(Topic ID: 109931)

The SprayMax 2K Auto Clear in a Can Club!

By Curbfeeler

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,060 posts
  • 174 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by mark532011
  • Topic is favorited by 294 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 309 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EB321F06-52A8-4743-B18D-6C08D3F67EDA (resized).jpeg
E13123F0-1481-45D9-9C88-3A24BFDDCD63 (resized).jpeg
22050A30-69EA-45D6-969A-75F8D135F063 (resized).jpeg
644D17C1-50AA-4471-AB12-29113B4F0CD7 (resized).jpeg
C5FC7BAE-C12D-4D48-B9F6-F599D1D9C2B8 (resized).jpeg
A8B3897F-4A36-4DBB-8B9A-FF43E48F8C8A (resized).jpeg
20200414_164549758 (resized).png
20200414_164525097 (resized).png
IMG_2975 (resized).JPG
IMG_2974 (resized).JPG
IMG_2973 (resized).JPG
IMG_2972 (resized).JPG
IMG_2971 (resized).JPG
411D4421-51BA-4C4E-9086-6FB946B7A620 (resized).png
640F2F62-F8D8-4D37-931C-2F6B7A44132A (resized).png
609C49FA-8118-4C15-B670-C6CDB99B9446 (resized).jpeg

There are 1060 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.
#1051 67 days ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

I think it's more likely the Ultimate compound is leaving the tiny swirl marks because compound is considered an abrasive, and your microfiber is absorbing the compound that was left in those tiny crevices, making it look like it's the towel causing it. I would treat it like the clear coat of a vehicle. You want to use a polish afterwards because that removes the swirls left by the compound.

I did the best I could with the Ultimate Compound. I tried it all over again by hand and pressed significantly harder than the first time. Showed some improvement, still think it could look better. I’m giving it a day then I’ll use the polisher.

#1052 67 days ago

That Ultimate compound is ok I guess, but you should still follow it up with your polish. It'll polish out the fine scratches left by the compound.

I use Meguire's 105 followed by Meguire's 205 with a DA for a mirror finish.

-Paul

#1053 66 days ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

That Ultimate compound is ok I guess, but you should still follow it up with your polish. It'll polish out the fine scratches left by the compound.
I use Meguire's 105 followed by Meguire's 205 with a DA for a mirror finish.
-Paul

Yeah, stick with the 105 and 205. If you have a Harbor Freight nearby you can get it there. Pro quality stuff.....

1 month later
#1054 15 days ago

So I have a retheme that I’m doing and it’s time to clear coat. I’m probably going to do this for just this one pin. I have the cans of SprayMax but I need the mask/respirator and the bunny suit. Can someone recommend which ones to buy? Like I said, I probably won’t do this again so I’m hoping to not spend too much money.

#1055 9 days ago

I don’t know if anyone responded to your question. On page 17 of this thread is a lot of safety discussion and some links. I have ordered the system below after the vendor promised I could get extra lengths of tube. My plan is rather than rely on the filter I will put the filter outside the paint booth. Unfortunately it won’t come until August. I will post my results

JUM99 Electric Supplied Air Fed Full Face Gas Mask Constant Flow Respirator System Device in Gas masks amazon.com link »

#1056 9 days ago

I wish I could give a recommendation for what to purchase. Unfortunately, respirators of any kind are nearly impossible to find. Although I have far more time on my hands this year, my refinishing projects have been placed on hold completely because I can't do them safely.

As an aside, respirators intended to protect the wearer from construction debris and solvent vapours do not prevent the spread of Covid-19, as exhalation air is not filtered. That unfortunately hasn't prevented people from panic purchasing. That means that people who need them for their (essential) work in construction and manufacturing can no longer obtain them, and this is part of why supply chains have been impacted. If you use a construction respirator or a disposable half-mask with an exhalation valve, understand that wearing it will not prevent the spread of the virus. When in public indoors, you should instead wear a cloth mask, non-surgical paper mask, or other disposable mask that does not have an exhalation valve. The intent for wearing a mask to prevent viral spread is not so that it filters the air you breathe in, but so that any virus-laden moisture that you exhale is trapped in your own mask. The more people that wear masks, the less transmission that will occur. This is not a political statement; it is a fact.

During this time of supply shortages, I would suggest that we refrain from leisure projects requiring any purchase of new respiratory PPE so that the limited professional-grade equipment can go to production workers in the construction and manufacturing industries whose work has been deemed essential. Currently, they are being forced to work without PPE around crystalline silica, asbestos, and solvent fumes without response from authorities who would normally assist workers in refusing unsafe conditions. Those workers are facing a difficult choice between their lives and their livelihoods, and recognizing that, we can decide not to compound the problem further.

#1057 9 days ago
Quoted from semicolin:

During this time of supply shortages, I would suggest that we refrain from leisure projects requiring any purchase of new respiratory PPE so that the limited professional-grade equipment can go to production workers in the construction and manufacturing industries whose work has been deemed essential. Currently, they are being forced to work without PPE around crystalline silica, asbestos, and solvent fumes without response from authorities who would normally assist workers in refusing unsafe conditions. Those workers are facing a difficult choice between their lives and their livelihoods, and recognizing that, we can decide not to compound the problem further.

I was on board until this piece, the company I work for just ordered an extremely large number of masks with no problem for just one department out of 100s of areas also ordering. Professional construction, medical, and essential companies have access to PPE from distributors way sooner than the general public sees when it trickles down to walmart shelves and amazon. If people are being "forced" to work around those hazards, then thats an issue with their management or union to address. People in those jobs arent shopping for their crews PPE online or in public big box stores. The 15 people in our hobby that spray a few cans of clear a year arent putting professional workers in dangerous situations.

#1058 9 days ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I was on board until this piece, the company I work for just ordered an extremely large number of masks with no problem for just one department out of 100s of areas also ordering. Professional construction, medical, and essential companies have access to PPE from distributors way sooner than the general public sees when it trickles down to walmart shelves and amazon. If people are being "forced" to work around those hazards, then thats an issue with their management or union to address. People in those jobs arent shopping for their crews PPE online or in public big box stores. The 15 people in our hobby that spray a few cans of clear a year arent putting professional workers in dangerous situations.

It might be different from region to region. Where I am, the three industrial safety suppliers in town (the capital of Canada, pop 1M+, not a backwater) have been unable to source any half or full mask respirators since April for any of the ~200 industry employers in my group. They have faced everything from border seizures to counterfeiting. We've been able to get dodgy chinese disposable "KN95" dust masks for about a month now but that's about it. I'm speaking from experience.

If you have access to respirators and cartridges (OV/N95) where you are, please post the supplier name here. I would like to contact them. I am worried about my colleagues.

1 week later
#1059 4 hours ago

It’s a very tough time and I completely understand the trouble that doctors and first responders are having with the supply and demand for respirators.

I have decided and already purchased a full face swim mask and a tyvek clean suit from Amazon. I will connect a long breathing tube to the mask and the open end will be located outside my spraying tent. The total for the mask and suit is about $40.
I don’t plan on staying in the spraying tent very long. I got the idea from a video showing a doctor who made his own respirator using a full face swim mask. He was able to attach a filter to it using a 3D printed adapter. I hope everyone is safe!

#1060 1 hour ago

Breathing through a long tube is difficult. I hope it works for you! I am trying a similar system in the next couple of days. I will post a report

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
9,400 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 37.50
$ 109.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Port St. Lucie, FL
$ 10.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 30.00
$ 399.95
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
There are 1060 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside