7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by action76
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Hollowman.jpg
    164157_181361758549309_146691328683019.jpg

#1 7 years ago

This one freaked ms wizz so much, she wouldn't play the rest of the night.

Was playing a two-player game of SM with ms wizz last night. I tend to have longer ball times and had just finished ball two (player 1). I joined her in the kitchen to let her know it was her ball, and to discuss the ruleset since she had just hit all the white arrows the previous ball.

We became aware of sounds coming from the office where the pins were, and as we stuck our heads around the corner, there was the distinct sound of the machine-gun bumpers, as well as slings and voices. We go over to the machine and find, not just a ball in play, but multi-ball in play. I just picked up at the flippers and continued the ball(s). After I drained (head not really into the ball) it started player 1 ball 3. We just stood and let it make noises just to see if it would put itself in play, but it didn't. Ms wizz wouldn't even finish her last ball. She made me check twice to make sure I turned the machine off when we went to bed.

I have no idea how the ball would have launched itself for a new player much-less how it managed to achieved a multi-ball on its own, but it freaked her out so (and of course comments I made didn't help I'm sure). I'll only be freaked once my GC score is bested by some unknown player.

#2 7 years ago

Well I don't believe in the paranormal but one explanation could be trough switch issues. The game could've seen a trough switch not working and kept ejecting balls and launching them. Though a trough switch problem shouldn't cause the machine to actually launch the balls. When you say you saw the machine start player 1 ball 3 and make sounds, what kind of sounds? Why would it play gameplay sounds if the ball wasn't in play? We need more details. Is there an audit menu you can look at that will give you more evidence of what was going on during that time? It may not be that helpful since you didn't have a snapshot of the audits before walking away from the machine. Did you see the score before turning it off?

#3 7 years ago

The sounds we heard from the kitchen were the balls in play. I finished my ball two and her ball two was in the shooter lane ready for her go when I walked away to get her. When we got to the machine after hearing the noises, there were three balls in play in a multi-ball (literally bouncing around the pf) - though I'm not sure which mult-ball. The noises we heard were the various bumpers, slings, etc being hit while the balls were in play.

I simply continued playing where it had started. We were really not sure which player it was on since the multi-ball display wouldn't show the player/ball until it ended. Once I drained the last ball, it popped a ball into the shooter lane for player 1 ball 3.

We haven't seen any issue with switch or optos. I played a couple games afterwards with no issues. It was all very weird.

#4 7 years ago

There is sometimes a setting on WPC games where it kicks the ball out of the shooter lane if it sits there to long. That's my guess as to what happened. Then it just luckily got multiball..

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

There is sometimes a setting on WPC games where it kicks the ball out of the shooter lane if it sits there to long. That's my guess as to what happened. Then it just luckily got multiball..

Batman forever does this too. It will shoot the ball after a few minutes if you abandon the game.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

kicks the ball out of the shooter lane if it sits there to long.

We've left a ball in the shooter lane much longer waiting for a next player before and since. Beside the "Player X, you're up!" nag, its never been impatient enough to shoot the ball before. I even let it set longer at player 1 ball 3 just to see if it would do it again, but it didn't.

I looked thru diags and couldn't find any alerts, bad switches, etc.

#7 7 years ago

The only logical explanation is that you have a poltergeist at your home.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

no problem....just wish they'd setup a player 3 rather than taking ms wizz'z turn.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from wizzardz:

no problem....just wish they'd setup a player 3 rather than taking ms wizz'z turn

lol.

#10 7 years ago

Time to call in Kris Williams of Ghost Hunters International!

164157_181361758549309_146691328683019.jpg

#11 7 years ago

Ok so you know the game was in some multiball mode as opposed to normal play. If that's the case that eliminates any ball trough errors. But of course it might still be possible that your wife had multiball lit at the end of her first ball. But if the ball wouldn't launch on its own in that amount of time, then multiball being lit or not is irrelevant. But even if the ball would be fired because of a timeout, it seems unlikely that the ball's path straight out of the shooter lane would hit a target/switch that starts it.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

+1...
    His name is Ted,
    And he wants a sandwich...

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

+1...
    His name is Ted,
    And he wants a sandwich...

Make that +2. Make sure there's bacon in it.

#14 7 years ago

I don't think it's inconceivable that if it DID kick out for some reason, it managed to dribble into the black suit lock out of the bumpers. Of course it has been a while since I played it.

#15 7 years ago

Haunted House.

#16 7 years ago

I want some bacon.

#17 7 years ago

I want some bacon.

Kevin Bacon? There's your explanation right there.

Hollowman.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 41.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 7.95
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 100.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 149.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 49.99
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Latenight Weeknight Mods
    $ 263.55
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside