Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 433 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Doctor6
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

M VINKOUR III FINAL (Small) (resized).JPG
    Most Satisfying (Small) (resized).jpg
    Person Of the Year (Medium) (resized).jpg
    Bowen Art w gradient gray jpg (Medium) (resized).jpg
    scottt danesi final (Medium) (resized).jpg
    WishesII (Medium) (resized).jpg
    MeeSeeks Pinball.gif
    Phoenixii (Medium) (resized).jpg
    10K (Medium) (resized).jpg
    Expo Experience w double ep tag HQ (Medium) (resized).jpg
    never buy another stern2 (Medium) (resized).jpg
    value 2 (Medium) (resized).jpg
    wi splash page (resized).jpg
    Episode 42 Art - V2 final (Medium) (resized).jpg
    70687083_2157881830978911_8377803167953321984_n (resized).jpg
    elvira ep (Medium) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#269 4 years ago

Thought I'd chime in here with my view having had the game about 2 weeks now. I'll preface this with a few caveats. First, there are very few games I don't like, but WOZ (and Dr who) is one of them..woz is beautiful, but I can't get into the game play. Second, cabinet art is very low on my list when evaluating a game, I'm just not into art packages that are barely seen anyway since games are sandwiched between each other.

For Wonka, the sound does not bother me one bit. I too thought it might, but in a home environment, I barely notice it and there is alot of variation in the music and I like how the intensity changes. The callouts are also good for directing shots.

The playfield reminds me of woz in terms of lighting, which is a good thing as woz lighting is about as good as it gets.

The game shoots like dialed in or TZ, also good, and as would be expected for any Pat Lawlor game.The shots are very smooth, there is no clunk and the flow is great.

So, based on these two characteristics, we've got a cross between woz and di.

As for rules and gameplay, there is a lot going on. Still learning the rules, but you can see it's typical jjp depth and variability. It's a fun pin to shoot and has me pushing start over and over, few games do that for me.

Animations on the screen and the amount of detail in terms of game status on the screen are great. The wonkavision basically just shows which side to hit and reveals the awards.

Theme integration is pretty good, but nowhere near as good as the Hobbit. It draws you in, but it's not as immersive as the Hobbit. I'd suggest this is where jjp should focus more for future code, along with better integration of the clips, if possible.

Overall, I think the game is very well done and I am not disappointed with it at all. Sound does not grate on me and artwork doesn't affect me at all (I'd note the quality of the side decals is very good, almost looks like rad cals).

Do not judge the pin based on play at a show. Find one set up in a home and then evaluate. Flipper strength also is not an issue.

#333 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

I'm not really sure that is true any more - with the SE being a very nicely appointed machine at a lower price, and almost as feature rich as the LE, I do think we'll see a lot more SE buyers than usual for JJP products.

i'm an LE buyer (have hobbit LE and POTC LE, had DI LE and Woz RR). I went with the SE because I felt the price gap was too large and at 7500, the standard is a hell of a lot of game. I will likely add a shaker and I had a piece of invisiglass already.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-slap-save-pinball-podcast-thread?tu=lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.