Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 433 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Doctor6
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

M VINKOUR III FINAL (Small) (resized).JPG
    Most Satisfying (Small) (resized).jpg
    Person Of the Year (Medium) (resized).jpg
    Bowen Art w gradient gray jpg (Medium) (resized).jpg
    scottt danesi final (Medium) (resized).jpg
    WishesII (Medium) (resized).jpg
    MeeSeeks Pinball.gif
    Phoenixii (Medium) (resized).jpg
    10K (Medium) (resized).jpg
    Expo Experience w double ep tag HQ (Medium) (resized).jpg
    never buy another stern2 (Medium) (resized).jpg
    value 2 (Medium) (resized).jpg
    wi splash page (resized).jpg
    Episode 42 Art - V2 final (Medium) (resized).jpg
    70687083_2157881830978911_8377803167953321984_n (resized).jpg
    elvira ep (Medium) (resized).jpg
    There are 433 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.
    #151 4 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I'm hooked.
    Excellent pinball podcast.

Welcome to the family. The more the merrier!

#153 4 years ago

The Superman art looks awesome I love the phone booth.

#154 4 years ago

Things have been...very, very busy around here as of late, and given Franchi's release of his Superman art, and Matt and I getting more comfortable with one another, it makes sense.

I just wanted to welcome anyone who is stopping by to join us every Monday morning for more shenanigans, more hot button topics, more opinions (sometimes dreadfully wrong ones in the case of Matt ), more silly segments, more Sammy and just more of everything.

It is a pleasure to have some many of you tuning in. It has exceeded any expectations I ever dreamed of. Thanks. Sincerely.

-Jason

#155 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

The Superman art looks awesome I love the phone booth.

Agreed. The newspaper, the DC sticker, the metropolis sticker. All fantastic details in my opinion.

#156 4 years ago

Congrats to the Blues on their winning season and playoffs run so far!
    Gotta say though that Laura Branigan's "Gloria" has to be one of the most lame-ass team songs ever. GOD AWFUL!!!
    Give me the Blackhawks' "Chelsea Dagger" over it every day and twice on Sunday!

#157 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Congrats to the Blues on their winning season and playoffs run so far!
    Gotta say though that Laura Branigan's "Gloria" has to be one of the most lame-ass team songs ever. GOD AWFUL!!!

As a Vancouver Canucks fan I will never forgive Chicago for what they did to that song. I was on a trip to Dublin when it broke and it was like the theme song to an epic party. Than I had to listen to it every time they scored and it was unfucking bearable.

#158 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

None taken, NHL is a great franchise that’s where I started my gaming career.

NHL 96 on DOS.
    Enough said.

#159 4 years ago
    Quoted from Swainer80:

NHL 96 on DOS.
    Enough said.

I'm a NHL 94 on Sega man myself.

#160 4 years ago

No mentioning the B-word in our St. Louis-based podcast thread!

#161 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

As a Vancouver Canucks fan I will never forgive Chicago for what they did to that song. I was on a trip to Dublin when it broke and it was like the theme song to an epic party. Than I had to listen to it every time they scored and it was unfucking bearable.

Well ... they did score a lot in their recent championship years so that's somewhat understandable.

Just imagine if you'd had to listen to Gloria over and over instead though! OMG!!!

#162 4 years ago

https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/ep-25-sammy-i-am-y-stern-vs-jjp-sword-deathmatch/

Early episode this week!

**The Slap Save Pinball Podcast is rated PG-13 by the MPAA (Misguided Pinball A-Holes of America), We are dropping a little early to accommodate a family vacation and our next show will be in 2 weeks (ha, see what I did there?) on or around June 3rd.**

**Note, we erroneously reported Richard's Rhodes name as Rodger. It has since been updated.**

In Episode 25 of the Slap Save Pinball Podcast. Franchi is off this week due to his attendance of the Motor City Comic-Con. Matt and Jason though pick up the "ornate, expensive, slow to get out" sword though and continue the battle. Jason spills the beans on his love of the Big Mouth Billy Bass, sort of. 6XL G Strings, HUGE prize checks, birthday candles on pizza, in-laws, death in no wake zones, corn-holed by pinball. All of this and more lay within these lewd, ridiculous halls of the show. We are glad you decided to join us!

Episode Summary:

1.) Industry happenings

2.) Brief summary of What we have been up to!

3.) Who is Sammy Pinball?

4.) Twilight Review & New Fishtales Showdown

If you would like to show your support of our juvenile behavior that we call a podcast, our online store featuring T-Shirts and other ways you can show you are proud SSPP family is now LIVE! You can find the link on our facebook page, or here: Slap Save Pinball Podcast Merchandise

Sammy Pinball (Small) (resized).jpgSammy Pinball (Small) (resized).jpg
    #163 4 years ago

Love the podcast, but that Sammy Pinball segment was painful to listen to. Ughhhh, it’s funny for 30 seconds but it kept going and going. Everything else was great. I don’t mean to be critical, but you asked for feedback

#164 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Love the podcast, but that Sammy Pinball segment was painful to listen to. Ughhhh, it’s funny for 30 seconds but it kept going and going. Everything else was great

I love it when he calls in! I laughed my butt off when he was talking about the black knight.

I came newly in for the Franchi segment, but I stayed because of Sammy... and you main guys of course.

That FAQ was a bit different but also entertaining. WITH WEAPONS!

#165 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Love the podcast, but that Sammy Pinball segment was painful to listen to. Ughhhh, it’s funny for 30 seconds but it kept going and going. Everything else was great. I don’t mean to be critical, but you asked for feedback

Coz. Thanks for the honest feedback. I get it. We think he is hilarious, but then again, we have the sense of humor of 12 year olds. If you thought it was too much, it's safe to say there are others that feel the same.

I am probably guilty of wearing it out a bit. We will give him a rest for a while. Given the majority (at least based on the feedback we get) that like him though, he will be back again at some point if he is so inclined. We will keep it shorter though. Promise.

Thanks. I always appreciate feedback. Good and not so good as well.

-Jason

#166 4 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Coz. Thanks for the honest feedback. I get it. We think he is hilarious, but then again, we have the sense of humor of 12 year olds. If you thought it was too much, it's safe to say there are others that feel the same.
    I am probably guilty of wearing it out a bit. We will give him a rest for a while. Given the majority (at least based on the feedback we get) that like him though, he will be back again at some point if he is so inclined. We will keep it shorter though. Promise.
    Thanks. I always appreciate feedback. Good and not so good as well.
    -Jason

Jason, thanks for the reply. I’m sorry to come across negative- I really enjoy the podcast and that’s the only thing I can complain about. Sammy is ok for a quick segment and I know others seem to enjoy it. Keep up the great work

#167 4 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

... I am probably guilty of wearing it out a bit. We will give him a rest for a while. Given the majority (at least based on the feedback we get) that like him though, he will be back again at some point if he is so inclined. We will keep it shorter though. Promise. ...

That last Sammy segment was lengthy, but I enjoyed it!

Kind of reminds me of this guy:

I love the pinballs (resized).jpgI love the pinballs (resized).jpg

#168 4 years ago

That last Sammy segment was lengthy, but I enjoyed it!
    Kind of reminds me of this guy:
    [quoted image]

More like this guy.

94B03D61-D4A2-4DFC-8DDF-031235973FC8 (resized).jpeg94B03D61-D4A2-4DFC-8DDF-031235973FC8 (resized).jpeg
    #169 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

More like this guy.[quoted image]

Thanks. I'm going to stick with my Sammy image in my head.

And try to unsee yours.

#170 4 years ago

Thanks. I'm going to stick with my Sammy image in my head.
    And try to unsee yours.

Do you know what my pic is? Sammy pinball sounds EXACTLY like Sol Rosenberg from the jerky boys albums. Loved that stuff in grade school/high school.

#171 4 years ago

Gary vs Jack was hilarious.
    Thank you for that segment it really made my day.
    Very few laugh out loud moments in pinball podcasting but that one sets the bar for me.

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do you know what my pic is? Sammy pinball sounds EXACTLY like Sol Rosenberg from the jerky boys albums. Loved that stuff in grade school/high school.

Gotta admit that I do not. Only vaguely familiar with the Jerky Boys too.

Like Sammy, "I love the pinballs!" though.

#173 4 years ago

I think Jerry Lewis is a great comparison and there definitely is some Sol from Jerky boys influence.

Laughing is great for this hobby. We need more of it, especially when it isn't at anyone's expense but his own.

I'm glad "Garys and Jerseys" made up. I was worried there.

#174 4 years ago

Hey fellas, keep up the great work. I will say Sammy Pinball can be very funny, but was a little too much this time. Just my thoughts. Otherwise, stellar show.

#175 4 years ago

To clarify, we hear Franchi and Sammy plenty. We wanna hear more of you guys. That’s why we listen. Thanks for what you do for the hobby.

#176 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

To clarify, we hear Franchi and Sammy plenty. We wanna hear more of you guys. That’s why we listen. Thanks for what you do for the hobby.

Thanks for the feedback! Noted for certain.

1 week later
    #177 4 years ago

https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/ep-26-our-favorites/

Don't call it a comeback, we have been here for...months. In episode 26 we present our FAVORITES. Favorite beginning collector game, modern game, classic game, podcast, youtube show, toppers, toys and more. Shoot us an email and tell us yours! We'd love to hear em. After a brief hiatus, we are back and better than ever. Our morals may still be in the dumpster, but our morale has never been higher! This week it is all Matt and Jason. Franchi is busy, but has promised a new segment next week! Thanks for your listens, your support, and for just joining us on our journey. Pinball. It's what's for dinner. Treat each other well and keep flippin!

Favs (Small) (resized).pngFavs (Small) (resized).png
    #178 4 years ago

Best episode in awhile! The listeners like to hear your opinions. Keep up the great work fellas.
    - Mike P

#180 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Best episode in awhile! The listeners like to hear your opinions. Keep up the great work fellas.
    - Mike P

We have heard the demand for more of us and are flattered. We will do that moving forward.

Thanks Mike!

#181 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Very entertaining guys!

Thank you! Congrats on your huge win in our highly acclaimed award show. Part of that is sarcasm, but it IS well deserved.

#182 4 years ago

After listening to your podcast and joining pinside I’ve been eating how “hard” and “troublesome” the STTNG is... my first machine! Haha glad to hear it’s worth it but man am i worried about this thing!

#183 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheTenderTilt:

After listening to your podcast and joining pinside I’ve been eating how “hard” and “troublesome” the STTNG is... my first machine! Haha glad to hear it’s worth it but man am i worried about this thing!

I may have embellished it a little bit in this episode. It is only slightly more troublesome than any other WPC machine. It just has a lot of features that are prone to malfunctions. The subway system has upkicks and diverters that use opto switches, which can be a little flaky. And the wiring harness for the cannons can be sketchy. Luckily, there's a ton of info on fixing issues specific to that game, so you'll be golden!

#184 4 years ago

Entertaining episode guys!

One question though: Orbiter 1 for best "world under glass"?!

#185 4 years ago

Entertaining episode guys!
    One question though: Orbiter 1 for best "world under glass"?!

Lol. I think he was painting and the fumes over took his cognitive ability.

At least he knew he would take heat for it. He said that before he made the call!

In his defense, I played it safe. I could have thought outside the box more too.

#186 4 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Lol. I think he was painting and the fumes over took his cognitive ability.
    At least he knew he would take heat for it. He said that before he made the call!
    In his defense, I played it safe. I could have thought outside the box more too.

Ah well - to each his own eh? That's what keeps this hobby interesting.

Excellent pick with EBD for "best '75 - '85 classic"!

#187 4 years ago

An update.

This morning, around 12:30am central, we posted a solo segment featuring our podcast contributor Christopher Franchi.

Shortly thereafter, Chris asked us to remove the episode, and he has decided to no longer contribute or provide content for the show. I want to personally thank Chris for the time he was with us, and for the opportunity to work with one of, if not the, most talented artists in pinball and beyond. Both Matt and I wish him the best of luck moving forward and hope to see another Franchi pinball machine sooner than later.

I will not elaborate any further on the subject out of respect for Christopher.

-Jason

#188 4 years ago

Episode 27 is now up! Find it here:
    https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/ep-27-have-cash-will-travel…/
    In episode 27 of the Slap Save Pinball Podcast, Matt and Jason discuss travel for pinball. Why? How far? Issues? Pros/Cons. We also throw in a couple stories and experiences while on the road finding our next gem. We also drop a new Flip, Bolt or Torch 1990 edition! Thanks for joining us on our flippin journey.

Travel (Small) (resized).jpegTravel (Small) (resized).jpeg
    #189 4 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

... Chris asked us to remove the episode, and he has decided to no longer contribute or provide content for the show. ...
    -Jason

I'm not shocked as I wondered how long this arrangement would last. Still ... this is a real bummer; I really enjoyed these Franchi podcasts within a podcast!

1 week later
    #190 4 years ago

Listen here: https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/ep-28-what-it-takes-to-be-an-elite-pinball-player-hands-on-black-knight-sor-thoughts/
    In Episode 28 of the "Drama Free" Slap Save Pinball Podcast Jason and Matt give their thoughts after some significant time with Black Knight SoR in a home environment. We also talk about what it takes to be an elite pinball player, or at least a BETTER one. We also discuss an exciting announcement that will change the way you look at, buy and use pinball toppers. Thanks for jumping aboard the crazy train. Ozzy bit poultry, but we specialize in choking them. No drama though. Not here.

True Final Elite Episode (Small) (resized).jpegTrue Final Elite Episode (Small) (resized).jpeg
    #191 4 years ago

Here's a look at the exquisite LED job I did for Gwumpy2144 's F-14. The pictures don't do it justice, it truly looks like a unicorn took a dump on it. You can tell he's very happy with the result!

f14unicorn1 (resized).jpgf14unicorn1 (resized).jpgf14unicorn2 (resized).jpgf14unicorn2 (resized).jpgf14unicorn3 (resized).jpgf14unicorn3 (resized).jpgmedia-1560703389899-Jun_13_2019_7_51_PM (resized).jpgmedia-1560703389899-Jun_13_2019_7_51_PM (resized).jpg
    #192 4 years ago

The horror show is over and it’s been fixed. Well mostly... I was too lazy to unscrew the plastics and fix the upper GI, so that’ll be green and purple for a little while longer.

#193 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gwumpy2144:

The horror show is over and it’s been fixed. Well mostly... I was too lazy to unscrew the plastics and fix the upper GI, so that’ll be green and purple for a little while longer.

It is a 1 of 1 special edition! How dare you remove ART!

You're a good sport. I'd be planning my revenge as we speak.

1 week later
    #194 4 years ago

https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/ep-29-mistakes-in-pinball-real-pinheads-of-genius-pt-i/

In Ep. 29 of the Slap Save Pinball Podcast Matt and Jason embark on a discussion of mistakes made in pinball. Common ones, ones we have made, they are everywhere. You either make mistakes in pinball, or you lie. We also have some fun with Pinheads of Genius, made in the style of the famous beer commercials that are now making a comeback in slightly different form. We figured, why stop with the internet. Let's do some for OUR hobby and passion. This is the result. We apologize for any hearing damage, as Jason is a podcaster, not a singer. You have been warned, but it was fun, and funny as hell working with Matt to write this. We ALSO have a Flip, Bolt or Torch 1987 edition! Thanks for jumping onboard. Climb out of the basement, grab one of those bendy straws, and LET'S DO THIS!!!!!

-Sir Dip $#&@, "The Ever-virgin"

Mistakes Splash Art PHoG (Small) (resized).jpgMistakes Splash Art PHoG (Small) (resized).jpg
    #195 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

So the effects in the film Sin City were painfully ugly to you guys? I think not. It’s a great artistic technique that deserves to be appreciated in pinball.

I'm actually in Sin City 2, lol, in the pool scene!

1 week later
    #196 4 years ago

https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/ep-30-things-in-pinball-we-do-not-like/

Dislikes enhanced (Small) (resized).jpegDislikes enhanced (Small) (resized).jpeg

In episode 30 of the Slap Save Pinball Podcast we discuss things in the hobby that we do NOT like. Think of this as the sequel to our Favorites episode, only negative and focusing on bad things, because... podcast. From current trends, buyer behavior, manufacturer shenanigans, machines in different categories, we make the rounds! We also task Matt as the first victim of our new segment/game "Name That Pin" that tests him on his pinball music and sound knowledge. The stakes are HIGH! Speaking of high, yes, Matt has once again proclaimed his love of Orbiter 1. "High" is the only logical explanation.

Episode summary:

1.) Brief summary of What we have been up to!

2.) Industry happenings

3.) Things in Pinball We Do NOT Like

4.) Name That Pin! Volume 1

If you would like to show your support of our juvenile behavior that we call a podcast, our online store featuring T-Shirts and other ways you can show you are proud SSPP family is now LIVE! You can find the link on our facebook page, or here: Slap Save Pinball Podcast Merchandise

Need a new pinball machine, or perhaps an Escalera? Make sure you give Zach Meny a call at Flip N' Out pinball, the Premiere Sponsor of the Slap Save Pinball Podcast. The guy is absolutely wrecking it when it comes to service, selection and a willingness to go the extra mile. Contact Zach at 847.778.4876 or via email at [email protected]

As always, you can contact us via:

Email: [email protected]

Facebook: Slap Save Pinball https://www.facebook.com/slapsavepinball/

Automated Voice/comment line: 314.529.1875

Instagram: Slapsavepodcast https://www.instagram.com/slapsavepodcast/

Pinside: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-slap-save-pinball-podcast-thread/

sdtminstl (Jason)

mskoenen (Matt)

Huge thanks to the incredible and ridiculously talented DJ Quads for the beats. Check out his music here. https://soundcloud.com/aka-dj-quads

#197 4 years ago

Jason's choice for "WORST" mod: undercab lighting

Seriously?! Unless it reveals something objectionable underneath the game that otherwise wouldn't be visible, I'm all for it. Tasteful, interactive, undercab lighting enhances the overall gameplay experience - as well as the gameroom environment!

My choice: small plastic figures all over the playfield and/or top of the backbox

#198 4 years ago

My choice: small plastic figures all over the playfield and/or top of the backbox

Do small plastic bottles count?
    In case of emergency break glass!

20190427_191509-1 (resized).jpg20190427_191509-1 (resized).jpg20190427_191537-1 (resized).jpg20190427_191537-1 (resized).jpg20190512_110817 (resized).jpg20190512_110817 (resized).jpg
    #199 4 years ago

Jason's choice for "WORST" mod: undercab lighting
    Seriously?! Unless it reveals something objectionable underneath the game that otherwise wouldn't be visible, I'm all for it. Tasteful, interactive, undercab lighting enhances the overall gameplay experience - as well as the gameroom environment!

I am probably in the minority, but I speak the truth. Never cared for it. I WAS dropped once as a child, so there IS that.

Keep in mind, and I should have explained, we, or at least I, limited our mods to commercially available items that can be purchased. I have seen MUCH worse home brew one off mods, but as far as the above... yep. Not my thing.

#200 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spiderpin:

Do small plastic bottles count?
    In case of emergency break glass![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mod? Not sure.

Resourceful and in my wheel house? You are damn right. It would take one night for those to be the alternate "empty" version in my house.

There are 433 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-slap-save-pinball-podcast-thread/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.