Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 433 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Doctor6
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

M VINKOUR III FINAL (Small) (resized).JPG
    Most Satisfying (Small) (resized).jpg
    Person Of the Year (Medium) (resized).jpg
    Bowen Art w gradient gray jpg (Medium) (resized).jpg
    scottt danesi final (Medium) (resized).jpg
    WishesII (Medium) (resized).jpg
    MeeSeeks Pinball.gif
    Phoenixii (Medium) (resized).jpg
    10K (Medium) (resized).jpg
    Expo Experience w double ep tag HQ (Medium) (resized).jpg
    never buy another stern2 (Medium) (resized).jpg
    value 2 (Medium) (resized).jpg
    wi splash page (resized).jpg
    Episode 42 Art - V2 final (Medium) (resized).jpg
    70687083_2157881830978911_8377803167953321984_n (resized).jpg
    elvira ep (Medium) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zmeny.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

Great podcast. Always looking forward to the next.

1 week later
    #9 5 years ago

Love ya guys but found myself for the first time screaming at my phone listening to your blasphemous rant on a possible black and white Munsters machine. Still shaking my head on this one.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from kidchrisso:

ZMeny...there is a reason why B&W televisions are no longer in production, CAUSE THEY LOOK LIKE $#!T

What a stupid argument, almost as bad as the car argument Fowler made

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from kidchrisso:

Seems to be a popular subject Meny, enjoy your B&W Beav! OH YEAH!
    [quoted image]

So the effects in the film Sin City were painfully ugly to you guys? I think not. It’s a great artistic technique that deserves to be appreciated in pinball.

2 weeks later
    #47 5 years ago

All I can say is WOW. What a unique and fun episode. Very clever and didn’t see this coming. You guys are killing it!

4 months later
    1 month later
    #241 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

Hello Jason,
    I really enjoy your podcast and appreciate your efforts to entertain and inform us.
    I am somewhat disturbed at Zach’s obvious slap down on your reasons for not buying WW. It was uncalled for, as you have legitimate reasons for not purchasing and I happen to agree with you.
    Zach is first and foremost a salesman and cannot really offer much of an unbiased opinion. But I was very unimpressed with how he treated you during your debate on WW. His points were points made by a sales bully! You always sounded respectful to him, calling him by his first name. He always referred to you by your last, which is a sign of disrespect (Zach will probably say that indicates we are close friends, which is rubbish in a public forum - no one with class does that).
    He just made excuse after excuse to your point of a poorly executed offering from JJP. Your points about its lack of IP and other things were spot on. Zach only poo poo’d everything you said. He used sales bullying techniques quite well to beat you back into your corner. His points about WW touring the chocolate factory are not accurate, as the clips mostly have zero audio and the narrator is just plain annoying, with slot machine music galore. No authentic actual music in the machine and WW is a musical after all! None of the mechs have any correlation to the factory, which was your point and the table feels stripped down, compared to the bar JJP has set on its other offerings. Zach just just did more slap down to your points here, calling you a complainer. This is exactly how politicians label and slap down their opponents. Maybe Zach is better suited to politics?
    Stand up to Zach on your points. They are valid and well thought out. Don’t let Zach treat you this way. He delivered his rebuttal in a somewhat condescending manner and as one that sells JJP offerings, that I get. Zach has chosen in the past to step down from giving reviews because of the conflict of interest and is a wise choice. He no longer is creditable in that arena, if he ever was. He has tippy toed down the wire in the past, giving almost all table offerings an A or B, which is not much in the way of a reliable review after all, him not wanting to offend any manufacturer. As a listener, we cannot rely on much of Zach reviews in regard to critique.
    Please keep up the fun with your broadcast and keep them “Slap Save” instead of Zach’s guest appearance episode of “Slap Down”.
    Yours truly,
    Jim
    PS - Those that say your podcast won’t be around as long as JJP, is just more put down, best to be ignored. When people don’t have a legitimate rebuttal, they attempt putting others down as a last resort.

West, West, West, sit down, breath, I have apparently stirred up something in you, for which I apologize, while also patting myself on the back. I sell pinball machines, I host a podcast and YouTube show,.....I have promised to provide entertainment to this industry. Today you heard me providing an alternate view, aimed to match the strength of arguments coming from one of my best friends. Debate and passion is entertaining, it is pinball, and it is what fueled your comment above. I simply provided you with something you wanted, when you didn’t recognize it at the time.

#280 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ahh real life...so many advantages!

ding ding!

I heard Law sports Pokémon PJs and Smurfs underwear.

#300 4 years ago
    Quoted from bgwilly31:

Zach compared WW to GotG theme integration. Its not like GotG. Gotg has sound with the clips. Voice actors or not theres sound and all the scenes that were funny from the movie are integrated into pinball and the feel of that mode pretty well.
    Also dear lord, Watch the IE pinball stream or the jack Danger stream. The sound package on this game honestly has got to be one of the worst ive seen on any modern game. You must be deaf if you think this sounds good. Im sorry but its that bad. Watch the streams. The sounds are all over the place. its like 6 different sound packages are playing at once.
    Just putting voices to scenes is no where near enough to fix this sound package and theme integration.
    And omg the Boat scene with the song from wonka. In the game Wonkatania Mania. Its awful. Thats arguably the most iconic scene in the movie and what do we get? A scroll of text on the mini screen. With a very LOW Volume wonka singing the song out of tune and out of sync. While being over powered by all of the other Slot machine type noises happening during the mode you can barely even hear the song at all. No clips of them on the boat with the crazy tunnel and lights.
    Zach is wayyyyy off. And you know i love ya Zach. But damn this sound is bad.
    Game is beautiful, everyone ive talked to says the game is fun to shoot. And i believe them. But Bottom line for $10 grand or $13 Grand. The game needs to be hitting on all cylinders. Not just shoot well. And right now Wonka is a run down chevy big block spitting and sputtering on 2 out of its 8 cylinders but the seller is still asking full retail price.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Look out...he'll give you the cruise routine from the end of the podcast.
    Zach, Zach, Zach, Zach, Zach, Zach...you're glib. You don't even know what theme integration is

Quoted from yancy:

It's not even that he's off, his opinion is biased & irrelevant as a distributor. May as well hang it up as a podcaster who reviews games. Some of you guys who've been around forever might recall the old "Jack played it, he likes it!" line back when Jersey Jack was a Stern distributor. Of course he loved every game; he was selling them. Or ask Gary Stern what his favorite game is... whichever one is on the line.

My apologies for attempting to provide pinball content and entertainment. Thought people would enjoy a hearty debate. I suppose I may have been wrong. My work is clearly not welcomed by some. I am passionate and want to give my part for pinball. Hanging up my hat in podcasts, doing a podcast, creating exclusive content, making YouTube videos, giving tutorials, providing info for new hobbyists, you name it, maybe it would be best for me to leave it to the other media our there. Never thought I’d be asked by my peers to not publicly enjoy pinball anymore.

2 months later
    3 months later
    #424 4 years ago

That was gold. It sure which was better hearing Danesi talk about the awesomeness of R&M or hearing you conduct a perfect interview

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zmeny.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-slap-save-pinball-podcast-thread?tu=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.