Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by OTTOgd
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Spirit.a.Go.Go_Sept2017-b (resized).jpg
    Spirit.a.Go.Go_Sept2017-a (resized).jpg
    Spirit.a.Go.Go_Sept2017-c (resized).jpg
    5a8876686766f36a4b52adf5b6bf914ff66c761d (resized).jpg
    SPIRIT A GOGO A4 (resized).jpg
    2017-09-29_07h01_08 (resized).png
    lineup_15spirit.jpg
    scorecard.jpg
    tshirt_front.jpg
    DSC03092 (resized).JPG
    DSC03090b (resized).JPG
    DSC03094 (resized).JPG
    DSC3092b (resized).jpg
    Klassic_Arcade_20.jpg
    IMG_4620 (resized).JPG
    rob.jpg

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

This thread is another that touches upon the memory of Steve Charland. My son Christian had the idea last week about a print or poster for others to remember him. I thought it was a good idea and touched base with Cliffy who had me reach out to Steve's daughter Amber to get her thoughts on it. In the end, we worked with them and Steve Tsubota, who was responsible for the iconic picture of Steve with the Spirit machines at Pin-A-Go-Go. I loved the idea of using that image to remember Steve and possibly have it in game rooms all over the world.

Two versions are available as seen below, one is a 20" x 30" poster and the other is a 8" x 12" print seen with a 8.5" x 11" piece of white paper to show scale. The original resolution of the image lends itself to the smaller size print but the poster looks good as well. The poster/print will be available for pickup at Texas Pinball Festival, Pinball at the Zoo, and Pin-A-Go-Go as I'll be attending all three shows and they can also be shipped. If interested, please complete the Google Form below to assist me in regards to quantities and details:

https://goo.gl/forms/p986GZf6xRpsGLwm2

All proceeds from sales will go to the Charland family. Thank you for your interest and feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Sincerely,
    Brad Czernik (CARGPB #22)

spirit_of_steve.jpgspirit_of_steve.jpg

#2 7 years ago

Ordered. Thank you for doing this

#3 7 years ago

Great work sir! will be sure to pick one up!

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Ordered. Thank you for doing this

Quoted from practicalsteve:

Great work sir! will be sure to pick one up!

Thank you both! Here is a close-up picture of the 'SPIRIT' wording on the poster, it is slightly darker on the print.

Brad

SPIRIT.jpgSPIRIT.jpg

#5 7 years ago

Thanks for doing this. Order placed.

#6 7 years ago

Really awesome of you to do this Brad. If you need a place to park them at shows for folks to pick up, I'd be honored to have them in my booth.

Could even offer them at my booth at shows that I'll attend that you won't, if it will help.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Really awesome of you to do this Brad. If you need a place to park them at shows for folks to pick up, I'd be honored to have them in my booth.
    Could even offer them at my booth at shows that I'll attend that you won't, if it will help.
    --
    Rob Anthony

Thank you for the offer Rob, it is appreciated! I sent you an email and let's see about talking at TPF. Thanks again.

Brad

#8 7 years ago

Looking forward to seeing you at the show Brad.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#9 7 years ago

Ordered.

Awesome, thanks.

#10 7 years ago

Didn't know him personally, but definitely benefitted indirectly from what he gave to the community in many ways. When I saw this photo in a thread the other day I was kind of blown away - it should be in the "post your best pinball pics here" thread as well. Such a great shot. Just placed an order, it will be awesome to have his spirt watching over my game room from one of the walls - probably near my Alien Star, a game him and I both own and have high scores on.

#11 6 years ago

This is just an update that Christian and I are now in Texas. If anyone would like to pickup a poster or print there, please complete the form:

And let me thank everyone for their public and private support.

Brad

#12 6 years ago

Ordered and a bump. Thank you for doing this for Steve's family.

#13 6 years ago

also looking forward to meeting you at PAGG, I have family in Naperville Il, so it would be nice to meet you.

#14 6 years ago

also looking forward to meeting you at PAGG, I have family in Naperville Il, so it would be nice to meet you.

Thanks for the positive comments and order, both are appreciated. I look forward to catching up with you as well!

Brad

#15 6 years ago

Ordered. Thank you for doing this.

#16 6 years ago

This is awesome! Order placed. It'll be an honor to have such a cool pic/memory of Steve on my gameroom wall.

Todd

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Ordered. Thank you for doing this.

Quoted from TG:

This is awesome! Order placed. It'll be an honor to have such a cool pic/memory of Steve on my gameroom wall.
    Todd

Thank you both, my son Christian and I were happy to work with everyone to make it available. You will both receive an email from me soon with details.

Brad

#18 6 years ago

I want to thank Rob Anthony and Taro for having the prints and posters of Steve at the Pinball Classics booth here at TPF.

Brad

20170324_153412.jpg20170324_153412.jpg

20170324_153401.jpg20170324_153401.jpg

#19 6 years ago

I wanted to thank Brad for making the posters (They look great!!) and for rushing it to me in order to be able to do the tribute with (our fellow Cincy groups members Mark Combs') Spirit pin. It's awesome of Brad to do this in honor of Steve while helping out the family at the same time. Here are a couple pics of the tribute poster that we have at the Ohio show. Steve's Spirit (resized).jpgSteve's Spirit (resized).jpg I got a pic of two of Steve's fellow CARGPBs myself (CARGPB #38) and CARRGPB #30 Mark Salas with the poster.
    CARPGPB (resized).jpgCARPGPB (resized).jpg

Thoughts are with Steve's family!
    RIP brother!!
    Phoebe

#21 6 years ago

Very cool,You did great with this so I had to order.
    Thanks again
    -Mike

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I wanted to thank Brad for making the posters (They look great!!) and for rushing it to me in order to be able to do the tribute with (our fellow Cincy groups members Mark Combs') Spirit pin. It's awesome of Brad to do this in honor of Steve while helping out the family at the same time. Here are a couple pics of the tribute poster that we have at the Ohio show. I got a pic of two of Steve's fellow CARGPBs myself (CARGPB #38) and CARRGPB #30 Mark Salas with the poster.

Thoughts are with Steve's family!
    RIP brother!!
    Phoebe

amazing work everyone!

Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Very cool,You did great with this so I had to order.
    Thanks again
    -Mike

Thank you all! I was excited to hear about the Ohio Show and happy to see what I could do for both of you.

Brad

#23 6 years ago

Wow, really great of you. Any idea how long these will be available? I'd like some time to think over which size I would like and also prep my funds, but also don't want to miss out on it. Thanks!

Otaku

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

which size I would like and also prep my funds

I'll front you the money so you don't miss out on this!
    -Mike

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Wow, really great of you. Any idea how long these will be available? I'd like some time to think over which size I would like and also prep my funds, but also don't want to miss out on it. Thanks!
    Otaku

There is no 'cutoff' date per say, as I want everyone who'd like one to be able to get one as well as continue to raise some money for the Charland family. Please just complete the form when you're ready and I'll take care of things. Thanks.

Brad

#26 6 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for the continued support and positive comments, it is absolutely appreciated. All orders to be shipped have been sent at this time, so please let me know if there are any issues as all should receive their posters/prints by this weekend. Thanks again.

Brad

#27 6 years ago

jellikit got my print in perfect packaging.Thanks for this,very good of you.
    -Mike

#28 6 years ago

I filled out google form to order via mail
    the large poster.
    Wondering how to pay?
    Are you sending paypal request (invoice) for funds
    via email i provided on google form?
    Nothing popped up in mailbox yet.
    I will wait a few more hours.
    cheers and thanks
    Tom

#29 6 years ago

IMG_7085 (resized).JPGIMG_7085 (resized).JPG

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

I filled out google form to order via mail
    the large poster.
    Wondering how to pay?
    Are you sending paypal request (invoice) for funds
    via email i provided on google form?
    Nothing popped up in mailbox yet.
    I will wait a few more hours.
    cheers and thanks
    Tom

Tom, sorry I missed your post in this thread, although I know we've had direct communication I did want to follow-up here as well. Anyone who completes the form will receive an email with payment instructions. Thanks.

And I would like to also thank pinster68 for sharing the picture of his framed print. It makes me feel great to know that Steve will be remembered in people's game rooms, garages, arcades, bars, or anywhere else! I want to thank everyone who has supported this project in any way, it is absolutely appreciated. And I look forward to presenting the proceeds to the Charland Family next month at PAGG. Thanks again!

Brad

#31 6 years ago

Unfinished stairs into the unfinished basement ... but Steve's up!

He was awesome pin support. Gotta get that Rocky he tried to help me with playing!

Thanks again for the awesome print.

Steve.Charland_Spirit_20170423_103635 (resized).jpgSteve.Charland_Spirit_20170423_103635 (resized).jpg

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from OTTOgd:

Unfinished stairs into the unfinished basement ... but Steve's up!
    He was awesome pin support. Gotta get that Rocky he tried to help me with playing!
    Thanks again for the awesome print.

Thank you for sharing and your support for the Charland Family, it is appreciated. My best to you Kev, take care my friend!

Brad

1 week later
    #33 6 years ago

I would like to thank Pascal Janin from FLIPPP! (http://www.flippp.fr) and Jean-René for their support all the way from France! Below you can see Pascal with a poster from a package he just received. He let me know he is disappointed he can't be at PAGG as he'd like to join everyone, so maybe we can all have a drink on his behalf!

And for anyone going to PAGG who is interested in a poster or print but hasn't completed the Google Form, here it is again:

I look forward to meeting up with many people at PAGG and being able to present a check to the Charland Family. Thanks again Pascal and Jean-René, it is appreciated!

Brad

pascal.jpgpascal.jpg

#34 6 years ago

Good stuff! Steve always spoke so highly of Pascal so this is really lovely to see.

#35 6 years ago

Good stuff! Steve always spoke so highly of Pascal so this is really lovely to see.

And the feeling is definitely mutual, as Pascal reached out to me (and Cliffy) when he heard about the project. We all know that Steve's assistance and friendship was felt all over the world. I have been fortunate to witness this firsthand over the past month and a half.

Brad

#36 6 years ago

I was still able to get a print! Thanks Brad

Its so nice to put a face to an internet friend great picture above with Pascal!

2 weeks later
    #37 6 years ago

I really like that now when you do a google image search of Spirit Pinball Steve Charland pops up

steve spirit (resized).jpgsteve spirit (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
    #38 6 years ago

I wanted to provide a post-PAGG follow-up to this thread. First off, it was absolutely awesome to meet the Charland family and so many pinball friends that were at the show. A number of prints and posters were sold/delivered at the show, helping to ensure Steve will be in even more homes, garages, game rooms, bars, wherever! As of last week the net proceeds from sales were $356.11 and a check was sent to Cathy Charland. Both posters and prints are still available for anyone interested, feel free to contact me. Also, if you are plan to go to any pinball shows look for Rob Anthony (Pinball Classics), he has both posters and prints available as well. Thanks again, the pinball 'family' is a great collection of personalities that while often dysfunctional come together to assist others, which is awesome. And I had to include a pictures of me (which I rarely take and usually hate) with three longtime pinball friends - Rob, Cliffy, and Chris.

Brad

chris.jpgchris.jpg

cliffy.jpgcliffy.jpg

rob.jpgrob.jpg

#39 6 years ago

Thanks so much for doing this and helping the family

#40 6 years ago

Thanks so much for doing this and helping the family

Thank you and everyone else out there for your assistance, it has and is appreciated! And let me say I can't believe how many Steve's are involved in pinball out in Northern California! Now if I can just keep them all straight...

Brad

#41 6 years ago

Finally got mine up

IMG_4620 (resized).JPGIMG_4620 (resized).JPG

#42 6 years ago

Finally got mine up

Looks great Steve! It makes me so happy to see framed pictures of Steve going up all over the world!

Brad

1 month later
    #43 6 years ago

It's been a month since my last post and it was time for an update. During Pinball at the Zoo I caught up with Kevin Ketchum who purchased a copy of Steve's poster with the intent of having it on display at his new arcade, Klassic Arcade 2.0 in Gobles, Michigan. I loved the idea of Steve's image above a row of pinball machines at his new arcade. And now that it has opened, I wanted to share the picture below. It is quite fitting...

Brad

Klassic_Arcade_20.jpgKlassic_Arcade_20.jpg

2 months later
    #45 6 years ago

And here is a pre-EXPO BUMP for Spirit of Steve Charland prints and posters. As of now, I am thinking I can have them available for pickup at the show between October 13-15th. As before, the proceeds from any sales will go to the Charland Family. Here is a link to the form to complete if you are interested:

Thanks again for all the support, it is appreciated.

Brad

#46 6 years ago

And as hard as it is to believe, it was a year ago next month that I grabbed a number of people at Expo to record the video below for Steve. I share it again, as the good feelings extended to him ranging from TheKorn to Ed Robertson (Barenaked Ladies) is just a reminder of how special this "hobby" truly is.

RIP Steve.

Brad

#47 6 years ago

Great to watch again, and if I didn't mention at the time thanks for taking the time to make it. He's in my heart always.

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

Great to watch again, and if I didn't mention at the time thanks for taking the time to make it. He's in my heart always.

Thanks, I think of Steve and his family quite a bit. I wanted to give an opportunity to those who might not have seen either the video or order form to have a chance. He will always be missed and remembered.

Brad

1 week later
    #49 6 years ago

Hello,

I'm just back from the BGS (Bourgogne Game Show) and want to share some pictures of this event.
    From an original idea of Jean-René, this year, the main theme of this meetting was "SPIRIT A GOGO".
    Many years ago, Jean-René help Steve to re-import some SPIRIT from France to the US.
    As you can see, we have still some of them here.

DSC3092b (resized).jpgDSC3092b (resized).jpg

DSC03094 (resized).JPGDSC03094 (resized).JPG

DSC03090b (resized).JPGDSC03090b (resized).JPG

DSC03092 (resized).JPGDSC03092 (resized).JPG

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from noflip95:

Hello,
    I'm just back from the BGS (Bourgogne Game Show) and want to share some pictures of this event.
    From an original idea of Jean-René, this year, the main theme of this meetting was "SPIRIT A GOGO".
    Many years ago, Jean-René help Steve to re-import some SPIRIT from France to the US.
    As you can see, we have still some of them here.

Thanks for sharing, simply awesome.

Brad

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-spirit-of-steve-charland-poster-or-print and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.