Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 415 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Gizmonic
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

STARS_METEOR_2019b (resized).jpg
    113D69D6-441A-4499-B498-5392D09B2D67 (resized).png
    56F160FB-F574-4DAF-8D1B-3721BCAF7FE5 (resized).png
    78108268-2B3D-450A-AFDA-49EABE66D78A (resized).jpeg
    59A0D7D9-DF74-42A0-84DD-0916191A2822 (resized).jpeg
    slowpoke (resized).png
    da3yaKE[1] (resized).jpg
    20180308_091739 (resized).jpg
    hiatus letter 2 (resized).PNG
    Pinball-54 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6900 (resized).JPG
    download (1) (resized).jpg
    slam tilt (resized).JPG
    IMG_3859 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3858 (resized).JPG
    STOMP (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 7 years ago

Not only do you have 1x Australian listener, you have a New Zealand listener as well.

Two things:

1/ do you have a link for the Tilt bob video you mention in the podcast?

2/ I think the "LE increased by 100" thing you refer to at the start of the podcast refers to the Stern book itself, not a machine.

Cheers!
    rd

3 weeks later
    #69 7 years ago

Loving some Dangerfield ...

rd

IMG_3789 (resized).JPGIMG_3789 (resized).JPG

#71 7 years ago
    Quoted from spida1a:

Heck yeah rotordave!!!

I remember when I was playing it one night in my bedroom, I would have been 13 when it came out, and there is one swear word on the whole album where Rodney says really loudly "do you want to know how f**king ugly she is???" ... and at that EXACT moment my father walked in ... gave me a dirty look and walked right back out again. Lol

Love stand up ... I've been to clubs all over the world. Once at The Comedy Store in LA we were there on a Tuesday or Wednesday night about 2000 after we had been in Vegas at the Tua/Lewis championship fight. The four of us were the only ones there so they got us right up the front and the comedians came out and ran through their new stuff just for us, asking us what we thought etc. Pretty cool.

rd

7 months later
    #123 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Hi guys. Enjoying the show though I'd vote for more pinball poetry and less boring long letters from pin princess

I would have to concur .. reading long form communications doesn't make great listening. Maybe post them up on the Facebook page instead.

I also would like to mention the comments you made regarding Spooky - firstly the centre playfield support. Having had pins for 28 years ish, when I first saw it I went "waaaaat" too. But in practice, it actually works very well, and is vastly superior to the Stern pegs. It gives you the height to work on the flippers if required, and is a stable handle to push/pull the playfield out, as Charlie demonstrates in this video.

I haven't seen TimBalls video, but I admit to using the same technique on Superbeast (and also Dragula..) Start the mode and slam the ramp 1000x. Competition players like us will always find the easy way to score points, however for the vast amount of players, just keeping the ball alive on the RZ playfield for more than 60 seconds is a challenge. I have got to the Wizard mode twice, which was a big challenge with some of the other modes being very tricky.

The Spooky team have been asking for code ideas for RZ over the last few months and a few of us have been helping out. The new code V20 drops very shortly, and you should see some changes in gameplay that should be better for competition play, along with more scoring information on the screen.

I always describe RZ as "black hole on steroids" as that's the closest comparison I came up with. With the exposed pops, you have the random action of the classic Gottliebs (before the Sys3 disasters!) but with 2017 modes and progression added in. It certainly isn't a cookie cutter Stern fan layout, that's for sure, and some of the modern pinballers don't know anything different (probably never seen a Black Hole or Genie, let alone played one..)

RZ brings something different to the table, and I personally celebrate it for doing so. It's a big hit over here (currently the only one in NZ but I have another one on the way for my buddy) and I often have people texting me wanting to come around and play it. I have never had anyone txt to come play the other 11 games in my apartment.

On the Classic Stern front ... NZ is a desert for classic Sterns. There's a few here but mostly heavily beaten through years of arcade use. I have been importing Sterns (and Ballys) for my arcade from the states, so fellow kiwis can get the classic SS fever too.

I think the Stern list looks something like this: Meteor, F2000, Split Second, Ali, Nine Ball, Big Game .. they get dwarfed by the Bally collection, but they're growing.

All good!

rd

1 month later
    #142 6 years ago

Who doesn't love the Panth?

They signed my Hearse!!

rd

IMG_6900 (resized).JPGIMG_6900 (resized).JPG

2 months later
    #159 6 years ago

Sounds like I owe you guys some beer for winning the Head2Head RD Sys11 Challenge!

I believe you’re both going to INDISC?

Danni and I will be there ... I’ll bring the beers!

rd

1 week later
    #163 6 years ago

Enjoy the Xmas break guys.

rd

1 month later
    #172 6 years ago

The theme song is Tiger Woods.

Do I get a prize?

rd

2 months later
    #186 6 years ago

And also, on the podcast you asked what games have user controllable diverters, like Shadow.

Avengers LE does ... on the Hawkeye ramp you can hold the flipper to divert the ball to the left inlane rather than the right.

rd

5 months later
    #228 5 years ago

I believe Jokerz is the Sys11 with the most drops.

Looking at the collection:

Road Kings 1
    Grand lizard 8
    High Speed 0
    Pinbot 3
    F14 0
    Big Guns 6
    Millionaire (aka Millionshit) 2
    Fire 0
    Space Station 3
    Swords of Fury 5
    Taxi 6
    Cyclone 1
    Eathshaker 3
    Jokers 9
    Bk2000 6
    Police force 6
    Bad cats 8
    Whirlwind 4
    Banzai Run 0
    Diner 6
    Riverboat Gambler 8
    Rollergames 3
    Bugs Bunny 3
    Pool Sharks 7
    Mousing Around 0
    Transporter 6
    Game show 1
    Elvira 3
    Radical 6
    Dr Dude 4

Think that’s all of them!

rd

59A0D7D9-DF74-42A0-84DD-0916191A2822 (resized).jpeg59A0D7D9-DF74-42A0-84DD-0916191A2822 (resized).jpeg78108268-2B3D-450A-AFDA-49EABE66D78A (resized).jpeg78108268-2B3D-450A-AFDA-49EABE66D78A (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #230 5 years ago

I gotta tell the story ...

A couple of weeks ago, a fellow pinball player (who is a lecturer in media studies) asked what pinball podcasts to listen to.

I told him try Slam Tilt - he downloaded some and listened.

The other day he messaged me -

“I like the Slam Tilt one. I’ve worked out their dynamic - one guy is Burt and the other guy is Ernie”

Cue lols

rd

1 week later
    #235 5 years ago

Oh, meant to mention - according to the professor of Media Studies, Ron is Burt and Bruce is Ernie.

But all the listeners already worked that out.

rd

2 months later
    #251 5 years ago

To the underworld!

rd

#253 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballprincess:

Underworld...so...this is just constantly playing in the background anywhere you go down there?

Yep. After a while, you don’t notice it so much.

Sorta like living near train lines. After a few months, you don’t hear the trains any more.

And my head hurts from smacking it into the bottom of concrete blocks all the time.

Otherwise, we live the life.

rd

1 month later
    #265 5 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Looking forward to some special editions in the future

Same here.

Catch you at INDISC, Ron ...

rd

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-slam-tilt-podcast?tu=rotordave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.