image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
photo_(2)_(resized).JPG

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

Here is the plan. If a large enough group of us can commit and agree on buying a Spiderman we can create a collector's club buying group for discounts.

#2 8 years ago

Not going to happen... ever....

#3 8 years ago

Dude your clueless on what you think Stern charges its distributors for games and how many games they sell. You would never get a large enough group together even if all pinsiders interested in this title purchased their games via this route. Your not going to get something like this to happen when your looking to get games at a substantially reduced rate at what their distributors pay. Why would they cut their distributors at their knees?

You clearly want the game and so does so many other people, if you can't afford it or don't think the 6k is worth it than don't buy it. The only way Stern may ever reduce their pricing is if people stop buying the titles completely.

#4 8 years ago

Is today April 1st?

#5 8 years ago

IMVE wasnt $4800... what makes anyone think they can get SMVE for less?

#6 8 years ago

So you want to become a distributor selling games for a loss?

#7 8 years ago

NO way SMVE will ever go out the door at under $6000 IMHO... I am guessing a good guy deal will be in the $6400 range.

#8 8 years ago

This is going to be an epic thread.

#9 8 years ago

so people are selling 8 yr old HUO SMs for 5500 and you want a NIB game for less? yeah.

#10 8 years ago

I realize its a complicated bargain but I wonder what volume would make stern reconsider the price hike. If 50-100 people were In I would have to think there is a distributor that would request special pricing and do the deal on a smaller margin. I was all in at $4600 I am out at $6k. I guess we all have our thresholds for entertainment expenses.

#11 8 years ago

Seriously?! $4,800 I'll take two..

#12 8 years ago

This has to be a joke.... one big troll. There is no way you could be serious.

#13 8 years ago

Kaneda just started a "Try to be more positive" thread.....lol

#14 8 years ago

I love how the crazy discussion threads like GOT art or Spidey price create a bunch of BS threads like this and Kaneda's. Fun reading.

#15 8 years ago

Phase 1: Steal Underpants.
Phase 2: ???
Phase 3: Profit!

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

a bunch of BS threads like this and Kaneda's.

Since I put him on ignore Pinside has become enjoyable again.

#17 8 years ago

Is this $4800 delivered or picked up? I need to decide how many I want.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Uh yea it was. I paid $4800 delivered to my door

#19 8 years ago

At $4,800, I am in.

Make it happen.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Since I put him on ignore Pinside has become enjoyable again.

I like looking at car wrecks. *shrugs*

#21 8 years ago

Dude, Stern and Mexicans have the same image of us...........we all are millionaires with fields of trees in our yard to harvest money.

#22 8 years ago

At $4800 I'm in. If this is serious. If not, IBTL

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

I realize its a complicated bargain but I wonder what volume would make stern reconsider the price hike. If 50-100 people were In I would have to think there is a distributor that would request special pricing and do the deal on a smaller margin. I was all in at $4600 I am out at $6k. I guess we all have our thresholds for entertainment expenses.

What price do you think distributors are getting them for? In most cases they are only making a couple of hundred $ of each game. Why would anyone agree to this when they can just wait and 70 of the 100 people will buy it anyway and they make a ton more money and do not have to deal with BS like this.

#25 8 years ago

250K for 50 games doesn't seem like a bad deal to me.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

What price do you think distributors are getting them for? In most cases they are only making a couple of hundred $ of each game. Why would anyone agree to this when they can just wait and 70 of the 100 people will buy it anyway and they make a ton more money and do not have to deal with BS like this.

If distros are only making a couple hundred per game for the most part, I commend them for what they are doing because I don't see how it is worth it to them. Shows they truly love the hobby and what they do. Good on them.

#27 8 years ago

I'm in!

#28 8 years ago

L O L

#29 8 years ago

No thanks, I have no problem having someone make a living supplying us with Pins.

#30 8 years ago

Group buys have been successful in the past, but I doubt the discount would be this steep. Having said that...if a distributor cut a half a million dollar PO to stern, I'm sure they'd be willing to do something. Hell..selling 60 machines a year makes you platinum right? No dog in this fight, just sayin.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

I bought mine NIB from the last run for less than that...

#32 8 years ago

I ll play at $4800 shipped to border of Canada. I will easily pay the rest to my door. Heck even $5000 to the Canadian border and I'm in

#33 8 years ago

I'm in at $5100

#34 8 years ago

I think at 5500 a lot of us would be in, anything higher and there are just better choices for that money

#35 8 years ago

Can I please listen in when you call Gary with this idea? Pretty please?!?!??!

#36 8 years ago

Isn't payment due when placing the order?
Good luck with that

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

Here is the plan. If a large enough group of us can commit and agree on a reasonable price for Spiderman VE. We can pool our buying power and request a bulk buy discount from Stern. The goal is to get SM VE at $4800. This is also be a way to notify stern of what the market is willing to pay.
Phase 1. Post to the group if you are a serious buyer and interested.
Phase 2. I will contact some suppliers and see who wants to work our bulk deal for us.
Phase 3. Pay Up & Enjoy your NIB stern.
I need to investigate the best way to do shipping at this time. But I will see what group discounts I can get on that as well. Lets limit this to North America (US/Canada). Who is in?

You're gonna need more buyers. Don't think 3 is gonna do it!

Man this pin is horrible. Blech!

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Can I please listen in when you call Gary with this idea? Pretty please?!?!??!

No because you aren't a committed buyer. You are the ultimate "tire kicker". Unless you forgot about the whole Tron offer ordeal?

#39 8 years ago

Sure! I'll play. $4800, you got a deal.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I bought mine NIB from the last run for less than that...

wow you got ripped - i paid 3700 delivered with a BJ on my IMve

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

wow you got ripped - i paid 3700 delivered with a BJ on my IMve

I got paid $3700 to take an IMVE and Robert Downey Jr delivered it himself. Scarlett and Gwyneth came over after and helped me unbox it... naked of course

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

I got paid $3700 to take an IMVE and Robert Downey Jr delivered it himself. Scarlett and Gwyneth came over after and helped me unbox it... naked of course

pics or it.........

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Phase 1: Steal Underpants.
Phase 2: ???
Phase 3: Profit!

Time to go to work, Work all day, We need underpants hey!
We won't stop until we have underpants!
Yum tum yummy tum tay!

#44 8 years ago

I think you are overestimating the margin on these machines.

Normally, modern companies try to price their product on what customers are willing to pay for it. The difference between what people are willing to pay and what it costs to make is the profit. This works very well if you have a very good model of the demand. Think Apple iPhones.

But in a small market like pinball machines, I suspect an older model of pricing applies, which is to take the cost (including capital costs) and add a fixed profit, such as 10%, because it can be so difficult to gauge demand. If true, there is much less wiggle room than you think.

#45 8 years ago

How about if you buy 200 of the original ones. Now THAT would be a custom order! A quick phone call to Sony followed by a quick call to Gary. BAM!

1_-_sony_spidey_(resized).jpg1_-_sony_spidey_(resized).jpg

#46 8 years ago

I have a solution... I will start a new company and everyone can just send me the $4,800. Once I have enough I'll make the bulk purchase for you.

My Paypal email is [email protected].

#47 8 years ago

We can all laugh at this idea. But I'm sure if someone would walk into a distributors with 200 orders they would get a really good deal Not $4800 but still I'd be interested to know what kind of deal that person would get. Or at that point you might just become a distributor LOL.

#48 8 years ago

Most distributors make $1 to a few hundred per machine. This is 100% true, plus any SMALL kickback from stern for larger sales numbers at year end. Again it is a SMALL kick back and you have to sell a lot of games to reach that point.

This has been told numerous times here on Pinside and yet people still believe distributors make a killing off their customers. I believed they made more than they do until I saw actual figures. Stern does well on premium and LE games, but not the margins you guys think. There I have only seen some of the hard figures, but if I had to guess which is what everyone does here on pinside is less than 40%. Which is not great when you have titles that flop or consider the support/warranty end of the games.

#49 8 years ago

Their cost as a distributor is 30-35% of retail. So that equals a dealer cost of roughly $5300. So there is no way they can go to $4800.
Just a semi-educated guess from a former Honda Motorcycle dealership owner.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Their cost as a distributor is 30-35% of retail. So that equals a dealer cost of roughly $5300.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,775 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Zurich, IL
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-spiderman-ve-buying-power-group and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.