Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 433 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Doctor6
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

M VINKOUR III FINAL (Small) (resized).JPG
    Most Satisfying (Small) (resized).jpg
    Person Of the Year (Medium) (resized).jpg
    Bowen Art w gradient gray jpg (Medium) (resized).jpg
    scottt danesi final (Medium) (resized).jpg
    WishesII (Medium) (resized).jpg
    MeeSeeks Pinball.gif
    Phoenixii (Medium) (resized).jpg
    10K (Medium) (resized).jpg
    Expo Experience w double ep tag HQ (Medium) (resized).jpg
    never buy another stern2 (Medium) (resized).jpg
    value 2 (Medium) (resized).jpg
    wi splash page (resized).jpg
    Episode 42 Art - V2 final (Medium) (resized).jpg
    70687083_2157881830978911_8377803167953321984_n (resized).jpg
    elvira ep (Medium) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SheriffBarclay.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#284 4 years ago

Big thanks to zaphX for hosting me and letting me play Wonka. I have had a deposit on CE since release and wanted to play the machine, and we hacked at it for nearly 3 hours.

It shoots like a dream. Ramps are butter. Hitting the upper loop with upper right flipper is very satisfying. I'm an average player and put up some decent games (but nothing great).

The lights are fantastic, particularly the light shows in certain modes.

The little magnets definitely influenced the ball. The left outlane is brutal.

Regarding the callouts and music, it all felt very put together when you stand over the machine and play. I did not get a slot machine vibe at all. Music was not annoying. The volume was turned down lower, but I barely heard the "oompa loompq" sounds in the pops. You really have to be listening, volume of those could properly be boosted some.

Also, I barely noticed the lack of sync with the video clips. You're not watching the screen often. Maybe you would be as you got better?

Amount of UI information on the monitor is very detailed.

The game rocks and was a blast to play. I did feel a little bit like I was progressing through the chocolate factory/immersed, if not linearly like the movie.

Bottom line, if the CE playfield has sweet alternate art on playfield, keeping the CE. If it's just glitter and a different color, switching to LE.

#307 4 years ago

All i know is Zach seems like a genuinely good dude whereas Yancy, well..better left unsaid.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SheriffBarclay.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-slap-save-pinball-podcast-thread?tu=SheriffBarclay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.