Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by action76
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hollowman.jpg
    164157_181361758549309_146691328683019.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizzardz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

This one freaked ms wizz so much, she wouldn't play the rest of the night.

Was playing a two-player game of SM with ms wizz last night. I tend to have longer ball times and had just finished ball two (player 1). I joined her in the kitchen to let her know it was her ball, and to discuss the ruleset since she had just hit all the white arrows the previous ball.

We became aware of sounds coming from the office where the pins were, and as we stuck our heads around the corner, there was the distinct sound of the machine-gun bumpers, as well as slings and voices. We go over to the machine and find, not just a ball in play, but multi-ball in play. I just picked up at the flippers and continued the ball(s). After I drained (head not really into the ball) it started player 1 ball 3. We just stood and let it make noises just to see if it would put itself in play, but it didn't. Ms wizz wouldn't even finish her last ball. She made me check twice to make sure I turned the machine off when we went to bed.

I have no idea how the ball would have launched itself for a new player much-less how it managed to achieved a multi-ball on its own, but it freaked her out so (and of course comments I made didn't help I'm sure). I'll only be freaked once my GC score is bested by some unknown player.

#3 12 years ago

The sounds we heard from the kitchen were the balls in play. I finished my ball two and her ball two was in the shooter lane ready for her go when I walked away to get her. When we got to the machine after hearing the noises, there were three balls in play in a multi-ball (literally bouncing around the pf) - though I'm not sure which mult-ball. The noises we heard were the various bumpers, slings, etc being hit while the balls were in play.

I simply continued playing where it had started. We were really not sure which player it was on since the multi-ball display wouldn't show the player/ball until it ended. Once I drained the last ball, it popped a ball into the shooter lane for player 1 ball 3.

We haven't seen any issue with switch or optos. I played a couple games afterwards with no issues. It was all very weird.

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

kicks the ball out of the shooter lane if it sits there to long.

We've left a ball in the shooter lane much longer waiting for a next player before and since. Beside the "Player X, you're up!" nag, its never been impatient enough to shoot the ball before. I even let it set longer at player 1 ball 3 just to see if it would do it again, but it didn't.

I looked thru diags and couldn't find any alerts, bad switches, etc.

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

The only logical explanation is that you have a poltergeist at your home.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

no problem....just wish they'd setup a player 3 rather than taking ms wizz'z turn.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizzardz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-spirits-like-pinball?tu=wizzardz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.