Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6CC38BDC-0971-4E7F-B3F0-5C30FEE3BF32 (resized).jpeg
rg_playfield (resized).jpg
There are 162 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 7 years ago

Well, after talking about it for years I finally put out my first pinball podcast.

here it is folks. let me know what you think.

https://soundcloud.com/spencer-clingan/the-spinner-is-lit-pinball-podcastepisode-1

#2 7 years ago

Cool man...I'll check it out... ...........Joey

#3 7 years ago

Can't wait to give it a listen

#4 7 years ago

Good job Spencer! Looking forward to hearing more!

#5 7 years ago

Do you have an RSS feed for the podcast?

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

Do you have an RSS feed for the podcast?

Google "soundcloud to rss", it will convert any soundcloud page to rss

#7 7 years ago

Gave it a listen. Nice first podcast. Looking forward to hearing the next one.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Google "soundcloud to rss", it will convert any soundcloud page to rss

I tried that, but doesn't seem to be working for me.

Compare a working soundcloud RSS as converted:
http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:264836867/sounds.rss

vs. what I am getting with spinner is lit (spencer-clingan) as converted:
http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:294671560/sounds.rss
There are no <item> tags (e.g. episodes) in spencer's rss.

Also - I could be doing this wrong

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

I tried that, but doesn't seem to be working for me.
Compare a working soundcloud RSS as converted:
http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:264836867/sounds.rss
vs. what I am getting with spinner is lit (spencer-clingan) as converted:
http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:294671560/sounds.rss
There are no <item> tags (e.g. episodes) in spencer's rss.
Also - I could be doing this wrong

In fairness I am still learning about all this as I go. You should see improvements coming soon and other options on listening. Thank you all for your support.

#10 7 years ago

Looks like you can choose to add an upload to your RSS feed or not. Perhaps this can help: http://podcasting.help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/2161801-adding-tracks-to-your-rss-feed

Thank you for podcasting!!!!!!

1 week later
#12 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

episode 2 is lit.

Cool topic tonight. Always appreciate learning new things from a pro...
-mof

#13 7 years ago

Episode 2 is an interview with cabinet maker Chris Bannister on pinball cabinet repairs and restoration.

1 week later
#14 7 years ago

https://soundcloud.com/spencer-clingan/2017-04-02-t06-18-59pm-thespinnerislit-0h27m34s-2

Episode 3 is up on soundcloud. how to start and run a league for fun.
With ccpl, capital corridor pinball league members Adam Preszler and Michael Hosier.

1 week later
#17 7 years ago

Thanks for the podcast Spencer.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Thanks for the podcast Spencer.

Thank you for listening. I hope you enjoy the show. I'm still learning as I go. The show is not very polished but I think people like the content of the show.

#19 7 years ago

Does soundcloud allow you to download episodes as a mp3 to file
to listen to later.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

to listen to later.

I'm not sure. I have contacted Acast and stitcher to get the show on those sites and I'm working on getting it on I tunes.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

to listen to later.

With the rss feed mrgone provided, you can download and listen through a podcast app. I use Podcast Addict.

#22 7 years ago

I've added to Pocket Casts, which is the app I use. I'm looking forward to listening tonight.

For iTunes, you must provide your artwork at a certain size and your feed must be 'iTunes-compliant', which basically boils down to some extra tags that no other application uses. I'm not sure if Soundcloud provides those or not, but most likely they do. Your feed only contains one episode, however.

For my shows, iTunes took about a week to approve. Once approved, you're added to the directory and then never have to mess with it again. Ensure that your shows are flagged appropriately regarding the explicit tag.

I think they've loosened up now, but not too long ago, you had to submit a new show through iTunes. Now I think they offer a web-based way to do it.

#23 7 years ago

Thank you sparky.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

With the rss feed mrgone provided, you can download and listen through a podcast app. I use Podcast Addict.

I am fairly computer and app illiterate
and have no luck with rss feeds
also wish i could fast Forward or rewind
cause if i accidentally close the window while listening
i have to listen all over from the beginning,
so i missed the last 5 minutes of the last episode.

anyway i enjoyed what i was able to listen to.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I am fairly computer and app illiterate
and have no luck with rss feeds
also wish i could fast Forward or rewind
cause if i accidentally close the window while listening
i have to listen all over from the beginning,
so i missed the last 5 minutes of the last episode.
anyway i enjoyed what i was able to listen to.

I'm right there with you. I just go to sound cloud. Type in the search for what I want to hear and hit the episode I want then click the play arrow. If you want to fast forward you can move the needle on the time line forward.
Try it out Whalen you have free time.

#26 6 years ago

The rss only has the most recent episode. All of them are shown on the Soundcloud podcast page at https://m.soundcloud.com/spencer-clingan

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

For iTunes, you must provide your artwork at a certain size and your feed must be 'iTunes-compliant', which basically boils down to some extra tags that no other application uses. I'm not sure if Soundcloud provides those or not, but most likely they do. Your feed only contains one episode, however.

Yes, the category placement and such can be handled from SoundCloud if you go to Settings under the "..." in the upper-right and under the Content tab (same spot as where you turn on the RSS feed). You can handle the podcast description write-up under Profile (just choose to Edit it and place your write-up in the Bio box). Display Name (same section) for podcast name, and your profile image will be your podcast image which iTunes should be fine with if 1400x1400 minimum.

I think all that will square you away with iTunes. I did not originally host with SoundCloud, but I'm there now, and when turning off my old feed sourcing and switching things over that's what seems to handle things under the SoundCloud platform (I used to directly write the feed settings via Feedburner, which is an option but if you plan to stick with SoundCloud no reason to change your RSS feed).

I also use Podcast Addict. RSS search found your feed (just shows the latest episode). I've subscribed and will give it a listen on my drive home.

Don't forget to report your podcast to the definitive list on this site, it's a directory of pinball-related podcasts: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/definitive-pinside-pinball-podcast-list

#28 6 years ago

Thanks for providing the rss feed. While the feed only includes episode 4, I suspect future episodes will be in the feed, thus automatically filling our podcast clients.

Thanks for the podcast!

#29 6 years ago

Oh, if you want to add the older episodes to the RSS, I think all you need to do is choose to Edit each individual track that is missing (so episodes 1 through 3), choose the Permissions tab, and sort of in the upper-right is a check box for Include in RSS feed. Check that and save it, should be good to go.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

If you want to fast forward you can move the needle on the time line forward.

The FF (moving the needle on timeline) does not seem to work for me (on Chrome),
Went to IE browser, log into soundcloud and now i am able to move the needle forward; weird?!?!

#31 6 years ago

Audio quality needs a little work. Sounds a bit underwater, the guests seem to sound much better though.

Nice Pin A go go spotlight. Thanks for remembering and mentioning Steve. It's a shame I was never able to work it out to go.
Especially with the Gottlieb spirit collection.
I will be forever missing him.

#32 6 years ago

all episodes are now set up for rss feed.

or should be if I did this right.

#33 6 years ago

Episodes 1 and 4 are on Acast. 2 and 3 are not. Not sure why.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

all episodes are now set up for rss feed.
or should be if I did this right.

Only episode 4 shows up for me using the RSS you posted above.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Only episode 4 shows up for me using the RSS you posted above.

I'm working on that. Bear with me I'm learning about this stuff as I go.

#36 6 years ago

fun podcast. I have followed and will keep listening on soundcloud

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

I'm working on that. Bear with me I'm learning about this stuff as I go.

It's easy to end up closing the track edit window rather than saving, since SoundCloud does that weird pop-up style thing.

Edit Track -> Permissions -> Checkmark on "Include in RSS feed" -> Scroll down and choose Save (at least on my screen I have to scroll to get there)

Also, I'd recommend checking the "Enable downloads" box (it's also on the Permissions tab). Some people who visit SoundCloud like to listen offline and using this will let them download the whole audio file. Doesn't seem to come up much with RSS feed use (at least, I rarely see many downloads of a track, but there have been exceptions).

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

Also, I'd recommend checking the "Enable downloads" box (it's also on the Permissions tab). Some people who visit SoundCloud like to listen offline and using this will let them download the whole audio file.

This would help me listen more easily and often.

#41 6 years ago

The feed is working. Ep 5 showed up on my phone today.

#42 6 years ago

I downloaded Ep. 5 just fine via RSS. Seemed that the sound sync was off for most of it, however (in the sense that one speaker was talking over the other and there was a gap of silence at other times). Almost like each voice was a track, but one track had some time cut from it so it didn't line up anymore.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

I downloaded Ep. 5 just fine via RSS. Seemed that the sound sync was off for most of it, however (in the sense that one speaker was talking over the other and there was a gap of silence at other times). Almost like each voice was a track, but one track had some time cut from it so it didn't line up anymore.

Yup, I can't fix it until tonight as I'm working out of town. Sorry for the terrible mix. I listened on the drive this morning. It's a mess.now all I can think of is getting it fixed,

#44 6 years ago

Yeah, those sound issues can weigh one down. Worst thing I ever had happen was I released an episode and one of the audio tracks had a dishwasher on it. It was LOUD. I was playing back the episode and I couldn't figure out how I made such a big mistake... then I remembered that I did my edits and THEN standardized the audio volume (whereas normally I'd get my audio levels balanced and then edit the tracks). So I couldn't hear it originally but the sound got boosted in post-production but after I'd gone through everything.

Never made that mistake again. I think I re-uploaded that one three different times as I kept refining it more and more to make it better. Still had some people ask me what in the world was in the background (since the RSS feed went live a lot of people got to listen to my original, Cascade-laden version in all its scrubbing glory).

Good news for you is if the voices are on separate tracks is it'll at least be an easy fix.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

Yeah, those sound issues can weigh one down. Worst thing I ever had happen was I released an episode and one of the audio tracks had a dishwasher on it. It was LOUD. I was playing back the episode and I couldn't figure out how I made such a big mistake... then I remembered that I did my edits and THEN standardized the audio volume (whereas normally I'd get my audio levels balanced and then edit the tracks). So I couldn't hear it originally but the sound got boosted in post-production but after I'd gone through everything.
Never made that mistake again. I think I re-uploaded that one three different times as I kept refining it more and more to make it better. Still had some people ask me what in the world was in the background (since the RSS feed went live a lot of people got to listen to my original, Cascade-laden version in all its scrubbing glory).
Good news for you is if the voices are on separate tracks is it'll at least be an easy fix.

Thank you. The tracks are recorded separately and mixed in post recording. I should be able to fix it tonight.

#46 6 years ago

Seth's sound quality is great, Spencer's sounds compressed and I can hear a lot of artifacts in his voice.

#47 6 years ago

I have top men working on the mixing glitch as we speak.

Who, might you ask? TOP MEN.

#48 6 years ago

Will this be on apple iTunes podcasts?

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Will this be on apple iTunes podcasts?

yes. very soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 162 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-spinner-is-lit-pinball-podcast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.