Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by OTTOgd
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Spirit.a.Go.Go_Sept2017-b (resized).jpg
    Spirit.a.Go.Go_Sept2017-a (resized).jpg
    Spirit.a.Go.Go_Sept2017-c (resized).jpg
    5a8876686766f36a4b52adf5b6bf914ff66c761d (resized).jpg
    SPIRIT A GOGO A4 (resized).jpg
    2017-09-29_07h01_08 (resized).png
    lineup_15spirit.jpg
    scorecard.jpg
    tshirt_front.jpg
    DSC03092 (resized).JPG
    DSC03090b (resized).JPG
    DSC03094 (resized).JPG
    DSC3092b (resized).jpg
    Klassic_Arcade_20.jpg
    IMG_4620 (resized).JPG
    rob.jpg
    There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from noflip95:

Hello,
    I'm just back from the BGS (Bourgogne Game Show) and want to share some pictures of this event.
    From an original idea of Jean-René, this year, the main theme of this meetting was "SPIRIT A GOGO".
    Many years ago, Jean-René help Steve to re-import some SPIRIT from France to the US.
    As you can see, we have still some of them here.

Wow. Awesome.

#52 6 years ago

Here are some more pictures from the show in France that Pascal & Jean-René were nice enough to share with me. RIP Steve.

Brad

tshirt_front.jpgtshirt_front.jpg

scorecard.jpgscorecard.jpg

lineup_15spirit.jpglineup_15spirit.jpg

#53 6 years ago

Wow super cool love it!!

#54 6 years ago

That is an awesome tribute to Steve!! How many Spirits did you guys have there? I'm counting at least 12??

Phoebe

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

That is an awesome tribute to Steve!! How many Spirits did you guys have there? I'm counting at least 12??
    Phoebe

More ! In fact, Jean-René managed to collect 15 of them.
    Obviously, in the lot some were not really in good condition (what a shame!).
    2017-09-29_07h01_08 (resized).png2017-09-29_07h01_08 (resized).png
    While I was playing on a decent Spirit, my brother was trying the one on left, who did not have the right legs in the back ! And without the good slope, the pinball machine was really soft and slow (and still, we had added shims to enhance it a little).

I even saw one that did not have the animated backglass ! But, as JRK said: "if I had asked 'in good condition', I would have barely 5! "
    Fortunately, there was more than that which was playable.

#56 6 years ago

Hello guys,
    Apologizes for the time to post something here about this great Sept 23-24 weekend we had in Memory of Steve ...
    (after 5 hours drive back to home in my truck on sunday night , I was again very busy at work the whole week !)

Anyway, this "Spirit-A-Go-Go" event , kindly hosted by "Bourgogne Game Show" was quite a great success among Pinball Collectors and casual visitors alike;
    Sometime in June, when my friend Pascal Janin and I decided to go for it , I figured this should not be any problem to gather at least 25 SPIRIT ....even more if we wanted .... The reality proved I was very optimistic ... Even after contacting , calling personaly a bunch of Spirit Owners that I know out there , I could only decide 17 of them to bring their game for good to the Show for the 2 days.

Unfortunately , 2 of them had to cancel their trip for serious personal reasons ; so we ended up with ***ONLY*** 15 games aligned.
    ==> This is NOT a lot !... not at all ... if you consider total the number of Spirits floating around here in France .... Steve had managed to gather 7 or 8 of these RARE GEMS in the US , and we could hardly get 15 ***only**** !... we did not do so good....

Well ... NoFlip95 is kind of right, some of the games were not exactly "near mint" , and arrived with some mechanical and electronics issues ... also, 2 of them came with wrong rear legs ... but I would say they were all in good shape overall ... ===> Hey !.... at least the guys made the efforts to bring their game to the Show !..... So of course this was my duty to fix them , helped /supported by an other enthusiast Collector (petit curieux) .
    On Sunday I was glad I had pretty much pulled the HELL OUT these games (helped by Steve supervising me from above our heads I guess ?) .

I did not shoot many pix , however I made this (nice ?) footage early in morning on sunday, before doors opened to public =

Please read the Text till the end ! ....

Take care

JR

#57 6 years ago

what a beautiful tribute. Steve is looking down and smiling.

#58 6 years ago

Special thanks to Pascal and Jean René for this tribute to Steve ^^

SPIRIT A GOGO A4 (resized).jpgSPIRIT A GOGO A4 (resized).jpg

#59 6 years ago

Any of these t-shirts left? And wouldn't mind shipping to the Toronto, Canada area?

Please note that I've been a wannabe CARGPB for years!

5a8876686766f36a4b52adf5b6bf914ff66c761d (resized).jpg5a8876686766f36a4b52adf5b6bf914ff66c761d (resized).jpg

#60 6 years ago

Hello Canadian Spirit Fan !... You may contact my friend Pascal Janin ; I believe there are still a few T-Shirts available ....

JR

#61 6 years ago

That's so wonderful! I'd love to get one as well.

Quoted from OTTOgd:

Any of these t-shirts left? And wouldn't mind shipping to the Toronto, Canada area?
    Please note that I've been a wannabe CARGPB for years!

#62 6 years ago

Hello all ,
    Yes, I think Pascal Janin, still has a few T-Shirts available , just contact him using this email adr = [email protected]

Good to know there will be parcels of our Show with Steve face (and Spirit) which will live in the US and Canada for many many years again

JR

1 month later
    #63 6 years ago

Received my t-shirt in the mail today! Awesome. Amazing dedication.

There's stuff on the tee's back too!

Thanks, Pascal and JR!

Spirit.a.Go.Go_Sept2017-b (resized).jpgSpirit.a.Go.Go_Sept2017-b (resized).jpg
    Spirit.a.Go.Go_Sept2017-c (resized).jpgSpirit.a.Go.Go_Sept2017-c (resized).jpg
    Spirit.a.Go.Go_Sept2017-a (resized).jpgSpirit.a.Go.Go_Sept2017-a (resized).jpg

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-spirit-of-steve-charland-poster-or-print/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.