 1413 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 29.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside