Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6CC38BDC-0971-4E7F-B3F0-5C30FEE3BF32 (resized).jpeg
rg_playfield (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DennisK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

For iTunes, you must provide your artwork at a certain size and your feed must be 'iTunes-compliant', which basically boils down to some extra tags that no other application uses. I'm not sure if Soundcloud provides those or not, but most likely they do. Your feed only contains one episode, however.

Yes, the category placement and such can be handled from SoundCloud if you go to Settings under the "..." in the upper-right and under the Content tab (same spot as where you turn on the RSS feed). You can handle the podcast description write-up under Profile (just choose to Edit it and place your write-up in the Bio box). Display Name (same section) for podcast name, and your profile image will be your podcast image which iTunes should be fine with if 1400x1400 minimum.

I think all that will square you away with iTunes. I did not originally host with SoundCloud, but I'm there now, and when turning off my old feed sourcing and switching things over that's what seems to handle things under the SoundCloud platform (I used to directly write the feed settings via Feedburner, which is an option but if you plan to stick with SoundCloud no reason to change your RSS feed).

I also use Podcast Addict. RSS search found your feed (just shows the latest episode). I've subscribed and will give it a listen on my drive home.

Don't forget to report your podcast to the definitive list on this site, it's a directory of pinball-related podcasts: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/definitive-pinside-pinball-podcast-list

#29 7 years ago

Oh, if you want to add the older episodes to the RSS, I think all you need to do is choose to Edit each individual track that is missing (so episodes 1 through 3), choose the Permissions tab, and sort of in the upper-right is a check box for Include in RSS feed. Check that and save it, should be good to go.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

I'm working on that. Bear with me I'm learning about this stuff as I go.

It's easy to end up closing the track edit window rather than saving, since SoundCloud does that weird pop-up style thing.

Edit Track -> Permissions -> Checkmark on "Include in RSS feed" -> Scroll down and choose Save (at least on my screen I have to scroll to get there)

Also, I'd recommend checking the "Enable downloads" box (it's also on the Permissions tab). Some people who visit SoundCloud like to listen offline and using this will let them download the whole audio file. Doesn't seem to come up much with RSS feed use (at least, I rarely see many downloads of a track, but there have been exceptions).

#42 6 years ago

I downloaded Ep. 5 just fine via RSS. Seemed that the sound sync was off for most of it, however (in the sense that one speaker was talking over the other and there was a gap of silence at other times). Almost like each voice was a track, but one track had some time cut from it so it didn't line up anymore.

#44 6 years ago

Yeah, those sound issues can weigh one down. Worst thing I ever had happen was I released an episode and one of the audio tracks had a dishwasher on it. It was LOUD. I was playing back the episode and I couldn't figure out how I made such a big mistake... then I remembered that I did my edits and THEN standardized the audio volume (whereas normally I'd get my audio levels balanced and then edit the tracks). So I couldn't hear it originally but the sound got boosted in post-production but after I'd gone through everything.

Never made that mistake again. I think I re-uploaded that one three different times as I kept refining it more and more to make it better. Still had some people ask me what in the world was in the background (since the RSS feed went live a lot of people got to listen to my original, Cascade-laden version in all its scrubbing glory).

Good news for you is if the voices are on separate tracks is it'll at least be an easy fix.

1 month later
#64 6 years ago

Nice job on Episode 7, I really enjoyed it.

1 month later
#71 6 years ago

Don't know if I'd say better, but some other thoughts. Nitro Ground Shaker if set up hard can be pretty entertaining. I think one of you honorably mentioned Grand Prix (I hope meaning the Williams 1976 one, if not then that's the one *I* mean), I'd have probably stuck it in my Top 10 proper.

1 month later
#83 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

"Fact or Fantasy" is a fun addition.

Concur, it's one of the best implementations of a on-air podcast game I think I've heard.

5 months later
#95 6 years ago

Do ya'll record via Zencastr?

#97 6 years ago

Yeah, I had to switch off due to the sync. They did release a newsletter saying it relates to system resources. Supposedly, if EVERYONE uses the latest version of Chrome, then the recording gets separate resources from the rest of the work (the displays, waveforms, etc.). But everyone in the session must use Chrome, no other browser currently supports whatever feature they are exploiting.

A couple other suggestions (both accessible in the upper-right, what looks like a gear with a speaker in it):

If anyone is being distracted because they hear their own voice, they can go under there and disable the Monitor option.

Second, if you notice that the audio seems to fade out due to multiple people talking, this is due to echo cancellation. Go in and turn that off also (shouldn't need it if wearing headsets to stop audio bleed back into the mics), and you'll get a lot cleaner audio when everyone talks at once.

Main alternative I've used is just Skype with a recording tool. I don't like it nearly as much, Zencastr does seem to get better audio balance out of the gate, but that sync issue is a killer (it did seem much better when I did the latest episode).

Anyway, just some thoughts. Enjoyed the show!

3 weeks later
#104 6 years ago

5) Tri Zone
4) Firepower
3) Pinbot
2) Attack from Mars
1) Star Trek (Stern)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 34.95
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 7.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DennisK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-spinner-is-lit-pinball-podcast?tu=DennisK and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.