Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 433 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Doctor6
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

M VINKOUR III FINAL (Small) (resized).JPG
    Most Satisfying (Small) (resized).jpg
    Person Of the Year (Medium) (resized).jpg
    Bowen Art w gradient gray jpg (Medium) (resized).jpg
    scottt danesi final (Medium) (resized).jpg
    WishesII (Medium) (resized).jpg
    MeeSeeks Pinball.gif
    Phoenixii (Medium) (resized).jpg
    10K (Medium) (resized).jpg
    Expo Experience w double ep tag HQ (Medium) (resized).jpg
    never buy another stern2 (Medium) (resized).jpg
    value 2 (Medium) (resized).jpg
    wi splash page (resized).jpg
    Episode 42 Art - V2 final (Medium) (resized).jpg
    70687083_2157881830978911_8377803167953321984_n (resized).jpg
    elvira ep (Medium) (resized).jpg
    There are 433 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
    #351 4 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

[quoted image]
    In Episode 36 of the Slap Save Pinball Podcast, Matt & Jason discuss the greed in the air surrounding Dutch Pinball, details about the upcoming streaming schedule and we play the popular Name That Pin!
    It's Jason's turn to discpher 1 second long clips of pin sounds and guess the machine. It is agonizing with some trademark complaining, according to Matt. We also dive into our thoughts on flippant flippers trying to make the worst of a bad situation regarding Dutch Pinball and The Big Lebowski. Thanks for joining us!
    FYI: We plan to start the official Slap Save Pinball Stream starting Thursday August 15th at 7:30 PM Central Time. Add us on Twitch to get live updates ( slapsavepinballpodcast ). More details to follow. Swing by, hang with us, have a beer, and lets talk, and play, some pinball.
    -Jason

Episode 36

https://slapsave.podbean.com

#352 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Shoot! That’s golf league night! Lol. I guess i’ll watch live in the fall! Can’t wait. Keep up the great work gentlemen.

No sweat buddy. We will stream over a weekend sometime so you can join us. I'll keep you updated.

#354 4 years ago

Are you guys going to be streaming exclusively from your home base, or are you looking for other locations in the STL area to take the stream on the road?

#355 4 years ago

I hate two things . . .

1.gif1.gif
    #357 4 years ago

Twitch only shows me 30 seconds of video?

#358 4 years ago

great job on the stream guys!

#359 4 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Eager to check it out, but I couldn't find anything more than about 30 seconds of video, just the very begining... Where do we find the rest?

#360 4 years ago
    Quoted from majicman110:

Are you guys going to be streaming exclusively from your home base, or are you looking for other locations in the STL area to take the stream on the road?

Unfortunately, at least starting out, we are going to be sticking to to Fort Fowler. The stream setup we are using isn't very mobile. We made the decision to really focus on making sure the video feed is as HQ as possible, so the mobility suffers some.

We hope, as we grow, that we can get a separate setup that will allow us to also be able to do location streams. Thanks for the interest though!

-Jason

#361 4 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

Eager to check it out, but I couldn't find anything more than about 30 seconds of video, just the very begining... Where do we find the rest?

Hiya Razor. Thanks for asking. We are still so new to Twitch that we have not yet earned Affiliate status that allows you to upload videos (VOD) to our channel, (but we will). For some reason, twitch did not auto capture the last one. As a fail safe (thankfully), I recorded it separately. You will be able to view it on our Youtube page ASAP. I will post the link here sometime tomorrow when it is done. (Saturday, August 18th, 2019)

#362 4 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Thanks Chris!

#363 4 years ago

In case you missed it, our VOD of the last stream is here. We had some technical issues, and the vod is missing a bit, but you can get an idea of the direction we are going and how our stream will be run.

razorsedge

#364 4 years ago

Listen here or in your favorite podcacher: https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/ep-37-a-devil-with-a-cause/
    Devill With A Cause (Medium) (resized).jpgDevill With A Cause (Medium) (resized).jpg
    In episode 37 of the Slap Save Pinball Podcast, Matt and Jason announce their plans to work with Project Pinball to place a pinball machine in a St. Louis Children's Hospital named "Cardinal Glennon" that Jason reveres for it's important role in his past. See the summary below for the details. We also discuss the trials and tribulations of our first stream last week, talk float trips, family trees that model flag poles AND we have a 2016 edition of Flip, Bolt or Torch! We plan to stream Gorgar this week to promote our campaign described below. More details will follow as they become available.

The summary of our plans:

Jason and Matt will be donating all funds from a sale of a very special collector quality/near collector quality Gorgar and many extras to Project Pinball to help fund them placing a machine in a local children's hospital. It will be listed on Pinside and Facebook Marketplace in the next couple of days.

It has a clear coated playfield, beautiful backglass, new flipper mechs and a nearly perfect cabinet. I plan to list it for sale and donate 100% of the proceeds to Project Pinball for the purpose of funding the placement of a new machine in the hospital. I plan on asking 2500K OBO in the hopes that someone is generous enough to offer that, or more, to know that they helped make this happen. We will be asking $2,500 for the Gorgar or better offer. In addition to the great machine you will take home, we plan to:

-Provide a premium framed certificate commemorating the sale of the machine and describing the funding and thanking the purchaser.
    -A public display of the receipt showing the ENTIRE amount and 100% raised for the machine was given DIRECTLY to Project Pinball. (A pure donation, not raffle purchases)
    -A HUGE swag pack of everything I can get my hands on. Right now Stern and Multimorphic are providing Translites, and misc. other Swag that will ALL be included with the machine to help in interest and encourage a generous donation in its sale price. I am working on more. The machine will list very soon!
    -An offer, if the end purchaser desires, to be interviewed by Matt and I on our podcast and thank them personally.
    -Thank yous, repeatedly, to all vendors, manufacturers, media and collectors that either offer something to bundle with the machine, make a donation towards our goal or promote it through mentions or articles.
    -If the buyer wishes to pick up the machine in person, I will put them up in a local hotel, and offer my game room for their use the entire time they are in St. Louis in addition to joining us in person, on a special stream (our stream should be launching this week). In addition, join Matt and I for dinner and drinks. We will pick up the tab.
    -More that has yet to be determined I hope. It will be a helluva deal for $2,500 bucks. I hope so much so, that people quickly make that price laughable.

NOTE: There has been some confusion about the machine being placed in the hospital. Gorgar is NOT being placed in a children's hospital. Gorgar is being SOLD to give the funds to project pinball so they can choose the machine that is appropriate for Cardinal Glennon.

If you would like to help us help some very deserving children take their minds off some of the battles they face, but do not wish to be in the running for Gorgar, please consider a donation, large or small, to Project Pinball. In the memo or notes for you donation, please mention the Slap Save Pinball Podcast campaign or "Cardinal Glennon" so the funds go to this particular machine.
    Need a new pinball machine, or perhaps an Escalera? Make sure you give Zach Meny a call at Flip N' Out pinball, the Premiere Sponsor of the Slap Save Pinball Podcast. The guy is absolutely wrecking it when it comes to service, selection and a willingness to go the extra mile. Contact Zach at 847.778.4876 or via email at [email protected]

As always, you can contact us via:

Email: [email protected]

Facebook: Slap Save Pinball https://www.facebook.com/slapsavepinball/

Automated Voice/comment line: 314.529.1875

Instagram: Slapsavepodcast https://www.instagram.com/slapsavepodcast/

Pinside: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-slap-save-pinball-podcast-thread/

sdtminstl (Jason)

mskoenen (Matt)

Huge thanks to the incredible and ridiculously talented DJ Quads for the beats. Check out his music here. https://soundcloud.com/aka-dj-quads

#365 4 years ago

I just discovered this podcast and LOVE it. You guys are awesome.

#366 4 years ago

Thank you! Much appreciated. Welcome to the fam.

#368 4 years ago

Episode 38 is live! Come join us. Despite the title, there is zero drama. https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/ep-38-blunt-force-drama/

Blunt Force Drama (Medium) (resized).jpgBlunt Force Drama (Medium) (resized).jpg
    #369 4 years ago

live background (resized).jpglive background (resized).jpg
    Tonight, and EVERY Thursday @ 7:30 PM central, Jason, Matt and usually at least one guest, will be streaming some machines that are a little off the beaten path. Tune in to talk some pinball, have some laughs, and maybe a drink or two. Hope to see you then! https://www.twitch.tv/slapsavepinballpodcast

-Jason
    Stream Screenshot for P3 (resized).pngStream Screenshot for P3 (resized).png

#370 4 years ago

Cool. You may want to include a link.

#372 4 years ago
    Quoted from adamross:

Cool. You may want to include a link.

Thanks Chuck. I really have an issue with remembering this. Link added.

#373 4 years ago

Just posted episode 39! Jason and Matt's choices for the 5 best, and 5 worst art packages of all time. Find us in your podcatcher of choice, or listen here: https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/ep-39-top-5-game-art/

Thanks to all of you that take the time to listen!
    Mona Lisa SSPP (Medium) (resized).pngMona Lisa SSPP (Medium) (resized).png

#374 4 years ago

Fathom Stream Promo (resized).pngFathom Stream Promo (resized).png
    Tonight, September 5th, 2019 @ 7:30 PM, we will be talking pinball, having some adult bevs and generally making fools of ourselves. Stop by, say hello, and talk live with the both hosts of one of the most popular pinball podcasts in the galaxy*. Slap Save.

Find us here: https://www.twitch.tv/slapsavepinballpodcast

*Andromeda, of course.

#375 4 years ago

Regarding Devil with a Cause that you can read about in detail above....

Just an update for those interested. Max bid is now at 3k from iceman44

More has been added to the pot. We now have a professional Photo print that was provided from Mohr photography (Mike and his sister, good friends of the show). That photo is below.

Stern swag is in transit I have been told. Multimorphic swag is in hand. LED Litframe is in hand...and it is gorgeous. SO much so that I bought TWO for myself! lol Signed Bettlejuice trans is being drop shipped to the buyer direct from Mr. Franchi.

Spooky donated, countless others have donated, we will be sending all proceeds from our podcast/stream that we have gotten (bits mostly, but some private donations). Thanks to everyone! It has been hard to keep my eyes dry due to the outpouring of support for this cause. Sincerely.

PLEASE NOTE> The auction style format will conclude with the highest bidder being awarded EVERYTHING above and the machine at 12 midnight Tuesday evening. I am only human. Please place any bids you wish to make early enough so that it is accounted for. I want to be as fair as possible to everyone interested.

Thanks so much,
    Jason
    -4778857455490968243 (resized).jpg-4778857455490968243 (resized).jpg

#376 4 years ago

Matt's out this week but Cary Hardy swooped in like a boss and absolutely killed it folks. Join us for Episode 40 of the Slap Save Pinball Podcast: https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/ep-40-our-top-5-shots-in-pinball-w-special-guest-cary-hardy/
    Also, stay tuned this Thursday at 7:30pm Twitch while the SSPP crew streams Indy 500. (find us here: https://www.twitch.tv/slapsavepinballpodcast )
    40 Cary and top 5 final (Medium) (resized).png40 Cary and top 5 final (Medium) (resized).png

#377 4 years ago

I understand it is hard to know what is going on with the auction. Challenges of communicating the current bid is not something I anticipated. I will say this, I am getting offers from all across the country and it has me as emotional as I have ever been. A lot of them are simply because people don't know what the high bid is. I am going to address that here till 12 midnight tonight and on our facebook page on here: https://www.facebook.com/slapsavepinball/photos/a.1759399617493803/2141940539239707/?type=3&theater

It is also the top post of our page for your convenience.

CURRENT High Bid as of 2:07 PM cst is @iceman44 with $3,500! Thank you so much Ice! More are coming in. Make sure you stay tuned here for any developments.

Gorgar splash screen (Medium) (resized).pngGorgar splash screen (Medium) (resized).png
    #378 4 years ago

SIT DOWN FOR THIS ONE!!!!! We have had an offer by a fellow collector, who wishes to remain anonymous, to MATCH the current bid level and possibly MORE as new bids come in AS A DONATION ONLY!!!!!! This is IN ADDITION to the money we are selling the machine for! I just tried to do a cartwheel and busted my #%$ !!!!!!!!. I actually shed some tears, I won't lie.

#379 4 years ago

Ladies and Gentleman, we have a new bid leader for Gorgar and all the accompanying items that will benefit Project Pinball and Cardinal Glennon Childrens Hospital (all amounts in excess of the cost of the machine will simply fund ANOTHER machine for ANOTHER hospital!). PINMANIAC out of Jacksonville has upped the winning bid to $4,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much!

#380 4 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Ladies and Gentleman, we have a new bid leader for Gorgar and all the accompanying items that will benefit Project Pinball and Cardinal Glennon Childrens Hospital (all amounts in excess of the cost of the machine will simply fund ANOTHER machine for ANOTHER hospital!). PINMANIAC out of Jacksonville has upped the winning bid to $4,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much!

This is as of 3:34 pm CST!

#381 4 years ago

Folks, we are now at... $4,500!!!!! Iceman responded and has taken the lead once again. Thanks so much for your support!

#382 4 years ago

And just like that, pinmaniac the man, the myth, the legend, responds with.... $5,000!!!!!!! My mind is blown pinball family. Blown! This is current as of 5:28 pm cst

#383 4 years ago

Let’s bump it up to $5500

#384 4 years ago

Straight from the Texans mouth! Hell yeah guys! Incredible!!!!!

#385 4 years ago

You should reprogram the pin to say “Iceman” instead of “Gorgar”

#386 4 years ago

Great dude and a great cause bump!

#387 4 years ago

how AWESOME!! What an amazing community!!

#388 4 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Straight from the Texans mouth! Hell yeah guys! Incredible!!!!!

Go Iceman! Go Iceman! Go!

https://giphy.com/gifs/betnetworks-bet-death-row-chronicles-WxwQJzfLhUgj3Dv7L6

#389 4 years ago

Whoa. Loving this. Great work everyone!!

#391 4 years ago

Wow! This is nothing short but amazing. This community rocks! GO ICEMAN!!! YOU DA MAN!!!! For realz!!!!!!

#392 4 years ago

Its short. There isn't much to say. I am beyond words folks.

https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/pinball-and-the-people-in-it-are-incredible-heres-proof/

certificate splash page (Medium) (resized).jpgcertificate splash page (Medium) (resized).jpg

#393 4 years ago

The Slap Save Pinball Podcast raised over $11,000 for The Project Pinball Charity! This incredible Charity Campaign will benefit us and our efforts to place free play pinball machines in children's hospitals including SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital!

Thank you to each and every one of you who contributed and followed this awesome fundraiser that Matt and Jason from Slap Save Pinball Podcast did for us!

We are forever grateful for everyone's support and everyone in the St. Louis area and beyond that made this possible!!

#394 4 years ago

Not going to lie but my allergies were bad listening to the latest episode......sniff sniff. Awesome job by all!

#395 4 years ago
    Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Not going to lie but my allergies were bad listening to the latest episode......sniff sniff. Awesome job by all!

No shame in that. We must be allergic to the same things.

#396 4 years ago

SSPP family. Episode 41 is up and running. Elvira and 10 plus tips for new owners!

Find it in your subscribed podcatcher or here: https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/ep-41-elvira-is-coming-10-tips-for-new-pinball-owners/

Oh, and to the gentleman who sent us a passionate voice comment via our hotline about living in a van... um, thank you? Lmao. We get some interesting ones, but that might take the cake so far.

elvira ep (Medium) (resized).jpgelvira ep (Medium) (resized).jpg

#397 4 years ago

Tonight we STREAM! Meteor, the best selling classic Stern, with one of the BEST spinners ever, will be RIPPED.

Speaking of ripped, grab a beer and join us for some live, frank, unedited, sometimes crass, pinball discussion.

7:30pm central sharp! Find it here: https://www.twitch.tv/slapsavepinballpodcast

70687083_2157881830978911_8377803167953321984_n (resized).jpg70687083_2157881830978911_8377803167953321984_n (resized).jpg

#398 4 years ago

Episode 42 is live and we discuss the anatomy of a good game, run through (actually stumble is more like it) Name That Pin AND we have started "Mail Bag"... and no, it has nothing to do with scrotum, contrary to Matt's input. Find it here: https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/ep-42-the-anatomy-of-a-good-game/
    Episode 42 Art - V2 final (Medium) (resized).jpgEpisode 42 Art - V2 final (Medium) (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #399 4 years ago

Wisconsin based pinball fanatics, streamers and all around great guys Ryan Kuiper and Dave Brennan join Matt and I in episode 43! Find it in your favorite podcatcher or here: https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/ep-43-pinballs-other-ground…/

wi splash page (resized).jpgwi splash page (resized).jpg

#400 4 years ago

Value In Pinball? Meh, it's getting more and more questionable. In episode 44 Jason discusses that very topic. Find it in your favorite podcatcher or here: https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/value-in-pinball/

value 2 (Medium) (resized).jpgvalue 2 (Medium) (resized).jpg
    There are 433 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-slap-save-pinball-podcast-thread/page/8?hl=lordhelmet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.