New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 232497)

New: Slap Save Interviews Stern's Mike Vinikour

By SDTMinSTL

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 433 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by jorant
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 70 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

M VINKOUR III FINAL (Small) (resized).JPG
    Most Satisfying (Small) (resized).jpg
    Person Of the Year (Medium) (resized).jpg
    Bowen Art w gradient gray jpg (Medium) (resized).jpg
    scottt danesi final (Medium) (resized).jpg
    WishesII (Medium) (resized).jpg
    MeeSeeks Pinball.gif
    Phoenixii (Medium) (resized).jpg
    10K (Medium) (resized).jpg
    Expo Experience w double ep tag HQ (Medium) (resized).jpg
    never buy another stern2 (Medium) (resized).jpg
    value 2 (Medium) (resized).jpg
    wi splash page (resized).jpg
    Episode 42 Art - V2 final (Medium) (resized).jpg
    70687083_2157881830978911_8377803167953321984_n (resized).jpg
    elvira ep (Medium) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimwe5t.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#232 1 year ago

Hello Jason,

I really enjoy your podcast and appreciate your efforts to entertain and inform us.

I am somewhat disturbed at Zach’s obvious slap down on your reasons for not buying WW. It was uncalled for, as you have legitimate reasons for not purchasing and I happen to agree with you.

Zach is first and foremost a salesman and cannot really offer much of an unbiased opinion. But I was very unimpressed with how he treated you during your debate on WW. His points were points made by a sales bully! You always sounded respectful to him, calling him by his first name. He always referred to you by your last, which is a sign of disrespect (Zach will probably say that indicates we are close friends, which is rubbish in a public forum - no one with class does that).

He just made excuse after excuse to your point of a poorly executed offering from JJP. Your points about its lack of IP and other things were spot on. Zach only poo poo’d everything you said. He used sales bullying techniques quite well to beat you back into your corner. His points about WW touring the chocolate factory are not accurate, as the clips mostly have zero audio and the narrator is just plain annoying, with slot machine music galore. No authentic actual music in the machine and WW is a musical after all! None of the mechs have any correlation to the factory, which was your point and the table feels stripped down, compared to the bar JJP has set on its other offerings. Zach just just did more slap down to your points here, calling you a complainer. This is exactly how politicians label and slap down their opponents. Maybe Zach is better suited to politics?

Stand up to Zach on your points. They are valid and well thought out. Don’t let Zach treat you this way. He delivered his rebuttal in a somewhat condescending manner and as one that sells JJP offerings, that I get. Zach has chosen in the past to step down from giving reviews because of the conflict of interest and is a wise choice. He no longer is creditable in that arena, if he ever was. He has tippy toed down the wire in the past, giving almost all table offerings an A or B, which is not much in the way of a reliable review after all, him not wanting to offend any manufacturer. As a listener, we cannot rely on much of Zach reviews in regard to critique.

Please keep up the fun with your broadcast and keep them “Slap Save” instead of Zach’s guest appearance episode of “Slap Down”.

Yours truly,
    Jim
    PS - Those that say your podcast won’t be around as long as JJP, is just more put down, best to be ignored. When people don’t have a legitimate rebuttal, they attempt putting others down as a last resort.

#245 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

West, West, West, sit down, breath, I have apparently stirred up something in you, for which I apologize, while also patting myself on the back. I sell pinball machines, I host a podcast and YouTube show,.....I have promised to provide entertainment to this industry. Today you heard me providing an alternate view, aimed to match the strength of arguments coming from one of my best friends. Debate and passion is entertaining, it is pinball, and it is what fueled your comment above. I simply provided you with something you wanted, when you didn’t recognize it at the time.

Zachery, I appreciate the comments, with my gun back in the holster and now breathing more slowly again. Yes, I did feel the need to come to the defense of a guy (Artimus) I like hearing on a podcast, because you were good enough to seem to overwhelm him with non-facts, lol. So fair enough, it is pinball passion that got us here. Class act to come and explain. You got me going for sure, as any good politician can do, haha. So all is well. Keep up the fun! Your buddy explained it well too, so maybe it wasn’t as much of a slap down as I originally thought? Looks like a Slap Save after all...

#246 1 year ago

This is what I originally pictured as I listened to you two on the broadcast...

49193B9E-1B2C-4384-9A49-955AB925C1A0 (resized).jpeg
    #266 1 year ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Man. I absolutely love the discussion, and it's great to hear those of you that like it and why.
    Pinball is better when civil conversations happen. My opinion is just that. The more I hear those of you who like it, except Zach, the more I want to play it and let it change my mind. Crazier things have happened.
    Jason

Jason, don’t give into the dark side! Your original reasons are sound. Much better value games are coming!! You’ll regret it if you do!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 87.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 39.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Concealed Art
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 209.99
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 5.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 199.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 28.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 899.00
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimwe5t.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside