4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 175 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Jimmyhonda
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

94B03D61-D4A2-4DFC-8DDF-031235973FC8 (resized).jpeg
    I love the pinballs (resized).jpg
    Sammy Pinball (Small) (resized).jpg
    Showdown Final Revised (Small) (resized).png
    Album tribute Drk edgesII (Small) (resized).png
    puritan_woman_old (resized).jpg
    20190317_150930 (resized).jpg
    20190314_194123 (resized).jpg
    20190314_191147 (resized).jpg
    20190321_170755 (resized).jpg
    20190318_180643 (resized).jpg
    received_649364025497703 (resized).jpeg
    received_259869718232078 (resized).jpeg
    Slap-Save-Pinball-Podcast-3c_25 (resized).png (© SSP Podcast)
    Slap_Save_Logo_300dpi_25 (resized).png (© SSP Podcast)
    20190307_202617 (resized).jpg

There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 11 days ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I'm hooked.
    Excellent pinball podcast.

Welcome to the family. The more the merrier!

#153 11 days ago

The Superman art looks awesome I love the phone booth.

#154 11 days ago

Things have been...very, very busy around here as of late, and given Franchi's release of his Superman art, and Matt and I getting more comfortable with one another, it makes sense.

I just wanted to welcome anyone who is stopping by to join us every Monday morning for more shenanigans, more hot button topics, more opinions (sometimes dreadfully wrong ones in the case of Matt ), more silly segments, more Sammy and just more of everything.

It is a pleasure to have some many of you tuning in. It has exceeded any expectations I ever dreamed of. Thanks. Sincerely.

-Jason

#155 11 days ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

The Superman art looks awesome I love the phone booth.

Agreed. The newspaper, the DC sticker, the metropolis sticker. All fantastic details in my opinion.

#156 9 days ago

Congrats to the Blues on their winning season and playoffs run so far!
    Gotta say though that Laura Branigan's "Gloria" has to be one of the most lame-ass team songs ever. GOD AWFUL!!!
    Give me the Blackhawks' "Chelsea Dagger" over it every day and twice on Sunday!

#157 9 days ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Congrats to the Blues on their winning season and playoffs run so far!
    Gotta say though that Laura Branigan's "Gloria" has to be one of the most lame-ass team songs ever. GOD AWFUL!!!

As a Vancouver Canucks fan I will never forgive Chicago for what they did to that song. I was on a trip to Dublin when it broke and it was like the theme song to an epic party. Than I had to listen to it every time they scored and it was unfucking bearable.

#158 9 days ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

None taken, NHL is a great franchise that’s where I started my gaming career.

NHL 96 on DOS.
    Enough said.

#159 9 days ago
    Quoted from Swainer80:

NHL 96 on DOS.
    Enough said.

I'm a NHL 94 on Sega man myself.

#160 9 days ago

No mentioning the B-word in our St. Louis-based podcast thread!

#161 9 days ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

As a Vancouver Canucks fan I will never forgive Chicago for what they did to that song. I was on a trip to Dublin when it broke and it was like the theme song to an epic party. Than I had to listen to it every time they scored and it was unfucking bearable.

Well ... they did score a lot in their recent championship years so that's somewhat understandable.

Just imagine if you'd had to listen to Gloria over and over instead though! OMG!!!

#162 6 days ago

https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/ep-25-sammy-i-am-y-stern-vs-jjp-sword-deathmatch/

Early episode this week!

**The Slap Save Pinball Podcast is rated PG-13 by the MPAA (Misguided Pinball A-Holes of America), We are dropping a little early to accommodate a family vacation and our next show will be in 2 weeks (ha, see what I did there?) on or around June 3rd.**

**Note, we erroneously reported Richard's Rhodes name as Rodger. It has since been updated.**

In Episode 25 of the Slap Save Pinball Podcast. Franchi is off this week due to his attendance of the Motor City Comic-Con. Matt and Jason though pick up the "ornate, expensive, slow to get out" sword though and continue the battle. Jason spills the beans on his love of the Big Mouth Billy Bass, sort of. 6XL G Strings, HUGE prize checks, birthday candles on pizza, in-laws, death in no wake zones, corn-holed by pinball. All of this and more lay within these lewd, ridiculous halls of the show. We are glad you decided to join us!

Episode Summary:

1.) Industry happenings

2.) Brief summary of What we have been up to!

3.) Who is Sammy Pinball?

4.) Twilight Review & New Fishtales Showdown

If you would like to show your support of our juvenile behavior that we call a podcast, our online store featuring T-Shirts and other ways you can show you are proud SSPP family is now LIVE! You can find the link on our facebook page, or here: Slap Save Pinball Podcast Merchandise

Sammy Pinball (Small) (resized).jpg
    #163 5 days ago

Love the podcast, but that Sammy Pinball segment was painful to listen to. Ughhhh, it’s funny for 30 seconds but it kept going and going. Everything else was great. I don’t mean to be critical, but you asked for feedback

#164 5 days ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Love the podcast, but that Sammy Pinball segment was painful to listen to. Ughhhh, it’s funny for 30 seconds but it kept going and going. Everything else was great

I love it when he calls in! I laughed my butt off when he was talking about the black knight.

I came newly in for the Franchi segment, but I stayed because of Sammy... and you main guys of course.

That FAQ was a bit different but also entertaining. WITH WEAPONS!

#165 4 days ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Love the podcast, but that Sammy Pinball segment was painful to listen to. Ughhhh, it’s funny for 30 seconds but it kept going and going. Everything else was great. I don’t mean to be critical, but you asked for feedback

Coz. Thanks for the honest feedback. I get it. We think he is hilarious, but then again, we have the sense of humor of 12 year olds. If you thought it was too much, it's safe to say there are others that feel the same.

I am probably guilty of wearing it out a bit. We will give him a rest for a while. Given the majority (at least based on the feedback we get) that like him though, he will be back again at some point if he is so inclined. We will keep it shorter though. Promise.

Thanks. I always appreciate feedback. Good and not so good as well.

-Jason

#166 4 days ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Coz. Thanks for the honest feedback. I get it. We think he is hilarious, but then again, we have the sense of humor of 12 year olds. If you thought it was too much, it's safe to say there are others that feel the same.
    I am probably guilty of wearing it out a bit. We will give him a rest for a while. Given the majority (at least based on the feedback we get) that like him though, he will be back again at some point if he is so inclined. We will keep it shorter though. Promise.
    Thanks. I always appreciate feedback. Good and not so good as well.
    -Jason

Jason, thanks for the reply. I’m sorry to come across negative- I really enjoy the podcast and that’s the only thing I can complain about. Sammy is ok for a quick segment and I know others seem to enjoy it. Keep up the great work

#167 4 days ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

... I am probably guilty of wearing it out a bit. We will give him a rest for a while. Given the majority (at least based on the feedback we get) that like him though, he will be back again at some point if he is so inclined. We will keep it shorter though. Promise. ...

That last Sammy segment was lengthy, but I enjoyed it!

Kind of reminds me of this guy:

I love the pinballs (resized).jpg

#168 2 days ago

That last Sammy segment was lengthy, but I enjoyed it!
    Kind of reminds me of this guy:
    [quoted image]

More like this guy.

94B03D61-D4A2-4DFC-8DDF-031235973FC8 (resized).jpeg
    #169 2 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

More like this guy.[quoted image]

Thanks. I'm going to stick with my Sammy image in my head.

And try to unsee yours.

#170 2 days ago

Thanks. I'm going to stick with my Sammy image in my head.
    And try to unsee yours.

Do you know what my pic is? Sammy pinball sounds EXACTLY like Sol Rosenberg from the jerky boys albums. Loved that stuff in grade school/high school.

#171 2 days ago

Gary vs Jack was hilarious.
    Thank you for that segment it really made my day.
    Very few laugh out loud moments in pinball podcasting but that one sets the bar for me.

#172 2 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do you know what my pic is? Sammy pinball sounds EXACTLY like Sol Rosenberg from the jerky boys albums. Loved that stuff in grade school/high school.

Gotta admit that I do not. Only vaguely familiar with the Jerky Boys too.

Like Sammy, "I love the pinballs!" though.

#173 2 days ago

I think Jerry Lewis is a great comparison and there definitely is some Sol from Jerky boys influence.

Laughing is great for this hobby. We need more of it, especially when it isn't at anyone's expense but his own.

I'm glad "Garys and Jerseys" made up. I was worried there.

#174 2 days ago

Hey fellas, keep up the great work. I will say Sammy Pinball can be very funny, but was a little too much this time. Just my thoughts. Otherwise, stellar show.

#175 1 day ago

To clarify, we hear Franchi and Sammy plenty. We wanna hear more of you guys. That’s why we listen. Thanks for what you do for the hobby.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Boards
    KAHR.US Circuits
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 95.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 14.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 12.50
    $ 6,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Backbox
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside