• 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by gunstarhero
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rg_playfield (resized).jpg

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 4 years ago

Too late! I already listened to the original. Trying to piece it all together kept me on my toes! I had to really pay attention toward the end.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Too late! I already listened to the original. Trying to piece it all together kept me on my toes! I had to really pay attention toward the end.

Yeah, it was a real bear to piece back together properly lol.

1 month later
#55 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

Errr, what Spence means to say is we will be soon. Waiting for Apple to approve us

Always jumping the gun aren't I?

I'm just excited about a new episode man.and my cohost who is a righteous dude.

#56 4 years ago

Good news, we were approved by Apple today and our show is now available on iTunes!

#57 4 years ago

Good news, we were approved by Apple today and our show is now available on iTunes!

YEAH!

#58 4 years ago

Awesome! Been waiting to get it via iTunes... Looking forward to checking out all 6 episodes!

-Steve

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

Awesome! Been waiting to get it via iTunes... Looking forward to checking out all 6 episodes!
-Steve

Right now only 4,5,and six are up. Will have 1,2,3 up by next week.

1 week later
#60 4 years ago

https://slack-redir.net/link?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.soundcloud.com%2Fthespinnerislit%2F&v=3

new link to the shows.
new cohost who is a member here.

new episode coming next week.

more surprises to come.

We are now on I tunes and episodes 2 and 3 have been added.

Thanks for your support.

1 week later
#62 4 years ago

What my dear brother and technologically challenged co-host means to post is this: https://soundcloud.com/thespinnerislit/episode7

Enjoy!

#63 4 years ago

What my dear brother and technologically challenged co-host means to post is this: https://soundcloud.com/thespinnerislit/episode7
Enjoy!

I'm 2 steps above the Amish.

#64 4 years ago

Nice job on Episode 7, I really enjoyed it.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

Nice job on Episode 7, I really enjoyed it.

Thank you.

3 weeks later
#67 4 years ago

I like how you have all the pre-planned segments. Keeps things popping.
-mof

3 weeks later
#68 4 years ago

Looking forward to being on the next show buddy!

#70 4 years ago

Anybody got a better top 10 sport themed pinball list they wanna share?

#71 4 years ago

Don't know if I'd say better, but some other thoughts. Nitro Ground Shaker if set up hard can be pretty entertaining. I think one of you honorably mentioned Grand Prix (I hope meaning the Williams 1976 one, if not then that's the one *I* mean), I'd have probably stuck it in my Top 10 proper.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

Don't know if I'd say better, but some other thoughts. Nitro Ground Shaker if set up hard can be pretty entertaining. I think one of you honorably mentioned Grand Prix (I hope meaning the Williams 1976 one, if not then that's the one *I* mean), I'd have probably stuck it in my Top 10 proper.

Yeah, def the Williams Grand Prix EM. Love the double spinner and double bonus ladders.

#73 4 years ago

1. Fish tales
2. BMX (since Hardbody isn't a sport)
3. Hot Doggin
4. Radical
5. Bobby Orr Power Play
6. Harlem Globetrotters
7. World Cup Soccer 94
8. No Fear
9. Laser Cue
10. Eight ball Deluxe

#74 4 years ago

Popeye. Popeye and bluto always fight. It's a sport.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Popeye. Popeye and bluto always fight. It's a sport.

Buzzer, disqualified! Two people fighting are doing just that, fighting...not sporting.

#76 4 years ago

Never had to thumbs down you before MrGone

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Never had to thumbs down you before MrGone

My not so good attempt at humor.

Back to the drawing board.

#78 4 years ago

Haters gonna hate.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

My not so good attempt at humor.
Back to the drawing board.

It's ok MrGone, not every one can do humor

1 week later
#80 4 years ago

Loved the last episode and story picking up a STTNG - funny stuff.- have that fella back on again soon!
The podcast is gaining focus and episode 9 was best yet.
FWIW, thank you for doing them and keep it up!

3 weeks later
#81 4 years ago

New episode dropped!!!

On this week's episode, Practical Steve joins us to discuss his love of all things pinball and his journey into the hobby. We discuss the news of the day and highlight some upcoming shows: Expo, White Rose Gameroom Show, and the Houston Arcade Expo. We also get sentimental and review a beloved classic, Williams Rollergames. We learn that both Spencer and Practical Steve are willing to flip flop when passionately pushed for answers during our first installment of "Fact or Fantasy" and we wrap up with a "Top 10" reveal of some of our most loved EM titles.

https://soundcloud.com/thespinnerislit/episode10

rg_playfield (resized).jpg

#82 4 years ago

"Fact or Fantasy" is a fun addition.
+1
-mof

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

"Fact or Fantasy" is a fun addition.

Concur, it's one of the best implementations of a on-air podcast game I think I've heard.

#84 4 years ago

Listened to about half of it so far... feels amazingly similar to league nite, just while driving and not playing pin, lol.

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

Concur, it's one of the best implementations of a on-air podcast game I think I've heard.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. We really enjoyed playing it!

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Listened to about half of it so far... feels amazingly similar to league nite, just while driving and not playing pin, lol.

Yeah, that's exactly the tone Spencer has always aimed for. Just a group of folks talking about what they love and arguing over the silliest little things.

2 months later
1 week later
#89 3 years ago

Episode 9 shows up twice in your feed. Once three months ago and once eight days ago.

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Episode 9 shows up twice in your feed. Once three months ago and once eight days ago.

Technical difficulties.

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

So nice enjoy it twice!

#92 3 years ago

It's the Justin episode so I dunno... once might be enough. Hahahaha, loveyameanit.

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

So nice enjoy it twice!

I did! Wasn't even sure it was a repeat until the pinball outside on the balcony/move pool table/spiral staircase story came on. If I had seen that staircase...
Me: Does the machine have to come down that staircase?
Owner: Yes
Me: No thanks. Bye.

It never gets to that point anyway, I ask about location/stairs etc. before I bother going to inspect it.

3 months later
#95 3 years ago

Do ya'll record via Zencastr?

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

Do ya'll record via Zencastr?

Yes. I'm currently looking for other programs.
Zencastr having issues with sync.

#97 3 years ago

Yeah, I had to switch off due to the sync. They did release a newsletter saying it relates to system resources. Supposedly, if EVERYONE uses the latest version of Chrome, then the recording gets separate resources from the rest of the work (the displays, waveforms, etc.). But everyone in the session must use Chrome, no other browser currently supports whatever feature they are exploiting.

A couple other suggestions (both accessible in the upper-right, what looks like a gear with a speaker in it):

If anyone is being distracted because they hear their own voice, they can go under there and disable the Monitor option.

Second, if you notice that the audio seems to fade out due to multiple people talking, this is due to echo cancellation. Go in and turn that off also (shouldn't need it if wearing headsets to stop audio bleed back into the mics), and you'll get a lot cleaner audio when everyone talks at once.

Main alternative I've used is just Skype with a recording tool. I don't like it nearly as much, Zencastr does seem to get better audio balance out of the gate, but that sync issue is a killer (it did seem much better when I did the latest episode).

Anyway, just some thoughts. Enjoyed the show!

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

Yeah, I had to switch off due to the sync. They did release a newsletter saying it relates to system resources. Supposedly, if EVERYONE uses the latest version of Chrome, then the recording gets separate resources from the rest of the work (the displays, waveforms, etc.). But everyone in the session must use Chrome, no other browser currently supports whatever feature they are exploiting.
A couple other suggestions (both accessible in the upper-right, what looks like a gear with a speaker in it):
If anyone is being distracted because they hear their own voice, they can go under there and disable the Monitor option.
Second, if you notice that the audio seems to fade out due to multiple people talking, this is due to echo cancellation. Go in and turn that off also (shouldn't need it if wearing headsets to stop audio bleed back into the mics), and you'll get a lot cleaner audio when everyone talks at once.
Main alternative I've used is just Skype with a recording tool. I don't like it nearly as much, Zencastr does seem to get better audio balance out of the gate, but that sync issue is a killer (it did seem much better when I did the latest episode).
Anyway, just some thoughts. Enjoyed the show!

Yes! Thank you for the tips. I'm going to experiment with some options soon.

3 weeks later
#99 3 years ago

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boy and Girls...Episode 13 has now been recorded and is now in post production. Lots of new equipment and I am back in the engineer seat, so we are setting a high quality bar for 2018!

While the finishing touches are being worked on, I have a question for our listeners. What is your top 5 favorite science fiction themed pins? Ranked 1 thru 5.

#100 3 years ago

Episode 13 is now posted!

https://soundcloud.com/thespinnerislit/episode13

Episode 13: Reno or Bust by The Spinner Is Lit Pinball Podcast

Spencer and Seth sit down and talk all things Reno Pinball with Mark Skoff. We dive deeper into the upcoming Golden State Pinball Festival and debate top 5 best science fiction pins of all time. Fact or Fantasy is back, will Spencer get his first win!?!?

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside