Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by harryhoudini
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png

#1 4 days ago

We had developed this mod some time back but when I heard about another mod coming out with similar design we held back, however it seems like that mod hasn't made much movement in a while so I am announcing ours and will release a few pics in the next week.

Our concept is be based around three main "elements":

1. We are producing these in high quality UV cured resin as solid pieces with a glass like finish and clarity. We are testing some unique and new printing and finishing processes which will allow us to produce a product which will sparkle and gleam with the game lighting and integrated mod lighting.

2. The mod will be interactive with the game. We are building out the programming now but the concept is that the EC is lit from inside/under/behind to give a nice warm glow to the whole thing with some sparkle reflection throughout the entire city. When a ball goes past the EC you get a "chasing" effect (configurable) depending on which direction the ball is headed. Possibly we would integrate with the OZ lanes for additional lighting feedback when a lane is lit or both are successfully lit.

3. The design of the city uses the most amount of real estate possible in the back corner and is designed to look very close to the actual EC design from the movie. Each spire is hand designed and we have re-created the EC doors as a main element of the mod, bringing together the far off view of the city along with the closer view of the large doors. The mod is not simply flat against the backboard, it has dimension on all axises. I believe our mod is the largest EC with by far the most depth and dimension.

If you want to get an idea of what the finished color/clarity would be like you can see a similar style material used for our Throne Room mod here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-enhanced-interactive-throne-room-by-pmc

As with the other mods we are producing currently I will announce when ordering is available. As with other mods of this "generation" from us they take a lot of time to produce and finish. Lighting is hand produced and soldered in house, all elements are created by us. A micro controller is included with settings for control of the effects, brightness and color. The mod is completely plug and play with very little needing to be done to install on your game. A durable clear coat is applied to all of our mods to protect from UV fading, prevent dust attraction and to seal all materials from the environment.

I know you all want to see so here is a very preliminary version of what we are creating. This is far from a finished item but overall style, size and placement is fairly close to the prototypes we have produced. The top of the columns are not domed in this render, they will be in the finished. Again this is just an early render, physical part photos will be posted soon.

#2 14 hours ago

Just about there, doing a bit more framing on the doors. Then to wire up the lighting!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside