Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 433 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Doctor6
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

M VINKOUR III FINAL (Small) (resized).JPG
    Most Satisfying (Small) (resized).jpg
    Person Of the Year (Medium) (resized).jpg
    Bowen Art w gradient gray jpg (Medium) (resized).jpg
    scottt danesi final (Medium) (resized).jpg
    WishesII (Medium) (resized).jpg
    MeeSeeks Pinball.gif
    Phoenixii (Medium) (resized).jpg
    10K (Medium) (resized).jpg
    Expo Experience w double ep tag HQ (Medium) (resized).jpg
    never buy another stern2 (Medium) (resized).jpg
    value 2 (Medium) (resized).jpg
    wi splash page (resized).jpg
    Episode 42 Art - V2 final (Medium) (resized).jpg
    70687083_2157881830978911_8377803167953321984_n (resized).jpg
    elvira ep (Medium) (resized).jpg
    There are 433 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.
    #1 5 years ago

Hello everyone.

I wanted to announce The Slap Save Pinball Podcast and give anyone who might be interested, some information about who, what, why and when. Myself, and Chris kidchrisso , have recently just posted our 4th episode that discusses the hobby and community that we both have come to focus so much on and enjoy. We are located just outside of St. Louis, MO. We feature shorter episodes (30-45mins max) on a weekly basis, and really keep a fast pace that doesn't take ourselves, or pinball for that matter, too seriously. We are not in this for cash, quasi-fame/notoriety, drama, or any sort of benefit other than sharing our enthusiasm.

As guys who soak up any feedback we can, including keeping tabs on discussions here on pinside about podcasting in the hobby, we are aware that this isn't everyone's "cup of tea." For those of you that despise them, we will never try to shove this down your throat. If you might be one who DOES enjoy podcasts, just know, we would love to have you participate and hopefully have a laugh or two with us. This thread will be the only place we will personally announce, discuss or talk about the podcast. We always welcome constructive criticism and feedback, and there are several options to contact us listed below.

Both Chris and I know that the pinball podcast landscape is crowded with people who have set the bar very, very high and you all have a LOT of great sources for this sort of thing. We respect the hell out of any and all those who provide any sort of contribution to the hobby, podcasting or otherwise, and hope that at some point, we can be an influence to another show down the road, if and when, we have proven ourselves. We wanted to wait to announce it till we had a few episodes established so anyone interested could get an idea of our intended format.

Thanks for reading, and we hope you will consider us on a long commute, sitting on the crapper, or just trying to fill a pinball void you may have. Just don't let the seat hit you in the $*@^ while you are listening on the throne.

-Jason (and Chris)

Podcast: https://slapsave.podbean.com/

Email: [email protected]

Slap Save Pinball Podcast Automated Voice Comment Line: 314.529.1875

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/slapsavepinball

Twitter: https://twitter.com/save_slap

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/slapsavepodcast/
    Latest Slap Save Transparent (resized).pngLatest Slap Save Transparent (resized).png

#2 5 years ago

Just saved you to my favorite. I have listened to all 4 podcast. No toilet lid problem here, does Chris have his game of (throne) set at 6.5 degrees? If so he should level it out. Plus I do hate that you can launch a ball with smart button, but hate it more that it starts my game on free play. Had people over Christmas eve and had Aerosmith started four time by someone leaning on game, while waiting for their turn and watching another game being played. Happy New Year !!!

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spiderpin:

smart button, but hate it more that it starts my game on free play

Change the setting in the menu to disable that feature. I have to disable it everytime I update my Star Wars premium code.

#4 5 years ago

Great podcast. Always looking forward to the next.

#5 5 years ago

I just listened to all four of the Slap Save podcasts today, and really enjoyed them. In my opinion, each episode improved upon the previous. I also could not stop listening today. I love Jason's demeanor, coupled with Chris's rants. A few times Chris pulled Jason over to the dark side, which was awesome.

Great stuff boys - keep it up!

#6 5 years ago

I’ll give it a try.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I’ll give it a try.

Don't get discouraged by Episode one, hang with it, or fast forward a bit through it. Episodes 2-4 are really good, each one building on the last.

#8 5 years ago

Thanks for the kind words! We appreciate each and everyone of you that have given us a shot. We are having a blast doing this.

Episode 5 just just dropped for those that might be interested. https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/ep-5-pinball-sale-deal-breakers-awful-facebook-sellers-and-steve-ritchie-digs-one-of-our-wives/

***Disclaimer***
    Keep refrigerated and consume within 7 days or it will "suck the paint off your house and give your family a permanent orange afro."

#9 5 years ago

Love ya guys but found myself for the first time screaming at my phone listening to your blasphemous rant on a possible black and white Munsters machine. Still shaking my head on this one.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Love ya guys but found myself for the first time screaming at my phone listening to your blasphemous rant on a possible black and white Munsters machine. Still shaking my head on this one.

@ZMeny...there is a reason why B&W televisions are no longer in production, CAUSE THEY LOOK LIKE $#!T

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from kidchrisso:

ZMeny...there is a reason why B&W televisions are no longer in production, CAUSE THEY LOOK LIKE $#!T

What a stupid argument, almost as bad as the car argument Fowler made

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

What a stupid argument, almost as bad as the car argument Fowler made

Seems to be a popular subject Meny, enjoy your B&W Beav! OH YEAH!

beaver (resized).PNGbeaver (resized).PNG
    #13 5 years ago
    Quoted from kidchrisso:

Seems to be a popular subject Meny, enjoy your B&W Beav! OH YEAH!
    [quoted image]

So the effects in the film Sin City were painfully ugly to you guys? I think not. It’s a great artistic technique that deserves to be appreciated in pinball.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

So the effects in the film Sin City were painfully ugly to you guys? I think not. It’s a great artistic technique that deserves to be appreciated in pinball.

Theodore... black & white art in pinball is terrible, Centaur and done....it needs to die hard

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

So the effects in the film Sin City were painfully...

Overrated and haven't aged very well.
    But other than that just dandy

#16 5 years ago

Just listened to my first podcast with you guys

Anytime you can drop a few M fers is a sign of top notch quality

Really good job!

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Thanks Ice...much appreciated!

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Really good job!

Lol. Thank you Ice! Trust me, with Chris around, there is no shortage of expletives that I have to bleep out. I had the pleasure of being in Chicago last night and met up with Ken and Bill of the Special When Lit Podcast and had Ken rolling when I told him I can visually identify the word F@$k in it's waveform from Chris's mouth without even listening. That is no lie.

Zach. I love ya like a brother, but I think you may find yourself in the minority on the pro B&W side. Enjoy your bright orange Camry.

#19 5 years ago

Great show fellas. Curious, can you guys or do you post your podcasts to YouTube? Reason being, every time I listen to your podcast and don’t finish and have to come back to listen to the remainder(wife bitching, kids fighting, etc), it doesn’t save where I left off and I have to search and click on the status line to find where I last left off. On YouTube, it saves where you last left off. I realize YouTube is usually for video, but this feature would make it easier for accessing your podcast. Keep up the great work and keep this m’f$cker going boys!!!

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Great show fellas. Curious, can you guys or do you post your podcasts to YouTube? Reason being, every time I listen to your podcast and don’t finish and have to come back to listen to the remainder(wife bitching, kids fighting, etc), it doesn’t save where I left off and I have to search and click on the status line to find where I last left off. On YouTube, it saves where you last left off. I realize YouTube is usually for video, but this feature would make it easier for accessing your podcast. Keep up the great work and keep this m’f$cker going boys!!!

Most podcasts app should resume as well. If you're an iPhone user you should consider using the default Podcasts app from Apple. It's great. It evens plays back a short segment from where you left of upon resuming if the 'pause' gap is too long.

Is suspect Android also offers a wide variety of quality podcast apps with similar features.

#21 5 years ago

Thanks!!

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Koos:

Is suspect Android also offers a wide variety of quality podcast apps with similar features.

Yes if you use Android and want to try one I suggest Podcast Addict. Its free version is fully featured (paying just eliminates the banner ads) and will remember your progress as well. Pocket Casts is another really popular app on Android (not free but powerful).

#23 5 years ago

I use Pocket Casts on android. Best podcasting app in my opinion, and I've tried a ton of them.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I appreciate the feedback and that is a terrific idea. While a podcatcher app will resume, for those folks who would prefer to use YouTube, it will be uploaded there starting with the next episode. Thank you for the suggestion. -Jason

#25 5 years ago

Just listened to your latest episode- I enjoyed the show, nicely done

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Just listened to your latest episode- I enjoyed the show, nicely done

Coz, thanks for listening and giving us a shot. It is sincerely appreciated.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Coz, thanks for listening and giving us a shot. It is sincerely appreciated.

Just finished listening to all 5 episodes. Great work guys, love the shorter format and enjoyed your take on pinball. Looking forward to what’s next

#28 5 years ago

Just posted Episode 6. This week's release was slightly delayed in an attempt to wait for the Munsters reveal. A sincere thanks to all the people giving us a shot. We are blown away by the early numbers!

Find it here: https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/ep-6-munsters-reveal-our-thoughts-undercabinet-lighting-more-of-the-usual-shenanigans/

We are also available through your podcatcher of choice, Apple and Google.

Jason

#29 5 years ago

Another good episode, keep it going!

#30 5 years ago

Hey fellas, I checked out Beatles today because of your last episode. Wow, what a surprise. Much better than I expected. I’m not sure I would buy one, but man it was fun and pretty challenging. That orbit/loop was super satisfying to hit over and over. The light show and cabinet/playfield art were super impressive.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Hey fellas, I checked out Beatles today because of your last episode. Wow, what a surprise. Much better than I expected. I’m not sure I would buy one, but man it was fun and pretty challenging. That orbit/loop was super satisfying to hit over and over. The light show and cabinet/playfield art were super impressive.

Damn! I've still not been able to try it. I agree about the prospect of buying it, but I'd love to give it a few games.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Damn! I've still not been able to try it. I agree about the prospect of buying it, but I'd love to give it a few games.

Slow down bro...you JUST got Seabitch! baby steps

#33 5 years ago

kidchrisso

Oh I'm not buying it, nor Munsters. I'm awaiting other old fart games. Fingers crossed for Highway to Heaven or Hee Haw.

#34 5 years ago

What are your thoughts on POTC? I actually got a few games on that yesterday too. I wanted to love it. Man, it’s just so crowded. The ramps come down to the middle of the playfield. It feels like there is no room to make and see all your shots. And wow, super complicated. I guess you would learn the rules if you owned it, eventually.

#35 5 years ago

My opinion? It's deep. Too deep for me. The character selection is absurd, the rule set is complicated, which I don't usually mind, but excessively so in this case. The theme is a miss for me as well. It's lack of assets is glaring and it feels dated already to me. It would be like someone releasing a Scream theme now. That ship has sailed, pun intended. I love jjp, and I have played it extensively and it's still a miss for me. I love the Hobbit, when setup well and with the latest code, and I know some people despise it though, so to each his own I suppose.

#36 5 years ago

I just started with episode 6 and I wanted to say great job. Very enjoyable and not overlong with meaningless and boring banter like other podcasts out there.

#37 5 years ago

I enjoy the short, 30 min podcasts you guys put out. Sometimes hour+ podcasts seem like work to listen to. Nice change. Keep up the good work.

#38 5 years ago

Thanks for the listens and the feedback guys. We enjoy the longer podcasts for certain, and listen to them regularly, and they all have their place. We saw a show length that was being ignored though and thought there might be demand for a shorter, succinct show. It seems to be hitting home for more people than we ever anticipated this early in the game.

We may do the occasional double episode if circumstances call for it but we plan on sticking with the 30-45 min length for sure.

#39 5 years ago

Nice job Jason and Chris. The two of you play off of each other really well and it's a very easy listen. I've been enjoying all of your episodes and look forward to each release.

Looking forward to connecting for some beverages SOONER than later.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

Nice job Jason and Chris. The two of you play off of each other really well and it's a very easy listen. I've been enjoying all of your episodes and look forward to each release.
    Looking forward to connecting for some beverages SOONER than later.

Thanks Ken! You guys set the bar high as hell!

Beer. Must. Happen. Soon.

#41 5 years ago

As always everyone, thanks for your continued support. The buzz and feedback we are getting has only fueled the fire for Chris and I to continue to make an ass out of ourselves across the "internets" for your entertainment... and to piss off our wonderful wives.

Just posted and live is our lucky number 7 episode! We are giving away a set of Pinstadiums with UV+Glow and invisishields for any machine of your choice. Listen to this episode to find out how to enter.

In this episode, we talk slingers, Chris vents about 500, err 600 Munster LE's and we talk about what we look for in used games. There may be a mention of Dutch hookers and Greg Bone's back problems, although we do not believe they are related. In this episode's easter egg, which may be a thing moving forward, there is a guest voice of a caller who thoughtfully called in to our voice line with his articulate review (edited for length and entertainment purposes.) Houston... you have a problem.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:Dutch hookers and Greg Bone's back problems, although we do not believe they are related.

#43 5 years ago

Koos destroyed my dreams when he cleared up the fact that Amsterdam is the lone place where this happens. Thanks bud!

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Just posted and live is our lucky number 7 episode! ... In this episode, we talk slingers, Chris vents about 500, err 600 Munster LE's ...

Recently discovered your podcast and I completed a fast catch up on your first 7 episodes this past week - good job! Totally agree with Chris's Munster LE vent too FWIW. Thanks!

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Recently discovered your podcast and I completed a fast catch up on your first 7 episodes this past week - good job! Totally agree with Chris's Munster LE vent too FWIW. Thanks!

Yea Buddy!!!

#46 5 years ago

We just posted our latest episode after a pretty incredible ride in a stainless steel under-powered sports car with a food processor on it. The notes are below if you are interested. Thanks for listening and joining us in our shenanigans!

Ep. 8/60: Back to the Future
    January 22, 2019

In episode 60 of the Slap Save Pinball Podcast we look back at 2019 and summarize the current state of pinball. Chris has somehow still avoided a temper induced aneurysm, and this time goes off on a tangent about the announcement of a game he's not thrilled with. We tackle Sterns Wifi updates and it's consequences, tournament hacks using the same system, the effect of last years Sales Tax and talk about A LOT of games that have hit the market since we started this jalopy just over *1 year ago. We hope you enjoy this unique, special edition of our podcast and thanks for joining us on the ride.

If you would like to be immortalized in the annals (not anals, one "N" makes a huge difference people) of our podcast, please consider contacting us via the Google Voice number below or send a clear audio file to our email account and leave an intro that we can use for the next show. Just say your name, your general location and announce the podcast with the following line:

"Hi, I'm (insert name here) from (insert location here). Welcome to the Slap Save Pinball Podcast with your hosts, Chris Hoeper and Jason Fowler!"

For a limited time, anyone who sends in a audio file of the intro, or calls in an intro, will receive a free magic SSPP sticker via mail that you can affix to your minivan or private jet that is guaranteed to make you irresistible to anyone or anything you desire, except blue eyed people and marsupials. We are currently working on a fix.

**PLEASE NOTE** There is still time to enter our Pinstadium Giveaway and the Drawing will be held on episode #9 next week! See below for entry instructions.

PINSTADIUM ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: (U.S. Only)

1.) Like our facebook page share the contest post (worth 2 entries)

2.) Follow us on instagram and LIKE the post (worth 1 entry) https://www.instagram.com/p/BsrQ6ielhHj/

3.) Follow us on twitter and retweet the contest post https://twitter.com/slap_save_/status/1085342112739221504

4.) Send us an email with a request for the podcast (worth 1 entry) [email protected]

#47 5 years ago

All I can say is WOW. What a unique and fun episode. Very clever and didn’t see this coming. You guys are killing it!

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

All I can say is WOW. What a unique and fun episode. Very clever and didn’t see this coming. You guys are killing it!

Thanks Zach! That's one heck of an endorsement!

For those of you that don't know, we posted a VERY unique episode. This graphic sort of sums it up.

ep 60 graphic (resized).pngep 60 graphic (resized).png
    #49 5 years ago

Hey fellas, that episode really f%$ked with my head. Lol. I jumped in the car, not really paying attention. Pressed play on your podcast. Within a couple minutes I thought I was in the twilight zone. I was googling willy wonka leaks, the ring release info, I was freaking out. Then I stopped and went back and read the title and relistened to the intro. Duh!! Finally realizing this was a creative spin on the future. Too funny. Very creative and great episode. Keep up the great work.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Hey fellas, that episode really f%$ked with my head. Lol. I jumped in the car, not really paying attention. Pressed play on your podcast. Within a couple minutes I thought I was in the twilight zone. I was googling willy wonka leaks, the ring release info, I was freaking out. Then I stopped and went back and read the title and relistened to the intro. Duh!! Finally realizing this was a creative spin on the future. Too funny. Very creative and great episode. Keep up the great work.

HA! I am afraid that you will not be alone in your confusion. A lot of us who listen to podcasts multi task when doing so, and I can imagine this might cause "War of the Worlds" type hysteria.

I'll be giggling on the sidelines.

Thanks for listening my friend! Glad you enjoyed it.

There are 433 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-slap-save-pinball-podcast-thread/ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.